51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5050 8 years ago

Gotta get me some tail

#5072 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If this is true then you have a tongue decal on a turtle, not a snake

My 4 year old called it a fish until I put the fangs in.

1 week later
#5215 8 years ago

I've been playing the hell out of my Prem since I unboxed it. I bet there are fewer than 10 plays total on my other games since unboxing a month ago. I'm starting to learn some of the rules and figure out some of the shots. Grand Champ score is just over 200 mil now but I often get a game less than 5 mil.

Question: Is there an actual lock light for the coffin lock? A voice says lock is lit but I don't see anything lit, of course I may be missing it too.

#5220 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Three red lights under the coffin on the playfield.

Do you mean the red lights inside the coffin? I thought those were the "lock is lit" lights but those seem to be on every once in awhile when I don't think lock is lit.

I would love to put a light inside the hammer for the lock... just trying to figure out which light to trigger from

#5232 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm not aware of one either. Would be nice to have something showing it is lit though.
On that note. On my game when it says lock is lit I always have to hit the captive ball 2 more times to get the lock. Happens 100% of the time.
- "lock is lit"
- shoot captive ball and it doesn't lock it
- next shot to ball always locks it
Seems as though it's triggering the call out early on my game.

Yeah, that seems to be confusing me too.

#5244 8 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Thought's on putting cliffys on new Met Pro led. Is it a good idea or not? This is my first pin, kinda of learning as I go and reading the forum a lot.

I put them on my Prem... only out of peer pressure. Honestly, a waste of money. There is no reason a HUO game should need protectors.

3 weeks later
#5546 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Is there any "easy" way to adjust the rubber end of the shooter rod? The ball isn't going all the way up the shooter lane and looked at the rubber tip which seems to be cockeyed. I tried bending it a little but wasn't much help. Auto fire works great so I think it's something with this tip hitting the ball at an angle and causing it to misfire up the lane. Only happens when I pull the shooter rod to start a new game/ ball.

I had this issue too... Pretty sure I fixed it by re-aiming the shooter. Loosen the three mounting bolts and adjust.

I don't recall for sure, but it was not a drastic repair. Never had the problem since. Before, I could not get the ball around the loop for the super skill shot.

#5582 8 years ago

Does the flashers behind the back panel plastic bother anyone else? It bugs me that when these go off I see the cutouts in the panel itself. I've seen some mods (not sure which they were though) that made it look more like the electrical arc is flashing.

Who makes a mod that helps this look better?

I had a thought... what if one were to mask off those areas better so that the electrical arc is the only part that you can see the flasher through.

1 week later
#5724 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can someone tell me where in the menu is the shaker test?

I thought that I saw it in the Coil Test section.

2 weeks later
#5956 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

They still need to fix the sound cutting out when you adjust music attenuation!!
This is a big small problem that really bugs me!!!!
It's been know for awhile, has anyone reported it to Stern as a bug?

Funny... This just happened to me last night. I was beginning to think I had something wrong with the machine.

1 year later
#11084 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It prevents balls from bouncing back down either orbit.

I still get 90% bounce backs with the metal post. I just disabled the post on the settings. I don't get near the pop bumper action but I think it is fine.

9 months later
#13321 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm contemplating getting rid of my TWD to pick up a MET pro LED.
Wanted to hear from anyone who has owned or played enough of the two titles to make a comparison.
TWD just seems like such a ball drainer to me. You have the occasional epic game, but it's not a game that gives a lot of satisfaction just to step up to and play.

I had both in premium versions... Still own Met. The rare epic game on TWD was great but all the others were beyond frustrating. I have never seen EOTL but have hit two CIU modes in a game and felt like that was an accomplishment. I tend to feel satisfied when I get two multiballs in a single game.

1 week later
#13357 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is literally a matter of millimeters with one game varying slightly from the next. Last night I decided to look into this a lot more closely. I realized a fast traveling ball on my game must be hitting perfectly on center of the post as it is coming around the orbit in order to bounce back 90% of the time even with the metal post installed. I decided that I could move the post slightly by bending the up post coil bracket a little. With the playfield vertical, I bent the bracket downward a few degrees. This had the effect of moving the post a little bit toward the front of the playfield (without any sort of rubbing because the metal plunger is significantly thinner than the hole in the playfield). Now the ball hits a little off center towards the back side of the post and doesn't seem to bounce directly back as much. I played a few quick games and 5 out of 6 fast left orbits didn't bounce back. Time will tell but it looks like the little change helped.
So here is my working theory. The metal plunger helps because it is not quite as bouncy and more importantly it is a little thinner diameter. Being thinner makes it less likely to get a dead-on hit that bounces straight back. Some games (like mine) come from the factory with a combination of the back rail geometry and the coil bracket position that puts the post in the exact center of the ball path. Anything that can be done to change the path of the ball can possibly help give an off-center hit on the post. Maybe even playfield incline?

My game was 95 percent rejects no matter plastic or metal plunger. I bent the bracket back a bit and now it catches all the balls.

3 months later
#14004 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I must suck. I've had the game for more than two years and I think I've only ever started a third CIU mode once.

I've only started 2 a few times... Never 3.

1 month later
#14247 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had wired up guitar picks only to find that they won't work with the met vault edition. I still can't comprehend why they won't light, but I guess it's a voltage difference or something. So.....I had to go back to my mirror. Mine is rectangular and I swiped it from my wife's makeup tacklebox

How did you wire them in? Did you reverse the leads and try again?

I did not use the guitar picks but I put lights that shine thru the switch slots. I tapped into the insert lights but one did not work until I reversed the leads.

#14250 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure I tried this. And the mod guy who made the pick mod even states his kit will not work on premium models.... Curious how yours is working. I would love the pick mod, actually just ripped it all out because it pissed me off to see them in there not working...

I was disappointed at first when the lights did not work but then I swapped the wires and it works. I used standard bayonet sockets with a flex bulb led in the middle of the switch slot. Wired this to each of the insert lights. I have a Met Prem, btw.

#14260 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

And you soldered to the tabs on each board, right?
Nah, I just went down and triple checked, just so I know I'm not crazy. Switched wires back and forth and tried multiple bulbs. Do you have a metal backbox led run premium?

Soldered to the pads on each board. Met Prem with metal backbox. I'll see about snapping a pic.

1 week later
#14301 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

And you soldered to the tabs on each board, right?
Nah, I just went down and triple checked, just so I know I'm not crazy. Switched wires back and forth and tried multiple bulbs. Do you have a metal backbox led run premium?

Yep... Soldered onto each board.

IMG_20181007_204531 (resized).jpgIMG_20181007_204531 (resized).jpg
#14302 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Yep... Soldered onto each board.[quoted image]

You can see the lights as well shining thru the switch slots.

1 month later
#14743 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

when playing Metallica Pro there are some blinding playfield lights you can’t help but stare at.... Would anyone know what bulbs I can replace those with to tone them down? Or go with a different color than the blinding white ones? Brock

I put those flex flashers in behind the cross.... Like this https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=8SMDFLEXFLASH

#14760 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just set up my new Metallica Premium and played it for the first time last night. Man, I love it! However, I've only played Pro versions for the past 5 years or so (Love them too) and was surprised that when the raising grave marker on the Premium is down, there is one or two white flasher LEDs totally exposed with a direct line of sight right to your eyeballs, LOL. Man, they are quite blinding. Does anyone make cover mod for those, or has anyone made a cover? I apologize as I'm sure this has been discussed and there's probably something buried in the last 296 pages. Just looking for ideas before I go gung-ho and make my own flasher cover. I just want to tone down the blinding white flashes a tad.

See my post above. I put those flex flashers from Comet in place of the OE bulbs.

#14828 5 years ago

Double update for me.... Code and Translite

MVIMG_20181120_204420 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181120_204420 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#15122 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone have any ideas on how to light this plastic ? Metal bracket blocks the light. Maybe shorten bracket or Hollow out the center? Just seems like it could be improved.
[quoted image]

That one bothers the hell out of me as well.

1 week later
#15250 5 years ago

I've always thought that my Met sounded rather crappy and just figured that was how it is. I have TZ next to it and they sound equally as craptastic. Yesterday, I finished up my JP and decided to hook up the cab speaker which has torn paper (will replace when I figure out what I want to do)... Anyway, that JP rocks compared to Met.

What gives... Does this seem right? I reached in and did notice the cab speaker on Met was moving a tiny bit. Yeah.. yeah everyone says to get a sub. I figured that if I got a sub then I'd piss the wife off too often.

#15252 5 years ago

Yeah...yeah.

#15253 5 years ago

I had AC/DC and it sounded way better. This Met never really sounded very good. AC/DC had a much larger speaker in the cab but that JP is a small crappy speaker like Met

#15256 5 years ago

Mine seems to really lack the boom. I think my phone can make more bass... This is only a slight exaggeration.

1 month later
#15629 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I believe they thought the block would allow the magnet on the Premium/LE to more easily capture the ball for the hammer/lock action. The magnet ball capture seems to work good on my Premium, so I'm hesitant to change to the newton ball.

I've had a newton ball since day 1 and my magnet ball catch is fine.

4 weeks later
#15906 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have an led run premium with metal backbox. Just double checked to see if I'm crazy and when I flip the switch, it just shuts off. No message.

Huh... Weren't all Premiums LED? Early Pros were not LED until Stern decided to make everything LED hence two versions of the Pro.

1 week later
#15982 5 years ago

Check out the rule cards from Mikonos.

IMG_20190314_205709 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205709 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205714 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_205714 (resized).jpg
#15990 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are these for sale?

Contact Mikonos

2 months later
#16273 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have gotten an extra ball after EOTL and when I drained the game ended, this has happened to me twice. Anyone else experience this issue?

It may be that you have hit your max extra ball limit. I noticed something similar once, not at EOTL tho.

#16275 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah it may have nothing to do with EOTL. I will see if there is an extra ball limit in settings but just confusing that it shows you getting one when you don't actually have it.

I thought the same thing... There is an setting. I think that I made mine unlimited... And I still have not reached EOTL.

3 weeks later
#16366 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

How cute!!! My son shows interest in pinball also! I need to tape him playing!

My son likes playing my Met... When it swears at him, I tell him not to tell Mom... LoL. Yes, I can turn that off but I don't really want to.

He still brings up the time I must have hit a flipper button when it was in attract mode and it yelled "I'm going to kick your ass". He busts up laughing about that.

9 months later
#17433 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Thanks for all your help so far. The game is still under warranty, would this be easier for me to ask for a new board? My multimeter is at my workshop and I'm not suppose to leave my house for non essentials

Pinball is essential.

2 months later
#17622 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Anyone noticed a bug in the Crank it Up modes (and maybe elsewhere?) where you get an extra ball with a scoop shot, the machine acknowledges the extra ball as normal, but the extra ball is not actually awarded after draining? It’s happened to me a couple of times recently. Super annoying.

Do you have max extra balls set? I noticed something similar but I was hitting my max before that

#17625 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ahh...mystery solved. Thanks. It always happens in an epic (for me) game, so that makes sense.

LoL... I've experienced the exact same thing to the point where I tried counting. Then I figured to turn off max balls and I've never noticed this again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=kcz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.