IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13326 5 years ago

Has anyone heard Stern stopping production MET Pro LED machines? I have had one on order for 6 weeks and I am being told another 4-6 now. I get that Iron Maiden is out, but I am worried I will never see the MET Pro I have on order.

4 weeks later
#13511 5 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Six weeks is nothing. I waited five months for mine! That's when they were having playfield issues and right before Stern moved to a bigger building.

That is brutal, but I am also down the street from them, so I am amazed that I am still waiting. IMDN took over the assembly line I guess. 10 weeks seems like an eternity when we are waiting for a new toy!

#13513 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

New METPros are coming off the line starting this week.

Fingers crossed then! I have a drawer of toys/mods waiting for it.

1 week later
#13565 5 years ago

Latest addition to the cave. Been a long weekend of adjustments and mods. Couple more to go. Such a fantastic machine.

IMG_1006(1) (resized).jpgIMG_1006(1) (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13694 5 years ago

My NIB Met Pro arrived a couple weeks ago. Have everything done except for Sparky's helmet. Added mirror blades, Color DMD and the green plastics over the lanes, along with few other little things. Wanted to let everyone know, out of box I had a bad flasher bulb, bad 555 bulb and the left leaf switch for the left ramp wasn't registering. I reached out to Stern and they are sending the parts out right away. Happy to see they are taking care of a new customer, but a little disappointed in their quality control. Anyone else seeing this on NIB purchases, I ask because I am considering another if I move some inventory at home. Cheers!

Pin Pic (resized).jpgPin Pic (resized).jpg
2 months later
#14163 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Finally!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great taste! Mine are side by side as well. Welcome to the club!

IMG_1005 (resized).jpgIMG_1005 (resized).jpg
#14164 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have had a metallica nib premium for 2 weeks. Noticed that i hear humming noise when holding the left and right flippers. It is slight hum when i hold the right flipper up but much louder with left flipper held up. Normal or some way to lessen the hum? Thanks for any input.

Mine hum as well. I'm used to it. If you search this thread, I think someone cleaned or shaved the contacts a bit, but I didn't think it was worth the effort. I have about 300 games on mine (NIB in June) and the hum is there but doesn't seem to have an effect on gameplay.

1 month later
#14406 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

One other quick question. Is there a way to demagnetise pinballs

Just buy new ones. They are cheap in bulk. I replace all of mine every 150-200 games. Saves your pf from getting chewed up as well.

6 months later
#16105 4 years ago

Anyone try claiming a broken Sparky foot under warranty? My MET is less than a year old with around 500 plays on it. Kinda disappointed to see him missing a foot already. Not thrilled about dropping $200 on a new Sparky less than a year in.

IMG_2905 (resized).jpgIMG_2905 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#16752 4 years ago

Need some diagnose help. Sparky sensor is triggering at random times, usually when I hit the right ramp. Just keep triggering and multiball starts. Did switch test and all switches come in clean. Thinking maybe the opto is bad, or not lined up properly, both lights on the opto board are lit and I checked the connections. Any tips to realign it, or should I just replace it? I reached out to my distributor and I am waiting to see about getting replacement parts (machine is just over a year old), but thought there might be an easy way to fix/diagnose.

3 months later
#17111 4 years ago

Besides Marco and PL, does anyone have a source for a replacement Sparky? The right foot on mine cracked off (in less than 600 plays) and I was hoping to not pay $200 for a replacement. TIA

1 week later
#17162 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm looking into purchasing a Metallica Pro in the next couple of weeks. It has ZERO mods on it. I was considering adding both the COLOR DMD and SHAKER MOTOR, do you guys think they're worth it? I realize it's all subjective but for those who invested in them, are you glad you did?

I have a shaker and color DMD in mine as well. The DMD is awesome and the shaker adds to the intensity for modes. I did dial my shaker back a bit though.

1 month later
#17356 4 years ago

I am on the latest code and it still takes two hits for mine. I would be in for a raising cross if you are gonna make them orderable.

2 weeks later
#17444 3 years ago

Hey Jimmyhonda, what LED strip did you use under the pf to light up the drop targets? And where did you tap into? I think it looks great, just ordered the drop targets for my MET.

#17452 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just used comet led strips Under the Playfield and tied into nearby GI. Comet sells a 3-way splitter, so you can tie all three strips together. Makes it a cleaner install. I will say, you’ve gotta get creative to make the leds work because they need to be facing up towards the bottom of the Playfield. I manipulated a few “L” brackets and some heavy duty mounting tape to get them to stay solid and so I could install led strips so they are facing up, towards the bottom of the Playfield, specifically right below each drop target.

Thank you, do you happen to have a picture? I installed the drops last night, figured I would order some Comet strips today. Also, did you paint the side tabs of the targets so the opto would see them, mine aren’t registering. Thanks again for sharing!

#17461 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, you have to put any kind of white tape on the side tabs so the optos register. Also, I tried to take a picture of the led strips and it really just didn’t work. It’s too tight of a space to get a good picture. I stuck L brackets inside the drop target mech with mounting tape and stuck the led strips on them so they faced up towards the Playfield. You just gotta get creative. There’s no simple way of explaining it. Unfortunately.

Thank you again for the reply. I will rip out the mech and get some creative modding done!

1 week later
#17486 3 years ago
Quoted from Off2War:

Anyone know if Stern will be doing another run of these?

Not likely anytime soon, might still find some NIB out there. Plenty pop up used as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.