Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4618 8 years ago

Any suggestions for speaker upgrades, including lighting effect and color DMD. I wanna pimp out my newly acquired Metallica Pro Led!

#4626 8 years ago

How do I hook up and external subwoofer?

#4657 8 years ago

I am of the understanding that the black factory rubbers for the metallica can potentially stain the play field and they should be changed. What have people changed them to? and is polyurethane rubbers ok? Color suggestions please.

#4659 8 years ago

The ball on my Metallica often gets hung up to the left of the rollover lanes in the area of the pop up. Does any one have the same problem? If so how did they remedy it? I tried to crank up the back of the machines height and it seemed to help but did not cure the problem. Thanks in advance.

#4661 8 years ago

Thanks, will give it a try.

Quoted from tigerpin:

You can easily adjust the height of the metal/plastic post underneath the playfield. Mine tended to raise during play and then the ball would come to rest against it on soft shots, especially in multiball. The post should be level with the playfield when in the down position.

#4663 8 years ago

Success! Thanks

Quoted from tigerpin:

You can easily adjust the height of the metal/plastic post underneath the playfield. Mine tended to raise during play and then the ball would come to rest against it on soft shots, especially in multiball. The post should be level with the playfield when in the down position.

#4674 8 years ago

How on earth do you eject the balls so you can work on the game with the play-field up? I cant find it on any of the menus. Thanks

1 week later
#4699 8 years ago

Has anyone purchased/installed the Stern custom backbox kit from cointaker? Either the deluxe or regular version. If so, what are your thoughts.

#4709 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I had the whole kit ordered before mine was even delivered. The deluxe version with the flashers is awesome, color changing remote controller with lots of modes. you can adjust the brightness and the speed of the modes as well, I strongly recommend the best version with flashers.
cointaker video and my own machine
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Awesome! I am sold!

#4710 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I had the whole kit ordered before mine was even delivered. The deluxe version with the flashers is awesome, color changing remote controller with lots of modes. you can adjust the brightness and the speed of the modes as well, I strongly recommend the best version with flashers.
cointaker video and my own machine
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Just bought it, the only mods left for me are the color DMD and speaker upgrade!

#4737 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all,
Ive just picked this up recently & noticed that when i start a game i get 170 points 1st up even before ball is plunged, is this normal, did a switch test & all looks good
007.JPG

Where did you get those speaker grills?

1 month later
#4967 8 years ago

How did you do that? Nice Work!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Got the rising cross mech fully working in the pro..
» YouTube video

#5001 8 years ago

I am sure some of us on here can relate to that moment when: My girlfriend took down my high score on Metallica....Or am I just a lucky guy

2 weeks later
#5131 8 years ago

I apologize if this has already been covered, but can someone explain on the origin of Sparky and how it relates to Metallica.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from ScrewMan:

I'm in the club! Met Pro Led. This is my first machine and I'm very excited to get it in the basement tonight. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, the info here made the purchase decision easy. Hopefully, all goes smooth with the set up.

IMG_2503.jpg

Awesome! Welcome!

#5197 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yep, One of the best color dmd's going around, Took a few pics while playing it, If your on the fence, Get off & get one
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG

Which DMD is this? Where can I purchase one? Thanks in advance

3 months later
#6426 8 years ago

I have been using small mylar circles for the magnet in front of Sparky. I would replace them often and today I noticed that there was already a large mylar circle around the magnet (never noticed before). I have a Pro LED, so it is a more recent run. I am thinking that I do not need to bother with additional mylar. Anyone feel any different?

2 months later
#7263 7 years ago

Installed...very nice mod. Will post pics soon. Thanks

Quoted from HankScorpio:

I made one more LED Insert Mod this morning that I can ship out today. PM me to get it!

1 month later
#7758 7 years ago

Can anyone recommend speaker upgrade for my metallica pro. I am not interested in the subwoofer and am using the pinball refinery lighted speaker mod if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance

#7840 7 years ago

I installed a color dmd on my Metallica and I can only get one color. I downloaded the firmware update but the DMD will not recognize it. Is this because I am using an Apple computer? Thanks in advance

#7847 7 years ago

That was the problem and it was fixed. Thank you

Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry you're having trouble. Please make sure the USB drive is formatted as MS FAT-32 format (this is the format used on most new drives) and that the file is saved with the exact filename "colordmd.rom".
Make sure there are no additional characters in the name. If the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code that usually indicates a file with the correct name could not be found on the drive. To clear the error and try again, pull the power cable from the ColorDMD controller board and reinsert.

#7848 7 years ago

Up an running the color DMD for my met pro and all I can say is wow. It really makes the game pop.

#7857 7 years ago

I am going to do the same for my TZ, Star Trek and Dracula....it is going to be a color DMD festival

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Never really have had any issues with ColorDMD well maybe just one that they haven't released a TWD color rom yet, other then that none. Their products and support have been nothing less then superb. I have one in every machine I own with a few just waiting...cough "TWD" cough...'BSD".

2 months later
#8600 7 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from zene10:

I've been working on Coffin Lock mods. If anyone is interested I'll start making them after the Chicago Expo.
Full info is on the Mod board (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-skull-and-eyeball-coffin-mods#postbox)

1 month later
#8712 7 years ago

Wowza...I have heard about and have had friends with issues with various Stern games. Unfortunately it seems as if allot of issues are getting past there quality check.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Joined the Metallica owners club with a NIB Premium purchase. Was a bit older production run so hoping I avoid the play field issues many are having. Looks great so far!
Unfortunately, have to report two issues that should never have passed Stern quality control. First, the GI didn't work out of the box. Turned out wire was too taught underneath and pulling on the connector. Second, the cross would raise but falls after rising. Check out the pics below - it was installed wrong and screws missing.
Thanks to gweempose for helping me identify the issue and resolving tonight. Crazy that passed Q&A.

2 months later
#9180 7 years ago

Thank you sir may I have another

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The guitar pics look cool..the post with wire wrapped around it behind them...not so much! Great idea tho. Also would be cool to pay tribute to Burton &Newsted on them!

2 years later
#16600 4 years ago

Anyone have instructions on hooking up the pro spinners? I know I have to adapt one plastic but I want to make sure I hook them up correctly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=jkashani and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.