51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14444 5 years ago

Mine is the same way. It usually hits one of the pick targets and goes a random direction.

1 week later
#14510 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just a heads up to anyone considering the power blades mod.
Joe at pingraffix has been great at trying to fix this issue however.......
I am on my 3rd modulator box. The first one smoked. The next 2 interfered with the sparky opto registering hits that never happened.
I ordered my powerblades in May and still do lot have working ones. I would be very hesitant to install this mod as it clearly has issue and possible compatibility problems.
It IS beautiful and looks GREAT when running but I've had nothing but problems.

This is interesting. I just picked up some powerblades at expo and installed them and am seeing the same thing. I need to dig into this and see if that's whats causing my issues. No other mods, so its either these or a wiring issue somewhere.

3 months later
#15808 5 years ago

I know there were a few people in this thread with the same issue, but did anyone with the pingraffix light up gamebladez that were triggering sparky figure out a fix? Joe sent me a new box, then stopped responding to my emails for the last two weeks. I have zero other mods.

#15811 5 years ago

I don't know if he saw this or what, but he finally emailed back saying to send them back. Sucks as I really think they look awesome, but having them trigger sparky all the time sucks. Guess that's better than nothing.

2 weeks later
#15940 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have an thoughts on the new code? i'm debating to get metallica, gb, or octoberfest. or. monster bash. sort of torn on which to get.

I agree with Damien. I would say Im slightly above average, and I pretty much beat MB after a few games on location. GB I just cant get into. I have played a ton of games on it, but there is just something off for me on it. Oktoberfest, well, I played it at Expo and it seemed ok and has some cool shots, but hard to say at this point. Theme is meh to me, but code could make it awesome. Waiting to play the finished version to see if shots are actually ok unlike Houdini.

I bought Metallica because I got a decent deal on it. I was a little torn because I love the layout, but band pins just aren't my thing (even though I do like the band in this case). I figured I would play it for a few months then get rid of it for something else. Well, its been a few months and I can honestly say that it wont leave my collection. The rules are awesome, it has a good layout, and it can kick your ass. Same reasons I love TWD. Out of your choices, to me its the best choice by far.

1 month later
#16109 5 years ago

I thought they had already done the final run on Metallica, but maybe Im miss remembering. I thought that AC/DC, Metallica and Star Trek all got the final cuts. Makes sense with all the new stuff coming soonish.

#16144 4 years ago

To add new songs to the game, you need to use Pinball Browser. All the info is over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#16154 4 years ago

Save yourself $1000 and buy a used one. Spend that extra $1k on mods

#16157 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys!! Question, what's are the go to subwoofers for these things nowadays? I'm finally looking to install one but don't know what to go with. I do have an old non powered 12" sub that works but I'd have no idea how to hook it up to a pin, along with an external amp and it sounds like a waste of time and effort honestly.

Go buy yourself a Polk PSW10. They are $130 on amazon right now, but they regularly dip to $100 or less (just depends on how long you are willing to wait, $130 is still a great price). Then, you will need to attach a speaker wire to your cabinet speaker. You can either solder the connections, or if you want something less permanent, just use a set of aligator clip jumpers and connect them between the wire and the speaker. After that, run the speaker wire out and to the PSW10. You will be able to hook up 2 different pins to the sub, one on the left channel, one on the right. Crank it up and enjoy the sweet sound. It takes all of like 5 minutes including unpacking the sub. So easy a caveman could do it.

1 year later
#17859 3 years ago

I never understood why people wanted the PINsub. Its probably a little cleaner looking maybe, but you are just grabbing the same exact signal, just from a different place. To each their own I guess. The Polk sub on its own its always my first upgrade (and you can have 2 pins share 1 sub).

5 months later
#18434 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there any way to adjust the snake kick out on the pro? Mine throws it into the left sling.

Turn down the power for that coil in the menu.

1 month later
#18695 2 years ago

The power blades look so awesome, just a shame they interfere with some machines (mine being one of them).

#18728 2 years ago

Anyone know if pro playfields are available from Stern still? The big white lower inserts on mine have cracked between the inserts (Im guessing insert separated from the wood). It might be able to be touched up, but figure, if its not that much more to get a new one, might as well go that route (plus it was routed at some point without cliffys, so there is some wear on the kick out, though now covered by a cliffy). Anyone know what Stern charges for a playfield?

2 weeks later
#18837 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok, where can I find the 4 amp, slow blow 50 amp fuses for Metallica, fuse. What is a suitable replacement? I cant find these fuses anywhere like Lowes and Home depot

Those aren't specialty fuses. Pretty common for pinball to be slow blow style. I would recommend getting an assortment to have on hand. Anyways, for the short term, you can throw in a 4amp normal fast fuse. Should work for a little bit anyways (and not be unsafe).

3 weeks later
#18950 2 years ago

That wood definitely looks pulled down to me. Like it mushroomed over and pushed it down. I had that happen on my Dirty Harry when I bought it. Was a super huge pain to fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.