51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#773 9 years ago

There may be future updates but acdc code is fantastic and the game is definitely not incomplete. Whether or not the designer added some inserts to the play field that the code team use or not isn't relevant. The acdc code is some of the best code ever written for a pinball machine in my opinion (along with metallica). I consider the code done. Future updates are just a bonus. I believe anyone that feels acdc "needs" a code update falls into the impossible-to-please category.

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just scored a METLE from a friend of mine and was wondering if anyone has done FF speakers on their MET? I have a 10" FF kit that I bought for IM but never installed it.. Does anyone know if that kit will fit on my METLE?

Yes it will.

2 years later
#7590 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also installed some neon green plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes, but I'm not sure if I like them. They look cool, but they drastically change the colors on the plastics.

This is what our TruColor protectors solve. You get the edges without color bombing the plastics. http://pinballbulbs.com/true-color-protectors

#7629 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It's always bothered me that a decent remaster/re-recording has never been done of the earlier albums (except ride the lightning). In the meantime, I found some covers by bands that I like, perhaps you will like them too.

Id love to see a re-recording of Justice for All with an actual bass player and elimination of the horrible resonance tones. There's just no way to make that album sound good on a mid-range to good system.

#7661 7 years ago

So will this update wipe out the serial number? Every time I do anything on colorDMD I always end up being down waiting on a key. The DRM is super annoying. But I guess it serves its purpose - piss off the paying customers. I'll probably just live with a few orange frames to avoid the potential DRM gotcha here.

#7668 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think only the first run or two of colordmd require a key. I remember having to do that on afm, the first game to get it, but not on any since then.

Wish that were true but it's not. Had a key issue a couple weeks ago when programming my brand new Spider-Man. Gets me every time. If there is ever a commercial competing product that doesn't require keys I'll jump to those instead.

#7671 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Mark, please stop posting misinformation. Updating to the new Metallica ROM does not affect the product key.
Spider-Man is a published exception and if you had followed the directions for updating that were connected to the link there would have been zero down time.
When you ran into a problem we responded directly to assist you.

It's not misinformation. I never said that updating this will cause a key problem. I asked if it would. I said that every time I ever do anything I'm stuck with no key and having down time. I said I'm personally scared to update because every time I make any changes in emailing you for a key. There is no misinformation.

Yes you respond to emails quickly - usually within a few hours. Your service is good. But I'm still stuck having to go do something else waiting for a key. If that machine was on route Id have to make a separate trip.

I hate DRM in general. But yours seems to inconvenience paying customers - well at least me. That's the trade off you have made by choosing such a DRM design. This type of discussion is the downside.

Im not just a troll here. I have 14 colordmds and I bet I've bought over 30 in the last few years so I am a heavy customer of the product. I have been needing a key at least 5 times. Each time it is an extreme bummer. Once the button that toggled the key entry would intermittently double press and it became a huge task to enter the key. It took about an hour. As a paying customer, I find it irritating to have to jump through those hoops. So as long as the DRM process continues to inconvenience me, a heavy purchasing customer, I'll be complaining about it.

It wouldn't be terribly difficult to solve this problem either. A back end web server could easily issue (up to) 1 or 2 keys per serial number on the spot without having to manually wait for an email response. That would help lessen the inconvenience on paying customers significantly as they could get the key right away and not have to come back later. Something similar to this would take maybe up to one day of effort for a decent web developer depending on the algorithm used to generate keys. As I said before, I might be interested in helping with this if you wanted. Anyways, we will be at CAX this weekend. Stop by our booth if you want to chat

#7678 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Or just look at your key before you do any update and write it down. Then if something goes wrong, you can just re-enter it. This would work for any display after they started shipping them with sigma installed. For the early ones, you still need a key, I believe, but you could get that pre-emptively before doing anything with the display.

Thanks. This is a good suggestion for updating Metallica.

#7681 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Edited, the instruction clearly state to write the damn thing down. Your rant against them quite unwarranted!

If that was the only time I was stuck entering a key, I'd agree. Unfortunately it's far from the case. Any DRM that requires emailing someone to use what you've paid for deserves a rant. Everyone should be up in arms. It's sad to live in a world where this type of DRM is accepted

#7812 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Due to the nature of game shipping and vibration, this is an example of why a new owner should inspect and overwatch the series of game checks including all connectors prior to power up after the game is unboxed. This includes inspecting and testing ALL fuses.
Not only might you save yourself troushooting later, you might prevent damage to your new machine.

Nah you don't need to go through all that nonsense. The fact that it's flickering shows there's a problem and even hints at where that may be.

1 week later
#7954 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Just remember swapping all of the rubber out makes very bouncy and you risk breaking your plastics as the ball is so much faster.

Titan rings do not really make that significant of a change to be breaking plastics. The speed difference really isn't that noticeable.

6 months later
#9267 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Many shots up the left orbit hot the plastic post and bounce back down the left orbit, rather than falling down into the pops. The metal post almost eliminates that.

Waiting on pops is super boring. I'd rather disable the post entirely. I'd also much rather have the ball bounce off and return to me than get stuck in pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.