Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2701 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Look what showed up today!
I'm in the club

IMG_0753.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0758.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

That was fast!

3 months later
#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You need a Stern Sam cable, clear plastic, and spacer kit.

The MET in the photo is an original wood speaker panel. The extra shield and spacers for the PRO LED are not required.

4 weeks later
#4444 8 years ago

METALLICA COLORDMD 3.1 UPDATE!

ColorDMD has released the Metallica ColorDMD 3.1 update. The update adds color to the new Combo Champion screen (added in the 1.64 game release) and new coloring for Competition Mode.

The MET 3.1 ROM update is now available for download from our SUPPORT site.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Metallica.pngMetallica.png

#4448 8 years ago

We're on it. The PRO seems to reverse the Combo Champion artwork at times. Should be fixed this weekend in another update.

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Anyone else having problems with the combo champion screen only being properly colorized sometimes with the new ColorDMD rom? For me it is sometimes the solid color it was before the update, other times colored properly. I am going to re-update the ROM, just kind of weird.

The MET 3.1 ROM has been reposted on our SUPPORT page to include coloring when the Combo Champion artwork is mirrored. Please let us know if there are any additional issues.

MET_Sparky_HiRes.pngMET_Sparky_HiRes.png

8 months later
#6973 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

you can see the edges of the color DMD display if you look to the side. It sits 1" to 1.5" away from the speakerbox panel....is this normal?

Normal. The lip on the metal panel and center studs prevent mounting it closer. Weather stripping or foam tape can be used to fill the gap between the panel and the LCD screen.

1 month later
#7409 7 years ago

Look at the two tiny screws on the edge of the bracket that hold the screen. If one of the screws is toward the middle of the bracket (instead of both at the ends), you should be good. The screw was relocated so we could shift the mounting hole closer to the edge of the bracket.

1 week later
#7640 7 years ago

METALLICA COLORDMD 3.4 ROM UPDATE!

An update to support the new game ROM V1.70 has been posted to our support page and is available for immediate download!
Thanks very much to Chris Enright for making the changes, and Greg and Doug for their help testing the update.

MET_Thone_(resized).PNGMET_Thone_(resized).PNG

#7670 7 years ago

Mark, please stop posting misinformation. Updating to the new Metallica ROM does not affect the product key.

Spider-Man is a published exception and if you had followed the directions for updating that were connected to the link there would have been zero down time.

When you ran into a problem we responded directly to assist you.

#7763 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Before I did the game update, I didn't have this issue. Any ideas what the solution might be?

Not sure. Can you capture some video and send to [email protected]? We'll look into it.

#7833 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Has anyone else had any problems with updating their colour DMD?
I updated the game code to 1.7 - no problems except a few yellow screens due to code update.
Then uploaded the colorDMD file V 3.4 from the colorDMD website and now have lots more screens which are yellow, instead of coloured. Specifically the initial bonus screen and also the starting of Grave multiball, and the Grave Jackpot screens.
Memory stick has been used before and has been formatted correctly. It even shows I've uploaded V3.4.
At this rate I'd rather go back to V3.3 but don't see that as an option on the website
Any ideas?

Sounds like you may have changed the setting to show gravestones instead of crosses. Please try setting it back to the default setting (crosses) and see if it resolves the issues.

#7841 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I installed a color dmd on my Metallica and I can only get one color. I downloaded the firmware update but the DMD will not recognize it. Is this because I am using an Apple computer? Thanks in advance

Sorry you're having trouble. Please make sure the USB drive is formatted as MS FAT-32 format (this is the format used on most new drives) and that the file is saved with the exact filename "colordmd.rom".

Make sure there are no additional characters in the name. If the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code that usually indicates a file with the correct name could not be found on the drive. To clear the error and try again, pull the power cable from the ColorDMD controller board and reinsert.

6 months later
#9420 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you have to buy a clear lense?
I've heard Metallica's lense in red and must be changed to clear? Thanks!

Games with a metal speaker panel (Premium/Pro LED) need the clear shield to replace the red one that ships with the game.

Earlier run games (with wood speaker panels) shipped with a clear shield and do not need to be replaced.

#9424 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you for your answer. I will buy a color dmd very soon for my Metallica Pro making its way home. 2 questions:
Where do I buy this clear lense? How much?
What's preferred for Metallica, LED or LCD?

We have display shields and standoff kits on the ACCESSORIES page of our store site. LCD upscaling modes have been popular on Metallica but it boils down to personal preference.

3 weeks later
#10109 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I just installed a green spring last night and it completely took care of my crazy airballs coming out of the shooter lane. But, now a super skill shot to the mystery hole is far too easy. A full plunge bounces the ball off both flippers and directly into the hole 99% of the time. Not much of a "skill shot" if you ask me. I'm going to try a standard spring which has less tension than a green and see how that works out.
My auto plunger still produces airballs sometimes. I'm still going to look into that problem.

Gray 5V
Black Ground
Gray/Yellow 12V

Double-check all voltages with a DMM before applying power. If you misconnect any voltages, you may damage the ColorDMD control board.

1 week later
#10205 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I know that you need to order the extra installation kit for the color LCD screen but do you have to order that for the LED screens or are they a direct replacement?

You don't need standoffs with the ColorDMD LED display. Just the clear shield to replace the red one that shipped with the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=dmod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.