Topic Stats

• 17,303 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
1183c80de8b33a347cfdd7b7e6abcb67ae96f0b4 (resized).jpg
166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just got mine today and I am LOVING it! I know it's the honeymoon phase, but I can tell after just a few games I like it already. I didn't have this feeling with X-Men so maybe Metallica will have the staying power for me. I'm already experimenting with LEDs.

Grats cleland! Game looks sweet! Wish I could bribe you with some beer and was just a tad bit closer

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Some other LED shots of my game - with mirrors fitted an hour ago as well.
I have a shaker installed and I reckon it shakes more in the newer code - I COULD be wrong?

Nice job! Looks great!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks! I wish you were closer too as I always like Beer, especially IPA.

Ever have Firestone IPA? Yum!
Alright, where in LA are you? If your more on the north east side I'm gonna have to think about it

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Thats good beer! Have you tried the DBA and the 805? Firestone and Lagunitas- two of Californias finest products!!

firestone DBA is my favorite beer!!!
I like to make my own Black and Tans from time to time with Guinness and DBA. For some reason, when I drink that; high scores get crushed!

1 year later
#812 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Holy **** awesome!
REALLY crappy day. Finally headed down to play a game. No restarts, just one game. Nearly doubled my high score. Finished Blackened and Battery. First time collecting all band members then completing Four Horsemen. Really fun machine.

image-461.jpg 240 KB

image-351.jpg 214 KB

image-587.jpg 201 KB

Very cool. Is four horsemen song in the game?

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

just put in a pinnovator headphone jack. a must imho! the sound is superb. I thought it was good on my ac/dc but on the Met its even better!!!

what headphones do you use?

I had a $300 pair (forgot the brand) that is built for extra bass and it sounded bitchin! but the headphones were over the ears and closed and i broke out in a sweat after 5 mins of use so i returned them and got Senhheiser over ear 'open'. Not good on the bass sounds but at least my head and ears get ventilation. Im on the hunt for another pair that is both cool on the ears and head, but provides superb bass.

#851 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Great, thanks. I think if my 8 year old son were playing he would be more into the play than listening to the lyrics in background music and my 5 year old daughter the same. Have some local collectors I know who own Met and will go play their games before I decide to purchase.

You won't notice the lyrics, your kids won't notice the lyrics, but your wife will! Lol. Wives have supersonic lyrical echo like hearing when it comes to that sort of thing. That said, I wouldn't sweat it too much - and get a pin pac headset system so you can put it on adult setting and out the headphones on.

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wives have supersonic lyrical echo like hearing when it comes to that sort of thing.

For example, I had Hollywood undead playing and for some reason my wife thought that was unsuitable for our 1 1/2 year old. So we put on the frozen soundtrack....again.....hey, if your wife finds the music unsuitable in Metallica, you can just use the pinball browser and put the frozen music in! Now your stylin.

#875 5 years ago

Does anyone know what pitch papa uses? Their videos always seemed to he inclined crazy Yancy-like.

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I played MET at the Nwest pinball show right after it was released and I thought it was ok, but with the new coding the game is over the top. MET is an easy top 5 game in my book now!
(pic is my daughter and I at the show in 2013)

image-668.jpg 119 KB

You know, for some reason I always imagined you'd look a little more like your avatar....but I can see the resemblence
Thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#893 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

1 every 3 to 4 times the ball gets stuck on the Sparkey magnet after multiball starts. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I can Nudge it off, other times I have to hit it with a different ball.

Are they the factory balls? Try pinball life's glossy ones.

#921 5 years ago

Hey guys, I'm late to the party but here nonetheless couple quick questions:

1. How do you lite the S&D shot. I understand how to collect it with the captive hurry up, I just don't know how the darn shot lights in the first place

2. What's with the blue arrow after making a shot? I tried making the same shot over and over on the blue lit shot but didn't notice anything. Maybe I'm blind?

3. Pinball browser question: started tinkering with it so I can get unforgiven and sad but true out of the game. I pretty much replaced the songs in the browser and changed the text , but tryin to mustard up the gonads to actually upload the .bin file into my 6500 game lol! Any surprises or any tips I need to know before doing the upload? Or is it as easy as it seems. And yes, I am reading the pinball browser threads but figured I'd throw this in while I do more research.

TIA,
SKB

#923 5 years ago

Cool thanks! Will give it a try tomorrow.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Currently enjoying No Remorse as a nice replacement for Unforgiven. Sad But True is all of a sudden "Pulling Teeth" into "Whiplash". Now that's a Multiball song!
No worries with loading these BIN's.

Nice choice of songs! Im probably gonna go a bit friendlier with my songs to please the wife and kid. Unforgiven > Sanitarium (wife favorite since she works in a looney bin lol). And Sad But True > Wherever I may Roam. Figured i'd keep the snake mb attached to a black album song.

Im also thinking of taking out Ride the Lighting - blasphemy i know! RTL is one of my favorite metallica songs but i just havent been able to get into it while playing the pin - The starting point during sparky mb seems out of place to me. Thinking of switching it to The Judas Kiss and keep sparky mb to play creeping death all the time.

Thanks for the assurance on the BIN file; it just seemed too easy to replace the songs; it would seem that mustering up the gonads to actually load the the .BIN file is the hardest part about pinball browser lol. I'll probably do it this weekend.

#939 5 years ago

So I changed 3 songs using pinball browser. Overall was pretty easy. Question though, what song plays at the end of the game? I thought it was fade to black, but I'm thinking it was unforgiven cause I changed that one with sanitarium and it plays sanitarium at the end now and doesn't quite sound right cause it's hacked in. But I could of swore fade to black played at the end of a game?

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Unforgiven plays at the end.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Sanitarium just does not fit well in unforgivens slot nor is it a very good pinball song. I'll probably try Orion or the thing that should not be this weekend. That said, the judas kiss rocks for pinball background music and wherever I may roam fits perfect for snake mb; not so much for the background though because of its waypoint spots - but worth the change over sad but true.

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Shortest Straw works great in Unforgiven's spot. Sounds great at the end of the game, too.

Don MET.jpeg 238 KB

Thanks for the tip! I love that song so may give it a shot

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok Im a noob at this with the Pinball browser, but if you are saying what you are saying, holy chit!!! I wont be a noob for long(after I get back home from working overseas) Whiplash with the Pulling teeth intro is absolutely my favorite Metallica song(s) of all time. Does it just drop right in or is there a lot of work to be done?

For the most part, pinball browser is easy. The hardest part is getting the sound levels right but even that isnt too difficult. here's some tips and tricks to help out the process:

1. Go to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser
2. download pinball browser from the OP's link and his suggested Audacity program for music editing.
3. Get the song you want to import into a .wav format. Tip: If you use iTunes, you can convert .aac (itunes) files to .wav in itunes! In iTunes - Go to Edit > Preferences. Click General > then click Import Settings Button. On the 'import using' change it from aac to wav and click OK to save. Then select the song you want to convert and click File > Create New Version > create as wav. Then right click your song and select find in windows explorer. You'll see two versions of the song, one is the itunes aac file and the other new wav file. Copy+Paste the wav file to your pinball browser folder or sub folder in pinball browser so you have your import/export music in a separate location than itunes.
4. Follow Dugfreez's tips in the link above from step 1 which is opening the song in Audacity and making it a 24kbps mono sound file. This is also where you can lower or raise the volume level of the song. Follow the tips though in the OP's thread above in step 1.
5. download metallicas code from sterns website and save it in a new subfolder in your pinball browser.
6. open pinball browser and open the code file. You'll see all the sound bytes, music, messages, etc... for metallica. It'll be organized in bits not verbage so its hard to know what song is which.
TIP: pinball browser has a bookmarks button and you can look for bookmarks online for metallica code and it'll automatically import bookmarks for all the songs.
7. Select the song you want to replace, click import, select your new altered song you made in audacity and select import. You'll get a warning pop up about the sound file has to be 24kpbs, just hit ok. You should be able to play the song now in pinball browser and it should be the imported one.
TIP: play your new song in pinball browser then play another factory song - you should be able to tell if your imported song will be much louder or lower than the other songs in the machine. When i imported The Judas Kiss it was super loud. I lowered the db's using Audacity to like -4 or -5 til i finally found a sweet spot.
8. Go to the 'Messages' Tab in pinball browser and search for the song you are replacing > i.e. RIDE THE LIGHTNING. Change the text to the new song. You only get 15 characters > im not sure what happens if you checkbox force to use longer text.
9. Save the new .BIN folder with a new name of some sort (dont use spaces) MET161LE for example.
10. Put it on a USB and update your game.

I may have missed a few steps but thats basically it. It takes some computer knowledge and a little tinkering but it really should only take you about 30 mins to do all that. Uploading it to your pin is the long part

I had to do mine twice because the sound level was so high on The Judas Kiss.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only song I really can't take on the pin is One. If I accidentally select that I'm going to have a shitty game.

Wow, ONE is an iconic song on so many levels. Plus, its freaking bad ass starting lady justice and hearing that double bass kick in and blow your mind. I couldnt replace that song just for that reason alone. But hey, use pinball browser! Maybe i can get to torrance sometime and help you! and when i say help i mean ill be playing shadow and telling you what to do when you have questions

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Just got the tracking info. My first NIB, a MET Premium Monsters, is due to arrive Wednesday! I've got Wednesday and Thursday off work. I can't wait!

Nice! You should call in sick Friday cause you're going to get hammered!

#962 5 years ago

Do you guys get a lot of airballs from sparky?

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for the confirmation!
Sanitarium just does not fit well in unforgivens slot nor is it a very good pinball song. I'll probably try Orion or the thing that should not be this weekend. That said, the judas kiss rocks for pinball background music and wherever I may roam fits perfect for snake mb; not so much for the background though because of its waypoint spots - but worth the change over sad but true.

So I decided to go with The Call of Ktulu in Unforgivens spot. It fits very well!

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I used to get A LOT of airballs from sparky. Then I made a new plastic piece that covers the feet.
Remove the existing plastic piece, it's just one clear piece. Trace the outline and cut a new one, but don't cut out the area over the feet.
You should be able to get clear lexan at most glass shops. They may even cut the piece for you for a few bucks...
Rob

20140808_221944[1].jpg 165 KB

Nice Rob. thanks for sharing. I may tackle this project ...someday lol

Oh, and played some more games tonight. I'm definitely digging The Call of Ktulu in Unforgivens spot. I had to raise the volume db up a few notches when importing it. But it fits very well into the game.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I like the green chrome, any pics or video in a dimly lit room ?

Ya. Very nice looking topper. Pics or video installed (even on a different machine) would be nice.

#988 5 years ago

Well I made it to blackened tonight! Unfortunately I started it during RTL mb. When RTL ended I immediately transitioned into CIU. I thought about bypassing CIU, but it was my 3rd one and went for it so I didn't get to see too many blackened animations or shot rules. Nearly completed the third CIU before draining a 40+ mil JP. Ended with a GC score of 374 mil and 95 mil seek & destroy champ. Not bad after a week. This game is tough! But such a blast when you get it firing on all cylinders.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

BTW - Remember how I said you could come by and play any time? Stay off my Metallica.

Hah! If it makes you feel any better, my first 10 games prior to that one were all under 50mil

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPG 262 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 246 KB

Holy crap well done! Good to see that a lot of points can be earned in CIU. When I had my measly 300+ mil game I drained on battery CIU just before collecting and the jp was in the 50's with double scoring running so that would have been 100+, I was so pissed! ...but 300mil?!! Kudos to you!

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I cant play mine, came beat up from amazon today

IM001015.JPG 159 KB

IM001011.JPG 269 KB

Dam that sucks! Did you open the flaps and confirm cabinet damage? I usually give my delivery guy a 10 spot and we both inspect the cab before signing the paperwork.

#1004 5 years ago

That's a bummer. Good thing you didn't accept delivery. A week to ship out another new one isn't so bad. Just sucks those things happen

#1006 5 years ago

Oh I hear ya now. Good to hear.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, unboxed and set up Metallica this morning. Wow. I'll have to pull the glass back off for some pictures, but big thanks to Gio and Steve for getting me set up. Steve put it all together and it plays great, even if I don't. lol
Initial impressions, the extra few bucks in shipping and labor to have Steve put it together for me were worth it 10 times over.
I added a few things myself:
Hooked pop cap covers which fit perfectly with the Roadcase theme and look great.
I installed Pinball Refinery's backbox kit too. I was originally thinking the price was a bit steep and then I saw all the work Gio puts into them and it all made sense. Made even more sense when that thing got going during game play. As with everything else Pinball Refinery related, totally worth it.
The one mod that was a let down was the Mezel Cemetary Arch. The piece itself is really great looking, but with the added lightning effects from Pinball Refinery it wasn't fitting properly. Add to that the fact that on mine the screw hole was too small and rather than dremel it out slightly, I tried to gently work it on which caused the tab to break off. I really like how it looks though, so what I may do is take a small drill bit and put a small screw post into the arch where the tab broke off, drill a small hole in the plastic piece 1" ahead of where it's supposed to mount and this should make it so it just barely touches the plastic piece for the lightning LEDs. It's worth the hassle because it really does look great there.
Install would have been nice and easy, but with my big meat hooks it makes all this finesse work 4 times harder than it should be.
Also added the Newton ball, 3 crosses, snake fangs and Pinnovators sub kit. Which leads me to the sub, I didn't try playing it without it, but wow does it sound great with it.

Roadcase Monster.jpg 176 KB

Congrats! Love the roadcase cab with monsters translight. Speaker panel decal looks bitchin too. Sub is a must on this title. And Metallica has the best sound I've ever heard through the pinnovators headset.

#1019 5 years ago

I completed battery tonight for 8M. I dare any of you mofos to beat that! Ya you read that right, 8 million baby!

I love it when you get coffin mb then can get snake mb or grave marker mb, then complete it all with RTL mb. Had 3 of those 4 going and fuel and blackened all at the same time then hit a big JP and James screamed, 'Holy F*ckin shit!' And I lost it and drained lol

#1020 5 years ago

Question for the rules guys; if you get snake 2X scoring in mb, then get the piston 2X scoring, is that 3X or 4X pf?

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love getting Jack F'ing Pot! I have no idea how I get it!

Now that I think about it maybe jack F*cking pot was the call out I heard and my reaction was holy F*cking shit. In either case the game was going nuts and I lost all concentration and started rolling when I heard the call out

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Metallica is in the house, my first NIB! Code updated after leveling, and new shiny balls installed. I have a few mods to install but I'm taking a break. I unboxed it in the garage, moved it into house and set it up by myself. I've played half a dozen games so far and am loving it!

image-671.jpg 29 KB

Congrats!!!!!!

#1055 5 years ago

So ya. Pinball browser is addicting. Here is what I know. Unforgiven and Sad but true have to go. And even though I like ride the lightning song, it's just not agreeing with me in the pin. Plus, being able to toggle to creeping death for RTL mb is a bonus to switch out the song.

That said, I've found the call of Ktulu fits almost perfect in unforgivens spot. There's only one transition clip that sounds slightly awkward, and that's when the song is nearing an end since it's time length doesn't agree with unforgiven. Nonetheless, it makes for awesome playing music and fits great for initials and game over sequence, so it's staying.

Sad but true - I wanted to keep the snake representative of the black album and found that wherever I may roam sounds awesome when starting snake mb. Song fits very well. However, as a background song, there's a few cut clips that don't sound quite right, so the verdict is still out.

Ride the lightning > I tried a newer song - the judas kiss; love the song and actually fits pretty darn well in this spot. Problem is song length and intro are too long. I may revisit this song and cut up the intro some to get straight to the chorus faster. That said, I just tried harvester of sorrow and it sounds great for background pin playing music but because it's time length, the transition clips are too choppy and just isn't feeling right. So I'm now uploading the code with shortest straw in its spot. Straw has the exact same song length as ride the lightning so hoping it fits well.

That leaves one other song that's been bugging me and I think I jinxed myself cause I called aurich out for not liking it and that's one. Absolutely love the song during lady justice mode, but I may try another Pinsiders advice and go with 'and justice for all' in that spot. I'll report back if I do try that and will report back with how straw fits in RTLs spot.

Edit: and I don't feel right about changing the rest of the songs as they all play a primary role in the code and modes. Plus the other songs sound great for pinball - this game has taken me back to my high school Metallica love roots days lol. Love it.

Sorry for the long post; late Friday night and updating the code with these songs

#1057 5 years ago

Quick question if anyone could check for me; when your hammer locks, does the hammer stay down the whole time or does it kind of bounce up a bit then stay down? That make sense? So it hammers down bounces a hair up then stays down? I could have sworn earlier in the week when I played it just hammered down and stayed down so you couldn't see the release hole at anytime. Thoughts? Thanks

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Mine has always bounced.

Quoted from Sparky:

Here's the thing with RTL...It sucks the way they have the Sparky multiball starting 3:30ish into the song with a guitar solo...but I found a way to get it to start from the beginning, and it sounds GREAT!
Replace RTL with anything you want (I replaced it with Four Horsemen).
Replace Creeping Death with RTL. Now choose in the settings for CD (RTL) to only play during Sparky Multiball. Since the sound request for CD plays from the beginning, RTL will play from the beginning.
You lose CD, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. If you really want to keep CD, replace one of the other songs with CD to get it back in.
I've posted this before, but here's my changes:
Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
Sad But True > Am I Evil?
One > And Justice for All
RTL > Four Horsemen
CD > RTL
Changed a random match call out > my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?"
Changed a random flipper button attract call out > my daugher saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with Enter Sandman guitar riff behind her.

Hey thanks for the info! I may just try that!

#1062 5 years ago

Got it. I think I'm gonna give that a shot today. Gonna try using and justice for all in ONEs spot too as you suggested. Does the lady justice ramps still make the ONE double bass/guitar riff on made shots? I think it's a separate sound bit than the song?

#1064 5 years ago

Pinball Browser update:

Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect. Here's what I ended up with and plan to keep at least until the next code update.

Four horsemen (replaces ride the lightning) - great song and fits well for a background song.
Ride the Lightning (replaces creeping death) - brilliant idea by sparky; putting RTL here fits sparky mb soooo much better than the factory position of RTL. Great change
And Justice for All (replaces ONE) - another great recommendation from sparky. Fits perfect in lady justice mode and the ONE double bass/guitar riff still exists for the mode because it's a separate sound bit. So no more over played ONE aurich
The Call of Ktulu (replaces unforgiven) - great background song and game over sequence song. And kicks unforgiven off the song list!
Wherever I may roam (replaces sad but true) - this song fits so well for snake mb, love it.

Rest of songs remain untouched as they play too much of a role in the rest of the modes.

Couple things to note; RTL and creeping death have the exact same song length so they replace each other perfectly. The other songs, I used audacity to give the longer songs a fade out sequence in its last 5-7 secs of the song. Also, if your using the browser don't forget to edit and change the song titles in the messages tab. You can click the 'override max characters' to properly rename the new songs.

Thanks sparky for the song help!

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Glad it worked out for you! Now let's work on getting some MDM's in your METLE and ST!

MDMs? Is that your video mod? I'm actually considering it. I have ST too, just waiting to free up some funds

#1077 5 years ago

Nice! Gotta pick one up. Do you find it distracting during CIU modes when the lighting is darkened?

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pinball Browser update:
Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect. Here's what I ended up with and plan to keep at least until the next code update.
Four horsemen (replaces ride the lightning) - great song and fits well for a background song.
Ride the Lightning (replaces creeping death) - brilliant idea by sparky; putting RTL here fits sparky mb soooo much better than the factory position of RTL. Great change
And Justice for All (replaces ONE) - another great recommendation from sparky. Fits perfect in lady justice mode and the ONE double bass/guitar riff still exists for the mode because it's a separate sound bit. So no more over played ONE aurich
The Call of Ktulu (replaces unforgiven) - great background song and game over sequence song. And kicks unforgiven off the song list!
Wherever I may roam (replaces sad but true) - this song fits so well for snake mb, love it.
Rest of songs remain untouched as they play too much of a role in the rest of the modes.
Couple things to note; RTL and creeping death have the exact same song length so they replace each other perfectly. The other songs, I used audacity to give the longer songs a fade out sequence in its last 5-7 secs of the song. Also, if your using the browser don't forget to edit and change the song titles in the messages tab. You can click the 'override max characters' to properly rename the new songs.
Thanks sparky for the song help!

Another update
I decided to take and justice for all out and put ONE back in its place. It works much better for lady justice mode. I also took 4 horsemen out and replaced it with the judas kiss but edited out the first 1 1/2 mins so it starts at the good part. 4 horsemen is a better song but judas kiss is better for pinball (IMO), and it's nice to add a little of new flavor to the mix. I also took call of Ktulu out (unforgivens spot) and replaced it with harvester of sorrow. Song fits great for pinball background and has a nice touch to game over sequence.

So all in all, I have judas kiss replacing RTL. RTL replacing creeping death (thanks sparky), wherever I may roam replaces sad but true and harvester of sorrow replacing unforgiven.

I think I like this list and hope I can stick with it so I can start putting up some high scores

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

My replacement premium showed up today, too bad they put a fork in it in the warehouse, I have to wait another week for another replacement.

IM001017.JPG 45 KB

Holy shit man you got some bad luck. It's gotta be those Minnesota forklift drivers
At least they keep replacing it with no $ out of your pocket. But still stressful. Sorry to hear. Hope you get a Metallica someday

#1125 5 years ago

Haha that's awesome!

#1132 5 years ago

So found something cool about Metallica this weekend...
...The Thing that should not be ROCKS! For pinball music
And it perfectly replaces ride the lightning time wise. Exact same time length. Don't know what it is but I really don't like ride the lightning in this pin and I love that song gotta love pinball browser

#1134 5 years ago

Frayed ends of sanity is another awesome pin playing song. I replaced ONE with it but I really miss ONEs tempo an direction in lady justice mode. So I'll probably put Frayed in place of Unforgiven.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Mine finally came today, Did a little work on it already.

IMG_20140826_155757874.jpg 216 KB

IMG_20140826_155809351.jpg 219 KB

IMG_20140826_162119193_HDR.jpg 214 KB

About freakin time! Hahaha just messing. Congrats! Love that topper.

1 week later
#1165 5 years ago

I always wondered, how do you do the super skill shot and select FUEL as the song?

1 week later
#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

What are some settings/volume level people are using to get the best balance between music and callouts?

External sub. Volume around 44-46. Sound attenuation +8; music attenuation default at 0 to prevent preemptive music cuts in end of ball sequence and game over.

1 week later
#1192 5 years ago

Woop! A good game this was. Got the blackened super jackpot! What a show that is! 3 CIU modes and just needed the snake for the fourth, so close.

image.jpg

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Woop! A good game this was. Got the blackened super jackpot! What a show that is! 3 CIU modes and just needed the snake for the fourth, so close.

image.jpg 292 KB

Oh ya, and you'll notice my sparky cap fell off that game
So much shake rattle roll lol

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you get blackened super jackpot?

I don't remember but it was freaking bad ass! I think it's an accumulation of pick shots (light all 4) then hitting ramp shots or something like that. I think the jackpot scored me 20mil; can't remember it was happening so fast. I ended with a 47 mil blackened score. What I do remember is having multiball going when I started it and kicked ass in the multiball. Then, when it was just blackened I was focusing on rules. Certain ramp shots were awarding me around 350k shots, lighting all 4 pick targets seemed to give me some boost in points or something to that manner. So I was focusing on lit shots for the most part and picks when I didn't know what to shoot. Then I got MOP mb going, and a few shots later (to the picks?) I got a killer light shot and a blackened super jackpot. Can't remember if there was a call out (I'm pretty sure there was one) but the DMD showed 20 mil blackened jackpot.

1 week later
#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You should wait for final word from someone who's actually seen EotL, but I'm pretty sure you just have to play them all. Once you play one CiU mode, you can't pick it again. So, it'd be a pretty rough move to force the player to go back through them after doing the fourth one -- not unprecedented, I guess.

Sounds like something Lonnie would do to one of his games
Luckily it's Lyman

It's pretty easy to relight CIU and get out of the mode. I'll have to give EOTL a shot one day if I can ever pry my hands away from STLE

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have my music attenuation at -10 to make the music louder. But now I do notice the song just cuts very abruptly at the end of a ball...I didn't think that was normal. Is this why this is doing that Eskaybee? Maybe I should switch it the other way around with music attenuation at 0 and sounds at +10. Should have the same volume level results and might not cut the song off at the end of ball.

Ya. You gotta set music to 0 to quit that nuisance music cut out at end of ball. Hopefully Lyman is aware of this. The problem with increasing speech attenuation resistance to +10 or more and increasing overall volume for louder music is you also get louder sound effects > i.e the snake hiss. These louder sound effects started getti too annoying and I eventually just set it all back to factory (0 and 0). Not a big deal when I play with headphones as it sounds bitchin; but it would be nice to crank the music when using my external speakers and sub.

Anyone contact Lyman on this issue yet? Maybe I'll take a stab at his email, but he's probably slammed with TWD right now.

1 week later
#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'am not hearing any songs at the end of games, it does its light show and that's it.It plays the whole song of Unforgiven?

if you changed the feature adjustment "Music Attenuation", it will cut off the song at the game over sequence.

I really hope Lyman addresses this as it effects end of ball sequences also.

1 week later
#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I can vaguely explain pretty much any mode you'd like if there's any others you aren't following. I'm not 100% sure on all scoring metrics or exactly how certain jackpots build (blackened mode being the best example) but the overall goals of any given mode or multiball are pretty ingrained in my brain (I think)

Do you know how to build up the MOP mb jackpot? Whenever I get the super, I see it says jp X1. My assumption is it goes to X2, then X3, etc... For each super jackpot achieved?

I think I have sparky mb down rules wise after your precious explanation. How about A little rules explanation for coffin, snake, and MOP? Thanks

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So Metallica premiums are no longer being made. People still gobbling up what's left of them... Modern day Medieval Madness going to start climbing in value as stern keeps shitting out everything sub par to it since... Anyone agree?

Not without more code updates. Having owned my Metallica for a few months now, I see all sorts of flaws with the code. Luckily, Lyman is a kick add programmer and these issues are easily resolved with tweaking feature adjustments.

What's wrong with the code you might ask? Well, to put it bluntly, it's linear. I know, blasphemy to call a Lyman game linear, but it takes too much effort and time to get the ruleset moving. Don't get me wrong, the rules for each mode and mb appear to be classic Lyman genius ness. But it takes so long to get the ball rolling on the ruleset. There's just too much of a gap in between starting multiballs and playing modes that the game gets a little too repetitious on the side of mb's. What I did to fix this is made S&D inserts carry over ball to ball; lowered amount of shots to qualify CIU to 10 (down from 15); and lowered blackened band member qualifications to 1 (i think gotta check that).

What that does is disperses the ruleset to give more variety in less playtime. Working much better for me but besides the rules for each mode being kick ass and awesome, the ruleset is quite limited. ,

#1435 5 years ago

There's just not enough straight forward modes or things to do in the game to justifiably call CIU mini wizard modes. It's a risk/reward mode. I'm digging having some of these settings lowered. I have more to shoot for with less work involved. If I kept my game on factory, it wouldn't last long. Plus, it's not like my home game is set up easy or giving out ebs for score, special, or anything of that sort. 3 balls (sometimes +1 for coffin) and that's usually it. If I ever light the piston eb or combo eb, I know I'm having a great game.

To sum it up, with the settings lowered and the pin more brutal, it gives it more of that TRON or IM feel where there's more to do in a limited timeframe.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You obviously can do whatever you like with your game, but the last thing I want is MET feeling like Tron or IM. Tron and IM are simple games. MET isn't. It should take longer.

Ya I hear you, and I agree to an extent. But it shouldn't take you 5 mins just to start a mode (spark/gm mb excluded). Maybe I'm just getting less hardcore in my old age and want diversity without all the effort. I dunno. Gotta install that darn tourny button so I can go back and forth

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Im Thinking about switching to white rubbers, what size are the sling rubbers on MET? They look small 2"?

Ya 2"; I put white in mine everywhere except the pop bumpers area - still gotta do that (I've been lazy in the mod dept lately lol). I like the white better for this title. I tried all sorts of different colored flipper rubbers, in the end I found black was best for this title.

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I can confirm as well. It's 2 inches.
I switched all mine to the transparent ones. Love it. If you are going to white I would give the transparent a try. The way the light plays with them is really cool. They feel as bouncy as the white rubbers too.

Ive been so out of the loop (and lazy) on modding and such; where's the best place to get the transparent rubbers?

1 week later
#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yep i will make a sparky airball plastic for anyone that wants one for $5 (paypal as a gift) shipped to ya. Just need to have a USPS address (international is way to expensive). Pm me for paypal info.

Awesome!

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if there is a way to test the magnet board? I've started to get some phantom hammer hits. Never happened before about a week ago. Now I'm getting 1 every two or three games. Any thoughts?

Try changing feature adjustment #89 to no. It's been a long time since I've had any misbehavior from my hammer with this change *knock on heavy wood*

4 weeks later
#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Does anybody that has an EL wire mod on sparky have trouble keeping it stuck to his helmet? Mine keeps coming off and dangling near the pops. I put some double sided 3m tape on to try and re-enforce, but it still won't stay. I was thinking about using rubber cement next. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Gabe

Small dab of Krazy glue did the trick for me.

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Also, does anyone have a cliff notes version on the latest rules/scoring stratagies for the latest version of code?
Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: this is the cliff notes version as requested

shoot sparky for sparky mb.
shoot cross drops and cross for cross mb.
shoot snake for snake mb.
shoot hammer/captive ball for coffin mb. Note: one other mb can be started and stacked once coffin mb is started

FUEL: Hit fuel target to spell fuel and increase meter for fuel scoring. Each time you spell fuel the left piston lane shot will light for double scoring. Hit this shot while double scoring is active to restart the timer.

Lady Justice: Shoot ramps to spell METALLICA. Once started; Left/right ramp/orbit shots count towards justice mode. Alternating left - right shots increases scoring bettererer.

Lanes: Light all lanes for mystery. Repeat lanes shots before collecting mystery to increase the mystery level.

Pop Bumpers: Each bumper represents an insert on the piston lane. Shoot the left piston lane when all 3 lights are lit to blow the piston. Collect 20 for an EB.

Crank it Up: Hit snakes, crosses, coffins, elec chairs until you get CIU lit. CIU will eventually light during standard gameplay. Hit the scoop to start it.

Crank it up: Shoot flashing shots to score. Hit Cross, Snake, Coffin, Elec chair to relight CIU to get out of the mode and 'Collect' Your jackpot.

Blackened: Hit 4 standup targets a bunch of times to collect band members and eventually start blackened.

Light Seek & Destroy: Each shot has 3 identical inserts (elec chair, snake, cross). When you make a shot, the spider insert will be flashing indicating that bank of inserts is ready to be captured. With that shot's spider insert blinking; shoot the elec chair, snake, cross to light its shots inserts. Once all inserts are flashing for that particular shot, shoot it then hit the coffin to lock in that bank of inserts for remainder of game (or til S&D is started). Doing this to 5 main shots will light seek & destroy.

Seek & Destroy: Shoot the flashing shot then hit the captive ball/block.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only thing I'd add to those notes is that Coffin Multiball is the only one that stacks, something that's useful to know.

Fixed!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Disclaimer: this is the cliff notes version as requested
shoot sparky for sparky mb.
shoot cross drops and cross for cross mb.
shoot snake for snake mb.
shoot hammer/captive ball for coffin mb. Note: one other mb can be started and stacked once coffin mb is started
FUEL: Hit fuel target to spell fuel and increase meter for fuel scoring. Each time you spell fuel the left piston lane shot will light for double scoring. Hit this shot while double scoring is active to restart the timer.
Lady Justice: Shoot ramps to spell Metallica. Once started; Left/right ramp/orbit shots count towards justice mode. Alternating left - right shots increases scoring bettererer.
Lanes: Light all lanes for mystery. Repeat lanes shots before collecting mystery to increase the mystery level.
Pop Bumpers: Each bumper represents an insert on the piston lane. Shoot the left piston lane when all 3 lights are lit to blow the piston. Collect 20 for an EB.
Crank it Up: Hit snakes, crosses, coffins, elec chairs until you get CIU lit. CIU will eventually light during standard gameplay. Hit the scoop to start it.
Crank it up: Shoot flashing shots to score. Hit Cross, Snake, Coffin, Elec chair to relight CIU to get out of the mode and 'Collect' Your jackpot.
Blackened: Hit 4 standup targets a bunch of times to collect band members and eventually start blackened.
Light Seek & Destroy: Each shot has 3 identical inserts (elec chair, snake, cross). When you make a shot, the spider insert will be flashing indicating that bank of inserts is ready to be captured. With that shot's spider insert blinking; shoot the elec chair, snake, cross to light its shots inserts. Once all inserts are flashing for that particular shot, shoot it then hit the coffin to lock in that bank of inserts for remainder of game (or til S&D is started). Doing this to 5 main shots will light seek & destroy.
Seek & Destroy: Shoot the flashing shot then hit the captive ball/block.

2 weeks later
#1925 5 years ago

I must depart myself from this thread

Have fun headbangers

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can I join the club now that the check is in the mail for my pro?

Sorry but no. Do not jinx yourself! There was one guy on here that had to send his Metallica back like 3 times due to shipping damage. I only add a pin to my pinside collection and join a club once its in my gameroom and working

good luck...and congrats!

4 months later
#3595 4 years ago

Do current pro owners have decal artwork on their speakers? or is it just the new run of metallicas that got them? as seen on Sterns new factory tour video posted last night.

#3598 4 years ago

Ok thanks for clarifying. Guess I never seen any pics of one til now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside