Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3146 8 years ago

Officially joining the Met club!!

Pickup likely in a week or so.

=)

#3245 8 years ago

Put down my deposit today, should have my game within a week!

#3249 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats, that's a big purchase for you in Canada.

I have a lot of friends up here, and made myself a pretty sweet deal.

Brought home ACDC prem. Friday night as well.

N.B. Wife is away for the weekend.... oops

#3250 8 years ago
uhhhhhhhh.jpguhhhhhhhh.jpg
#3251 8 years ago

There is no line FG DMD, was just in transition when pic was taken.

#3253 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Nice! With your collection what's pin or two she'll never notice..

She plays them. So She will know.

Funny enough, AC/DC was the one pin she said she missed when I sold it the first time.

#3255 8 years ago

My basement a few weeks ago.

uhhhhhhhh.jpguhhhhhhhh.jpg
#3256 8 years ago

The game folded on the left is TOTAN. In the background are a few games Im holding for a fellow pinhead.

Firepower, Pharoah and Elektra. Uber clean examples too.

#3257 8 years ago

Star Trek is on my short list, but with bringing back ACDC and deposit on Met. It aint gonna happen for a while. Unless I trade something off, but I doubt I would.

#3262 8 years ago

You got PM

#3271 8 years ago

This is surprisingly not bad.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#3629 8 years ago

Mines home, now to clean and mod.

g5.jpgg5.jpg
1 week later
#3723 8 years ago

Added speaker panel to met. Now to continue with a whole list of stuff.

11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg
8 months later
#6309 8 years ago

Finally installed my spinner kit, and looks like I may be leaving the club shortly... =/

Interesting way to cut plastic here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-need-a-plastic-surgeon-go-to-the-dentist#post-3014926

2 weeks later
#6476 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Speaking of drop targets, I currently have 1 target, the first target, that is broke. I contacted Stern and they sent me new targets, but it seems the procedure to replace it is somewhat daunting. As a total noob with no tools, would I be better served contacting a pro to replace? I do have some mechanical aptitude, but....

The drops on met are a bit of a pain as they are all in line on the same armature and mech. Its easy to do, but takes patience as you have to remove e clips and washers while remembering the order they came out in.

Take pictures and you should be OK. Good learning time

#6482 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Please do yourself a huge favor and remove the target mech from the machine and work on it on a bench. It so simple to remove. Four screws and two connectors. The work is tedious and having it on a bench is the only way I would even think of working on it.

Definite 2nd...

From experience

2 months later
#7140 7 years ago

May 03, 2013 build date.

Game needs a clean, but no wear at magnet.

IMG_20160527_070650_(resized).jpgIMG_20160527_070650_(resized).jpg

#7146 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How is that possible???? My game was made in March of 2016 and there are dimples everywhere. My playfield is a lot cleaner, but my magnet is worn and has dents everywhere.

Not sure. Never had to level from new, and it has in the thousands of plays.

Usually clean. But haven't had time recently.

#7170 7 years ago
Quoted from mojomania:

Greetings all.
I have landed a NIB Metallica in Toronto...it's their last one.
For the last few days I have been torn between Metallica and Ghostbusters. Last night I took my wife out for pinball and the Metallica and GB cabs were side by each. While I really enjoy the rule set for Metallica, I could not stop looking at the GB pin when it was being played, and my wife enjoyed the GB over Metallica strictly for theme. Buying both is not an option so it REALLY leaves me TORN!!!!
So here is my question...when you are struggling between choosing one of two pins, what wins over for you for the deciding factor? For me it seems to have been that I feel Metallica has a solid rule set and I know very little about GB as a comparative. GB is just so new but when you look at it you can't help but think it's a very deep game.
I feel like I should stick with Metallica, with the hopes of landing a GB in a couple years after they work out the kinks. I am seeing a few concerns about the right ramp on GB pro, but gosh when I look at this pin, I think to myself..."how can that pin not be amazing."
I have seen a lot of great comments about the Metallica rule set and that's why I picked it....but theme and appearance wise GB would be a home run for my house.
This almost sounds like a what do I do question doesn't it?

A few thoughts from being a collector, being a MET owner, a GB onlooker and a local GTA'er

1) GB while gorgeous with art and a dream theme (for me at least) does not capture me yet. The ruleset while decent, is very lopsided in scoring. It is also a drain monster. With being in a home environment, this may become more frustrating than fun. So to me, the better choice for a new purchase is Met.

2) The met that you have landed, is NOT the last one. They are still being made, and can be found for sale from other collectors all the time. With the way the market is going, it wont be hard to find either later on, if you decide you want to swap or have both at that point.

3) I think it comes down to having more game time, and with that said, you need to have game time on a dialed in game, rather than a showroom model. If you can find a collector willing to let you play, do so.

3.5) With that said, I dont have GB, but I do have a Metallica and you are more than welcome to come throw some games on it. You will also see what else there is that is no longer nib, but may tickle your fancy. Im home today if you happen to see this in time.

4) I have sent you a PM, call me if you have any questions and I am happy to help you out.

have fun flipping!!

#7177 7 years ago

Factory here is a spanner too.

1464539869251269315870_(resized).jpg1464539869251269315870_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7312 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This has to be the best fan club thread of all pinball time.
Endless flow of mods keep popping up. So much enthusiasm for the pin.
-mof

This is a strong club, but tron has a crazy following.

#7318 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone get a NIB Met Pro of a more recent run? Built within the last few months? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a NIB Met Pro but keep hearing about playfield issues on other threads, not just MET but other pins like GB as well. Clearcoat issues, inserts lifting from the clear coat etc... Any advice or thoughts here would be appreciated! Before anyone suggests getting a used one - yes I've looked for awhile, none have popped up near me, I want the Pro LED version.

Where are you located?

#7341 7 years ago

You guys keep the glass on?

I thought it was just a precaution for shipping.

#7344 7 years ago

I wonder if my scores would suffer if I started using the flippers.

1 week later
#7402 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Old code. new code; both sound amazing. Now the only thing left is to wait until next week for my Monsters Prem!
Can I join your cool kids club?

Small fee ensures you a member spot here.

And don't forget, once you are approved you will receive a coupon in the mail for a free baconator. Admin will take care if this for you.

#7455 7 years ago

Or slope your machine more if it's too level.

#7464 7 years ago

Installed Hank Scorpios insert led mod. What a difference.

Thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1/page/2#post-3230114

Before and after

IMG_20160703_123719_(resized).jpgIMG_20160703_123719_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160703_120201_(resized).jpgIMG_20160703_120201_(resized).jpg

#7465 7 years ago

Uploaded backwards, lol

The after is the full colour. Before is bulb spotting.

#7525 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Speaker question. My Pro is a few months old and has developed a buzzing from the one back box speaker when turned up. I don't really care for the sound quality of the factory speakers. Anyone installed the Pro pinball kit ? and does the larger subwoofer magnet make a difference over the standard one in their kit?

Can't answer on he tweeters, but the sub is marginally better.

I've used both ff and pp. Are they better? Yes. Are they amazing...... no.

Much better and easier to use an external sub.

#7574 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The only thing that scares me about doing that is if it kicks to the side and screws up my side art. It takes a pretty good shove to get it over that hump.
Stupid design if you ask me.

Just make sure to go straight. Won't harm sides if you don't go ape on it.

#7576 7 years ago
Quoted from Stron:

Thank you Pinsider's for the tech support. I followed the Service bulletin #165 to repair my problem.

This fix won't work on Metallica in-line drops. They are completely different mechanism, all encased using a single rod through the three targets together.

In theory you can make it work, by adding washers behind the targets to push them forward, but there is no plastic ledge for you to do it the opposite way around. That's how I fixed mine, so I'm not sure how you used that tech bulletin to repair your issue.

2 weeks later
#7837 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

It was a very tough call for me, but my KISS Premium is out the door. Should I join this club now?

Could have been a trade deal

#7892 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I recently noticed that my left flipper coil is buzzing really loud when holding the flipper button in. it just started happening today. does anyone have a solution or have they experienced that before as well? it seems to be intermittent, but when it occurs, it's really loud (and only the left flipper).
I lifted the playfield and checked the end of stroke (comparing it to the right flipper) and they both appear to be the same when the flippers are engaged

Some buzz is expected. All Stern flippers buzz and some are worse than others.

Only question here, which is impossible to answer, is the buzz more than normal? I've heard some pretty loud ones but none had any issue.

2 weeks later
#8084 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm having an odd issue... after a ball drains, the front grave marker drop target pops up and down a few times and then normally just stays down. Even if I didn't hit it previously. Sometimes it will stay up and the 2nd drop target will drop to start the next ball. Any idea what I should check first?

Need to add washers behind the targets to push the lip forward. This is a common issue in many stern games.

There is a slightly elongated edge on the front of each drop that catches a lip and sometimes they aren't forward enough to negate the action of the spring.

With met though, you need to remove the assembly as all three targets share the same rod mechanism.

It's not difficult, but it can be frustrating if you aren't patient.

5 months later
#9392 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Since mine is a new build.....I'm wondering if they're doing something different now. Because I was able to find a wire that is tagged to plug into J1, but it's only a two pin connector. I'll take a pic and post later on.

Texting you. There are in fact two configuration models.

#9412 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody have issues with drop targets not dropping completely down? This has happened to me a couple times which required glass removal to get the ball back. The 3rd/final grave marker drop target will sometimes partially drop when hit and will stay raised about 1/4" above the playfield. If the ball gets past it and it doesn't drop completely, the ball is now stuck and can only be retrieved by manually pressing the drop target to drop it down completely. Before I pull the whole drop target assembly and look for issues any tips?

There is an adjustment you can make on the mechanism from underneath to level off the height of the target after it falls.

#9425 7 years ago

I don't think that's the issue. When the target drops fully which it does most of the time, it sits completely flush. Occasionally it will only drop most of the way down. Another hit will usually drop it fully unless the ball gets stuck behind then glass needs to come off.

Sounds like something is jammed in the slotting or the spring is stretched/broken.

The drops on met are in a terribly finicky mech and all three are connected to the same rods that guide them up/down.

Try tapping them with your finger manually to make them drop and see if the problems persists. It may be as simple as a dirty target slide. Hard to tell without seeing it, but I understand now, its not the height adjustment I mentioned.

Maybe get a quick video if possible.

#9428 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Are you the original owner? Has the drop target assy ever been adjusted/modified?
I'm asking because I have the exact problem you describe. I created the problem myself but it happens rarely enough that I can live with it. The drops are notorious for either falling down on their own or bricking. I had the problem of falling down on their own. So I modified my drop target assy by adding washers which puts more pressure behind the targets. But I got too much pressure and sometimes the drop will actually hang up on the edge of the drop target decal, which means it will stick up about 1/8 inch above the playfield. Now, that is fine if the next ball is a fast moving ball because it will just knock the target the rest of the way down as it rolls by. But if it is a slow moving ball it may get trapped behind the target and require a glass removal to free the stuck ball.

I had to do the washer trick as well. It's quite possible you used a washer that was too thick.

#9513 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One of the most obvious ways to check a routed game is any wear at all around the coin slots. If not then that area should look perfect. Also audits can be reset but you could check audits for coins thru right slot, left slot, paid credits, etc.

Some home use games may still have coin wear. There are people that exclusively use coin mechs even in home use environments.

Weird, but out there. I also know a lot of people who have kids that enjoy putting the coins in, and it just becomes something that's done more often than not.

#9515 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Question. New Premium. When I shoot the orbit shot, either left or right, the divertor (the white plastic post) continuously pops up, stopping the ball from making a full orbit. Is this normal?

Completely normal. Supposed to force the ball into the pops. Can have a negative effect from the left orbit and bouncing back, so a lot of people use a metal replacement post to actually stop the ball and allow it to fall into the pops as programmed.

#9526 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was just gonna start a game (played last night with no problem). Turn it on......and all I hear is the sound of the post inside the coffin, going up and down. There's a ball in there. Fiddled around a bit trying to get it out, now have this error. "Device Malfunction Coffin Lockup".
Any suggestions folks??

Could be an opto error
Maybe something fell in and jammed it (screw, bulb, etc)

Did you clear it out?

#9528 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Tried clearing it out....same thing, the plunger just keeps going up and down, with no result.

Something is tripping the switch. Have you gone into switch test mode to see what's active?

#9709 7 years ago

Im glad Korn figured it all out in the end, but man, whata shame to not play the game.

As everyone else said, play until the cliffys come and then install them. No need to be "spooked" or hung up on it.

In fact, I dont have cliffys in my games, which are played heavily (including league nights) and my games look just fine. Dont miss out because of some naysayers.

If you really couldnt play the game without cliffys, it wouldnt be built without them (yes, I know Stern has cut a lot of corners).

Its not like the ball is covered in sandpaper and razor blades.

#9718 7 years ago

Cliff's really comes down to personal choice and game specific. Some people don't like to even know a spec of damage might be happening out of sight under the apron in the drain hole while others just don't care.

Some go overboard, some just do basics. And some do nothing.

Do whatever you feel makes you comfortable as an owner.

#9727 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Word to the wise, my Metallica drain hole starting seeing damage in the first hundred games easily. I would not play it without mylaring the drain hole unless you are not concerned. Sorry, but it happened to me.

No need to be sorry, its your experience, and you made a choice.

To some people, the drain hole (which is completely covered by the apron) is not a concern. Out of sight, out of mind.

#9752 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Whatever you do..DON'T play and and DON'T dare get sparky multiball..muahahaha

+1

#9774 7 years ago

Why did you need to photoshop the HS initials?

Was wondering this myself.

#9776 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Because I don't want my real initials on Pinside?

Wow!

1 week later
#9939 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There are so many options.. don't bother with a kit..just create your own! Few extra lights never hurts if you want to switch up a color later on too!

I agree 100%

Went full custom on my met as well.

IMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpg

#9945 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Planning on doing the same. As I said before, this is my first Stern machine. Under the Playfield all the lights have this white plastic screwed to the playfield. Is this some type of different light? Never seen that before in any of my games. Most games just have the regular socket which you unscrew to install the led. Also, are Metallica GI lights 555's or 44's? Thanks guys!
Edit: I ask this because I'm a bit confused about some areas. For example, for the fuel gauge lights they sell these "gel inserts".....Why are these required? Why can't led's be installed instead of these Gel inserts?

Those white plastics have two parts. The white ring screwed to the wood and a pinch socket you squeeze to release the tabs to remove the socket. Very easy to do.

Will snap a pic for you.

#9947 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh man! Thanks!!!! I really appreciate that!
What about the gel inserts for the fuel gauge? Do I really need those or can I just install leds?

I used coloured LEDs (my machine is the original pro non-led version)
Here's the pic of the rings standard and how to squeeze and remove.

Be gentle at first, as if you squeeze too hard you can break the tabs

IMG_20170226_145100 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145100 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170226_145002 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145002 (resized).jpg

#9948 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Added a subwoofer today and wow!

I throw all my Stern's on subs.

Use a polk psw-10 or psw-110 and you can wire two at once

IMG_20170226_145357 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145357 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170226_145117 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145117 (resized).jpg

#9951 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, all mine have subs too, but I think Metallica sounds the best out of any others.

Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, all mine have subs too, but I think Metallica sounds the best out of any others.

You don't own an iron man or Tron. Those would change your opinion.

Met is great, but Tron is a great soundtrack and I'm is all gun shots and explosions.

#9955 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks!!! I assume I can also just unscrew the whole thing? Thanks again!

You can, but it's not necessary. You'll also still likely need to separate the two even if unscrewed as they will be more inset.

#9956 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Aren't SPIKE games stereo? MET is mono. The quality on my KISS sounds a lot better than my MET (I have external subs on both).

Sub runs just bass tones, and adds rumble to the game. Stereo or mono won't make a difference in this case.

The stereo vs mono argument would be on upgraded speakers up top.

#9964 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great info! Are most of the GI 555? Need to place an order but would rather not undo each light to check...Thanks!

No need to undo anything. You can use the manual, or just look at them. Any squeeze sockets are wedge base and socket base looks totally different from underneath.

#10034 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Anyone make a custom toppers for their Met?! Thinking of coming up with something..

What are you thinking

#10037 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also wanna hydro dip them skulls!!

Whatever you do, don't dip your junk in them. They look unforgiving.

4 weeks later
#10438 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I hooked up a Stern shaker kit to my Metallica LED Pro tonight and have the following parts left over that don't seem like they're needed on these? The shaker's working but I just wanted to check to make sure I didn't miss something.

You should be fine, but keep these around just in case.

The way the shaker is hooked up right now, there is a possibility that electrical 'noise' can trigger unwanted responses. The most common being 'flipper twitch's or 'jitter'.

If this becomes a problem, you use this harness to run the connection up to the board in the head.

1 month later
#10694 6 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Quick tech question for you guys - My Sparky magnet has suddenly stopped responding. When this happened to my Well and prison magnets on TWD it was a blown fuse that I could visibly identify as such, but when I checked the Metallica fuses they all looked OK. Anybody have any experience with this or ideas what the problem might be/which fuse I should try replacing?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Looks can be deceiving. Make sure to pull each fuse and test properly (make sure game is off!!)

Sometimes a blown fuse can be visually perfect.

1 week later
#10729 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hi Everyone,
My Metallica LED Insert Mod is available again! You can order them here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinMods

» YouTube video

Have this mod and have to say its awesome!

