51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miketangoindia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7033 7 years ago

What's up everybody I've been following this thread pretty much since day one and I finally couldn't take missing out on all the fun and possibly missing out on this last run of MET. Anyway I just ordered a PRO LED through my local stern guy and I'm beyond excited!!! I've already ordered the necessary protectors and a couple cool visual mods for day one unboxing and in all my mod hunting I've noticed that nobody has made anything cool for the piston lane???!!!! Something like this old blown piston with some sweet CNC machining would be cool done on a 3D printer so we could have a flasher up inside would be SWEET I think?? What do ya think?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7052 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Here is a video of a piston mod my brother and I had worked on that is 3D printed. Life has gotton pretty darn busy at the moment so we have stalled on it for a few. Anyhow we hooked the light up to the fuel lane so that it flashes when the lane is ready. It's easy to install too, just snaps onto the ball guide.
» YouTube video

Ask and you shall receive haha. That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of something along those lines! The light is perfect it would really help in letting you know when the lane is ready. I'm sure if you offered a few different colors people would be all over those. I know I would

#7059 7 years ago

I ordered one last week and I was told it would be ready by the end of the month, but who knows now with all the delays being reported. MET will be my first NIB so I'm willing to wait.

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A 4 cylinder??? Weak!!!!

lolol. I dont think 8 of those pistons would fit over that lane! hahah would be awesome though. A cool color for a piston would be to 3D print it in a gray/steel color and then dry brush some scorch marks on the sides of the piston so it looks burnt and blown up!!

1 month later
#7297 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I made this quick mod for my coffin insert by printing some skulls on.a piece of transparency film and putting it below the playfield. I think it looks cool for not much effort
» YouTube video

Duuuuuude that's way cool. Both this and the eyeball stickers are really nice touches.

1 week later
#7361 7 years ago

Just got word from my distibutor that my MET pro led has shipped from the factory and that he will deliver it to my house next Thursday morning!! Sooo psyched!! First NIB hope its problem free

#7363 7 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

Look what just showed up! Plenty of unboxing pics in this thread already, but I thought I'd add a few more anyway. And now, time to get down to business.

So awesome! Happy for you man. MET just never quits being the best!

#7384 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had to wait over four months for my game to be built, but I finally joined the club yesterday ...

Duuuuude nice!!! I get mine on Friday morning!! (its sitting at my distributors shop right now) I cant WAITTT!!!

#7441 7 years ago

Got it!! Have the Polk sub, sparky protector, eyeball sticker, Mylar magnet protectors, fangs, under cab lights, tongue sticker cemetery arch and shooter lane cliffys before the first ball launched. Oh and I added a couple color LED's.

#7445 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I have the Mezelmods snake fangs and they want to rotate to the left instead of staying in place. I installed them by loosing the screw in the top of the mouth inserted the fangs and tightened the screw back down. I can wiggle them a little side to side and when your playing they will rotate to the left. I don't see how to tighten them down any more as the screw is already tight. Has anyone else had this issue?

Mine are not loose like yours to where they will rotate on their own. However, I can move them around if I push on them but they will stay centered. Maybe put a little shim of sorts in there with them? A small piece of electrical tape on top of the fangs to take up some of the space maybe to tighten them up? Just thinkin out loud haha.

#7446 7 years ago

So I know this has been covered over and over in this thread but its so dang huge at this point its hard to navigate haha. BUT.....I'm having bounce back issues with the post that pops up on the orbit. I know the best solution is to order/install the metal post from Marco but in the meantime is there an adjustment I can make to aid in less bounce backs? Maybe increase pitch? Decrease pitch? Otherwise this game is amazing!!

BTW anybody who DOES NOT have the Polk psw10 hooked up to Metallica is seriously missing out! Wow just wow. MET and my BSD share the same sub and both of these pins are crazy with some bass. Took me long enough to get a sub lolol. (bought it just yesterday over at FRY's)

#7448 7 years ago

Yup! It even says clear sparky protector included but not shown. GTG

#7462 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I was confused, because I thought they were perhaps referring to a non-extended version of the protector.

You got it! Best game ever!!!

#7534 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I always used Pinball life premium pinballs since very first game new. Now I see pinball life don't carry the premiums "oh so shiny" ones no more. They only have the standard ones. What is everyone using in Metallica? When did pinball life stop selling the premiums?

Honestly I cannot tell the difference between sterns current balls and the PBL shiny ones. Before my first ball launch I held brand new PBL balls side by side with the stock stern balls that came with my MET pro led (5 days ago) and me and my distributor who delivered and set the game up could not tell a difference. I played with the stern balls for a couple days then switched to the PBL balls. IMO no difference at all. Seems as though stern ships with better balls now??? I don't know. Just an observation.

#7535 7 years ago

Btw I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

#7539 7 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

joining the club!!! my first NIB.
Does the machine come with the most recent code or do I have to update them myself?

FWIW I had to update the code and I received mine 5 days ago. It takes a lil while, but what me and my distro did while it was uploading was install mylar around the magnets, sparky protector, cliffys, snake fangs/tongue sticker and Mezel cemetery arch!!! Made use of the down time lolol

#7553 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So what's the answer on replacement pinballs?

Just roll the Stern balls....I couldnt tell a difference. (unless you have some PBL balls and want piece of mind)

#7638 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Official member! Pretty excited about this one. Kids are having a blast with it, too. Game really has grown on me and had to have one. Scoring, gameplay, and difficulty are all well balanced. Really easy to learn rules and get things going. Great art, sound, and dots but of course everyone here knows all that. Already ordered some mods including a colordmd. One question - is it a good idea to get a cliffy for the mystery saucer? My experience has been cliffy's make shots more difficult and not a fan of that. Plan on getting mylar for the magnets but not sure where to get that. Wish I could surf the pinball life website but have to wait until they are back.

Congrats!! Marco has some Mylar circles for Iron Man that are perfect for Metallica. The sparky one even has a little cutout for the post on the left of the magnet! Looks like it was meant to be there. The graveyard magnet you will have to cut the circle into more of a square to fit in between the graveyard lane but that one doesnt see the abuse that sparky magnet gets. I put some mylar in the shooter lane right where the ball kicks out and also the shooter lane cliffy to protect the wood on kickout. I also put a piece of mylar in the center drain hole area wrapped over the edges. Some guys have had problems there with the clear chipping so I prevented that from happening with some mylar right at the center drain. The biggest most important thing to get is the extended sparky protector plastic if you dont have it already. Pinbits has it in a kit or you can buy it separate.

#7642 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the cliffy does make the shot harder, but does help protect the mystery hole. I've actually got both the mantis style and the cliffy in mine (the cliffy gets installed first and the mantis slides inside from underneath)
as MTI states, the iron man mylar is a perfect fit for the magnet area in front of sparky. I waxed my playfield prior to installing the mylar to make removal a bit easier.

Ahhhh you referred to me as MTI haha. Good catch! You must use the phonetic alphabet for work? For hobby?

Oh and to keep it on topic....METALLICA best pin EVER!! woohooo

1 week later
#7914 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Your best bet is Craigslist. I see used Polk PSW10s come up all the time. Here's one not to far from you for $50 ...
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Frys has them in store also. Kind of hard to find a Frys but if you have one nearby they will price match anything on the internet. Thats how I got mine. Such a BADASS electronics store. If anyone is coming to Vegas soon and has never been to a Frys....you NEED to stop in. Just a little further south from the strip on Las Vegas BLVD.

#7919 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I loosened and re-tightened the 2 screws on the coil stop (snugging it up a bit more) and that seems to have corrected the loud buzzing when the left flipper is engaged. thanks!

Hmmm I'll have to try that. I have the left flipper buzz also, right out of the box. Its weird, sometimes no buzz, sometimes very little, sometimes very loud buzz.

#7926 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have translucent on mine. I think they are 2", but someone else might want to confirm.

FWIW I have the 2" purple Titans on mine (looks awesome btw). BUT....they are a tad to small I feel. Because they are so tight the ball bounces off the slings alot now with no triggering of the slingshot coil. I want to try the next size bigger. 2 and 1/2" maybe? For now I have put the original black ones back on.

#7929 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! This is exactly the information I was looking for. I thought I read that some people found the 2" ones to be too tight. I'll order both sizes.

Good plan!!! haha

#7931 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I might be getting a nice Pro soon. Is there anything I should be looking at? Known issues? I've played a Premium and really like the hammer, too bad this doesn't have it...

It seems that the big wear area on any MET (pro or premium) is going to be Sparky himself, the Sparky magnet and the playfield around the sparky magnet. Those three ares will be in worse condition if the previous owner had never installed a mylar circle around the magnet and also the extended Sparky plastic protector. Also check the normal stuff like, shooter lane wear, mystery scoop, center drain wear, broken plastics etc etc. But I would focus on the sparky area.

