51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gt-500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14346 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hope someone can shed some light on this problem. Since yesterday weird stuff has been happening on my met monsters. While in a multiball mode i could hear the coffin mb sounds where it spits out balls but there were no balls in there (well i thought that as i was playing sparky mb). When i lost all the balls and waited for the next ball nothing came out of the trough and i noticed a ball in the coffin lock area. Game went into ball search but it didn't pop this ball out. I had to switch off and on to get it to empty. I think the next game something else strange happened but i cant remember. Tonight after playing a decent game and sparkymultiball finished i had a few flips and then a two ball multiball started for no reason but soon after without even flipping a ball the flippers went dead and game over.
I did do a code update about a week ago just for the experience. V1.7 as before and no errors seemed to occur during the operation.
Any ideas?

I can't shed any light but can tell you I have the exact same issue going on. I'm on my third magnet board and this machine is only a year old. I'm not blowing fuses near as much but now the balls are not spitting out from the coffin. I can watch the little plastic plunger going up and down but its not releasing the balls. It goes into ball search mode and its all downhill from there. You need to shut the machine down and fire it back up, then it spits them right out. It will work fine for the first coffin MB but seems to act up on the second or third coffin MB if I make it that far. I pulled the balls out and they are not magnetized. I'm thinking something is heating up after a long game? I called Stern and they said they never heard of it happening and to try to get video of it happening. It really sucks when you're on the third or fourth crank it up mode and this happens.

#14365 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Hate to tell you but I bet your balls are magnetized. I never had issues with mine. Replaced my balls and after maybe a dozen or so plays had issues as you are describing.....change the balls. That’s what I did and all back to normal.

Interesting, I also changed balls recently before this problem. This easy enough to fix but I wish I wouldn't have bought 50 of the balls that aren't supposed to magnetize easily from pinball life. What kind of pinballs are you using?

#14367 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well don’t assume they are magnetized. Test them. Line them up on a table and check. Don’t want to waste 50 balls if they aren’t the problem.

Pickle was spot on...I just pulled the balls out and sure enough three out of four are magnetized which is why it was a random problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time I had the glass off this machine. Now to find some pinballs that don't magnetize as quickly. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

#14371 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Ball Baron has good balls...just look and you will find the standard carbon core balls I believe...do not get premium balls. Just read the description of the balls and you will find the correct ones.

The balls I got from pinball life were the carbon core style unless they sent the wrong ones by accident? I'll try some from ball baron. I'm just glad its a simple fix. Thanks for all your help!!!

#14372 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck!!! I will check them out as well

2 months later
#15428 5 years ago

Does anybody have the inside scoop as to when Color DMD plans to update the color monitor for the latest Stern update? I've been waiting to drop in the latest Stern update till they are both available.

2 weeks later
#15507 5 years ago

I'm having the same problem on my premium with direct shots in snakes mouth not registering and lighting the lit lane. I also had a ball go into the snakes mouth and sit there till the ball search kicked it out. It registers when the snakes mouth is closed in other multi balls and also works in crank it up. Not sure what you mean by registering a snake hit JM? Did something change in the last update? Any direct hit into snakes mouth always lit snake in the flashing outlane outlane before?

#15513 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have a pro. But in my case the switch needed adjusted so it is firmly closed with the ball in the snake mouth.
It's weird. The game obviously knew the ball was in the snake cause it would kick it out. But it didn't score it/light snake lane inserts/gimme a snake letter. After I adjusted it that problem went away. Had the same on my mystery hole.
Yours however seems the switch doesnt register at All? If it takes a ball search to kick it out.

Thanks Rick, I was just looking at it and noticed the whole snake head seems a little loose. I'll make sure everything is tight then adjust the switch if needed. It only went into ball search one time where it didn't even know the ball was in there...all the other times it acted like yours and will occasionally work. I'll update with my findings. Thanks for the reply.

#15521 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have a pro. But in my case the switch needed adjusted so it is firmly closed with the ball in the snake mouth.
It's weird. The game obviously knew the ball was in the snake cause it would kick it out. But it didn't score it/light snake lane inserts/gimme a snake letter. After I adjusted it that problem went away. Had the same on my mystery hole.
Yours however seems the switch doesnt register at All? If it takes a ball search to kick it out.

I reached in the snakes mouth and pried the switch trigger wire up a bit with a long skinny screwdriver and all is good now. I think it was a combination of the switch wire and the rules slightly changing with the last update. The first time it's shot into the snakes mouth nothing happens but the second time it lights up two snakes on the out lanes which I never remember happening with the previous update. Anyway all seems good now. Thanks for the tip Rick. Now to do the gasket trick on my noisy flippers

#15554 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So...
Last year my wife gave me the birthday present of all birthday presents. Hardwired experience at the Birmingham Metallica show. I waited all year long, and finally went this past Tuesday night! It was awesome.
Before the show, my wife and I went backstage with the band. Hung out with the band, they were all relaxed and cool to hang. I brought 2 pinball translites (including a Monsters, which I received already signed by DD), which they were happy to sign and actually rather stoked because they like to talk pinball! James says he has a MET pin at the house. He says folks that come by and his kids love to play it. Seemed to me that Kirk was the biggest Pinhead. He listed off four or five pinballs that he had in this current collection. My head was spinning, so all I can remember was that he had an Addams Family in the mix...hahaha. And then I went front row for the show... just an absolutely awesome experience. About two songs in, a guy came by and gave me a signed setlist for the night's show.
My head is still spinning about the whole experience. Also before the show, they had a room with all sorts of memorabilia. This also included some old scrap papers they had scribbled on when they were creating some of the songs we all remember. I was blown away....
Thought I would share some pictures from the night.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Your wife is a keeper!!! That's too cool...Thanks for sharing your experience with us

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gt-500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=gt-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.