Topic Stats

• 16,937 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Jimmyhonda
  • Topic is favorited by 362 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg
396E8D10-4B48-4BD2-A390-8A60353B8740 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9556.JPG
IMG_9555.JPG
IMG_9559.JPG
944ED964-8F82-404F-A095-CAB0DCD9383D (resized).jpeg
7FA19559-CBD0-4C75-857C-09E37563B632 (resized).jpeg
20191127_173238 (resized).jpg
IMG_4838 (resized).JPG
20191102_232801 (resized).jpg
B37D4A93-7389-4E67-89C1-E0CA273E05D7 (resized).jpeg
867D6ECA-1374-4625-8C81-8D285482D93F (resized).jpeg
9AD0BED3-F233-40F4-946D-148F96BA06F9 (resized).jpeg
2E26B847-FAFD-43C3-AB6B-9C6A6468FDC3 (resized).jpeg
21D28BDA-F70F-4819-A77F-6F29E95BA5C6 (resized).jpeg
AE54BDEC-98AA-4CC8-9BBD-0FBE9ACB53EF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I am a member! Met Pro LED just arrived...

Post some pics
Congrats

#2640 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Looks like I will have to wait until after Stern's move for the next run of Met Pro's to get mine. Congrats to those that are getting yours now.

Did you check with JJ at GEX ?

#2700 4 years ago

Look what showed up today!
I'm in the club

IMG_0753.JPG IMG_0758.JPG
#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

That was fast!

Very fast! Shipped Wednesday and in my gameroom less than 48 hours later.
Game was built April 8.... talk about that new game smell!

#2735 4 years ago

Can someone post a picture of Rickwh's sparky protector installed?
Thanks

#2752 4 years ago

Anyone have any links to custom score cards?

#2765 4 years ago

Thanks, I have a hard time reading the font on those cards. The black bats with yellow flipper rubbers on your game look sweet.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I got my game today! Looking forward to setting it up tonight after work. Had to wait a few extra days as the shipping truck broke down.

Congrats Mark.... your going to love it!
Mine arrive last Friday.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - loving the game. Glad you are enjoying yours too. We will have to meet sometime.

Sounds good.

#3032 4 years ago

Anyone know where to find the "mantis" style mystery hole protector?

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Email him. I did and he said he was working on one - I really want one sooner than later so you emailing might encourage him that there is a market. Mine is showing a tiny tiny bit of wear so I'm getting concerned.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/

Will do
Thanks

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I installed this one. Not Mantis, but similar in design. I had one on my Star Trek Pro and it did well on route. Also installed it on my AC/DC Prem.
ebay.com link ยป Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

Thanks, that's what I was looking for

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Rick you are a kind man for making these by hand for the price. I appreciate it and so does my met

+1
Great work Rick on the sparky protectors at a more than fair price.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

I decided to order mine today. Only problem. I have to wait until I come back from vacation to get it. Gonna be a long wait but time to get what I need. I already have the sparky protector. I need to order the cliffy for the mystery scoop. I was going to get leg protectors but was told the new Sterns don't need them, is that true? I need to get a magnet protector too, right? What else do I NEED to get before I push start? I have a list of WANT items, but I need to start with the protection items first. I appreciate your input.

The most important thing to do before pressing start is throw away the balls that Stern sends you and replace with quality ones!

#3186 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra Metallica keychain laying around? Want to sell or trade?
The new pro's didn't come with one.

1 week later
#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

"

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where did you get the coin door decal?
Looks sweet!

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

looks like Aurich made them up

Thanks

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Pinsider was dito. Maybe PM him. I found the thread and posted on it so you guys could find it. I don't know how to send a link to a thread.
Thread is called Metallica pinball brushed aluminum coin door decal.

Thanks
I sent dito a PM

1 month later
#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Want to join the club. What's a fair price for NIB on the pro LED?

Three good choices to call are:

JJ @ Game Exchange Colorado
Cointaker
Trent @ Tilt

Great game!

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wonder what the difference is

Sorry.... couldn't resist

2 weeks later
#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its just little tweaks, I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read the changes. I'm still very happy they're honing the game to perfection!

Seek & Destroy mode has been changed so it now awards 1 cross,
1 snake, and 1 electric chair each time one of the main shots (left
loop, cross lane, left ramp, right ramp, right loop) is made when
lit. This allows progress towards lighting "Crank It Up" during
Seek & Destroy. This rule change also solves the problem of not
being able to light the snake to collect SNAKE letters during
Seek & Destroy, since only a shot on the playfield would allow this.
- Boosted Seek & Destroy scores from 750k to 1M (seek shot) and 375k
to 500k (regular shot).

* This is actually a big deal*
Awesome game just got better!

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

While I still love my IM, after digging into the Ruleset (thanks Aurich for linking to the great write up), Metallica has become my favorite Stern.
May be trading my favorite pin of all time (my immaculate TZ) for a MOPLE. I never saw this coming. Metallica is a hell of a game. And I don't even care for the band that much!

I sold my TZ to make room for Metallica and haven't looked back!

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Help please. Anyone here have a Met pro LED with a color DMD installed? Would you be willing to post/send me pictures of the backside of the display. Thanks!

Does this help?
http://colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

2 weeks later
#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Curious....anyone know what the default setting is for the sling strength? Or what people have set theirs at? I know the snake & mystery scoop strength can be adjusted as well. I'm just curious if I should turn mine up. I don't want them too strong that they might do potential damage.

If I remember... default is 32? I have mine turned down to 20 which feels perfect to me. Default was too strong.

5 months later
#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

We bought bought our Met at the same time...

pm sent

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

1452011103400175252026_(resized).jpg
Man, want to hook up Pin Sub kit from Pinnovators and not sure what these big white boxes are, and looks like my subwoofer wires ( black and red wires) on the left coming out of the "power" plug. Shouldn't they be plugged into the " audio" plug on the board? What is this contraption here, and how do I get Lorenzo's sub kit hooked up? Thanks

http://pinnovators.com/manuals/PINsub_Installation_Manual_Version_1p2.pdf

3 months later
#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just curious, why do people say "LED Pro"? There's no meaningful difference between the original MET and the one with LEDs. Should I feel shame for having an "Incandescent Pro" that I've converted to LEDs?

Cabinet back box is metal on the LED pro vs. wood on the 2013

1 week later
#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just ordered the colordmd for my premium.
Also noticed new update as well. Anything to be aware of on the installation? What settings should be set at, isn't there different options? If so what the best settings?

Installation is pretty straight forward on sam. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.
Some people like the Hires and others like the dots. I have mine set on dotxl with factory contrast and backlight.
Play around with it and see what you like best.

http://colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SAM%20Rev3.PDF

3 weeks later
#7136 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Just got home and checked the magnet it seems to be a little high. I'm going to work on trying to get it flush this weekend. I know with a Cliffy I will no longer see it, but the fact that it is HUO and I'm the original owner kinda rubs me the wrong way. I have older Sterns with more plays and no wear, as well as newer Stern with no wear. also my head decals are falling off. So to have payed as much as someone with none of these issues seems a little wrong not just no big deal.

I had to replace my head decals as well... not a hard job at all. I used the "wet" method using rapid tac and it came out great with no air bubbles. Contact your distributor and they should be able to get Stern to send you new decals.

http://rapidtac.com/rapidtac.html

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you again everyone. Head decals are being sent out to me. I watched a video about the magnet adjustment , so I think I should ok. With the wet method for the decals did you use a squeegee or something else? I also did not know the sickness of this hobby could be so strong. Collection was only going to be a couple at first. Many learning curves to owning and trying to fix stuff

Small squeegee to get the rapid tac out. Or, I have seen someone use a credit card wrapped with a tee shirt so the decals don't get scratched.

1 month later
#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok guys...my led in my left spotlight keeps coming out mid-game. Can I put a small amount of glue on side of led to prevent this ? If not, how do I fix ? Like the 4th time its happened. Not a big deal ; just annoying.

Bend the two wires out and put a small cut down piece of electrical tape around the base. Bend wires back and reinstall.

#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well that figures. My Titan clears 2" set just arrived. Couple months ya say ?

I hade the 2" clear titan's on mine and they lasted over 6 months till they split at the post. Replaced with 2 1/2 inch and all is fine.
Put the 2's on till you get the others.

5 months later
#9193 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Is there some sort of cliffy to put where the ball drains so it doesn't chip? Or should I just use mylar?

Yes.... It's basically the TZ gumball edge protector. Tell Cliff you want a Stern ball drain hole protector.
Works great, I just installed one on a Met.

1 week later
#9423 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Looks like LCD DMD correct? What settings?

LCD set on scan

2 weeks later
#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for someone who has never waxed a playfield - any tips?

A little goes a long way.
Less is more...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mccordsville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside