51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15842 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Well, it's "official", I am in the club!!!! My Pro LED came yesterday and finally got done with the installing the initial mods\protection:
-Mantis Scoop Protector
-Pinbits Clear Plastic Protectors (including Sparky)
-Mezel Mods (Snake Fangs)
-Snake Tongue Decal (thank you to who sent this, not sure if they want a callout)
-Mylar around both magnets (Marco's Iron Man pre-cut ones)
-Shooter Kickout Protector
-Shaker Motor (pinballlife, bit shoutout to Terry for his help)
-ColorDMD (BIG shoutout to Randy for his quick replies and help to some questions I had during install)
That covers the main ones but there is one that remains that I need the club's help with....Speaker Upgrade.
I've read and read and read all the posts and suggestions that I could find and below is a summary of the options I came across:
1. Adding 2 Boss eq-amps and upgrade all the speakers with any decent set for the backbox and cabinet.
2. Adding a sub amp (Dayton 70W), new sub-woofer and new backbox speakers.
3. Upgrading the backbox speakers and then get the famous Polk Powered External Sub and either leave the cabinet speaker hooked up or not use it at all.
4. Leave everything stock and just add the Polk Powered External Sub and either leave the cabinet speaker hooked up or not use it at all.
5. Get either a PP or FF speaker kit and nothing else.
So there are the options and I have no clue which one to go with. I am by no means an audiophile but I do like great sound, not necessarily LOUD but if I'm in the mood and want to crank it up, I want it to be clear and not distorted. I mean the stock speakers are ok and loud and somewhat clear but there just isn't that oomph or feeling. I know I'm not going to get rock concert sound and my ears can't take that anyway but hoping someone was in my same situation and would love to see what they did as well as everyone's input on what they did and tried and if they compared different solutions, etc.
I think the only option above that will be difficult would the be #1 as those Boss eq-amps aren't available anymore and would have to be found on eBay or someplace else.
I don't necessarily have a preference, such as internal vs. external and just want the best sounding experience. No real budget but I'd like to stay under $150ish. I don’t mind crimping, soldering, etc. but not sure exactly how to rewire the backbox speakers, if I need to disconnect the capacitor, etc.
Oh and I have my Music set to Default at 1 and my Music Attenuation at -18 and the Speech at -10.
Thanks so much everyone for the help and so glad to be officially in the club.
Ed
[quoted image]

Your best bet is to start with the external sub (cheapest option and a must have for this game) then if that doesn't quite do it for you replace the cabinet speakers.

1 month later
#16126 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I've got the itch for a Met Pro. If you guys know of anyone looking to get rid of theirs, please let me know. I'm trying not to spend too much more than $4000ish. If it has mods that I actually care about and isn't too far, I'd possibly be willing to pay more. More stock the better and routed is fine (just not beat to death). I'm willing to drive up to 4-5 hours from the Cleveland/Pittsburgh region.
Thanks!

I'd say you'll have a hard time finding one at that price unless it is beat to death. MET pro's seem to be holding steady at around $5000 to $5300. I know I wouldn't sell mine for much less than that

#16128 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Well, I just got done setting this up. I had to drive a few hours this morning to get it, but I got it well within my price range and it's HUO and in gorgeous shape. I sure hope this doesn't mean the market is about to collapse....
[quoted image]

If you got that for $4000 then you got a steal on it. I'm sure you will enjoy it. So far it's the second most fun pin I've ever owned or played

#16130 5 years ago

Tron LE

#16143 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Why should it matter if you're not selling? Market could drop to $1 for Metallica and wouldn't worry me. Not selling this title anytime soon if at all
It's one game I really enjoy..... A lot

The only reason I would consider selling mine right now would be to upgrade to a premium.

3 weeks later
#16252 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I use a digital torpedo, and with the legs cranked all the way out, the level in the center of the pf reads 6.5.
How are you getting 6.8-6.9?

have you put a level on the floor area where the machine is sitting? Maybe your floor is leaning that much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=britrex1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.