51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6633 8 years ago

You can't go wrong with either.

1 month later
#7122 7 years ago

Advice and help needed. I have a pro that was made April 7th 2015 when Stern moved. It is known but not admitted that there was a curing issue.Stern has said that they believe that my game has normal wear for 1600 plays on my sparky magnet. I feel they are wrong. I would love to see pics of sparky magnet with more plays than mine. I have older and newer Sterns that have no issues like this. I feel Stern should be ashamed at this type of quality they put out and will not fix. They are going to send me head decals for the ones that are peeling off. I'm surprised that is not considered normal as well. Any help,pics,or advice is welcomed.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7128 7 years ago

Thank you all. I will contact Cliffy and see if maybe the magnet is to low. I have seen worse pics, but it just sucks that there is any damage at all for a new game.

#7134 7 years ago

Just got home and checked the magnet it seems to be a little high. I'm going to work on trying to get it flush this weekend. I know with a Cliffy I will no longer see it, but the fact that it is HUO and I'm the original owner kinda rubs me the wrong way. I have older Sterns with more plays and no wear, as well as newer Stern with no wear. also my head decals are falling off. So to have payed as much as someone with none of these issues seems a little wrong not just no big deal.

#7135 7 years ago

I do appreciate all the suggestions and pics. Thank you everyone. Hopefully getting the magnet more level and a Cliffy will help. All suggestions are appreciated for I am still very new to this hobby.

#7139 7 years ago

Thank you again everyone. Head decals are being sent out to me. I watched a video about the magnet adjustment , so I think I should ok. With the wet method for the decals did you use a squeegee or something else? I also did not know the sickness of this hobby could be so strong. Collection was only going to be a couple at first. Many learning curves to owning and trying to fix stuff

1 week later
#7217 7 years ago

Need help locating where to order sparky magnet.

#7220 7 years ago

Thank you flynnibus. I spent the last hour looking. I put in sparky magnet, Metallica game specific parts and nothing. You really helped me out thank you again. Order placed and Cliffys on the way, hopefully this can cover up and stop any future wear.

#7222 7 years ago

Thank you. Just the magnet above. I had a lot of trouble finding it on my own. I have wear around mine and tryed to file it level, but came to the conclusion it would just be easier to get a new one and then put a Cliffy on the area. I hope this solves my issues on this, or Stern needs to admit that I got one of the defective playfields made on April 7th 2015 and make it right. As of now the feel it's regular wear. It's my only new and old game with any wear. I guess I'm supposed to feel lucky. 5 thousand dollar lemon thanks Stern. Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little pissed off still. But trying to make it better on my own.

#7223 7 years ago

I wounder if Stern would be ok if I went and opened up one of his phases of electricity ? He would still have lights but his 3 phase machinery would not work . At least they agreed my head decals should not be falling off and sent new ones.

#7225 7 years ago

No. Wear started out of the blue. Advice was magnet to low so I took it out and tryed to file it flat, for it was high in the middle. And try to stop any future damage. I could not get it perfect, so I am going to put a new magnet in and a Cliffy to try to stop damage to my game. Iam hoping this works.

#7228 7 years ago

Yeah, I was on both those sites with no luck until your help arrived. Thanks again. As you can see this is kind of a soar spot for me. But I'm going to try to make it better and move on.

#7236 7 years ago

Wow even your magnet looks better.

#7238 7 years ago

Yes I do. Wish I would have put a protector on my magnet. It seems that my fellow pinsiders feel the same way Stern does. Maybe that is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. But that's what I asked for and really appreciate. So now trying to make it better and move on. Thank you again for everyone's input it does help.

#7240 7 years ago

Thank you mine is HUO with 1650 plays by me and the family. I thought that's how mine should look too. Oh well at this point, but thanks again for your pic.

1 week later
#7291 7 years ago

Just wanted to say Thank You to Cliff and everyone who helped me with my magnet wear. Got a new core and protector, my game looks really sharp again. Thank you again everyone, some great people in this thread.

1 month later
#7862 7 years ago

Where is a good place to get Mylar by the sheet?

#7864 7 years ago

Thank you.

3 weeks later
#8089 7 years ago

Yes. Easy adjustment. Lift play field and take one nut off, think I used a 1 1/16 th socket, then a flat screwdriver to adjust the magnet core. It's basically a threaded bolt. Turn counter clockwise to lower then put back the other nut and tighten.

2 weeks later
#8397 7 years ago

I had issues with my pro around sparky magnet, and Stern told my distributor that it looked normal wear that there game was falling apart. HUO and wear from a time when it became known that they had issues. I've been trying to protect it with Cliffys and Mylar. If it continues I guess I'll just have to get a new playfield. Good luck to everyone some made the same time as me got playfield swaps, and I got a big f@"k off. If my GB has issues I will probably never buy a Stern again.

#8400 7 years ago

When they moved last year. Mine was built April 7th 2015. I'm still angry, but have decided to do what I can and still enjoy my game. First I put a Cliffy on it and developed a crack, so I added Mylar.

#8401 7 years ago

It is hard when you see a game with 3,000 plays with no protection and is better than mine.

#8402 7 years ago

348,538,840 new grand champ. What a ride and rush. This is why I love pinball. Bad games all weekend then this.

#8422 7 years ago

Every game is a gamble even the new ones. This game is so amazingly awesome in every way. You should get one. Maybe you will get one with no issues, or maybe any issues you have will get fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.