Also out of curiosity, is it an original PRO (square hole speakers), or a new PRO LED (round hole speakers with graphic)?

#7932 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just put the 2.5" on mine yesterday, titan,
The 2 inch are to small and will break after a few months playing . Ironically my last game I played before vacation the right one split and when I got home the left had split as well, weird or consistent .

Cool!! Good to know!! thanks. Definitely ordering the 2.5" ones now!

3 months later
#8677 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks bought one. Are you guys putting mylar over the magnet by sparky? Find that the ball sometimes doesn't get caught if I do....

Yes. But not OVER the magnet core itself. Just the big ring around it. Go to Marco and they have the mylar rings for Iron Man which are a perfect fit for Metallica as well!!

1 month later
#8923 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Wanted to get some opinions on this insert. My Met Pro (home only) is less then 6 months and cleaning today I noticed this cracking above the letter T. The insert always looked a bit off but really took a good look today.
Is this normal?

Mine is like that also doesn't bother me one bit it's fairly normal. The insert is level and when the game is on you can't even tell. Like others have said it's called crazing.

2 months later
#10181 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

That's what I attempted to do. It worked on the left side but it took a bad turn when I did the right side. I will take a shot at fixing it eventually.

Yeah man they sure are easy to screw up for sure!! I was SUPER nervous about doing them myself as well but i used the windex method. You then can just literally slide them around to where you want them and work out wrinkles at your leisure. I highly recommend that method. That was my first set I've ever done and I was terrified lol. After you get them where you want them just slowly work the liquid out with a towel or something. Once the windex dries/evaporates the sticker isn't going anywhere.

1 week later
#10324 7 years ago

Congrats on the Met Pro Jeston and welcome! Such a badass machine I LOVE mine. As far as the right ramp entrance goes? Mine is the exact same way with the two standup targets where they are. I'm assuming you are talking about them being "in the way" when you don't complete a right ramp shot and the ball rolls back down the ramp and hits the back of the standups right? The ball will kind of bounce between the two stand ups usually then continue down back onto the playfield. That's what mine does and I've played a few other MET's on location here in Las Vegas and they all did that as well.

2 weeks later
#10494 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is a setting that makes it much more family friendly, although with the *Bleeps* you can still tell what is being said. Of coruse you wont get JACK FUCKIN POT!!!!!!!!!

Or my favorite: I SWEAR IF THAT SNAKE LOOKS AT ME FUNNY, I'LL FUCK HIM UP!

Never gets old haha

1 week later
#10560 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I want a Met Pro but can't find a used one for love nor money.
They just don't come up for sale here in the UK.

Just order a NIB one? Unfortunately when they do come up for sale it's still pretty close to a NIB price especially if it has lots of mods. This machine is still in pretty high demand so a used one won't be too much of a savings. Not saying that there aren't deals out there still but I personally wouldn't wait around for a used deal that might never happen. Just order a NIB one!! You won't regret it. Such an awesome game.

#10564 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I might have to order a NIB. Although a NIB Pro costs the equivalent of $7500 over here.

Ouch! I can see the hesitation now

2 weeks later
#10691 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, not really sure what is going on with my MET pro, every so often when I activate the left flipper the game awards me 500,000 points? Also if I activate the left flipper soon after I plunge, the game will do a ball save, and I will have 2 balls in play right after plunge. Any suggestions what might be going wrong here.

Sounds like the vibration from the left flipper is triggering a loose solder joint/connection on one of the switches for draining. Check those connectors. Also does anyone know if you get 500,000 points for just draining?

#10698 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I figured it out, the left flipper was somehow activating the left outline switch. I lightly bent the switch and now the problem has been fixed! Thanks for the help!

Boom!!! I knew it lol. Good job!!!

3 months later
#11472 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I was just as frustrated but to be fair to the guy, mine was delivered in 3 1/2 weeks. Give it some more time.

Yeah same here. He's strange to deal with for sure. I've had mine for prolly 2 years now but when I ordered it was the same experience. Hell take the money then like maybe 2-3 weeks go by and all of a sudden an envelope shows up with a hand written address on it and your sticker/cling in it. I can't say whether or not to cancel as it seems some have been ripped off. But I would wait a lil longer. I like mine. I will say this though, if you do get it make sure you peel it up when you go to wax your playfield. I didn't take it up once and started wiping wax all over it and it faded the black ink to more of a gray now. Looks fine when lit up but it's definitely faded now. My mistake.

#11478 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The eyeball sticker mod looks like garbage compared to the skulls underlay. And you will get the skulls very quickly after payment.

Yeah I want to change out to that. Just haven't gotten around to ordering it haha

2 weeks later
#11586 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone else contemplated applying mylar to the ramps? They are just so beautiful and I would hate to ever end up seeing them get ball trails in the centers.

Never heard of or seen anyone do that. Keep it clean and you will not have any problems. IMO worn out Mylar on a ramp would look far more horrible than a small trail on a ramp. Also I would think the ball speed entering the ramps would suffer greatly.

2 weeks later
#11647 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey guys,
My snake has a broken fang. Has anyone found a way to glue or reattach an original fang?

Honestly if that happened to mine I would just buy a new set of fangs. I don't remember the price but I don't remember them being outrageous or anything. I think if you glue it back on it'll just break again soon. Definitely worth a shot though! I would reach for the handy dandy cyanoacrylate (CA) glue.

Edit: love the Eddie avatar btw haha

#11687 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey guys..check out this sweet--ass snake mod that fits on the right side wire form. I'm sure to be ordering one this week..what do ya think of it?!?!

Yeah wow!! Very nice! But not for me either lol. Rattlesnakes CREEP me out and that mod does the same when I look at it lol. I couldn't do it. My wife would NEVER play MET ever again lol. I actually spend most of my time in my AZ house which is very remote so whenever I see a rattlesnake it literally makes your heart skip a beat. If it's on my property I have to kill it now. Never fun runnin across one.

But the craftsmanship looks excellent!!

#11694 6 years ago

The mod is not for me. It looks like good quality, but the theme does not fit the snake at all IMO. The Met snake is more of a viper IMO and should not have a rattlesnake tail.

And not to be a smartass.....BUT.....rattlesnakes are vipers. Pit Vipers to be exact

#11697 6 years ago

Well I learned something new! I still don't like em

Haha me neither!! Scary when ya run across one. That rattle sound is something you know instantly.

#11701 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I usually have to dispatch at least 2 or 3 rattlesnakes a year from my yard or property .
No Kidding !

I primarily live in Kingman AZ for the year and same here. I hate rattlers!!

2 weeks later
#11782 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.
Moving machines to a charity show - one of the straps gave way.
Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

Omg!!! That is horrible. Sorry man. Thats too bad also cause it was for a charity show. Trying to do something good and this happens.

1 week later
#11850 6 years ago

Yeah I have a sub and the Stern shaker. Completely agree with snakesnsparklers. They both do different things.

1 week later
#11938 6 years ago

Sooooo not to be a party pooper (I’m super excited you got your play field) BUT......where is the second Newton ball?!

A5B20508-E1BD-48AC-BDE8-FA4B44EA6D5A (resized).pngA5B20508-E1BD-48AC-BDE8-FA4B44EA6D5A (resized).png

#11941 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

No worries. It fell out when it was shipped. Was in the box. Luckily it didn't bounce around and damage anything. When I packed my old playfield the same ball fell out. The plastic above it is super bendy and when I tilted the playfield it just fell out. One of many things I have to put back.

Phew!! Lol good to hear! Wouldn’t have been a deal breaker anyway just drop a ball in lol. I thought we were onto another Stern QC issue lol. Good luck putting her back together. Happy for ya!

#11988 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

What all needs to be done to add a shaker motor

I had my distributor order the SAM shaker for me and then he came over and installed it. Took him less than 20 minutes. I 100% could have done it myself but he asked if I wanted a shaker when I bought the machine and I said “sure”!! Lol. Super easy. Literally just plug and play.

#11991 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does anyone know if there is a back box decal that mimics the new stern back box for the older Metallica‘s

Are you referring to the speaker grill decal? If so I wonder if you could get a new version, “line it up” and carefully cut a nice line around the speakers. Kind of like window tint guys do with the razor blade.

Edit: that probably wouldn’t turn out too good and it’s too “in your face” to be anything but perfect.

1 week later
#12086 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

for the lazy. it literally took me 5 secs to pull this up by searching "metallica" on marco's website
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

Haha lol. Nice

#12113 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just dropped my new playfield in and put back on my mods. Holy crap, Stern hooked me up. This playfield is beautiful and plays so much better than my original. Dialed in perfect. Was thinking about selling but changed my mind. Keeping for a bit longer.

MET is a keeper! Every time I think of selling mine for something else for a lil change all I have to do is play a couple games and my mind changes pretty quick lol.

1 week later
#12189 6 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Have a pretty basic question, but have not been able to find the answer by searching the forums. Is there a way to prevent the selected song from restarting each time the ball is plunged? In other words, continue the song from where it was when you drained.

Each song has what you could call a “checkpoint”. If you don’t make it to said checkpoint.....the song starts over. If you make it to a checkpoint or multiple checkpoints it will start from the last one you made it to. Sometimes I find myself cheating and cradling the ball for a few minutes just to make it to a certain part of the song lolol. I suck sometimes lol

#12210 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is it bad to hold the flippers for an extended period of time?

So I very rarely do this haha. I didn’t know this was bad for it but I do it to explain shots to people who are watching and are curious what I’m shooting for. And also sometimes just for a minute to advance the song a little. And honestly , I can’t even recall the last time I did it besides the normal cradling during game play. I will now limit my cradling time though based on others chiming in. Thanks for the heads up!!

2 weeks later
#12248 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No , I haven't seen one, web site doesn't show it and can't find a video on YouTube .
I am thinking of buying one but not until I see one lit up.

Is this it? I found these on google images.

0E0347DC-EA83-43B9-90A8-C41AAB4E22D5 (resized).jpeg0E0347DC-EA83-43B9-90A8-C41AAB4E22D5 (resized).jpeg

D7883343-4B70-4336-AFD3-4B1C5CEAFDE1 (resized).jpegD7883343-4B70-4336-AFD3-4B1C5CEAFDE1 (resized).jpeg

#12250 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope ...
I would think something for sale would be "easy" to find & buy. That one is made by tilt topper

Ahhh gotcha lol. Yeah I know right. I’ll never understand when something is for sale but there are no pics!!! Crazy haha

#12252 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Does the topper say Metallica on it?

I don’t know lol. I’ve never seen it

#12254 6 years ago

Ahhhhh yes I have seen that one then. Didn’t know that was the Laseriffic one lol

1 month later
#12489 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
I've got a question for Pro Led owners. Does this version have leds mounted on a card for some inserts? I had a Met Pro in the past with a full leds conversion, but i would like to know if Stern put some of this leds/card on the Pro Led? And if it's easy to replace with leds bulbs? I like to choose colors myself and with this kind of leds it's a bit tricky
Thanks

I have a pro led. You can change whichever bulb you want. They are either 555’s or 44/47’s. When you say “card” do you mean an led on those little pcb’s?

#12491 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Yes, pcb. I forget the english name.
Thanks for the answer

Haha no problem. I figured that’s what you meant

2 weeks later
#12609 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Who made the extended sparky protector? My pf was replaced and I forgot to swap it

Pinbits. Get the ones without the spider web engraved in it. Some have reported that the those break prematurely. Maybe the spider web engraving weakens it? I have the plain clear one on my game. Still going strong.

2 weeks later
#12847 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

This may be a dumb question but why doesn't Stern just sell these? I mean, what would the negative be?

The way I see it is that they don’t want the premiums and LE’s to feel less “special”. If they just sold any translite to anyone then why not just buy a Master Of Puppets translite and slap it on a pro? It would cheapen the feel of the higher trim level machines and make them feel like everyone has the same thing.

#12852 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I like my roadcase, but came with the sweaty dudes translite.
Its a premium, same parts and mechs, so no reason I shouldn’t be able to call Stern with my serial # and get a 100 buck monsters translite.
But nope...striking oil in the backyard would be easier.

Hmmm now that is weird. I see no problem with a lateral move like that.....but this is Stern we’re dealing with so I’m not surprised lol. Btw I have a pro led.

#12861 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Completely false. MOPLE has a mirrored backglass. NOT a translite, and it was never used in any premiums. I don't know where you guys come up with this shit.

Lol right!!? Haha yeah the master of puppets glass is LE only.

3 weeks later
#13006 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Did you see that Marco apparently has them in stock? The image is wrong though, so you might want to confirm with them:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=metallica+translite

I clicked your link it is a PRO translite.

#13009 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

There's two. One is Pro. The other SAYS Premium/LE -- but has the wrong picture, so I don't know if the picture is wrong or the text is wrong.