#10748 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is this mod extra lights under the inserts? Can't you just change the white bulbs to color LED's bulbs for the same effect? Or is this much brighter than that? I watched the video but must of missed it

Here's a comparison of mine with coloured bulbs and then with Hanks mod. You can see how much more full the colour is with the mod in.

IMG_20160703_120201 (resized).jpgIMG_20160703_120201 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160703_123719 (resized).jpgIMG_20160703_123719 (resized).jpg

#10749 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Nice looking mod but wouldn't you have to change all the other inserts that are associated with each icon ie. all the cross inserts etc. That way they are color coordinated and easier to spot while the ball is zinging around? Also the snake insert could possibly be changed to orange seeing the smaller inserts around the playfield light up orange

My met is fully customized and color coded

Here's a full shot of the playfield when lit.

IMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpg

#10753 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

now that's what I'm talking about...nice

I color coordinated a lot of my games.

Here's my high roller casino I brought back to life. (Not a great pic, glass is on, and I have changed the cards at the drop targets to brighter white since this was taken)

IMG_20161018_214558 (resized).jpgIMG_20161018_214558 (resized).jpg

#10754 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Why are you guys washing out the whole bottom portion of the playfield with green?

Different strokes for different folks. It isnt so bad in person, the picture pulls a lot of color out.

#10755 6 years ago

Got my met put back together...

Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing green metallic. Decided I didn't want to go purple.

Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

IMG_20170512_203548 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_203548 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_204638 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204638 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_203531 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_203531 (resized).jpg

#10759 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

it is a nice green and makes your game unique compared to the traditional purple mod. I'm sure it looks better in real life

Camera doesn't capture it at all. As you can tell each of the pictures is totally different shades.

I love it and everyone who's seen it says it's perfect.

#10760 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I have one of the original pinball refinery pins#2 to be exact with purple but that green looks bad ass and unique. Congrats

I like the purple on met, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to be different.

#10763 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that does look good. Why no lolly pop rails?

Just used factory. Didn't need to upgrade

#10766 6 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Looks great. I wonder if matching green T-moulding would help pull it all together? The backbox looks slightly out of place with the chrome...IMO. Would be curious to see it just to compare.

Was thinking of changing it out. Just haven't had a chance.

Not sure if I go green or just black. If the gree. Is wrong, it will just clash

#10768 6 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

You should try removing the chrome, skuff it up, paint it with a similar Green and see what it looks like. You can easily get more Chrome T-molding if you choose to go back. You could always paint it flat black if you don't like the green to see if it looks better like that as well.

Didn't even think of that.

Well see if time permits it

1 week later
#10834 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Joined the club

Quoted from j_m_:

congrats and welcome to the club!

Send in your details for the free baconator asap. I hear that promo is ending soon...

See Post #7402: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/149#post-3224997

#10836 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not a good way to start the day..just exploded when I was pulling it off, must have just enough flex to explode it. Quite a show actually, never had it happen before. Luckily all the glass exploded when it was 3/4 off so most went on the floor. I guess it's a good excuse to buy a sheet of invisiglass

Call Stern and demand replacement.

Just kidding, but good luck cleaning up. You'll be finding pebbles for the next eleventy months.

1 month later
#11106 6 years ago

My metallica pro is a 45% launch issue. hits something just after leaving the lane, causing it to not make the orbit and dribble back down the playfield.

Noticed this also on a buddies MOPLE but not as often.

1 week later
#11220 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I have to agree with you. Melissa at Cointaker, went far above and beyond with my last purchase. Never had such good customer service.

Melissa has always been great to me as well. Can't say anything but major praise to her and Chris.

1 week later
#11281 6 years ago

Steve is in west michigan

2 weeks later
#11400 6 years ago

Ive got a few red tremors in my various sterns....

LOVE the free massage.

#11410 6 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I'm in! Pro #265684 just got delivered courtesy of JJ @GameExchange

JJ is good peeps

#11443 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Anyone have the spinner mod on their pro? Trying to figure out if it's worth the 100 bucks or so...

I have it. Great satisfaction to hit them, however they are tied into picks so it isnt a standalone scoring target.

1 month later
#11651 6 years ago

I have an original with fangs. One fang broke many moons ago.... It gives him character. I never tried to fix it.

#11655 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW that's a good one. I wonder why they didn't us it.

Probably because the broken fangs issue was seen on many machines and it would just add to Stern's quality record.

1 year later
#14426 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Pinblade ID Help Sought:
On the hunt for worthwhile MET Pinblades that are an alternative to the ubiquitous Creeping Death design.
I found this clip on YouTube and the pinblades look promising. Any chance any of you know where I can get them? I would reach out to the OP, but YouTube doesn't really allow direct PM'ing. Only comments.

My initial thought was that the above pinblades are these...
ebay.com link » Metallica Pinball Cabinet Decal Mod
But now I'm fairly sure they're different.
Thanks!

Thise are the flame blades from pin graffix. It was used on acdc and Metallica. Joe raptor made both flames on blue and flames on black to be used in many applications.

Here's a pic of the blue on the speaker panel (best to contact Joe as I can't find a link to the blades, but I'm sure he can do it for you): https://www.pingraffix.com/customer-gallery?lightbox=dataItem-ioxylahg

The black/red used on acdc: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-flames

#14429 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks a bunch, Meegis, for your help. You are sharp!
I've now written to Joe and hope to hear from him soon. I s'pose he can print off whatever design of his he cares to if there is demand.

Just a heads up that he is at expo, so don't be surprised if he doesnt respond so promptly.

2 weeks later
#14635 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a nice LE today, so I guess I'm in the club!
A couple of minor things I've noticed. The snake inconsistently ejects the ball and seems like a lot of straight down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Also the very first grave marker Target doesn't seem to respond to a lot of hits. Almost have to hit it perfectly. Is that just a simple leaf switch adjustment?
Thanks

The first drop is often a ledge issue. Might need spacing, or adjustment. I had to replace mine when I had my pro as it slowly wore down over time and was having similar issues.

#14669 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Washers? Where?

I tried calling you
This is what I'm talking about with spacing the ledge

Give me a ring

#14677 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Shit, was playing a quick game tonight, and was holding the ball on the flipper for probably a couple of minutes (talking to wife), when it froze in the upright position and then completely stopped working.
Assuming I just burned a fuse? I haven't even opened the manual, so I'm just being lazy, but figured I'd save myself some digging around by posting this.
I always thought the flippers could hold for longer, but guessing just learned something new!

Could be a simple fuse, could also be up in the head.

I once had the same issue on my Tron, and it actually blew the diode and/or mosfet (don't remember right now). You may have to check a couple things. Not sure if it's the same but sounds exactly like what happened to me.

#14679 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

My ac/dc did this and it was the inline fuse near the flipper coil on the underside of the playfield. Once I replaced that the flipper would stay engaged on power up. I had to replace a transistor on the main board. I hope yours is just a fuse but thought I would post this incase you encounter a similar situation.

This

#14716 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have the cross as blue on my premium because it syncs with the blue RGB. I also changed the cross flashers (not the cross itself) to blue. I made the chair purple as well as the 2 flashers under the chair.
Rob

Hank can do custom colours. He did mine custom to how I set my machine and it was fantastic.

Definitely a thumbs up from me for his work!!

3 weeks later
#15074 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?
Man, that is a monster score!
I'm struggling to get 200K!

I need to come by and initial your game

3 weeks later
#15369 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I play in a league, the rules for an Extra ball are 1 flip.
I do not use extra balls at all.
3 balls per game, 5 for EM's
Extra balls are played only by non pinhead guests.

I will come to your house and play ALL my extra balls....

Consider that a promise

#15371 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

OK you changed my mind, I’m playing my extra balls from now on

Not if I play them first.

#15441 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Not sure if it's the same problem my game had when I got it from the previous owner, but the coil bracket had shifted a bit making it difficult for the post to pop up.
I unscrewed it from the bottom of the pf, took the coil sleeve out to give it a cleaning, and then reassembled and manually popped it up to ensure it was smoothly passing through the hole.
Have had no issues since.
Now just have to figure out what the first grave marker drops down as soon as a game/ball is started. Once the mech fires that markers up, the first one almost always drops.
I replaced the spring with the same part number, but no difference.
I have the replacement marker kit from PBL, so figure if I can't get the old marker to work, maybe replacing it could do the trip.
Any thoughts?

Time for the washer trick.

Might be a good reason for me to come out there

3 weeks later
#15564 5 years ago

Nice lineup of le's

#15582 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Seriously though - why does the ball bounce out of those left inlanes straight into the left outlane so frequently!!?
My last Pro LED did it, but this (slightly newer) Premium is even worse!!!
As soon as the ball goes anywhere beyond the top of the left slingshot it's all hands on deck to stop the ball doing some weird levitation trick and jumping over to the left outlane... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Borg.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.