51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12266 6 years ago

Ho, ho, ho... here's a holiday freebie.
I wasn't happy with the uneven lighting of the four lights (cross, electric chair switch, coffin, and snake) down by the flippers. So I designed a light holder for all four lights that centers them on their inserts so you get even illumination.

Met_4-lights-model (resized).jpgMet_4-lights-model (resized).jpg

I left off the holes on the mounting tabs because it appears that Stern was not very precise/consistent about where they screwed in the 4 light mounts. So I leave it up to you to drill the bracket where you want them. I was able to use one of the existing screw holes on my playfield (and carefully tapped a new hole for the other side). Also, to make printing easier, the mounting tabs are thicker than the originals, so you'll have to use screws that are ~1/4" longer.
Just remove the four old light mounts that are haphazardly screwed in, and replace with the new one-piece holder. Clip your lights in and you're done.
Here's a pic of the old mounts and the new printed replacement:

Met_4-lights-printed (resized).jpgMet_4-lights-printed (resized).jpg

You can download the STL file from my site if you'd like to print your own: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/Met_4-lights.7z

I've printed up an extra one. First person to reply here can have it for free. I pay shipping.

Edit: Someone asked to see what the inserts look like with the new light holder. So here's a pic of what mine currently looks like. I just used what I had on hand for colored LEDs (the white I used under the cross is a bit brighter than the others, but I think it still looks OK in person so I doubt I'll bother to change it).

Met_insert-lights (resized).jpgMet_insert-lights (resized).jpg

#12268 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I will take.it

Send me your address and I'll get it mailed out.

#12272 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do I create one of these with just a print? What material are you using to make the mount and where do you get it? Good idea, thanks!

I use a 3D printer (fused filament fabrication) with ABS plastic. A print of this size takes about 2 hours (including heat-up and cool-down).

#12275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Over my head. Do you plan on making more and selling some?

Sure, I can make one for you. Send me a PM.

#12278 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Import as mm or inches? I assume mm after trying...

Yes, units are mm.

#12284 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

thanks for the file, looks like site may be down for a bit, maybe too many people downloading file.

Not sure if it was down, but my site is up now. If you have any trouble just let me know and I'll email the file to you directly.

4 weeks later
#12470 6 years ago

More freebies coming soon.... Can you guess what these are?

Met-slingprots (resized).pngMet-slingprots (resized).png

#12472 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Slingshot protectors?

Bingo!
Printing them out now in transparent filament. I'll take pictures of them installed and lit up when ready.

#12485 6 years ago

OK, got the slingshot plastic protectors finished up. Had to make a some corrections... I'd made a couple stupid drafting errors. Anyway, here they are installed:

Met-protectors-installed (resized).jpgMet-protectors-installed (resized).jpg

protector-left-installed (resized).jpgprotector-left-installed (resized).jpg

They spread the light nicely and give a cool edge glow. Looks pretty classy.
Here's what they look like just off the printer:

Met-protectors (resized).jpgMet-protectors (resized).jpg

And here's one lit up, before putting the sling plastic on top:

justprotector-lit (resized).jpgjustprotector-lit (resized).jpg

You can download the STL files from my site if you'd like to print your own: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/Met_slingprotectors.7z
There are separate STL files for each side. I print them one at a time to keep the prints cleaner (I'm guessing you probably don't need to do that with high-end printers). The protectors are 2mm thick. If you prefer them thicker/thinner, just scale the Z. For FFF printer settings, I use the maximum infill (so they're as solid as possible), 0.2mm layer height, and "thick shells" (which creates an extra run around the perimeter). The material I'm using is transparent ABS. You could use nylon, PETG, PLA... whatever floats your boat. And, of course, you could print them in whatever color you like. Personally, I don't like altering artwork colors, so I stick with clear. When they're done, I like to sand the edge a bit to make them perfectly smooth and even.

What? Don't have your own 3D printer yet? I can crank out a few of these for folks that want them. Hit me up with a PM. Let's say $20 shipped (in the US). Offer valid until I run out of clear filament, get tired of making them, or the printer breaks down (which happens all too often!).

Tip jar: https://www.paypal.me/scoresaves

2 weeks later
#12596 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Finally got off my lazy butt and relocated my spot lights. Moved from slings to the plastics right in front of the outline post in existing holes. I like it a lot better and now I don't have the spot lights getting loose all the time.

I think this is a great idea. I'm going to follow your example. Thanks!

1 week later
#12682 6 years ago

I have the stock protector, and I’ve never seen an airball off Sparky....

1 week later
#12825 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's not a mater of the leds being lit it's a matter of the pf lighting up the off leds with pf reflected light, the leds are actually a frosted white color when off and they reflect the pf lights. Put a Bent Plastic guard on your led game and you'll see what I mean. I have one on my T3 with an led display and 3/4 of the display is truly black while the top 1/4 where the Bent Plastic doesn't block the lit pf is a gray color. I have Met with an lcd right next to T3 and Met is nice and black compared to T3 with no Bent Plastic on it. The games are right next to each other so it's easy to compare.

Easy fix... install one of these: http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1892.htm

3 weeks later
#13018 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wow! Stern let them sell the Monsters translite...I see many switching soon! Glad you found what you wanted.

I don’t. Not a fan of the “monsters”. Rather have the Pro translite. Now, if you can find someone selling Master of Puppets....

1 week later
#13113 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve had Met quite a while, but this is getting old. Every 50 games or so I have to take off the glass and repoint and tighten the left spot. Is there a good fix?

See this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/252#post-4233083

I did the same. It looks much better, and you never have to mess with that spot again!

#13117 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is it the metal post that's turning or just the spot light? If it's just the spot light I just put a small split lock washer on the screw and tightened the nut back down. Rock solid and took all of 5 minutes.

It's the hex post that moves. You can't crank it down because you'll break the slingshot plastic. Same thing happens on my AC/DC. Drives me crazy.

#13163 6 years ago

I'm now making the CIU 4-light panels with mounting slots (so you don't have to drill them):

Met-CIU-light-bracket (resized).pngMet-CIU-light-bracket (resized).png

(see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/246#post-4145512 for the original post)
Price is still just $15 shipped.

#13164 6 years ago

OK, final version. I've thinned the mounting tabs to normal thickness so you can use the original screws. Now installation should take just a couple minutes... remove(unscrew) the 4 individual light holders, screw this light holder in place (re-using 2 screws, hopefully in the existing holes), and pop your lights in.

Met-CIU-4light (resized).jpgMet-CIU-4light (resized).jpg

3 months later
#13825 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just installed the spinners made by Robert Campbell from Hooked on Pinball. Must say, the quality of his product is excellent. I used a Dremel cutter then sander to modify the plastics. Came out clean and smooth (thank goodness, whew). Wires connect the spinners through the pf to hook up to the guitar pic stand-up's under the pf...so when the spinners are spinnin', it sounds like Lars doing the double bass. It's badass!! ...Waiting on my Flipper Fidelity speakers to arrive, then bring on that bass!!!

So the spinners now award the pick shots? I don't think I like that....

3 weeks later
#13980 5 years ago

I believe you can only bypass the Sparky animation with a double-flip if the magnet doesn't catch the ball and a playfield switch is triggered.

1 month later
#14209 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

OK, final version. I've thinned the mounting tabs to normal thickness so you can use the original screws. Now installation should take just a couple minutes... remove(unscrew) the 4 individual light holders, screw this light holder in place (re-using 2 screws, hopefully in the existing holes), and pop your lights in.
[quoted image]

Used up the rest of my white filament, and posted them for sale: https://goo.gl/FbZsZJ

4 weeks later
#14440 5 years ago

Look at post #17 and #18, about the gap tool. Binding often happens due to people not setting that gap properly. If it's too tight then it will bind once things warm up and expand.

#14454 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Editing DMD Image for Song Selection with Pinball Browser **
Okay, so I have a few song substitutions on my game via Pinball Browser.
Will it be a bear to change the corresponding image seen in the DMD?
For example, I took out "One." (Forgive me.) Naturally, seeing "One" is less helpful, as the song track has changed.
I would like the song I added in its place to appear on the display. Will it be necessary to create the boombox-style banner in Photoshop or something? That sounds like *way* too much work. Is there a chance the song title banners seen on the DMD can be edited in the Service Menus? That would be on-so-much easier.
If I *do* have to create the substitute banner myself, has any one of you out there created this banner already and, if you have, would you share it with me?
Thanks for reading my long'ish post.

The song names displayed are just text strings that can be changed with Pinball Browser. Very simple to do.

#14457 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm in Pinball Browser now.
Not seeing "text strings."
Do I find them in "Display"? In "Messages"?
The best I was able to do was find the boombox banner in Display but its "screen" is blank.
Thanks for your reply, but a little more direction would be much appreciated.
J

Sorry, I don’t have it in front of me... but I think there is a Messages tab where you can search for and modify strings.

2 weeks later
#14703 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? There are a lot of transistors to pick from that all reference the same replacement part 22NE10L.
Which one of these should I use:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=22NE10L

The IRL540 is fine. A bit steep at Marco.... You can get them for $1 or less in quantity.

#14705 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

IRL540 or IRL540N?

I don’t think it matters for this application.

P.S. Don’t buy any transistors from China sources....

#14728 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have the cross as blue on my premium because it syncs with the blue RGB. I also changed the cross flashers (not the cross itself) to blue. I made the chair purple as well as the 2 flashers under the chair.
Rob

With this you can use whatever LED color you want:

https://goo.gl/FbZsZJ

Auction is for US sales. Contact me with your address for international.

3 weeks later
#15025 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Has the score balancing in 1.80 made it easier or harder to get high scores?
I feel like the main objectives have become easier but the score itself is lower in my games than normal.
That or I just suck haha!

I feel the average score has gone up. But I haven't played it enough yet to attain my previous high scores.
I think Lyman has done a nice job of balancing. And he fixed a couple bugs that always annoyed me... so I'm very happy!
I'm praying he can throw out another quick update on AC/DC to make that perfect. Oi!

1 week later
#15173 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a dumb question.
I've never changed a plunger rubber before.
Should it just slip off with some force or is there a trick? I tried to pull it off(I even tried some pliers briefly. I dont want to force it if I am mistaken. It's certainly on there good and snug.
(Its not mushroomed or anything. It's only half a year old. I have a purple titan to put on instead

If you can’t pull it off, just cut it length-wise with a razor.

2 weeks later
#15410 5 years ago

I have a couple CIU light bracket "seconds" I'd like to get rid of. One is the old style with the thick mounting tabs (so it requires longer screws), and the other has oversized mounting slots (so it will likely need washers on the screws). Otherwise the same as the ones I sell on eBay. $13 shipped each. PM with your preference.
CIU-brackets_2nds (resized).jpgCIU-brackets_2nds (resized).jpg

1 month later
#15787 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I thought a MET owner may like this. PM me if interested.

Mod - For Sale
Metallica metal sign modNew!New “- Very high quality metal METALLICA sign mod
- This is thick. It’s not a cheap, thin piece of metal. Super tough looking!!
- Comes with detailed mounting instructions and necessa...”
23 hours ago Howell, MI 24 (Firm)
Jimmyhonda

Why wouldn’t they just buy the belt buckle off of eBay for $14 shipped?

#15818 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I pulled mine off and have had maybe 4 balls pop out of the track in the 4 years ive owned Met.. Id take it off and test. I have no intention of putting it back on.

I took mine off several months ago, and I’ve had the ball pop off once with a crazy fast shot up the ramp.... IIRC, it ended up in the shooter lane. So no big deal.
Snake protector? That seems like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist....

#15820 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The snake protector is standard on every Met I've ever seen.

But is it really needed? That is his question. If it was interfering with operation, I’d just remove it.

1 week later
#15899 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Must be normal then i would think.

Mine doesn’t do that. I have an original run Pro.

#15903 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe it does but your dmd turns off immediately. Mine is on for a good 10 seconds on power down

His makes the beeping sound as well.... I don’t get that.

1 week later
#15961 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings again,
For those of you that replaced your diverter post to the metal one, have you noticed any new issues, specifically related to your pinballs?
When I was inspecting my pinballs today, after just about a week with the metal diverter and probably about 70 plays, one of my balls has dimples all over it and is starting to resemble a golf ball, ok not THAT BAD, but can only imagine it will get worse. I am using non-chrome and standard carbon balls from ballbarron as I tried the chromes and just after 60 plays they already started sticking together and became magnetized.
So I guess my main question is, will these dimples on the balls cause any issues, like more playfield wear due to the bumpier rolls (I know sounded weird typing it, not sure how else to word it)?
I can only assume it is from continuous contact with that metal post.
Thanks for all the help.

Dimpled balls indicates that they were not properly hardened. Replace them. Try some from another source.

#15968 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Last question, until I get replacements, week or so, is it ok to use the ones I have or will they cause damage or anything? Only ones I have are other chrome ones?

They should be fine. I just wouldn’t leave them in long term. I take my balls out every few months and polish them in a Berry vibratory tumbler. If I find any balls with nicks or dimples, they get tossed.

1 week later
#16002 5 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

3. Best magnet protector? Mylar, carbon fiber, metal cliffy?

My opinion is "none". I don't think it's necessary if the magnet height is properly adjusted and this is a home machine that is properly cared for (waxed and balls polished and replaced as needed). If you insist on putting something down, go with mylar.

3 weeks later
#16107 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone try claiming a broken Sparky foot under warranty? My MET is less than a year old with around 500 plays on it. Kinda disappointed to see him missing a foot already. Not thrilled about dropping $200 on a new Sparky less than a year in.

A little epoxy and that’ll be better than new.

1 month later
#16304 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do your speakers work? If so, then they are wired right. Manual may be wrong.

They will work either way.

If you are replacing the stock speakers (and you should), buy 4 Ohm speakers, wire them in series (like the diagram), but remove that cap. I then replace the cabinet speaker with a real subwoofer (preferably with a crossover to remove the high frequencies). Some like to add an amp for the woofer, but if you pick one with a high enough sensitivity (~90dB) then you really don't need it. The stock amp will provide plenty of thump when you crank it up.

#16306 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? I left the cap in and they work fine with aftermarket speakers.

It’s not needed (or desirable) if you used good full-range speakers. The cap acts as a simple crossover (to help the crappy speakers), and also changes the effective impedance. Remove it (you can just shunt it out) and you should notice more volume.

#16311 4 years ago

Regarding Charles’ speaker wiring, that is what I saw on my Metallica as well (they had the polarity wrong). I corrected this when I put new speakers in.

#16339 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do the music and callouts in MET come from a good quality digital source? At least on older pins, there is only so much a speaker and amp upgrade can do because the source signal quality sucks.

The music is limited to 24kHz mono... so there's only so much you can do. Throwing a bunch of hi-fi equipment in there is a waste. Spend ~$20 on a pair of decent backbox speakers, and toss a subwoofer in the cabinet and you'll have a rockin' pinball. Just don't expect it to compete with a typical stereo system. It's a pinball machine.
A good source for cheap subwoofers is craigslist. Yesterday I picked up a Cambridge Soundworks sub with two 8" drivers in it for $20! One of those is going into my Iron Maiden....

#16341 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What do you consider decent. I already have an external sub.

For backbox speakers, I've used these a couple times:

https://www.amazon.com/Car-Sound-Speaker-Pair-Non-fatiguing/dp/B000230LBI

Last time I bought them they were on sale for $14 a pair, but now they're up to $22. Still a good deal. I see these are the speakers PinWoofer is using.
Recently I tried these, which are only $13:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR5W53V

So far they seem to perform just as good as the Pyles, and I prefer the black look.

#16349 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I beg to differ, I have found adding different speakers and an amp helps even many of the older games like MET. 24khz sample rate is not terrible by any measure, and on music pins like MET, AS, IMDN and others, upgrading the speakers and installing an amp for them absolutely makes a difference.

Who said it doesn't make a difference? I upgrade the speakers in all my music pins, and they sound great. Huge improvement. Everyone who comes over to play is impressed. All I'm saying is that you don't have to break the bank to do it.

4 weeks later
#16447 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

2 people out of thousands with no proof.
I believe this exists about as much as I believe bigfoot does.
Show some proof and i will eat crow

bf (resized).jpgbf (resized).jpg

#16460 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Yes, I'm agreeing I'm a liar. No further need to examine this topic. Carry on pinside.