Haha lol wow. I saw the picture of the coil next to it and didn’t even read the words below it lol

1 week later
#13126 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

You might consider buying PinStadium to solve this issue?

Or maybe just put the damn spotlights back on like it was designed? I also tried moving the spotlights to the scoop and the fuel lights area and I couldn’t stand how dark my center playfield was. Put them back after about 10 minutes of playing with them off.....horrible.
Just blue loctite them. Works great.

1 week later
#13189 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Anyone know where to find these lightup shooter assembly?

What the heck Metallica machine is that??!!! Some sort of prototype? Home brew?

#13191 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That looks like the home made Met that was a re theme of an earth shaker.

Oh cool I didn’t know one existed!

#13193 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, it was pretty well done as well. Finally found a link to it:
» YouTube video

That’s awesome! I’ve never seen that! Thanks for posting it.

#13216 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah, I can't hit the scoop either... And trying usually results in the ball rebounding quickly SDTM. So I rely on the bouncing off the bumpers to get in. Sucks... Or more likely, I do.

I can’t ever get it in the scope either. Especially when that red bulb is flashing for an extra ball and you are already on ball 3 and need the extra soooo bad lolol

#13218 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I very rarely go for the extra ball as I can't hit that shot regularly. Even when CIU is lit and I nail the shot it sometimes bounces out. I have been fortunate enough to hit the Jackpot a couple of times with a high score of 284 million. I've owned the machine for about 9 months and I've just started scratching the surface on games regularly in the 100-200 mill range. The most I've ever completed was 2 CIU and that wasn't my high score. I still have a long ways to go.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I moved the outlane post down as well. I am so glad I did too, especially for other people that come over and play. They have gotten so much further in the game now that I adjusted that post.

Yeah my posts are closed up also. I still suck!! Haha

1 week later
#13272 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I picked a pro up recently myself and I am intrigued by the spinner mod for it. Curious to know if there is a known source for the two plastics that need to be modified. Full Premium/LE plastic sets aren't available from Marco any longer and I'd rather not cut my plastics up.

Spinners are cool for sure and look great but the code isn’t supported for the PRO. All that they do is advance pick targets to collect band members quicker.

#13275 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you combine the spinners with Mike's sound caller add-on, then they are even more awesome. You don't have to tie them into the pick targets, and the sound they make even changes depending on the mode.

That sounds cool. Haven’t heard of that board.

#13278 5 years ago

Ahhhh gotcha so you need the total light show mod. I see now

3 weeks later
#13402 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also if someone could send me a link to somewhere that sells ball jump guards, specifically the extended plastic protector at Sparkys feet please. Major ball jump area.

Pinbits sells the sparky plastic protector for airballs. You can buy just the clear one. That’s the one you want, resist the colored ones with the spider webs. They look like shit and some people have reported that the etching of the spider web weakens the plastic and will prematurely break. As for the post you are referring to it is the diverter post that is behind sparky on the orbit. It’s a plastic post that moves up/down and the plastic is too “bouncy” so people replace it with a metal one. I got mine from Marco but haven’t installed it yet haha. And finally there should be “key posts” (in yellow) at the beginnng of the thread at the top with links to all this stuff.

#13448 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just tried. They actually start over every ball. I tried sewering immediately or waiting a minute. Starts over. Lame

Incorrect. There are checkpoints that you have to make it to for all the songs. Otherwise it does start over. Don’t drain so quick lol...problem solved

3 weeks later
#13612 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Noob question here. Holding my left flipper isn't disabling my orbital up-post for the super skill shot. The post seems to be functioning normally otherwise. Song selection prior to shooting is also working fine. Any ideas as to what is causing it?

When you are holding the left flipper for the super skill shot are you plunging the ball while holding the left flipper in? That’s the correct way to do it. If you are just holding the left flipper and are waiting for the up post to go down it won’t happen. You have to plunge the ball, holding left flipper, and THEN it will go down. Just making sure you’re doing the right sequence.

2 weeks later
#13724 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looking at your games, defiantly TWD. I would also think you might want Iron Maiden over Met.

How do you know that he would rather have IMDN over MET? Lol. He already said he wants a MET.....

1 month later
#14024 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Or u can just wait ten seconds and have a sip of beer!

Yeah totally haha. It’s not that long of a sequence. That’s my beer sippin chance also! Wipe the sweat off your hands, sip of beer and get ready lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miketangoindia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=miketangoindia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.