51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maffewl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18653 2 years ago

(Edit: I have received a volunteer. I'll post in this thread when these are ready. Thanks all!)

Hey Metallica owners!

Some of you may be familiar with my mods, and some may not. I typically only make mods for pins that I own/have owned, but am looking to try something new. I'd like to see if I could make unique protectors for Metallica similar to my Deadpool or AC/DC examples (references below). Unfortunately, since I don't own this game, I don't have an accurate shape of the plastics on the machine and need a trace.

My request would be to see if someone in this thread would be willing to take off their in-lane and sling plastics, trace, and send me a scan (it will need to be with an actual scanner, not something like a cell phone photo). I'll send more information via PM if anyone is interested. In return, I'm happy to offer a set of protectors for free to say thanks. Obviously I only need one volunteer if anyone is willing. Please send me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

Deadpool "name" protectors:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110577

AC/DC "horned" protectors:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109491

(PS... since I do not own this game and am not familiar with its common concerns, I'd also be interested in other plastic protector locations/ideas as needed.)

1 week later
#18697 2 years ago

Thought I'd share my progress on the custom Met plastic protectors...

Question for those interested, what is the preferred color? I was thinking purple, but have seen/heard others say orange/fluorescent green/etc. I will need to settle on a single color for these though (transparent of course). They create such a funky shape that I won't be able to lay them out efficiently and will eat up a quite a chunk of material.

Also, huge shout out to finnflash for helping me in this process.

They will still need some stabilizing pieces added, such as on the "C", but you get the idea.

Hope y'all like them!

Metallica Protectors (resized).jpgMetallica Protectors (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18786 2 years ago

Hey everyone! Update on the custom Met plastic protectors.

Really appreciate everyone's comments from previous posts and through PM. I've made the adjustments. Images attached of the final version.

This set shown in the photos will be headed to finnflash at no cost for helping to get these traced and confirmed. Many thanks!

Note: If anyone has a different machine that they think an idea such as this would be good for, please let me know. Or, keep an eye on other club threads as I have a few other machines in mind.

IMG_1527e (resized).jpgIMG_1527e (resized).jpgIMG_1529e (resized).jpgIMG_1529e (resized).jpgIMG_1530e (resized).jpgIMG_1530e (resized).jpgIMG_1533e (resized).jpgIMG_1533e (resized).jpg
#18792 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So what is the cost of these, before shipping? Very interested in a set.

Very much appreciate the interest!

I'm working through that now. With the "hooks" extending out on these, it makes it much more difficult to be efficient with material. Once I figure out the most efficient layout, that will reduce cost. At the moment, it's looking like a full set will be in the $20-ish range.

#18811 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a final update on these as finnflash was kind enough to test fit/finish and send over a few sweet images.

If interested see Market ad below.

Thanks all!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116447

175bfa36e5d12d41e5e8d3cb34a821380f628ef4 (resized).jpg175bfa36e5d12d41e5e8d3cb34a821380f628ef4 (resized).jpg
#18824 2 years ago

Hey everyone. Not looking to over-saturate the thread, but wanted to share something that I got pretty excited about yesterday. I made these while making a few plastic protectors for other club members. These are similar to my Deadpool "Throwing Star Washers". Posting here in case anyone is interested. Thanks all!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116512

IMG_1572 (resized).JPEGIMG_1572 (resized).JPEG
#18848 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The color choice for those seems very odd. I thought that color was just the prototype. Why have a plastic protector that blocks the light? Maybe I'm missing something.

I posted for people’s thoughts on color preference. Transparent purple was the consensus. (I don’t own a Met so I wasn’t sure what would look best).

That said, if interested, I can do pretty much any color including fluorescents but would need several orders to keep the same cost or to charge a bit more as one-offs eat up a good amount of material.

1 month later
#19044 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Has anyone seen those connectors before I can't figure out what they are for and why someone put them on
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a splitter to me. Maybe something that allowed them to plug some other mod in that correlates with that connector signal.

4 months later
#19413 2 years ago

I had to share some of the photos that I just received from @mrtattooz. What an awesome machine he has, and fluorescent green was a perfect choice!

Met Green 1 (resized).jpgMet Green 1 (resized).jpgMet Green 2 (resized).jpgMet Green 2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19461 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved maffewls plastic protectors today, great fit and look. I had his purple ones on for over 200 games, no issues, I just like the look of green better. Thanks, highly recommend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey @hayfarmer, they look amazing! Especially in the black light. And really appreciate the kind words. May want to double check the sling protectors. Looks like they are switched. The one with the circular cutout goes on the right sling to allow for the ball return. Wanted to make sure that didn’t mess with the drop. Thanks again!

1 week later
#19489 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

That is a safety feature that disconnects the higher voltage when the coin door is open to prevent from accidental electrocution. This way by pulling it out you knowingly enable the high voltage again needed to operate the coils. Feature I believe is in most, if not all modern games.

There was a run of Sterns that didn’t have it. My GOT Premium doesn’t have one and I believe the initial runs of DP also didn’t. Not sure if others but know there are some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maffewl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=maffewl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.