Strange that you would agree with something that was never stated. Nobody called you a liar. Possibly confused... maybe wrong... but not a liar. Why would someone lie about something like that? That person would have to be pretty messed in the head....

#16470 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Can anyone tell me if these are the original speakers that came stock on the machine?

They are not.

2 months later
#16718 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Anything is better than Lyman's signature. That man is a legend but he signs his name like hes signing a grade 8 year book lol.

I like Lyman's.... I can actually read it.

4 months later
#17220 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I don't own a Metallica yet, but it's my understanding that the Pro has lights you can change (555 type) but the Prem/LE has PCB led boards. It looks like you have a Pro, so you should just swap out bulbs with colored ones. I would also order this bracket to better position the lights...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02305-metallica-crank-it-up-light-bracket

That looks like a poor imitation of my light bracket (posted in this thread). First person to respond gets a free bracket.

#17222 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I need a bracket.

It’s yours! PM me your address.

#17243 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just read somewhere that Stern wont semd out anymore parts now. You have to go thru your distributor and they will send the part there and then the distributor will send it to you. So dumb

Dumb is having a distributor that doesn't do anything....

2 months later
#17501 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Replace with newer head and the fangs are an add on.
https://mezelmods.com/products/fangs

You could... but the original fangs look better (IMO). I think I’d try my best to fix the original head.

#17504 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The problem with the originals was the fangs broke easily. I saw many a one fanged snake back in the early days of Met.

I've heard that, but I haven't seen one (maybe there's a pic somewhere in this thread?). I have an original Metallica with a lot of plays on it. Fangs are still healthy.

#17506 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You have a Pro with the original fangs? Does your game have a "built date" stamped on the back (or on a label?). I know they started shipping pros in May of '13 with the fangs, but by June, the fangs were being cut off at the factory. I don't think any METLEs shipped with fangs. Not sure about Premiums.

Yes, Pro. Built May 14, 2013. You guys have me worried my snake is going to need dental work.

4 months later
#17741 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Question on Sparky Multiball: There have been times if you press both flippers at the same time, you eliminate sparky from going through his routine and shaking. Is there a reason that I can't seem to do this every time I play the game? It is pretty cool, but would rather just skip it during play.

Flippers won't cancel the Sparky routine. What's likely happening is that the flipper action is sometimes triggering some other playfield switch. Any switch closure will cancel the Sparky execution. If you install an external volume control, that switch will also cancel the routine.

2 months later
#17929 3 years ago

I've always cleaned/lubed shooter rods with a silicone spray like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/CRC-Heavy-Duty-Silicone-Lubricant-11-Wt-Oz/16817419
If it looks particularly nasty when I get a game, I'll take the rod out and polish it first (metal polish on a rag, spin it with a drill).

Problems getting a good manual launch are almost always due to the rod not being centered on the ball. Seen this a lot on newer Stern machines... right out of the box. Seems their assembly needs a little better QC. Moving the shooter housing is not always easy either.

1 month later
#18002 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Very interesting. I looked at my game and that hole is not even there.

Same here. No hole, and no graphics to indicate a hole there. Mine is a first-run Pro.

3 weeks later
#18084 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I really like the look of the dmd vs lcd type of look. Sounds like the lcd version gives you that option? I've read that the LCD version is much bigger so it's not as plug and play. ? I had one in my GnR but I didn't install it. It was very big. I guess I'm trying to justify the extra $40 for features that I don't think I'd use.

I like the LED version because it's cleaner, and I prefer the look of dots. I say try the LED. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

#18087 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I just bought the led version. $418 shipped
Ouch

Why so much? Did you choose overnight shipping?!?!

#18089 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

tell me about it
$369
$28 ish in tax
$17 for shipping (should be $8 in california, but whatever)

Ah, OK. I live in tax-free NH, so I never think of that.

3 weeks later
#18206 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Hey friends. I’m having an issue where the back 2 inline cross targets are resetting and dropping down immediately upon start up. I read a thread that fixed the issue with added washers to push the drop target lip over more to grasp it.
Does anyone know the size washer needed for this fix?
Thanks

I had that problem after I replaced the targets with new ones (I had one break). Turned out the new targets were slightly warped. Heated them up with heat gun and bent them a bit so that the lips caught properly when reset. Worked perfectly after that.

3 months later
#18635 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

That helps it stay up? I believe I am dealing more with an issue of the drop target resting a bit too far back so it only just grabs the ledge. So a bump elsewhere on the machine can drop it. I was thinking it may be the washer deal to push it forward more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/365#post-6129049

1 week later
#18698 2 years ago

Yikes.... Those slings are not going to last long.

2 months later
#19047 2 years ago

One of them is a shaker filter board: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-6934-00
Not sure what the other two are, but they have Stern part numbers on them.

4 months later
#19456 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

The mod is interactive and hooks up to the Sparky Spotlight Flasher. If you play with the lights off, you can see it very well, but with normal lighting a bit harder.
[quoted image]

I'm not a fan of that dual-color version. Much prefer a single EL wire to the helmet. Looks better, and makes more sense (for an actual electrocution helmet).

#19460 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Found this from Pinball Decals, Inc ... pretty spendy and not much info about it
[quoted image]

Yikes! What a rip. Same place sells a Metallica belt buckle that you can find for $10 as a "custom sign" for $75.

3 weeks later
#19550 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Maybe one of these ?

No, I would use the ones that just have forward elements.

4 months later
#20112 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm not sure. The machine came with it missing which makes me think this was happening before I got it. I have been using ones from my Iron Maiden set. I thought these posts and rubbers would be standard sizes especially on stern games.

There are a couple different mini-post rubber sizes; 3/8" OD and 7/16" OD. One of them (maybe the 7/16?) has a smaller ID and fits tighter on the post. You could also try the polyurethane versions (e.g. "Super-Bands"), as they seem to fit tightly and are very durable.

1 month later
#20245 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The speaker panel also had square speaker holes and the Metallica “M” on the speaker grills.

Stock speaker grills are plain.

2 months later
#20429 1 year ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hey Met Owners ! Was Wondering What Everyone Does to Keep Sparky’s Shoes Looking Good. They really Take A Beatin Over Time . Mine Are Just Now Starting To Show Marks . Can You Repaint Them Without The Paint Chipping Off ? I Read Somewhere That People Applied Mylar Over The Front Of The Shoes To Protect Them, Just Curious What Anyone Does ,,,

I take pride in beating the shit out of Sparky.... Why do you think that punk deserves a shoe shine?

5 months later
#20817 1 year ago

Metallica Club - JACK-FUCKING-POT!!!

5 months later
#21182 7 months ago

Oh no... the bash toy is getting bashed! Maybe we should print him a skirt too....

#21187 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah when those feet break off you will sing a different tune trying to buy a replacement, if you can even find one.
Rob

I would not buy a replacement. Broken feet can be fixed. Stronger than original. I'm a master with epoxy!
Don't throw your crippled Sparky away... I'll happily take him and give him a new life.

#21223 6 months ago
Quoted from Cathaldub:

I just picked up a Metallica Pro and looking to install a pin2dmd, reading through some old 2016/2017 posts it looks like I’ll need to patch the game rom, is that still the case and does it work with version 1.80?
Help appreciated

Someone did a native PIN2DMD colorization (so you don’t need to change the game code). I have no experience with it, so no idea how complete it is or how it compares with the SmartDMD version.

2 weeks later
#21285 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Like to see a pic of the Hendrix poster. My ultimate pin dream,,,

https://dirtydonnystore.com/cdn/shop/products/hendrix1_900x.jpg

2 months later
#21459 4 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I bet that’s it. The main lanes were flashing and yeah, I’d hit it and then he started counting down without direction of which shot is timing out. I bet you’re right though. I’ll try that. Thanks. Now, how to figure out how to even begin the 4 horsemen mode

Blackened is started by collecting all 4 band members by hitting the 4 pick targets. 10 pick target completions.

2 weeks later
#21520 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Are they integrated into the code on the Pro? Never quite understood how adding them worked on the Pro re. Rules Integration.

No, not at all. People usually hook them up to the pick target switches so they get sounds when they spin. That of course screws with the regular rules, making some things easier (e.g. add-a-ball in multiball, progress to Blackened). Personally, I would only want them if they had their own independent reward. Being connected to the picks, a good rip to the spinners is meaningless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=mattosborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.