51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4576 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for this. Seems that when I replaced creeping death that's why the Sparky multiball changed. There are also 2 parts of songs at the end of the game... One during the match and one after the match. Which track are those?

Unforgiven i believe.

#4582 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Unforgiven i believe.

it's Seek and Destroy during the Match phase and then Unforgiven during Game Over.

11 months later
#8436 7 years ago

this is my fav game and fav way to spend time with my clothes on. I got a tattoo of mine on my shoulder.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-metallica-pinball-machine-tattoo

#8485 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What mounting hole are you talking about? The notch for the harness? That would bother you? Really

let me introduce you to a little hobby called pinball

2 months later
#8807 7 years ago

a cpl MET items:

mcsirtuna, of Buffalo Pinball, had me over and we streamed his beautiful metallica premium on thanksgiving night, here's the video. it was my first time on camera on the interwebs, was fun and i didn't choke on the game that's on my arm

www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

also:
vote for me if you think i deserve it. if i win I'm selling for discounted price and donating half to pinball charities:

www.ultimatesternpinballfan.com

I'm the one with the Metallica tattoo on his shoulder. I got it without even knowing about a contest in early Sep this year.

Happy Thanksgiving, don't buy too much garbage over the next cpl days, save for Star Wars

#8815 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Been sick of looking at the plain white fuel inserts on my MOPLE. Bought some gels, but didn't like the way they turned out. So I soldered in wires and installed four new LED light boards to get them colored. Turned out very nice. » YouTube video

looks grea kawydud. when willing to solder and reconfigure, almost anything is possible. in my experience, too many pinheads mistakenly think that prem/Le's are harder to customize.

the one thing i will say, that is potentially faster and easier is to simply cram some colored tissue paper under the in the underside of the insert under pf (i made my well walker insert on my twdle a green color and the blood bath insert, you guessed it, red with about 2-3 mins of effort. I've done both soldering and tissue paper depending on the application and my effort level at the time.

#8817 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I tried different gels inside the inserts, just didn't like how they looked. The new boards have much larger and brighter LEDs than the stock Stern insert lights. I just covered them up with black electrical tape.

good call, I use electrical tape liberally under my pf's to prevent bleed from one insert/flasher to another. It's the little things...

#8822 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just realized we are competing in the ultimate stern fan contest, well we are both in it. I am way out of the competition.

i haven't checked the standings a single time yet. i don't like how it's a popularity contest. I think with exclusively sterns including a bm66le otw (excluding RZ, which i'll have eventually) decked to the 9's like very few others, along with a tattoo, plus attending 3-4 conventions a year and running Atlanta's only weekly league that i deserve it. if you agree please vote for me. I'm Kevin Grillo with the Metallica tattoo. i will select a batman premium, sell it at a more than fair discount NIB, donate half proceeds to pinball charities and keep half. (got divorced this year... yikes)

www.ultimatesternpinballfan.com

#8828 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dude, you're missing out on so much! Why so many Stern's? Only buy NIB?

only own Sterns, 2nd/3rd hand. i get my fix on other eras and machines of all sizes and shapes from a solid home base of collectors in ATL... (as well as conventions) because we certainly have nothing on location here in ATL.

#8830 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

How many 2x scoring opportunities are there?

i'm aware of 2

and they do stack for 4x (that's how you get "jack-Fing pot" on sparky for instance)

1) FUEL piston target when lit (the spider arrow) gives 2x

2) during any multi-ball, hit the four pick targets (can carry lit targets into the mode) then hit into snakes mouth. snake must eat ball. he holds it on prem/le and spits it back out on pro

ramp/orbit combos don't multiply but they do amplify/increment during live combos.

#8831 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does anybody have location measurements or a picture of the front hole locations for the playfield support rails on their Prem/LE? I have a pro and want to add these but no holes are predrilled for the supports.

i'll take a pic for you tmrw if you haven't been assisted yet. i added them to my pro. took two tries because my subwoofer was in the way the first time

#8834 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Totally agree. But there is a setting in the pro to make the snake hold ball(s) for the 20s or so that the 2x is running.
Rick

I'll be damned. Thanks for the (snake)heads-up!

#8843 7 years ago

i have a custom sparky from a non pinball artist. he only asked for $80. I gave him $200.

i recommend this order:
local artist> modfather > dd

warning- maybe it was just me, but removing and reinstalling is still the single hardest thing i've done on a machine. some very tricky screwdriver/nutdriver angles.

1 week later
#8862 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You did not mention which model of the game. It makes a difference based on Stern "cost savings" decisions on construction. I don't make assumptions now.
Thicker "beer seal" will immediately make the lockbar tighter. If you want to be cheap and do not want to buy the actual pinball part product, foam weatherstripping from Home Depot. It is more spongy than lockbar mount seal.
If you own an upgraded game model the lockbar mount plate assembly is adjustable on the inside of the game, but requires you to lift the playfield into full maintenance position.

This. I use beer seal in combination with thin adhesive felt fabric. I was once complimented on how "tight and solid" my games feel. True story. Seriously though it is worth a cpl bucks and minutes to tighten up your lock down bars- it just feels way better when playing.

3 months later
#10306 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Didn't Mezels share my pics and order of items with you last night? I can post again here if needed.

She did- but it seems like you typed more in my post? Thanks x2. Hoping to post again in a few hours with a success

#10307 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks Gweem. I actually have that page bookmarked and have read it many times. I guess the confusion for me was the red spider vs. blue spider insert. I see the blue shots lit frequently, red ones hardly ever. Would really love to hear how you guys are racking up 400-500m. My shots are getting better, but I can't figure out how to score the big bucks on this beast.

Points come from two places. 2x/4x scoring during (any) marathon fluke multiballs. Or most likely during calm successful CIU's with jackpot cash outs with a 2x multiplier. It's not immediately clear if you're jackpot cash out is worth 1x or 2x, something Lyman should address... unless I'm mistaken.

Positive soapbox for a moment:
Still my fav game and pinball experience, still nothing even close. I've been playing a ton of GOT and getting to iron throne with regularity. GOT is a great game- but it doesn't even register on the same scale as CIU, S&D, Blackened, intensity...

#10331 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You don't have a choice. Avoid completing at least one lane, or time out the hurry-up if you hit the last lane accidentally. Sometimes it's difficult to be aware of what to avoid during MB.

Early on, I ruined chances at EOTL by accidentally starting S&D during multiballs. If you want EOTL, you have to be extremely methodical, tactical, and careful. Like Sparky says... you may end up timing out hurry ups on purpose if CIU and ultimately EOTL is your goal.

#10342 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My nemisis is lady justice. It can be running behind a multiball but as soon as thats over and the music starts for lady justice its drain city.
Must be psychological. But happens a lot. Cant tell you how many times my lafy justice mode score banner has been 100,000....

Haha you too? She haunts us. It's crazy how many times I've seen that 100k lady justice.

#10393 7 years ago

All this coffin mod talk. I like mine the best, but I'm biased lol. It's back alley creations eyeball pinballs, yellow tissue paper, orange flasher, red flasher all contained in mezelmods coffin.

Flashes:
Orange for hurry up
Red for captive ball

IMG_1473.JPGIMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPGIMG_1474.JPG

#10394 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

All this coffin mod talk. I like mine the best, but I'm biased lol. It's back alley creations eyeball pinballs, yellow tissue paper, orange flasher, red flasher all contained in mezelmods coffin.
Flashes:
Orange for hurry up
Red for captive ball

-

Vid

#10395 7 years ago

Also, $14.00, 20-30 minute mod, green and black t-molding for the backbox.

To replace the stock chrome which doesn't fit the color scheme of the pros and premiums.

IMG_1477.JPGIMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPGIMG_1478.JPG

#10404 7 years ago

Bandit, will the EL wire be interactive? (I haven't been following much lately)

#10408 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, wanted to get some opinions, I LOVE my Met Prem, but I changed all the songs about a year+ ago with Pinball Browser. Since I changed the songs, there has been at least one or two software updates. I'm currently running version 1.63. Is there enough improvements in the most recent code to warrant upgrading the code (and the reason I haven't is I'd have to spend a lot of time re-doing my songs)? Would appreciate some opinions and maybe feedback and what has changed since 1.63.

Are you a serious (methodical, ctrl ball, plan shots in advance) or casual (see ball, smack ball) player? If you're more casual you won't notice much difference. If you're more serious then update, there are vital subtle changes to item collecting, combo scoring and some minor bug fixes.

#10421 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've gotta say, after playing in the TPF tournament this year I think I may adjust my CIU settings like they did. They lowered the number of shots to get to CIU which I felt really opened up some new strategies and took away some of the chopping in the game. Don't get me wrong about the statement of "chopping" but I've always felt the game got a little to repetitive as you progressed in the game. Making this change opens things up a bit more. All with the added benefit of family and friends actually being able to see some of these modes (current state only my pinhead friends can get to one).
Obviously it will make EOL easier to achieve and scores will be higher but in a home environment it's about fun anyways. Anyone make the change or considered it for their home game?

Always set it however you will get the most enjoyment out of your multi thousand dollar toy. Never worry about others. Lyman, Dwight, etc are geniuses but they don't know the appropriate default skill level for everyone, that's why many things are adjustable in settings. I typically stay full factory, but I will sometimes changes things to mix it up and see some modes more frequently. A simple open of the coin door and a few button presses and off you go.

#10441 7 years ago

Double triple quadruple confirming: end of the line is the 5th crank it up. 15 of each item for first CIU, 20 of each for second CIU, etc.

If you get there on factory settings with with a reasonable tilt bob you're very good at this game. End of the line will never happen on accident.

If you want to get there, you should be attempting to light and collect your CIU jackpots asap during your CIU.

When you start CIU, you need one of each "pure" direct hit on each of the four items to light CIU jackpot at the scoop to collect and exit and return to normal play (and collecting more items). Tip: when you first start your CIU, utilize the ball save for whatever item shot gives you the most trouble. My Sparky magnet and graveyard crosses can be brutal drains on successful hits so I start them during ball save if possible and then proceed to the coffin and snake. Additionally- plan ahead: does your snake give a good feed to left flipper? If so, hit it last then gather ball on left flipper for an attempt at the CIU jackpot exit.

#10442 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Double triple quadruple confirming: end of the line is the 5th crank it up. 15 of each item for first CIU, 20 of each for second CIU, etc.
If you get there on factory settings with with a reasonable tilt bob you're very good at this game. End of the line will never happen on accident.
If you want to get there, you should be attempting to light and collect your CIU jackpots asap during your CIU.
When you start CIU, you need one of each "pure" direct hit on each of the four items to light CIU jackpot at the scoop to collect and exit and return to normal play (and collecting more items). Tip: when you first start your CIU, utilize the ball save for whatever item shot gives you the most trouble. My Sparky magnet and graveyard crosses can be brutal drains on successful hits so I start them during ball save if possible and then proceed to the coffin and snake. Additionally- plan ahead: does your snake give a good feed to left flipper? If so, hit it last then gather ball on left flipper for an attempt at the CIU jackpot exit.

And if you're still having trouble... just get a tattoo of your MET on your arm. Lol. I got to EOTL a week or two after I got my tat lol.

#10456 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My memory is bad but there is a setting somewhere that resets high scores after a period of time. I tried looking through the menu but cannot find it. I had that happen on my ST and thought something broke.
The game shutting off mid game is a reset and a mpu power issue. Sound issues would be something different but I'm no tech. I would check your sub connections for one thing. Also check to see if hitting both flippers during a game causes any resets.

HSTD reset count. Factory default is 2000 games. After 2000 plays all high scores reset except grand champion

#10465 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Depends how you have it set. I have mine set to hold it for 20 seconds, but I think the default setting it to kick it out.

Correct. It's in the "game" adjustments. Default kick out. Can change to hold like on a Prem/LE

#10474 7 years ago

Throwing another perspective into the mix. MET is my fav pin by a long shot. But there is room for plenty of others by both Borg/Sheats and their buddies. That said, so far I dislike AErosmith pin. I've played a pro model quite a bit to form an opinion. TWD, GOT I disliked early on yet both grew on me greatly (to the point of ownership) as I wanted to play them again. With AS I don't even want to play it again. It's like Avatar, Acdc, wwe, mustang to me. Those are games I simply don't want to play ever again. Something feels sloppy about it. And I dislike the jester call outs, super annoying to me. Borg makes my fav games for the most part, but AS not only looks like KISS but feels like it too. Looking forward to his next game.

1 year later
#13334 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I had both in premium versions... Still own Met. The rare epic game on TWD was great but all the others were beyond frustrating. I have never seen EOTL but have hit two CIU modes in a game and felt like that was an accomplishment. I tend to feel satisfied when I get two multiballs in a single game.

There are several settings changes. Don’t accept the defaults if they are not fun for you. I’m a great player and have gotten EOTL once- but indeed the game, and all pinball, can be brutal. Change so it’s fun for you. Adjustments are way too often overlooked. Modern Stern Pinball is not set it and forget it. Don’t accept the programmers’ attempt to hit a sweet spot on earnings/challenge/amateur/casual/pro.

Blackened, Seek, multiple CIUs aren’t common for average player. Make them more common by fine tuning adjustments.

Outlanes and tilt bobs aren’t the only adjustments.

I’ve currently got mine setup very easy and enjoying getting thru most of the game nearly every time.

And yes, adjustments or not, this is still by far the best pinball machine ever.

-KG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,600 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.