Topic Stats

• 16,930 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by hoby1
  • Topic is favorited by 362 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg
396E8D10-4B48-4BD2-A390-8A60353B8740 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9556.JPG
IMG_9555.JPG
IMG_9559.JPG
944ED964-8F82-404F-A095-CAB0DCD9383D (resized).jpeg
7FA19559-CBD0-4C75-857C-09E37563B632 (resized).jpeg
20191127_173238 (resized).jpg
IMG_4838 (resized).JPG
20191102_232801 (resized).jpg
B37D4A93-7389-4E67-89C1-E0CA273E05D7 (resized).jpeg
867D6ECA-1374-4625-8C81-8D285482D93F (resized).jpeg
9AD0BED3-F233-40F4-946D-148F96BA06F9 (resized).jpeg
2E26B847-FAFD-43C3-AB6B-9C6A6468FDC3 (resized).jpeg
21D28BDA-F70F-4819-A77F-6F29E95BA5C6 (resized).jpeg
AE54BDEC-98AA-4CC8-9BBD-0FBE9ACB53EF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14523 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Hey all. Is everybody happy with their Pro LED Metallicas? I'm looking for a nib fix and the price is right on this one. I hear it's the last production run, and I've always been tempted by Metallica. I'm also looking at Aerosmith because I'm a fan, so I'd like to hear from owners of both to maybe steer me in the right direction.

You definitely can not go wrong with Metallica. Metallica was our First Pin and have owned that machine for about 4 years now.... Also had Aerosmith for just less than a year..... Will not get rid of Metallica..... My only regret is that I didn’t get the Premium but the Pro is still Awesome and very Addictive.

#14534 1 year ago
Quoted from sprite:

Just set up my NIB Premium. Is it normal for the casket/coffin lock magnet to hug the front of the hole or should it be centered? Also the underside of the coffin plastic looks a bit dirty. Does the entire assembly need to come off to access it? The screw connecting left flipper to its solenoid came loose on my 3rd game, one of the trough optos screws fell out while setting it up and one of the screws connecting the backboard plastic was only halfway screwed in, the joys of Stern QA Game is a blast to play though.
What angle is everyone running theirs at? I haven't measured mine yet but I have the bubble in-between the lines and feel like maybe I should go a little bit steeper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not certain how other machines are but I had used a protractor on our machines not too long ago to check the angle and to see the accuracy of the installed bubble and the protractor is showing the bubble isn’t accurate.... After adjusting the machine to the 6.5 degrees on the protractor, you can see in the pic where the bubble is.

7258D393-9EF4-4C62-89AD-E7D41D0FB31B (resized).jpeg
#14535 1 year ago
Quoted from sprite:

What angle is everyone running theirs at? I haven't measured mine yet but I have the bubble in-between the lines and feel like maybe I should go a little bit steeper.

I just got done checking our KISS machine and readjusted it with the protractor to 6.5 degrees and the bubble level on the machine is right in the middle of the lines. So, apparently it’s a good idea to check and adjust with an instrument rather than relying on the installed bubble level. Brock

#14553 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You kept Kiss and gave Aerosmith the boot. Just saying

I know. I know..... I’m Weird!..... i liked Aerosmith but for me something wasn’t clicking..... I like our Kiss machine.... I’m still trying to learning the rules and also trying to learn to be a better player at the same time.....I’m not very good but I’m having fun with it.

#14556 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've had my Metallica or a year and 2 days... And FINALLY got my name on it. Not only that, but the GC! And the Blackened! And the Combo! And the Seek and Destroy! Best game of pinball I've EVER had, and it was amazing! Game lasted almost 25 minutes. I felt like I couldn't miss a shot. SO awesome!!! The only downside is that I lost out of the free ball for getting 20 combos -- couldn't get the ball to hit the mystery hole. But I'm not complaining!
Please forgive my wall of pictures - I'm just psyched![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve had mine for 3 years now and still can’t do that....

#14558 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

If it makes you feel better, my old high score was about 220m... So I doubled it with this one game. Lol

Lol!!.... So if I tell you I’m having trouble even reaching 40m you won’t laugh?

#14560 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not at all. I can go weeks with the same problem.

I just finally started to learn to actually play the game strategically instead of just hitting the ball around and or only going for Sparky MB..... I’m still in the learning phase. Hopefully one day I will be able to achieve an outstanding score like that

#14580 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My frustration with this machine is becoming toxic. I just had a 10 min + game, hit every multiball mode, Sparky twice, plus Lady Justice and a ciu and still only ended up with 95m.
Most of that was actually done on ball one. I look up and I'm at a pissy 52m.
WHAT AM I NOT GETTING HERE???
Bout to kick it on down (to the end of) the line...

I want to look up and see 95m.....

#14610 1 year ago

At the piston shot... you have the triangle insert and the 3 yellow circle inserts. What are those? How do you light them and what do they represent?

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question about levelling on this game.

I had used a protractor to adjust the pitch... all our machines are set at 6.5 degrees... the bubble on two of the machines are a little over the top line. And one of the machines is right in the middle of the lines.

#14724 1 year ago

when playing Metallica Pro there are some blinding playfield lights you can’t help but stare at.... Would anyone know what bulbs I can replace those with to tone them down? Or go with a different color than the blinding white ones? Brock

1 month later
#15236 11 months ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Can anyone tell me which part number I need to add playfield support brackets to Metallica Pro?

Be Super Careful when installing the screws for these brackets that they don’t come through the playfield. I have installed these on several machines and on one machine one of the screws started to poke through the playfield. these screws have really sharp pointy tips.... start your holes on the bottom side of the playfield with an awl (or something with a sharp point like a nail). Then start your screw but only go maybe half way in. Take screw back out and file off tip of screw or use a hammer to flatten out the tip. Now install screw all the way in. Only snug the screw. No need to over tighten. Shouldn’t have any problems going through the playfield but as you are tightening the screw hold your other hand on front side of playfield to double check that screw isn’t trying to poke through while tightening.... These are really nice to have and should be a Must on all playfields..... Good Luck!

#15254 11 months ago

I’m messing around with subs now..... have been for a couple weeks.... the Polk psw108 or psw10 are a perfect match for pins. When a sub is hooked up, especially to Metallica, the gameplay is in a whole new realm.

#15277 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was gonna get an external sub, but read it’ll make it make it muddy, too much bass. I replaced my backbox speakers with high end speakers for more treble/tweeter...it sounds awesome! Balanced, yet booming, with the stock sub. Never would have guessed boosting the high end would’ve done this.

You can’t turn the sub up very much.... you just want enough bass to match your highs... the sub adds a depth to the game play that once felt you won’t do without a sub after that.

3 weeks later
#15497 10 months ago

We have a Metallica Pro with mirror blades. As you are playing you can see several of the lights through the blades... which is normal, of coarse. But, it’s like staring into a 100 watt light bulb. My eyes hurt when I’m done playing. I really like the mirror blades so I don’t want to get rid of them but have been thinking of swapping out some of these bulbs with either frosted ones or some that are not as bright. When I look at different sites with bulbs I’m lost. What’s a good brand to go with? Is one better than the other? Thank You for your thoughts, input, and direction...

#15503 10 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Never understood why they didn't use frosted to begin with. The clear lens bulbs always have blinding spots. Not like the frosted bulbs cost anymore. I replaced all the bulbs in all of my games to frosted.

Which brand of frosted bulbs would you suggest? My Metallica is the led pro

1 week later
#15553 10 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Everything in it's place. Changed out my Pro translite for the new signed Monsters one, and today I made an LED light box for the signed Road Case translite. Loving it!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

2 weeks later
#15673 10 months ago

Does anyone around Champaign, Il. Or surrounding area have a Metallica Premium I could play a few games on?.... Thinking of selling Pro for a Premium....

#15683 10 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If ya wanna drive 3 hours you can come play mine. A lot of people don't care for it, but the hammer is irreplaceable imho.

Greatly appreciated!... Actually, I have a brother in Indy. And also, my wife and I like going to Indy.... Have you played a Pro? If so, what is your opinion on both?

#15685 10 months ago

Does the Pro and Premium play different?

#15702 10 months ago

I’ve been looking for a Metallica Premium and am having a tough time finding one in stock. I have seen a couple places on line that show they have one but they have their prices too inflated.

#15712 10 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Does someone know the best way to reach out to John Borg or Lyman Sheats?
I was told by David at Stern that my pro playfield is indeed being made just for me, making it quite possibly the last pro playfield ever made. I'd like to see if I can get one or both of these geniuses to sign my playfield.

Call Stern directly.... either they will connect you to them, pass on the message for you, or allow you to leave them a message.

2 weeks later
#15878 9 months ago

Add the sub.... it’s a World of difference

1 month later
#16047 8 months ago

He had to Dolly it on that side due to the pallet. If done the other way the machine could have possible fell over and been damaged

2 weeks later
#16100 7 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thank you. The game is still in my garage so I haven’t been able to get a lot of time on it (should have it in the game room this weekend). I’m going to carefully study the rule sheet this week. Glad to add this one to the collection. Awesome game and I really wanted a music themed game.

YouTube ‘ Learn To Play Metallica Premium Pinball ‘. It’s by Buffalo Pinball. This is the Best tutorial for Metallica.

pasted_image (resized).jpegB8F2DA00-8F0C-4F8C-9150-EAE7ACE459EB (resized).jpeg
#16101 7 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thank you. The game is still in my garage so I haven’t been able to get a lot of time on it (should have it in the game room this weekend). I’m going to carefully study the rule sheet this week. Glad to add this one to the collection. Awesome game and I really wanted a music themed game.

YouTube ‘ Learn To Play Metallica Premium Pinball’. It’s by Buffalo Pinball. Best Metallica Pinball tutorial. Don’t worry about it saying Premium he references the difference between the Pro and Premium.

1 week later
#16156 7 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys!! Question, what's are the go to subwoofers for these things nowadays? I'm finally looking to install one but don't know what to go with. I do have an old non powered 12" sub that works but I'd have no idea how to hook it up to a pin, along with an external amp and it sounds like a waste of time and effort honestly.

The go to sub most use is a 10” Polk powered subwoofer. Cost is around $100. The difference with adding a sub to the machine is well worth the price.

#16179 7 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I"ve been using the Pinovators sub kit but using a Monoprice 8" sub. Not quite getting what I want out of it so, I just ordered a Polk 10" like suggested above. I also am going to change the front speakers to a little bit better quality. Thanks for the tip

You will like the Polk 10.

4 months later
#16678 3 months ago

I have the Pinwoofer backbox kit with and external sub... Dan has been Exceptional with his constant contact, not only through the install process, but also after the install just to double check customer satisfaction and to see if there are any questions or concerns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside