51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippermagician.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7694 7 years ago

Thought I would be in the club by now but my NIB premium appears to be lost, at least for now. I'm remaining optimistic, cuz, how do you lose a pinball machine right?

It shipped July 5th and made it to Los Angeles on the 7th, but hasn't moved since. I was getting some misinformation from R+L Carriers earlier in the week and finally got it out of them that they are "having trouble locating it" Hopefully JJ can light some fire under their asses because now he is sold out again, so if they don't find it I may be SOL for a bit...

#7764 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Thought I would be in the club by now but my NIB premium appears to be lost, at least for now. I'm remaining optimistic, cuz, how do you lose a pinball machine right?

It shipped July 5th and made it to Los Angeles on the 7th, but hasn't moved since. I was getting some misinformation from R+L Carriers earlier in the week and finally got it out of them that they are "having trouble locating it" Hopefully JJ can light some fire under their asses because now he is sold out again, so if they don't find it I may be SOL for a bit...

Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. That blows.
Keep us updated as to what happened.
That is way to long to sit at one terminal.

So I just got off the phone with RL Carriers again, the rep had me on hold for about 5 minutes while she called the terminal. Apparently the delivery terminal still hasn't received the machine, it's in limbo between them and LAX.... Might lose my mind if I have to go another weekend without, had the house all to myself this past weekend with no new game to geek out on. Hoping for better news tomorrow!

2 weeks later
#8018 7 years ago

I ordered a premium, and it was lost in transit. (Though R+L Carriers has yet to admit defeat and start the claim process) Wanted to update my situation with better news like a pic of it in my game room, but I've lost all hope it will be found. Shit, it will be 30 days since it shipped this Friday....

I've been toying with the idea of downgrading to a pro since I believe JJ has them in stock, but keep thinking about exactly what WJxxxx posted above and just can't do it. I'm now left waiting for his next shipment of premiums, hopefully that is soon as I'm jonesing to get my hands on this thing! And I hope they had plenty of playfields on hand before all this ghosting crap started, that has me a bit worried about a newer one as well.

Anyway thanks for listening, feels good to get it out. You guys are now my lost pinball machine support group whether you like it or not!

#8022 7 years ago

Tracking indicates it made it to Los Angeles, RL says it never made it to their delivery terminal there from LAX. All they've done is request additional dock checks again and again, and again. Could just be sitting in a corner somewhere with no paperwork, could have been placed onto the wrong truck and was delivered to the wrong place (in which case someone seems to have kept it for themselves) etc. etc. Who knows, definitely not RL Carriers.

#8034 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it time you put your foot down and demanded action or your going to get your lawyer involved. This has gone on long enough.

Indeed this has gone on long enough but making petty threats just isn't my style, not that I have a lawyer in the first place. I'm a customer service manager myself so I tend to be as polite as possible when dealing with the people trying to help me. I deal with enough assholes and their crazy demands I'm not about to become one of them.

I'd probably be a little more impatient if my distributor had any Metallica Premiums in stock, but they don't so I'm simply left waiting until they receive more from Stern. The lost shipment is between them and the shipping company, there's really nothing I can do to speed up the process. Or maybe I'm just too laid back to get worked up over something that doesn't have an immediate fix.

#8036 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

how long have you been waiting for the game? When did you first put your money down on it?

I actually put a deposit on Ghostbusters Premium back in March, then switched to Metallica when I heard JJ had some on the way and GB was being delayed. GB wasn't grabbing me like I thought it would anyway and I've wanted Metallica since the release, also wanted to get in on one before they stop making them. So technically I hadn't been waiting that long for Metallica, was only about a week and a half between the switch, final payment and shipment.

3 months later
#8847 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Quoting myself for reference here since it's been so long, still wonder what ever happened to this machine.. Anyway as most are already aware, Stern is finally building more Metallica Premium so good news for me and others that want to pick one up.

My replacement is shipping today! Should be officially in the club next week, I wonder how thick the layer of dust is on the colorDMD I bought 5 months ago?

#8849 7 years ago

Vanished, there was tracking and I checked with RL Carriers frequently before giving up hope. It made it to LAX but RL's delivery terminal there never received it, and that was that. I'm still amazed.

#8852 7 years ago

Yeah I know, in some way shape or form definitely stolen. It had to make it into the back of someones truck it didn't belong to without the proper paperwork being filed...dirtbags! RL carriers even told me they call around to all destinations that could have possibly received it in error, so someone could have easily just told them "pinball machine? nope haven't seen it" (while watching someone load it up to take home as quickly as possible)

1 week later
#8868 7 years ago

Finally! They didn't lose it this time! Delivered yesterday and had to wait 5 hours for help setting up, but that did give me a chance to clean up the gameroom a little bit. Couldn't be bothered with installing the color DMD last night since I've been waiting 5 months to play, but will be upgrading the display tonight. Stoked!

IMG_1701 (resized).JPGIMG_1701 (resized).JPG

IMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1709 (resized).JPG

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

#8876 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

And...never been so happy to see someone get their machine. Been a long fvckin road. Fry that bastard.

Thanks man, and all the other thumb uppers as well, I believe I said you were my lost machine support group and wasn't kidding. Some of the excitement was lost in the process, but it was well worth the wait. Game plays flawlessly out of the box, which actually surprised me after reading about others experiences.

I will definitely be changing out some if not all of the GI though, too fu*kin bright for my taste. I believe I have enough of the same leds in frosted on hand to make that happen. Also not crazy about the red/blue mixture in some spots, particularly the slings and inlanes so I'll be fiddling with that as well. I know these are there so the lighting can go all blue or red for certain modes, but it just looks wonky to me at all other times.

I'm open to ideas as to what others have done here, I can't be the only one.

#8882 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

First thing to do before changing bulbs out is to just play with the GI intensity setting. Dimming it a little bit may get you where you want.

I looked for that setting the other night but I do believe I was drunk Where might I find this? (I'll check the manual if I don't see it here first)

#8884 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's easy to miss as you would think it would be in the standard adjustments. It's actually in the feature adjustments and is the last one (number 136).

Thanks, you prompted me to do a quick google search which coincidentally brought me to a Pinside thread, specifically this post by you. So I went into feature adjustments and went backwards and there it was. Reading through that thread I'm guessing not a lot of people even know this in an option, I didn't. It was preset at 50, I turned it down to 20 and it's MUCH better. Thanks again!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-led-brightness-adjsutable-on-star-trek#post-2354144

2 weeks later
#8979 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Do you know who sells the extended protector? I saw a guy on here was making them but he don't have them anymore.

Pinbits. I don't have it, but thinking about it.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=630&zenid=7303c06b0f747191d12df812953b44a7

1 week later
#9027 7 years ago

Questions for those that have Mezel Mods cemetery arch and/or hammer LED. Is it possible to swap the red for blue in the arch? If I buy the blue hammer LED is it interchangeable with the LED in the arch?

I was thinking that since the game goes blue for grave marker multiball it would look better if the cemetery arch matched, maybe red looks better since it contrasts? I dunno, maybe I'm better off without either, but gotta get the fangs.

3 weeks later
#9173 7 years ago

That's definitely cool for those that already have the snake mod. For me though, just glad I never bought the mod in the first place. Never would have thought about it blocking the rollover lights.

I had all kinds of mods planned while waiting for my game and have yet to buy a single one. The more I play the game the less I feel the need for more trinkets, still considering a couple though so we'll see.

1 week later
#9383 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Just got my Metallica premium monsters new in box opened it and started putting all the protectors on and noticed this label on my play field has anyone seen this before?

Mine has the exact sticker except it says (#386 of 350) weird.

1 year later
#14415 5 years ago

Life size Sparky!

#14422 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously laughing out loud!!!!

Me too! He's probably hamming it up a bit but I don't care it's still funny as hell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 25.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippermagician.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=flippermagician and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.