51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11231 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I purchased a MET and TWD premiums from Melissa at Cointaker and couldnt be more happier. They work with closely with Steve at Pinball Refinary so if you want to get it pimped out without doing it yourself you can have it sent to him first to do the mods. Both Steve and Melissa are awesome people and I cant say enough good things about them. You wont be disappointed. I plan on doing a review soon but I am waiting to install a few more mods first.
I love my MET premium and TWD. I had Steve do some small mods and I add did a shit ton more. I added a smaller hammer. I see where some people say the stock hammer blocks your view but with the hammer I have is the perfect size. I love it.

What are those rails with the lightning bolt images for on your game? I've seen them on several MET's but I can't figure out what they are.

3 weeks later
#11385 6 years ago

I just picked up a MET prem this weekend. I have maybe only put a handful of games on it at shows and didn't have time to play it much this weekend.
Couple of questions from the lil bit of time I played yesterday:

What do the red/blue changing inserts mean?
What are the amber snake inserts for?
What are the cross inserts for?
I noticed when shooting the orbits, many times the shot gets blocked by that post that sticks up behind Sparky. Is that normal?
Is there a way to tone down the shaker? When Sparky gets zapped and the hammer strikes, the shaker is a bit too strong and rattles a bit.

#11388 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Holy crap dude, read the rules of the game. It would take forever to explain your questions without bringing up 5 other rules pertaining to the system.
http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the link.

#11405 6 years ago

Was playing tonight and the hammer magnet didn't seem to be working. The hammer was also making some phantom hits. I jiggled some wires and seemed to work after that. What us the usual cause of the hammer not to function properly?

#11418 6 years ago

Anyone have their slings activate when flipper buttons are pushed?

#11420 6 years ago

I'll try that. Thanks

#11433 6 years ago

I'm looking for the snake body mod for prem/le. All I can find is the sticker. Can you still get the plastic piece?

#11436 6 years ago

Odd. I searched yesterday and somehow got on a pingraffix.wixsite.com something or other. Didn't see it there.
Thanks!

#11452 6 years ago

Have had MET for a week. I've got the basics down pretty good. It's a blast to play!

#11484 6 years ago

I ordered the mezel mod orange/blue sparky helmet mod. It says to connect the 2pin spotlight wire to the jumper harness on the end of the mod. Am i missing something here? It didnt come with a jumper harness. The end of the mod has a socket and led atrached. (Pic). How do i connect this or did i get the wrong thing? (For a met premium)

20170826_134459 (resized).jpg20170826_134459 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#11540 6 years ago

Should the hammer magnet catch a faster moving ball? Mine needs an indirect shot or a slow rollover to catch it.

3 weeks later
#11702 6 years ago

How often do y'all get a second, third...CIU mode? I can usually get one but I've never gotten a second in o e game?

1 week later
#11743 6 years ago

I watched the tutorial. I think I know how to get the hurry ups, but what exactly do they give you?

#11745 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Collecting the hurry ups lock the inserts on for that particular shot. So for the rest of the game when you hit the shot with the locked on inserts you collect one of each item. It really speeds up the process of getting to Crank It Up.

That's what I thought. Now to keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage. lol.

1 month later
#12064 6 years ago

I always forget how to light and collect the ciu hurry up inserts.

2 weeks later
#12166 6 years ago

Holy f***

3 weeks later
#12297 6 years ago

I need to tame down my shaker. Seems lime it has gotten stronger and rattles the shit out of the game

1 month later
#12650 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Both are better than Spidey IMO. I just sold my Met pro and Spidey. Spidey won’t be coming back. I sold Met pro to fund an LE. Just need to find one now....
I decided I loved the game and wanted the best one out there. It’s a game that I’d likely never get rid of.
I used to argue that Met pro was better. The hammer blocks the view. Blah blah blah. Fact is, the hammer is cool as shit. The light show. The snake jaw. The rising cross. I want it all. I want the game the way it was designed.
To each their own. Pro and premium/LE are both amazing games.

+1. I played the Pro and it didn't do it for me. Played the Prem and had to have one immediately.

1 week later
#12806 6 years ago

I've heard the jack fuckin pot a few times. Not sure what I did to get it

#12895 6 years ago

Don't know how you remember all that. Crikey. I played a bit tonight trying to light the inserts to make it easier to get ciu. I suck. Can never keep it in play long enough to capitalize on it. Some nights it's just drain city.

1 week later
#12970 6 years ago

Mine has been kicking my ass lately. I think someone put industrial strength magnets in my outlanes.

2 weeks later
#13156 6 years ago

I just hit flashing lights and rack up points.

#13160 6 years ago

I had some decent games yesterday, but went through a bad streak for a while. I swear someone snuck in and installed lightning flippers on me.

I managed a Jack Fucking Pot! yesterday. Love that callout.

2 weeks later
#13298 5 years ago

Is there a shaker control in the menu? (Premium)
Mine rattles the hell out of the game. Tried some cushion under it and tightened it down . Slight better but still annoying.
I'd like to.tone the shake down a bit.

2 weeks later
#13374 5 years ago

My left sparky spotlight bulb came out. I cannot find the f'ing thing anywhere.

1 week later
#13398 5 years ago

I'll try that.....if I can ever find the bulb that popped out.....grrrrrrr.

#13466 5 years ago

Snake ate my bulb. Don't know how it got all the way down there. I don't know how to get it out without yaki g the whole mech off, which I really don't want to do. Snake is working fine.

20180523_220715 (resized).jpg20180523_220715 (resized).jpg

#13476 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This may sound stupid but that looks very much like the snake eject mod that someone put on the game.

There is a green light mounted under the playfield that lights up the snake.

#13481 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Wrap tape around your finger tip, but with sticky side out. Then stick your finger in the snake mouth.
Or fish a long piece of tape into the mouth and press it against the bulb. Pull tape out along with bulb.
Rob

I don't think that is going to work, but I will give it a try. It looks like it's sitting underneath some metal that won't let it come out that way.

1 month later
#13687 5 years ago

My Sparky either doesn't/or just barely shakes his head when getting electrocuted. Any ideas?

#13693 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.

#13695 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Agree. Check the little finger/tab on the bracket. It needs to be slightly bent but the sparky action bends it over time. I posted pics years ago showing the difference between a new one and the one i took outta my game.

Does this look correct? Was working fine in coil test with playfield up then I put it back down and it stopped working
20180629_150841 (resized).jpg20180629_150841 (resized).jpg20180629_150902 (resized).jpg20180629_150902 (resized).jpg

#13700 5 years ago

Think I got it. Thanks fellas. Put a little piece of sticky foam back there and test now works with playfield down.
Should I keep the foam there or try bending something? I don't want to break anything.

#13703 5 years ago

Thank you for digging up that post.

1 month later
#13944 5 years ago

I always worry about frying my magnet as sometimes it takes me a while to hit that 2nd ball up there.

1 week later
#14016 5 years ago

Dumb question...

How often do you change this style battery? Same timeframe as AA's from other machines?

#14018 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lithium coin batteries are good for about 5-10 years

Figured. Alert just popped up on my pinside email that I need to change batteries which is what made me think of it. I guess if it's the original battery, it couldn't hurt to replace it?

3 weeks later
#14148 5 years ago

I unplugged my shaker. Couldn't tame it down enough to where it wouldn't rattle the game too much. Don't really miss it.

1 month later
#14592 5 years ago

I still don't know what to specifically to shoot for in the different CIU modes. I just go for the main cash out shots then shoot anything that is lit up.

#14596 5 years ago

I haven't played mine for a while and was trying to explain the rules the other day about lighting/locking in the hurry up inserts to help advance to CIU. I can't remember how to get them started/flashing.

#14603 5 years ago

I think I was forgetting the part about the red arrow. I was hitting sparky to try and light that insert somewhere but nothing was happening. I will pay attention to the arrow.

#14615 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

All of the main shots (Left and right orbit, both ramps and crosses) have 3 inserts below their red arrow insert, one for the electrocution switch, one for the snake and one for the cross. Shooting a main shot will light the red arrow insert, then shooting sparky, the snake or the cross will light the corresponding insert below the red arrow. Once all 3 are lit below one of shots it will start flashing, shooting that shot will then start the hurry up and finally shooting the coffin captive ball will award the hurry up and 'lock in' that shot. Subsequent shots to that spot will award 1 snake, 1 sparky and one cross to your CIU count.
Easier to explain with an example... shoot the right ramp, your red arrow will now be lit in front if it, now shoot the snake, the yellow insert below the red arrow will be lit, now shoot sparky, the electrocution switch insert will now be lit below the red arrow, now shoot the crosses, your final cross insert below the red arrow will be lit. Now shoot the right ramp again to start the hurry up, now shoot the coffin captive ball and your right ramp shot is 'locked in'.
Things to keep in mind - The red arrow will move around each time you make one of the main shots. Shooting the cross will always move the arrow there until you have locked in that shot so I usually try to look in the crosses shot first. If you manage to get all of the main shots fully locked in you start another mode (Blackened?), so there is an argument to be made to not do that because when the mode ends all of your shots are reset.

I played a game or last night. Maybe I'm not seeing it right. Say I would shoot the right ramp. I would then see a red arrow light up at left ramp and grave markers. I should then try to hit one of those shots? The red arrow only stayed lit for a few seconds. Do I have to hit the shot while the arrow is lit?

#14622 5 years ago

MET is the only game I don't have any Art/Mirror blades on. Might have to look into that. Post some pics of what you have!

2 weeks later
#14866 5 years ago

I uploaded new code yesterday and got some phantom hammer hits. Not sure if related.

#14878 5 years ago

Love how the new code makes it easier to reach CIU. Too bad I always drain just as the ball save expires.

3 weeks later
#15153 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.
if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

I always plunge it with the left flipper button held and let it go all the way around and dead bounce off the left flipper right into the mystery scoop. Works 90%

1 month later
#15724 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If I want a real super skill shot I have iron maiden. That's some hard shooting there

Mostly because the plunger sucks balls.
My manual plunge has quit sending it around the upper loop.

1 month later
#16091 5 years ago

I'm happy if I crack 100mil

3 months later
#16491 4 years ago

Is there a setting to dim the back box lighting when you star a game like IMDN has?

6 months later
#17148 4 years ago

Color DMD, yes.
I unplugged my shaker.

2 years later
#19912 2 years ago
Quoted from PumpkinKing:

Anyone have the Creeping Death Powerblades Mod? Got from Pingraffiix and after install my Electric Chair Opto is going nutty! It's definitely them because when I turn the switch to the Powerblades off it's totally normal but when "on" Auto plunges and immediately thinks the Electric Chair is being hit. When I test the switches I can see the Electro Chair Opto randomly triggering. Is it possible I hooked it up wrong? Thanks!

I have them and don't have that issue

2 weeks later
#19994 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

If you hold the left flipper button in when shooting the ball it lowers the post and makes every switch a super skill shot (At least it does on mine anyway. I assume that applies to all of them)

And if you let it dead bounce, it'll go in the scoop every time.

1 month later
#20129 1 year ago

Was having some trouble having the coffin magnet catch balls the other day. It had to be a soft rolling shot over it. Does changing the stock block metal target behind it help?

2 months later
#20375 1 year ago

Having an issue with my coffin lock eject. The ball keeps getting stuck on top of the plunger when it's trying to eject a ball. Not sure if it's not going down all the way or coming back up too quickly? Anything I should look for?

#20382 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ck for magnetized balls.

Balls seemed fine but put new ones in anyway. 1st test, the coffin lock eject worked. 2nd test had the same issue. Ball gets stuck on top of the post and the game stops trying to eject them. I noticed that the magnet slams back up really hard after locking a ball. Is that normal?

#20384 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Kind of a long shot, but is there any sort of dirt or debris in there? All of my problems in the coffin lock have stemmed from magnitized balls, But you took care of that.

Anything look off here?

20221001_114115 (resized).jpg20221001_114115 (resized).jpg20221001_114129 (resized).jpg20221001_114129 (resized).jpg20221001_114411 (resized).jpg20221001_114411 (resized).jpg20221001_115215 (resized).jpg20221001_115215 (resized).jpg20221001_115529 (resized).jpg20221001_115529 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#20640 1 year ago

I vaguely remember hearing that if you get through all the CIU's, that you are awarded a bonus song. Is that right?

5 months later
#21063 9 months ago

Thanks to La4s for unlocking End of the Line on my game...and also for putting up an unbeatable score.
Jerk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.