Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2020 9 years ago

Played a friend's Metallica Prem today. WOW. This game is fantastic. I totally get everyone's chubby for this pin. Who wants to sell me their HUO Prem or LE?

Do have a question, since I have only played the Prem, wouldn't I miss some of the features if I decided to go Pro? I mean, the drums/side spinners alone are awesome, and of course Hammer was cool too...anyone have the Pro and feel like its just missing something or having regrets NOT getting the Prem/LE?

#2027 9 years ago

Well I'm a drummer and I LOVE the outer lanes/spinner making the drum sounds. That doesn't happen on the Pro right?

#2090 9 years ago

I would ask for another. You spend 5-7k on a pin it shouldn't come scratched up from the factory. Would you buy a new car already scratched up and dented?

1 week later
#2170 9 years ago

I realize this thread is 44 pages long so i hope you guys will bear with me, but can someone maybe make a top 5 or 7 list of mods in order of most recommended for a Prem/LE machine? Are the fangs from mezelmods holding up? If anyone has a list and or video of the mods I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance!

#2180 9 years ago

Very late to this party, but I have a Dirty Donny Monsters Prem coming next Tuesday or Wednesday. Also just bought my first mod, a sub kit from pinnovators so i can hook up my ACDC Prem and Metallica Prem to my Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer. Is this thing gonna rock or what?

#2182 9 years ago

well my MET will be playing 12 Rush songs very soon so I expect it to Rock

#2197 9 years ago

Just want to say my Metallica Premium will be here tomorrow. I'm KINDA excited.

#2215 9 years ago

This game is freaking awesome. Just got mine today and probably played 10-12 games and it felt like when I first got IM, JUST ONE MORE GAME!! I noticed Ride the Lightening and Blackened weren't on the list of songs at startup. Am I at the wrong code or do modes get you those songs?

#2217 9 years ago

yep, I don't have 1.63. Came that way in the box. Update downloading as we speak

#2227 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I would verify you have the new magnet board as well. If you dont you will most likely get lots of phantom hammers.
Also if you have any issues with rejects to the gravyard standups, they sent me an updated assembly. My first set of targets rejected many shots, my new set does not.

What is the best way to tell what version of the magnet board I have? And I haven't played enough (that will change shortly) to know if I've gotten any graveyard standup rejects. I am pretty sure I haven't seen a ghost hammer hit though.

#2232 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have another small batch of 10 sparky airball protectors, if anyone is interested. $7 shipped. I have to limit this to US orders only. Please pm me for details of you are interested.
Thanks.

I am interested.

#2234 9 years ago

Just had the best game yet (3 day of having it) 440 million, and that's 3 ball with all standard settings. Got CIU 3 different times and saw some kind of mode I had never seen. This pin is awesome!!!

2 weeks later
#2316 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Anyone knows when next run of Met is scheduled?

Is this a given? With the changes and the new SAM system, I doubt it happens, or if it does, what a bummer that you can't change the songs with the pinball browser program...

1 week later
#2328 9 years ago

I started having issues with the ball falling off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane after I hit the right ramp shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix/mid for it?

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I made sneeze guard replacements though I'm not sure that it will solve your problem if the ball is ejecting before the sneeze guard.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic

I need to watch carefully and see. You do still have some for sale?

#2347 9 years ago

Don't sell it! You'll regret it later Change your songs so it feels like a new experience.

3 weeks later
#2516 8 years ago

Prem without a doubt!

2 weeks later
#2911 8 years ago

Does everyone's machine have your ball come out of the scoop hole, hit the left slingshot or flipper and then go down the right outlane like almost every time? Granted when it comes at the flipper I can try a soft bounce but when it hits the slingshot there is nothing I can do...very frustrating. Anyone else seeing this? I also get a ton of shots at the scoop that bounce out...

2 weeks later
#3366 8 years ago

Just installed my colordmd and HOLY COW its awesome!! Kids are asleep so I can't play it yet, but just watching it go through the high scores, SOOOOOOO COOL!! AWESOME SAUCE!!!

#3373 8 years ago

Okay, just played the first game, HOLY SHIZZLE!! Got to Enter Sandman and wow. All the multiballs were awesome!!

#3379 8 years ago

Yes all distribs should NOT discuss publicly. I agree that Melissa is awesome to work with. Honestly there are several really good distribs in this community. Worth your time to check with a few and then make your choice. I can't give enough props to Melissa.

1 week later
#3522 8 years ago

definitely my favorite all time Stern pin, and I'm definitely out of the honeymoon phase. I've owned some good Stern's too (ACDC Prem, TSPP, SM, IM, LOTR, RBION, Wolverine LE, FGY, Avengers LE, etc.)

3 weeks later
#3735 8 years ago

I hope they don't make anything more than Pros. Keeps us Premium and LE owners investment from going down the tubes

#3763 8 years ago

Guys I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've had this issue from day one with my Met Prem and I guess I'm just not smart enough to know how to fix it. My very left outlane constantly traps the ball (about where the last of the 3 stand up targets is, but of course to the left of those targets in the outlane) Unless the ball is just FLYING it gets stopped there every time and I have to take the glass off and push on the metal railing to get it to release the ball. How can I fix this or is this a defect since it was like this new out of the box? Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!!!

#3784 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think you mean left orbit, not left outlane. The outlanes are where your ball drains on the outside.
My ball was getting stuck in the left orbit, as well. I simply pushed on the wireguide in that area, and it hasn't gotten stuck again since. I've only played about five games since then, so we'll see if that was the solution.

You are right, I meant the left orbit, sorry. And I've pushed on the wireguide and it fixed the problem for a little while. But it gets stuck shortly there after (say maybe 15-30 games later) Just becoming a real pain and I don't know how to fix it.

2 months later
#4428 8 years ago

Guys all of the sudden my graveyard area does stop and hold the ball when I first start that mode like it used to. But later during mode play the magnet will hold the ball so I can try to get the super jackpot. Any thoughts on why this would start happening? And around the same time I have two or three times had the ball stop for the lock when the hammer was supposed to nail it down and it just rolled off. This never once happened after my first several hundred games...now it's happened several times. please help

1 week later
#4467 8 years ago

I JUST HAD THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!! I GOT TO END OF THE LINE!!!! 3 BALLS but I swear I got like 5 free balls. I have NEVER had such a rush, such a thrill. That was the most fun I've ever had playing a single game of pinball. My 7 year old son was right next to me just freaking out!! 984 Million!

#4477 8 years ago

congrats, Prem Met is my all time favorite pin and so much fun to play!

1 month later
#4721 8 years ago

for guys that have Metalllica and ST Prem/LE, how do they compare? Would both be good in a small collection?

1 year later
#10407 6 years ago

Okay, wanted to get some opinions, I LOVE my Met Prem, but I changed all the songs about a year+ ago with Pinball Browser. Since I changed the songs, there has been at least one or two software updates. I'm currently running version 1.63. Is there enough improvements in the most recent code to warrant upgrading the code (and the reason I haven't is I'd have to spend a lot of time re-doing my songs)? Would appreciate some opinions and maybe feedback and what has changed since 1.63.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=cscmtp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.