Here's a copy and paste of the changes.
V1.80.0 - November 16, 2018
- Reworked ball locked lamp effect.
- Captive ball extra ball #1 (default for auto setting) lowered to 10
hits (from 15 hits).
- Combo champion # of combos lowered to 10 combos (from 20 combos).
- Added new marker to The End Of The Line music for better shooter groove.
- One (lady justice) mode was not being restarted when a shot was made
during the mode. This has been corrected.
- Added a "reset timer" adjustment for the One (lady justice) mode.
- Added combo lights adjustment. Default is FLASH ONCE (show lamps once
for a small period of time, then turn the lights off). Other settings:
ALWAYS and NONE. Competition + Director's Cut are set to FLASH ONCE.
- Coffin hurry-up now leaves all shots lit to reset the hurry-up score
when multiple hurry-ups are available instead of requiring the player
to complete them individually before they all re-light.
- "The End Of The Line" song is now selectable at the start of the game
if the player has made it to "The End Of The Line" (the 5th Crank It Up
- Shot features shot lit (the blinking arrow at the start of the ball)
will no longer move to a shot that is ready to start the coffin hurry-up,
nor will it move to a shot that is associated with a currently running
- Super skill shot to light a shot for the coffin hurry-up will now always
be on the active shot for lighting items (the blinking arrow at the start
of the ball).
- Reworked guitar pick target lamps. The unscored lamps now blink only
when they are available to light the snake lock (and during Blackened).
Otherwise, the unscored lamps are OFF.
- Added explosion sounds to the start of the fuel mode.
- Changed the sound for completing a pop bumper to something slightly
- Reworked song transition markers for "Sad But True" so more of the song
can be heard.
- Added lamp effects for "The End Of The Line" super jackpot.
- Added shaker motor effects to "The End Of The Line".
- Shortened the extra ball and replay effects during multiball and "The
End Of The Line".
- Fixed the timing of the snake bite sound at the start of the long
version of the extra ball display effect.
- Added more speech for snake lock.
- Added snake talk scripts (ADULT CONTENT and BEEPED) for completing the
guitar pick targets when doing so lights the snake lock during multiball
or during "The End Of The Line". This was implemented, but the scripts
were missing from the snake script table.
- Updated some HSTD initials.
- Crank It Up modes now wait for collect/continue to finish obtaining
user input before terminating. This allows the player to "collect" the
mode points even though the song (mode) has technically ended.
- Changed the Crank It Up default collect/continue relight difficulty
from EASY to HARD. This requires the player to re-collect the Cross,
Electric Chair, Coffin, and Snake to relight collect/continue during
the Crank It Up mode.
- Some work on The End of the Line:
- Starts as a 2-ball multiball.
- The music does not start until the mode start animation has
- Removed the timer. The mode will continue running during single
- Added mystery award for single ball play. This awards the first
available shot from left to right (even if that shot is the super
- If the mode is played through until the song ends at 7:51, the
flippers are turned off and the balls are collected.
- The first part of the rule has been changed from all 6 shots lit
to light the super jackpot to 1 shot lit to light the first super
jackpot, 2 shots lit to light the second super jackpot, etc. up
to a maximum of all 6 shots lit to light the sixth super jackpot.
If an unlit shot is made during this stage, that shot will light
to advance to the next stage (super jackpot).
- Removed "failed" super jackpot award display effect and moved it
to "ended". (This is the animation of the car not making the jump
and crashing at the bottom of the canyon.)
- Removed the failed shots from the second stage (super jackpot).
There is now only one shot available during this stage (the super
jackpot); it moves around randomly.
- Removed some audits (super jackpot failed, completed). The mode
cannot be completed, it can only be played until the song ends.
- Added jackpot speech.
- Added super jackpot lit speech.
- Added instructions to the start display effect.
- Added instructions/status to the background display effect.
- Changed the scoring for the super jackpot. The first super
jackpot awards the total points scored during the first Crank
It Up mode played. The second super jackpot awards the total
points scored during the first Crank It Up mode played plus
the total points scored during the second Crank It Up mode
played, ... etc.
- Corrected the mode tune. The full song is now played from the
beginning, and it ends in silence.
- A ball is added when lighting the super jackpot and for scoring the
super jackpot, always.
- Added logic to shut down some rules, as this rule is not covered
under the normal multiball handling (it can be single ball play)).
- Added item collects (Cross, Electric Chair, Coffin, Snake) to light
- Added collect/continue so the mode can be ended (it does not end
normally when play goes down to single ball). Collect/continue is
only available during single ball play.
- Snake lock for 2x scoring now allowed.
- Reworked the replay effect so it is more efficient.
- Shortened the replay effect if the replay is awarded during bonus (as
a result of the bonus putting the player over the replay score).
- Inhibited the trailing "free game" speech at the end of the replay
effect if the replay effect is run immediately after bonus.
- Added small explosion sound for completing a pop bumper.
- Broke out right eject kick settings into TIME and POWER. This gives
better resolution/control over the behavior of the kick.
- Added a setting to carry over the fuel lane (piston) awards (lights)
from ball to ball.
- Changed default cross hits from 2 to 1.
- Changed default item requirements for Crank It Up from 15 to 12.
- Fixed a bug in the Blackened mode where the super jackpot light would
stay lit (blinking) after it was collected and no longer available.
- Added a custom sound previewer when changing the MODE COMPLETION SOUND
adjustment so the user can preview the sound before having to try it out
in the game.
- Implemented alternate Crank-It-Up completion sounds. The sound that
is played when "completing" a Crank-It-Up mode is controlled by a new
game-specific adjustment: "CRANK IT UP COMPL. SOUND". The sound that is
played is a new sound that is more appropriate for a Metallica game
(less fanfare-y, more metal-y).
- Game over effects are now killed when entering test mode.
- Fixed a bug in the auto-percentaged extra ball module that would
sometimes set the extra ball values (captive ball hits, combos) to an
out of range value.
- Mystery award text now expedited when the mystery award display effect
is blown off.
- Flipper blowoff for mystery locks the last frame so the player can see
- Score type changed from 32-bit to 64-bit.
- Updated to new game versioning scheme.
- "The End Of The Line" mode background lamps now higher than BLACKENED
- Fuel mode start was also scoring the first letter of "FUEL" for
lighting double scoring during "FUEL". This has been corrected.
- If all piston lights are blinking and the fuel lane target is hit
then the score value is doubled.
- Changed fuel lane scoring. Changed fuel lane "blown pistons" so a
blown piston is awarded for each light that is lit instead of only
awarding one blown piston for any number of lights lit.
- Increased the priority of the fuel lane target hit display effect
so the extra ball lit display effect would not cut it off.
- The three lights by the fuel lane are now reset when the blown pistons
- Fixed an issue with the skill shot where the 2x right lane award was
not being re-enabled on short plunges.
- Fixed an issue where fading the music volume would cause the music
to cut out entirely (bonus, game over).
- Snake multiball background display effect was not showing the correct
shot value when the super jackpots were lit. This has been corrected.
- Lowered the score for the snake multiball super jackpot.