Topic Stats

• 16,818 posts
  • 945 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,849 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg
20190912_083330 (resized).jpg
20190912_083321 (resized).jpg
2905F0AD-0501-43A0-BA96-25707AD54169 (resized).jpeg
6C64922E-247F-47D9-9FD4-5F66DE05ADED (resized).jpeg
IMG_2749 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.11.33 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktm450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13261 1 year ago

I will be joining the club at the end of May, I ordered a game on the last container from Sterns current run coming into Australia. I would have loved a premium but there is no secondhand market over here for any Metallica pins other than overpriced LEs. So NIB pro it is, even after I add spinners and total lightshow I will still save over $2000AUD from what we get charged for a premium NIB. As much as the other toys are cool it’s hard to justify spending a further $2k on them anyway.

I just spend 12days scrolling through this entire thread on my iPhone in my spare time taking screenshots of mods and info I’m after. Man are my eyes sore

Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list

Thanks,
Matt.

#13266 1 year ago

Cheers, thanks for the replies guys!

#13270 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

It's seems like a lot of work to cross check every insert but I checked a few spots which I'm sure of and it seems exactly the same. I make some errors while trying to change white LED bulbs for colored ones. I assumed that all inserts were wedge based (555) but sometimes they're combines with bajonet (44) based. For instance the row of Fuel LED's in de center of the playfield uses a combination of both.
Have fun with your Met next week! It's an awesome game!

Thank you very much for checking those out for me. Looking forward to it, can’t wait!

#13316 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What's an overpriced LE going for, asking for a friend!!!

In Australia they came out here for $9250 NIB.
There are LEs for sale now up to $14000.
I did find one for $12000 but could not justify spending that much on a secondhand machine.

#13332 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

I’m having a minor issue with my MET. When a new ball gets eject into the shooter lane, it very often bounces back from the wooden rail back into the trough. The auto launcher engages but there’s no ball there anymore. The machine automatically ejects a new ball but sometimes this happens three times in a row. Not a very big deal but I’d like to resolve this.
It seems that the ball trough eject coil is too powerful. Haven’t checked inside the settings menu if it’d possible to tune this down. Thought that was only possible on JJP machines.

Try bending the arm that ejects the ball, usually works on my WMS/Bally machines but not sure of the Stern setup.

1 week later
#13369 1 year ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Looks like they may have forgotten a coil sleeve in the left coil

Far out, I’m getting a NIB in a few weeks, if that passed Sterns quality control it’s a bit disconcerting.

2 weeks later
#13497 1 year ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

It’s my first time installing a Mod,
I have the “Snake mouth LED, feed the snake”
From Mezel mods. I have the game unplugged
Glass off , play field lifted, found the snake assembly, located the nut to remove and reinstall.
1)I can’t figure out how the LED gets in the mouth? My underside of snake mouth doesn’t have space for it to fit inside the mouth. And looks different then Mezel pictures.
2) connecting the wires ? What wires do I connect, how do I connect them and do I then reconnect the original wire to the new connector? What is a IDC ?
This is what Mezel mods web page says
“For the Pro, attach the bracket as shown in the photo by removing existing nut and reattaching nut. Disconnect IDC Feed the Snake connection as shown, then plug in the Feed the Snake IDC.”
4 pics of my MET pro , one pic of Mezel instructions
Thanks for any help Guys.

IDC stands for insulation displacement connector. The instructions are just talking about the connector that joins the light above the PF to the wiring below the PF. All you are doing is piggybacking off that connector. Undo connector, connect Mezel connector into one end of stern connector and connect other end of stern connector into the other end of the Mezel mod. I haven’t installed this mod but I’m pretty sure is does not go inside the jaw, it is only to illuminate around the jaw. So pop the PF back down check out if you like it if not move the mod around to the best place.

#13504 1 year ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Ktm450 it worked !! Thanks ,
Brappp

No worries mate

1 month later
#13683 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Just changed out the rubber rings on mine with Titan rings, pretty sure they weren't changed in 5 years. Really like the look of the clear rubbers on the slings. Went with orange rubber for the flipper bats, I bought, blue, black, purple, orange and clear. Thought the orange looked the best. The purple Titan's didn't look good at all, the purple Super Bands look much better.
While reassembling the right ramp I lost the back left most screw the screws into a post by sparky to help anchor the ramp, I dropped it into the game while manoeuvring around the switch and the game swallowed it... anyone know the spec on that screw? The right ramp assembly in the manual appears to only show the screws that hold the plastic on

It’s the same as the left screw, I took my ramp off yesterday to change the rubbers to titans also. Both screws that hold up the back of the ramp are the same size and length.

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I followed this chart for my pro, all Titan rings. I'm happy with the look and feel for sure. Shipping was super fast too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart
Not sure how much is different, if any at all? On the PREM/LE though.

Just be aware that chart has the 2 rings on the exit of the top rollover lanes with the wrong size rubber. They should be 5/16 i.d. not 7/16 o.d. The posts are slightly larger on the bottom.

3 months later
#14339 1 year ago

Why would people want gravestones? It’s a Metallica pin.
The cross grave markers refer to the album artwork and the song “Disposable Hero’s” about the young soldiers sent off to die fighting someone else’s war.

#14362 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's because the cross is seen as a christian symbol and that isn't acceptable with some other countries. It's probably a setting so the game isn't banned in those other countries.
Rob

Ok, if anyone has removed their rising cross for religious reasons, I’ll be happy to buy it from them to run off my total lightshow on my pro

1 month later
#14915 10 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

I bought a rising cross parts kit from Marco and was planning on adding it to my TLS install. What I was told by redshift was that there was some kind of hardware redesign that he needed to implement. That was a few months ago. I have since decided to create my own standalone rising cross mod (not requiring total light show) and have a working prototype. I should have it done by the end of the year.
Anybody interested can PM me directly. Also if anybody is looking to buy a Stern rising cross kit (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7471-00) can also PM me.

PM sent mate

7 months later
#16462 3 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Received this kit and it is not quite as complete as I would have hoped. There are quite a few pieces not included to make this work and those don't look to be sold separately. My plan is to 3D print the missing parts.
The Kit:
[quoted image]
For fun, mine came missing one of the nylon guide blocks. Marco shipped me a replacement. Also it isn't clear to me why there are 4 diodes
What's missing; Parts 3,4,5 from the first diagram, 1,3 from the second and 4,5,6 from the third.

Been awhile but I purchased this rising cross kit off RobF and have finally finished making all the missing pieces. I started by machining up the cam that pushes the switches.

I then machined up the pin with the circlip groove for the sliding piece out of stainless steel, I also made the angle slides with the intention of welding to the existing pro cross assembly. After getting all the pieces together I found out the pro assembly is just plated steel. So I figured I would just make a whole new slide assembly from Stainless steel. I used stainless angle sections which I TIG welded down the middle as I would not have the room to fold back on itself as the originals are made in a press.

Then a connecting arm and all finished.

Just need to find out from Mike the best way to connect to the Total Lightshow and it will be good to go!

1B2E0945-DF53-41B8-A507-725049BF099A (resized).jpeg0CE93676-743F-4521-9DCF-71ED77EE0359 (resized).jpegF7E21765-6170-4375-9BE3-D6E87DF31676 (resized).jpeg1D8903AD-8170-40BD-B0F5-64C1E5626FB8 (resized).jpeg7C94140D-4F2F-4B52-9DE9-4490D010519F (resized).jpeg9FAE932D-2109-40EE-94E2-A14E9858C7C8 (resized).jpeg795D7FB4-A3C9-49C5-8B50-A65891374B0A (resized).jpeg9AA6B948-F30D-4E19-AEEB-1DDE3DF0394A (resized).jpeg
#16464 3 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well done mate. Have installed it to test fire or not

I have sat it in to check spacing and to make sure nothing fouls but it’s not wired up yet.
Thanks very much for letting me pop around to take measurements from yours mate!

2 weeks later
#16507 3 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

That turned out awesome! Glad you made good use of the parts. I am finally progressing on my standalone Pro rising cross mod as well. Although, it isn't nearly as shiny My first prototype is now functional for both the mechanical and the controlling circuitry. Next step is to move the circuit off the breadboard and get make up some PCBs. I'll start a new thread with some videos when the next rev is done.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great Rob, look forward to seeing how yours turns out!

4 weeks later
#16595 70 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Been awhile but I purchased this rising cross kit off RobF and have finally finished making all the missing pieces. I started by machining up the cam that pushes the switches.
I then machined up the pin with the circlip groove for the sliding piece out of stainless steel, I also made the angle slides with the intention of welding to the existing pro cross assembly. After getting all the pieces together I found out the pro assembly is just plated steel. So I figured I would just make a whole new slide assembly from Stainless steel. I used stainless angle sections which I TIG welded down the middle as I would not have the room to fold back on itself as the originals are made in a press.
Then a connecting arm and all finished.
Just need to find out from Mike the best way to connect to the Total Lightshow and it will be good to go!

Finally got the rising cross mod working on my Pro!
Huge shout out to Rick (PoMC) for some detailed photos of the wiring. Helped me out a lot. Thanks very much mate.
I printed a small master of puppets image from the LE cabinet art to go behind and stop the annoying blinding flashers.

#16598 70 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well done mate looks factory

Thanks very much for your help too mate! Very happy with how it came out.

#16602 69 days ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Looks good, I see the left orbit spinner that you added wasn't enough. I added spinner too but the cross you added is the ticket. What do you have you spinner tried into. Mines hooked to the upper top switch next to up post.

I had them hooked up to the total lightshow board but since the last update I had to temporarily wire both up to the right pick target.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktm450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside