51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12536 6 years ago

I joined the club! A new Premium is on its way to me right now. I’ve been VERY excited counting the minutes until the expected delivery date of this Friday. However today I got some bad news when I checked the online FedEx tracking and saw that it has been delayed due to weather in Salt Lake. What a let down! I don’t see why it’s delayed considering each time I look at the weather app it doesn’t show any big storms in Utah at all. What the hell fedex??!!
On a good note, I’ve purchased a number or mods ahead of time

#12540 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I'm stoked!
Here's what I've ordered/received so far...

ColorDMD (my favorite mod on my TWD)
Big subwoofer (love bass!)
Shaker (red tremor, I hope it's not TOO much)
Powerbladez (these look bad ass)
3D/2D snake mod
Pinbits clear plastic protector kit (with sparky)
Snake teeth & tongue
Orange sling/outlane protectors
Skulls flipper bat stickers
Blue under hammer LED
2 wire LED sparky mod
Full Cliffy set (of course!)

I still want but haven't bought yet...
Spinny Vinny's traditional hammer
LED speaker rings
Cemetery LED arch
A topper??

I love this crazy but expensive hobby!

Junky

#12556 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you get the Pinnovators sub woofer board? And don't forget my 2 mods.

All due respect intended, I haven’t needed one yet. I’m sure the Pinnovator’s products are great though. I’ve just connected my subs high level inputs to the pins woofer speaker wiring. It sounds fantastic this way with TWD and GB.

I do like the look of your leg lighting kit.... hmmm

Junky

#12560 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they still making new premiums? I’m thinking about upgrading from my pro.

I am not speaking for Stern here, just letting you know what I know.
I just bought one from Cointaker. Melissa said she had 2 (including mine) from Stern's LAST run.
JJ at CO Game Exchange didn't have any and said he couldn't get any more.
I'm assuming this means that Stern stopped making them.
I would hurry up and find one if you want to upgrade.
Good luck.
Junky

1 week later
#12608 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Who made the extended sparky protector? My pf was replaced and I forgot to swap it

Pinbits
I just installed their complete protection set (including the extended sparky shield) in all clear. Except for the orange slingshot and outlane plastics from mezelmods.

#12616 6 years ago

My new premium arrived this last week! I just love this game. I know I'm late to the party but I'm real happy to be here!
I started adding protection/mods immediately. Added pinbits and cliffys before I even played a single ball. Since these pics I added the 3D snake mod and some others. My powerbladez are sitting in a box ready to be installed shortly. I will post more pics when I'm done.
Fun and awesome looking game!
Junky

20180212_202551 (resized).jpg20180212_202551 (resized).jpg

20180215_112926 (resized).jpg20180215_112926 (resized).jpg

#12656 6 years ago

Hey guys.
I've been busy adding various mods to my new premium. I just love this pin so much!. It is so much fun. And I love the art package. The cabinet, playfield, the DMD animations, it just looks fantastic!. And now that I've added the power bladez I am absolutely stoked. I can't recommend this pin enough.
Here are a few pics, including the power bladez, the blue hammer LED, and the 2D/3D snake mod.
Metal!!!

20180222_195916 (resized).jpg20180222_195916 (resized).jpg
20180222_195834 (resized).jpg20180222_195834 (resized).jpg
20180222_195715 (resized).jpg20180222_195715 (resized).jpg
20180222_195722 (resized).jpg20180222_195722 (resized).jpg
20180222_195725 (resized).jpg20180222_195725 (resized).jpg

20180212_202551 (resized).jpg20180212_202551 (resized).jpg

#12659 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I see a custom Sparky in your future imagamejunky!! Those art blades look sooo good! Nice pin!! She's a beauty

Thanks man!

Quoted from Roostking:

Are the power blades lit up with the blacklight system? I can't see the light rails.

They are activated by audio. There is a sensitivity knob on the power supply

#12663 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where are the lights mounted? I have these same pinblades, but no ligthing. That looks incredible!

They're the power bladez. No mounted lights

#12677 6 years ago

You’re gonna love it! Great choice. I got mine on the 12th and have been playing it a ton. I’ve had zero hammer issues. And I think the hammer/coffin is the best ball lock in pinball! Get a shaker and a sub!

My only issues so far have been; snake switch not registering sometimes (bent switch a little), plunger wasn’t centered on the ball (moved plunger assembly), ball trough eject was ejecting 2 balls into shooter lane after the 1st ball would bounce off of the cliffy in the shooter lane and fall back into the trough (I bent the metal deflector slightly down towards the plunger)

Junky

#12680 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for all of the tips I appreciate it..... Im hoping the sparky protector gets here by Thursday because I could tell from my friends pro that sparky causes major air balls. His has the protector and i still got some air balls off of him.

You're welcome.
I removed the stock and installed the clear pinbits sparky protector before I even powered the game on. I've had no airballs off of sparky. Not one!

#12742 6 years ago

I just opened up my NIB premium 2 weeks ago (2/12). So far it’s been fantastic. It has a build date of 04-05-17.

I posted this the other day...

Quoted from imagamejunky:

.....My only issues so far have been; snake switch not registering sometimes (bent switch a little), plunger wasn’t centered on the ball (moved plunger assembly), ball trough eject was ejecting 2 balls into shooter lane after the 1st ball would bounce off of the cliffy in the shooter lane and fall back into the trough (I bent the metal deflector slightly down towards the plunger)
Junky

As you can see these are only very minor things with easy fixes.
IMO you should re-join the club!

#12781 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man what a night tonight was! I played the hell out of my new game and im so glad that i ended up going with this game. No way I could have picked a better game. I know this is the honeymoon stage but this game is so good that its always going to feel like the honeymoon stage. Damn, what a killer game! I did have a pop bumper that kept screwing up and i had to work on that a good while until i figured out how i needed to adjust it but its all good now im 99% sure.
Oh yeah, and the Hammer that almost kept me from buying the Premium because I didn’t like it turned out to be Bad Ass! I love it!

Hell yes! Such a great game! The hammer is awesome. If you haven't already, add a shaker and sub. Trust me

#12785 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The best sounds from the sub on METLE/PREM are the spinners.

Totally agree. Kick-drum spinners!

1 week later
#12903 6 years ago

Hey guys.
I don’t see this when I search so I thought I would ask here. My Metallica premium is not saving the credits between power cycles like all of my other pins do. Any ideas?
Thanks

#12906 6 years ago

No. I prefer using credits on my machines. Not a fan of leaving them on freeplay.

If the battery was dead would that cause the game to lose the credits? The audits, high scores, and settings are all saved though. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen this happen on.

#12909 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If your gonna have games ya gotta have a battery tester, unless you have Navram in your games. just make sure the game is on when you pull the batteries to check them or you will lose your high scores.

I definitely do. And thanks.
With all due respect, what you’re saying though seems contradictory. If pulling the battery will reset high scores, then a dead battery would do the same. My high scores, audits, and settings all save after powering down. I’m just losing credits.

#12910 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure that is by design. heck the local arcade will power cycle games that have free games on them that someone leaves. Maybe their is a setting that will hold credits after a power cycle but by default I believe that is normal.

If that’s by default, then Metallica is different than all of my other pins. I haven’t found a setting for this yet.
Thank you

1 week later
#12957 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is the preferred flipper color (not taste wise but gameplay wise) - I've been using black....

I’m real happy with translucent blue. Matches real nicely

8 months later
#15033 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Every 10 games or so I get a trough eject with two balls. Anyone know why this just happens sporadically like this?

When I first got mine it would also eject 2 balls into the shooter lane. The 1st ball would bounce off of the cliffy in the shooter lane and fall back into the trough on top of another ball. Then both would be ejected. I fixed this by bending the metal deflector slightly down towards the plunger. This prevented the first ball from bouncing back into the trough.
Junky

3 weeks later
#15403 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went out and played some pinball on location today with the intent of playing MBR to help me decide if I really like to add it to my line up or not. Thought it was cool but just ok.
They have a MET pro there and I've walked by it many times before and never gave it a thought of playing it. Till today! Bad ass and seriously considering picking one up! Especially now that I've heard they will be no longer in production and a new code released!
I'd be buying NIB...any common concerns I should be aware of?

Not a concern... my advice is to buy a Premium. You won't regret it. The hammer, coffin lock is seriously bad ass.

1 week later
#15474 5 years ago

Need a lineup change

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Time to change things up. Here's my absolutely flawless Metallica Monsters Premium with some fantastic tasteful mods. I bought it NIB less than a year ago. Not a flaw on it. Perfec...”
2019-01-11
Livermore, CA
7,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 384 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 149.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.