51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3897 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwheelz:

Just got myself a Metallica Pro LED and purchased flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I was looking for those speaker acrylics that are the M from the Metallica logo. I'v seen them on a few machines on here but when I look online all i'm seeing are the ones with the "rock on" hand gestures (not a fan).
I'm assuming that M is trademarked and people are not able to recreate them. Any ideas on where I can get me a pair of those?

Anyone looking for a speaker light kit and an acrylic design that is inspired by the Metallica star logo you can send me a message through www.SpeakerLightKits.com.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

2 months later
#4480 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just traded my pro in for a NIB premium. Someone started a rumor that the new run of premiums would have metallic, foiled artwork like IMVE, that is false. Cab is identical to the pro.
First time seeing the premium translite in person. Million times better than the pro and I even like it more than the LE. image.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic. I wasn't sure if this new run of premiums was going to use the new backbox or the original one. Seems weird that Stern posted pics of the original when they announced this re-run of premiums.....though I was expecting them to probably be the new style.

1 month later
#4695 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know where I can get the DMD and speaker panel surround sticker that is on the LED version? I'd like to add that to my OG pro.

This wouldn't work. The OG panel is the wood speaker panels with square-ish speaker holes. The new panels are the metal ones with the round speaker holes.

You might first think that you could just modify the decal holes to work something out, but the speaker holes and DMD window are lower on the new panels. This would take more than a modification to work and I'm sure it would be much easier just to do a complete redesign to work on the old panels.

Here's a pic of an older style panel, lined up on top of the new panel type. You can see how the speaker holes and DMD are both quite a bit lower.

IMG_1962.jpgIMG_1962.jpg

1 week later
#4768 8 years ago

I believe all foreign shipped games get the tourney buttons included and installed from the factory (Canada anyway). US buyers have to pay $5 - $10 I believe and hook up their own. It boggles my mind when I see a newer Stern decked out with hundreds of dollars worth of mods and an ugly empty plug where the tourney button should be. Throw in a tourney button you savages!

#4771 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I wasn't aware the mode was still in the games without the button! It works?

No, I don't think it does. I believe you need to buy a button and install it.....then it works.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3214

$5.95 and you get to use the included tourney system if you choose to. The ToPs Tournament Kit used to cost hundreds of dollar($400ish I believe). Now you just have to buy a $5.95 button to get it. The ridicules part is that the button is not already included and installed in each game.

As a bonus....your game looks better having the button there that was meant to be there. Extra SUPER bonus....another blinky light!!!

#4775 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Is the button plug and play?.Do you need to solder anything?.

That seems to vary from game to game, but at the very least the wires that need to be connected to the button should be bundled together inside the cabinet under the left flipper button. I believe some games just have the wires with no ends, while others have quick connects already attached to the wires.

Quoted from bobbyt:

When the game is in attract mode just hold in both flipper buttons and the tournament mode will start, I installed a volume control button in that hole, you can control the volume without opening the coin door, works great and it is easy plug and play installation
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Competition Mode? I just turned on the tourney mode on my X-Men and hitting both flipper buttons at the same time didn't do anything. If you push and hold them both it didn't do anything. BUT if the left one was pressed and held...Competition Mode is available if the start button is pressed within a certain amount of time. If you try to press and hold both buttons at the same time and hit the left one slightly before the right one....this will also start the competition mode count down.

Competition mode and Tourney mode games are similar, but not the same. Competition mode should make the random awards the same for each player (just as a tourney game does). I believe extra balls are still awarded in Competition mode where they are not in tourney mode.

What tourney mode does that comp mode does not is allows you to set up the start and end time of the tourney. You can also set how much money goes into the prize pot for each tourney play as well as how many winners the tourney has and what type of tourney you want to have.

I haven't setup a tourney at my place for awhile, but when I did have semi regular visitors to my game room, I would set up a tourney to run each month. Whoever played a tourney game, paid me $1 a play and the game automatically added that $1 to the prize pool. At the end of the month the game listed the 3 winners and how much each of them had won. I also have some local friends that run 1 day tourneys when they have a pin party. It pretty handy and fun in these types of situations. The only thing I really with they would have done is made it so you could set a regular or comp mode game to free play, but make players have to actually coin drop in the machine to play the tourney games. This would have had the game collecting the tourney money automatically and also prevented people from hitting the tourney button by accident....or without paying.

Maybe things have changed since X-Men and maybe you can start a tourney game without the button now. My Spider-Man is running sys ver 1.58 while my X-Men is at sys ver 1.64. So I guess it's possible that Met has a newer sys ver that implemented starting a tourney game without the button installed.

5 months later
#6603 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have my met pro on order.
I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?
I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.
Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

Speaker Light Kits...

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html

with a couple of different Metallica acrylic designs available to choose from.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#6659 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Not to insult anyone, but this would be an excellent time for owners to consult their operators manual.

...but then you would have to disturb the goodie bag stapled in the cabinet. Everyone knows if the goodie bag is touched, it drops the pins value in half.

#6736 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Discovered this last night.
I don't know what to say... part of me loves it a lot, but I feel strangely bad about it haha.
» YouTube video
They have others if you dare to dig...

I just checked out their website. While looking at their past shows...I was very grateful to see they had never been in my area. I would have been kicking myself for missing them.

2 years later
#13260 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what do you think that a neat and clean solution would be worth? I'm thinking of putting together a laser cut black cardstock frame that would sit in front of the colordmd display and extend an inch outwards to act as a light blocker. this would be similar to what stern used to provide with their red LED DMD panels, but about 3x as thick to provide something a bit more rigid
a similar frame for the inside of the backbox to sandwich behind the translite and prevent light leakage from the fluorescent tube would be nice to produce as well, if I can source the materials cheap enough

Quoted from Raegor:

I think a 3d printed black molded spacer around the area would sell.
I'd buy one

I believe I read a pinsider is working on a drop in and go solution for this purpose.

4 months later
#14113 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Same with mine, noticed after I swapped some songs out and it annoys the heck out of me.

If you added your own songs with PinballBrowser....you sometimes have to adjust the volume of them before importing them into the code. I made a tutorial on balancing the volume on added song a few years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser

On the MET code I found that I needed all of the songs I added to be as loud as they could be (before distortion of course) to match the factory songs. When it was all said and done all of the songs I added matched the original factory songs quite closely in volume. Make sure you make it to my second post describing how to use the compression feature in the sound software to match the imported songs as close to the original songs as possible.

I hope this helps,

Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)

1 year later
#17298 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Pictures above are original wood speaker panels. Do these fit the new style speaker panel with round holes?

They should fit fine on the grills in the round speaker holes, but I'm not sure if they come on any of the round hole panels originally.

The trick on adding them to a new speaker grill would be deciding where to put the mounting holes in the grills. If you had someones originals it would be easy enough....just doing it yourself from scratch probably wouldn't be to bad either depending on how particular you were to having them placed and angled like the originals. I think the most important thing would be to make sure you have the same hole placement on each of the grills so they at least match each other.

#17300 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

All good, found the original grill with the correct holes for these. Now on to selling the acrylic ones and get some lights behind the speakers[quoted image]

Now those acrylic designs (you have pictured) WOULD NOT look right behind the round speaker holes. They were cut before they released MET with a round hole speaker panel. If you would mount them behind the round holes you would see the red frames poking out at the top, left and right sides of each round speaker hole. Just something to keep in mind if you are selling them.

Revised versions of all of the acrylic designs that I sell have been done when a "round holed" speaker version of the games were released (AC/DC, Iron Man, Metallica, Spider-Man)....with the only exception being my Black Spider-Man design as there was no good way to make a single design that looked correct in both the original square speaker hole and the vault round ones. As you can see on these revised designs...the frame is cut away on the inside edges so it is not seen around the round speaker holes when mounted. This change was done as soon as each games round speaker holed version was announced, so no one needs to specify or be concerned with anything when ordering.

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPGRevised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
#17304 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for the great info. These have been pulled from a MET MOPLE which has square speakers as I didn’t see any of the border until they were removed. The lightning one looks really cool, I assume for an AC/DC?

Yeah, I have red and / or blue lightning bolt designs (along with others) suitable for AC/DC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.