51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2454 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So, what does the special feature do? Does it just give a free game replay when going down the outlane?

It will give you whatever SPECIAL is set to. Usually the default is a free game, but you can change it to an extra ball, ticket, etc.

1 week later
#2480 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I just joined the club. Looking forward to my new game - MET Pro. Does anyone have a link to the game rules?

The rules and updates are tough to read with all the changes. I recommend you watch the Bowen tutorial at papa.org it'll get you in deep enough to figure it out.

#2481 9 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the rubber rings and sizes for met pro? I can't seem to find one

1 week later
#2560 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Makes you wonder how they can do such great dots with MET and TWD, but with ST they aren't so good.
Rob

Some people have more talent than others. All the artists that worked on metallica did a great job. They really put something special together.

#2562 9 years ago

If you're trying to figure out if you should keep a premium or a pro, you can't make a bad choice. I have a pro and my buddy has a premium. They're both awesome.

The hammer isn't for everyone. Personally I don't care for it because I don't like how it looks. I think it's a great mech with a dumb casing. It doesn't slow down play for more than a few seconds. The only thing it might do is save you from draining on the lock shot.

The snake holding the ball on the premium is cool. Again it only makes things a tiny bit easier because you have less balls in play on occasion.

The spinners are cool, but don't add a lot to the gameplay.

The cross raising out of the ground is meh.

The light show on the premium is much better than the pro. You miss out on a lot of cool lighting effects when playing a pro.

All in all you won't miss those things when you're playing a pro. The gameplay is so good you don't think about any of it.

2 weeks later
#2990 9 years ago

What does it say after you finish a crank it up? I never catch it and it seems like it's telling me a faster way to relight crank it up?

#3144 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone ever hit a drop square and not have it go down?

This happens when the ball hits the drops too fast. The target snaps forward faster than it drops down. It'll happen a lot more right after you wax.

1 week later
#3365 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone notice getting right ramp credit when you fudge the shot and hit the two pick targets? I need to check to make sure I'm not crazy, but I swear I have earned ramp credit during Lady Justice or in getting to Lady Justice by not actually making the ramp...

I've had this happen a bunch on the right ramp. When the ball rattles between the 2 targets sometimes it triggers the ramp. I assumed the ramp switch was getting triggered by the vibration.

2 months later
#4221 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might as well post that video link here as well.
» YouTube video

Theres something strange about your game. The lit spider shot stays the same regardless of what shot you hit. Maybe its old code, or?

#4226 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I only watched the first 3 minutes but everything looks normal to me. Great looking game BTW!

I rewatched some. it doesn't start acting funny until after crank it up around 14:00

8 months later
#6623 8 years ago

moved post to a rules thread

#6701 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

That is why you buy a later run, after the game has been established.
First runs can get a little odd sometimes, but you SHOULD have had this exact manual (in a plastic bag taped to the playfield glass when NIB), not some 30-page xerox bull$#@!.
If you received your "second owner", that would answer the equation.
I hope Stern has not pulled another "fast one" with manuals being an "upgrade" with Premium and LE models, but if they have, that sends crinkles on my brow.

The manuals are an "upgrade" for premium and le only. I purchased a late run Metallica LED and have the same Xerox copied non-manual in mine.
The goody bag looks the same as my friends premium though.

#6764 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In Sterns latest Facebook post about KISS code status they said the update would be coming along with "a few others". I wonder if one of those other code updates will be for Metallica?
Are band member modes in the game yet? The other day I finally paid attention to hitting the flashing guitar picks. It seems like nothing happened but I swear I saw a reference on the DMD say something about a band member, can't remember exactly what it said.

If you collect all the band members by hitting the pick targets you start a made called Blackend.

#6774 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Didn't think I ever would entertain switching out stock speakers but doesn't cut it long term. Some went external sub and some just appear to have done internal.
A few options and opinions?

I added a $100 Polk sub.m to my Metallica and it sounds great! I've heard the flipper fidelity speakers on other machines and they don't sound any better (maybe worse) than the stock speakers

#6777 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have them on my MET LE and would trade them in a heartbeat for the stock back box speakers again.

I'd love to hear them next side by side. They might sound great on a metallica. Ive heard them on a few B/W games and I didn't care for them

#6780 8 years ago

Is the pro model supposed to have a flashing light on the grave marker? I believe it's supposed to light when multiball is ready.

I don't see a flasher in that area, but the flasher is in the menu and I watched a video where it happened on someone else's pro.

#6784 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its inside the cross, mine has come undone twice now. Looks like there is some glue to hold it, but it still comes undone.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I've had the game for a year and I'm just noticing that never worked

1 week later
#6898 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looking for long term solutions for the sound cutting out and having to reseat the connector in the upper right of the back box (J8 i think, not in front of my game at the moment).
My theory is that the white boxes hanging on there make the connection flakey over time. So i was thinking to put some sort of hook on roof of back box to suspend the harness and take any weight off of the connection.
Any one else have this chronic problem. Mine keeps coming back every few months. Easy enough fix, but annoying.

I don't have this problem with mine, but I would redo the harness before I added a hook for weight relief.

#6910 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

External sub is a must!!

Totally agree. That and a color dmd and you'll be a happy camper.

I have Time Bandits total lights show coming too, can't wait to see it in person. The one thing I miss from the premium is the light show.

#6919 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

anyone have problems with the left flipper dropping when hit with a ball from the snake? i have checked my flipper mech and didnt notice anything out of sorts. is this a symptom of the way the flippers are powered on stern games?

Check the backstop on that flipper mech. My left one is pretty much gone and does the same thing now.
When a ball hits it it forces the flipper bat down, but only for that hit. After I drop the flipper it goes back to the normal position

#6943 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Moved to a new house in December and am just getting a pin set up. Will have a proper game room constructed or enclose the garage at some point, but that's a way man out so I needed at least one in the house. Good to have MET back up, have missed this game!
Question: has anyone replaced any of the three R/B/W lights tied to the color changing modes? Are they jus standard LEDs? I was wanting to replace one of the colors if it's as easy as swapping the bulbs out.

image_(resized).jpeg

I believe the monsters premium edition uses single led boards instead of standard bulbs. They should be just as easy to swap though.

#6962 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Been playing the hell out of my new Metallica and loving it, a couple things I noticed is that on sparky multiball it doesn't always catch the ball. And the grave drops aren't always registering. Any ideas?

It only catches when sparky a meter is full during multiball.
The grave markers won't fall if they're hit too fast. If you waxed the game it usually takes a game or 10 to get back to normal.

#7000 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Does anyone sell the metal Premium or LE apron for this game? Was hoping to try to retrofit one in my Pro but haven't been able to find anyone that carries it....

Did you ask your distributor? They've been able to get me all sorts of parts from stern

#7003 7 years ago

Most probably have a parts department. I use game exchange of Colorado myself

2 weeks later
#7130 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you all. I will contact Cliffy and see if maybe the magnet is to low. I have seen worse pics, but it just sucks that there is any damage at all for a new game.

It doesn't look too low to me. If anything the edges look like it might've been too high at one point.

#7151 7 years ago

Got mine March 2015. Probably thousands of plays. I did put this Mylar circle over it from the beginning though.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7247 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ok after playing a lot of MM lately I can't help but notice the similarities to Met. The layout, castle/sparky shot, stacking, holding the left flipper for super skill shot. Is it just me or is there some reason the 2 feel so closely related?

Fan layout + Lyman. AFM is the same way

#7258 7 years ago

WWE is pretty different...

#7260 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

How does one know when 2x playfield is going?

2x is ready when the spider arrow on the left fuel lane is lit.
Once you hit that shot it will blink until 2x is over. Usually James says something like, "Yeah, double scoring!" when you hit it.

I'm not sure if there's an indicator for the other 2x scoring you get from the add-a-ball.

#7262 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I thought that was Kirk. Does James say it, too?

You're probably right. If it was James it would be more like, "YeaYeaHHH, double scoring!"

1 week later
#7304 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Over 1000 plays now

I wouldn't use that cleaner wax on a pin if I were you. It isn't just wax, there's an abrasive material in there.
I use mothers step 3. It's 100% carnuba wax. The cans look virtually identical

#7306 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Didn't know that. Will have to change it.

I bought that same cleaner wax on accident. It still works great on my car.
Here's a pic of the stuff you want.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Not totally pinball related, but if you take a look at your translite its also not a far off as you might think.
I'm left handed so in the spirit of that, its opposite Hetfields in every way possible. Should I do the white spiderwebs?

Very cool. The spider webs or EET FUK would be sweet.
You could probably write anything and he has one that matches it.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#7399 7 years ago

No new call outs here either. I wonder if they just renamed the 1.64 file 1.70

That sparky call out "What the. Fu@k?!" Has always been in the game. It's just a random call out during battery. Love it when I hear that one.

#7424 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

No one has been able to tell me, but what or where did the character Sparky come from? Just trying to add to the nostalgia of the game since I don't know Sparky's meaning.

There's an interview on coast2coast with dirty Donny and he tells the story of naming sparky.
The basic jist was...Dirty Donny was hanging out with James Hetfield when he sketched the character for the first time. Hetfield liked it and told him to write Tallica Sux on his shirt. But he didn't have a name until until John Borg saw the sketch and called him Sparky.

#7510 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Anyone with any powder coated armor on the Premium Road case?
Thinking of just a gloss black, not sure what other color would look good.
If anyone has pictures to share of a Metallica Premium Road Case with powder coating that would be great!

Chrome would probably look pretty nice on the road case version

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.