51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2240 9 years ago

Any chance someone can post a pic of the protector? Would love to see how it works

#2242 9 years ago

thanks, ok, I saw this inthe local machine on venue wasn't sure if there was something different out there. Looks like it works well and funny enough, I didn't notice it until today after reading about this mod and wondering where it would go

#2245 9 years ago

Hoping to find a Metallica pro and get into this club

1 week later
#2289 9 years ago

Brass rain showers?

Also adding that bolt to my order this weekend thanks

#2310 9 years ago

waiting for my Metallica Pro to be delivered, in the meantime, I've order my Pin Pak, Sparky Protector (thanks again Rickwh) cliffy's, TOTAN replacment post, white replacment rubbers for the machine, plastic protectors, and ultra high gloss pinballs.

Still on my list is to get that coffin decal (if I can score it in red) and then some LED's

I'm just curious, has anyone done a LED layout map and made a thread for it? seems like it would be a great feature to post up, anyone could post pics of their games and what they've done for their LED layout.

anyways looking forward to more ideas as I read through for stuff to do (don't want to get too crazy I think)

some items I may go for down the road:

those sweet pop bumper caps from Hooked
led flipper buttons
removing the spot lamps on the bumpers and reroute those lights for under the mystery hole, ect...

#2313 9 years ago

Thanks guy, I got the spreadsheet rick thanks again

I got the new led pro. and agreed my current plan is to color code each of the symbols (coffin; snake; cross and electric knife switch).

You know I may be crazy but seeing aurich's hammer I can't help but wish there was a way to integrate it into the pro (even if none functional)...

1 week later
#2327 9 years ago

I'm now officially part of the club. Picked up my metallica pro last night. Hooked up my pin pack last night swapped some rubbers added new plastic protectors and played a few games. After work today I'll swap out the rest of the rubbers and install cliffys.

#2339 9 years ago

Just curious can anyone tell me what leds are under the slingshots and return lanes? Thanks

#2342 9 years ago

by any chance is anyone making a Metallica speaker grill insert similar to this (but in the metallica theme)

perhaps a "M" or maybe the snake:

spiderman speaker grill insert.jpgspiderman speaker grill insert.jpg
metallica snake logo.JPGmetallica snake logo.JPG

#2352 9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up rick, I'll have to check out his site later tonight.

Meanwhile I spent this morning installing cliffy's and swapping out rubbers, swapped put that back post as well.still have a few more rubber posts to swap out as well as add in the new sparkt protector but had to pick up some nut drivers and long screwdrivers first

#2360 9 years ago

Word is (from PaPa) that new code is coming for Metallica.

#2372 9 years ago

So are the inserts on the PF clear on the LE and premium? The inserts on the pro are yellow for the snake and red for the spider so just curious. Thanks

#2374 9 years ago

Nice. Thanks.

Wish all of them were clear inserts

#2376 9 years ago

With clear inserts stern could either place gels to achieve colored look at inserts or colored leds. There's no cost reason to gimp a PF, the only reason would be to keep pro owners from modding their machines to something close to a premium or LE. at any rate, it doesn't matter, the game is great in any addition

#2379 9 years ago

Agreed Ron, green would make sense, orange sadly doesn't unless we have our snake repainted orange (I've been tempted to) or simply use a orange led for the mouth area to tie it into the existing PF. Green would have been ideal for inserts (I scratch my head about using orange)

#2391 9 years ago

I feel for you Rob, back when I sold high end collectibles toys I had a lot of customers in Canada and Europe that got nailed with custom fees. I used to always mark $40 but even then at times they'd get dinged.

#2402 9 years ago

Would love to swap to the single target (then again might be fun to have a custom single target made)

Btw, I'm wanting to move the spot lights of the slingshots and move them under the playfield, can anyone give me some tips on how to do that? I know on page 36 there's a set of photos showing how someone moved them but I'm just looking for specifically how to remove the spotlight housing from the wiring without damaging it so it'll fit through the hole (oor can I undo the wiring underneath and pull it from below then rewire from underneath?

#2405 9 years ago

Thanks sparky I originally saw your pics and was inspired to do the same. how does the spot light cone come off ? (Also thanks guys for the help)

Will post pics later today of my progress

#2411 9 years ago

Finally got my Metallica mods done up. Might tweak it a bit here and there but it's looking about how I wanted it.
Special thanks to Sparky, Rickwh, whridlsconcestood, cliffy, Hooked, and Melissa at cointaker for help.
Purple star posts
Titan silicon rubber
Neon green plastic protectors
Purple backlit at apron
Green led flipper buttons
Green led coin inserts
Color coded icons
Hooked custom metallica pop bumper caps
Rickwh's sparky protector
Cointaker shaker motor
Orange glo ball captive ball
Moved the spotlights at the slingshots off and reroute do them to under the playfield
And many more items

it's interesting, I picked up spare star posts in Orange, green, yellow, and blue so I can swap them out and see what I like best (Also got matching colored superbands in everything but yellow) down the road I may try those orange and purple plastic protectors just to give it a different look over time. Tried colored LED's in the slings and guides but felt like it washed out the neon effect of the plastic protectors so swapped em back to white.

metallica apron underlight.jpgmetallica apron underlight.jpg metallica cointaker shaker motor.jpgmetallica cointaker shaker motor.jpg metallica fuel gauge.jpgmetallica fuel gauge.jpg metallica led set up now.jpgmetallica led set up now.jpg metallica mystery scopp set up temp.jpgmetallica mystery scopp set up temp.jpg metallica shaker motor set up 1.jpgmetallica shaker motor set up 1.jpg metallica shaker motor set up 2.jpgmetallica shaker motor set up 2.jpg metallica slingshots 1.jpgmetallica slingshots 1.jpg metallica slingshots 2.jpgmetallica slingshots 2.jpg Metallica mystery scoop.jpgMetallica mystery scoop.jpg
#2415 9 years ago

Looks good ep, dig the orange as well, I went back and forth on those or green, ended up getting green to contrast the orange on the PF. As I mentioned, I may still get them in orange it's an inexpensive easy mod.

If I got the orange plastics I'd get the green Glo ball for captive (nice contrast)

#2418 9 years ago

Not really a fan of the spots on the slingshots, this way it's cleaned up and reused.

#2422 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

AWESOME FADE TO BLACK WORKS ON THE PRO!!!!!!!

Link bro?

#2424 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I would be more interested in this setup, so how would you implement the extra needed light sockets for underneath the playfield and how would you connect them electrically? Thanks.

Sparky has shots on how he did his (I used his pics for reference on page 36) if your wanting to move the spot lights and reuse them under the pf, just disconnect them then pull them out and reroute them underneath.

#2437 9 years ago

There's a guy that does the plastic protectors in purple, orange, blue and green, he has some pics posted many pages back (the same guy that does the eyeball coffin sticker) if I recall boue and purples end up a bit washed out as they are darker colors. Green and orange show the highest amount of color at the edge of the plastic (may also have to do with the light wave length as well).

I may give lasserific a try though, I'd kinda like to pick up some orange for down the road, and frankly the other guy has never answered a pm or email so I'd rather give my business to someone that actually communicates

#2439 9 years ago

I already picked up a pin pack will get some nice headphones soon. Not doing too much else audio wise (at least until we get a bigger place )

#2455 9 years ago

Aurich has th best advice regarding customizing sparky, prime it first, use a good primer, something like Mr. Surface or tamiya primer. Then use quality paints. Finish with a sealer.

#2457 9 years ago

I actually really dig your sparky, one of my fav's (also love that day of the dead sparky). Some of those automotive paints come out hot but I may give this kind a shot (always nice to try new brands) also I enjoy seeing a mixture of glossy and matte and glossy finishes

1 week later
#2482 9 years ago

I posted one up on titans website

#2484 9 years ago

Any word on colorization for dmd? I know pinball mike mentioned he thought his metallica dmd project might be ready by the time PAGG got here, was hoping the folks at colordmd had any news as well...

#2494 9 years ago

Just curious, I've noticed that for the guitar picks I have to hit all of them twice to lock in each person (Lars, James, Kirk, robert ) and then it adds additional hits for each member locked in. Is that correct? It feels like you need around 40 shots on the picks to lock them all in.

Thanks

#2496 9 years ago

I kinda like to leave it stock to street settings but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy

Oh and thanks for the unofficial update on colordmd aurich. Also thanks for the tips hougie,

Wish the pro had the blue arrow, sounds like it would be a useful feature...

#2571 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Games never leaving my house!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg

You know I've never been able to get those volume up or down buttons to work on my metallica.

#2603 9 years ago

Was going to get the colordmd, but at $486 I may get the smartdmd instead...

#2706 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well with tax and shipping it would be about $450, I don't get where the extra cost is coming from, since it's an oddly specific number.

I have the pro led, it so the colordmd requires additional parts to mount (Resulting in the $486 price tag) i may just sell off something out of my 1:6 collection and pick it up. (My rational side of the brain tells me it's not practical at the cost, but my screw it side of the brain figures selling something equally impractical would even it out lol...)

#2725 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

$30 for mounting hardware??????
I did a ColorDMD on my ACDC LED Pro, and it cost maybe $2.00 in hardware.

The additional mounting hardware was $24 extra. I assume the additional $6 was due to taxes on the added items and shipping.

What surprised me was also the shipping cost. I used to have an online store (up until last summer) and an item of this size shipped within the state shouldn't cost more than $14 expedited. but it's not my company so I'm not privy to how they configure their costs...

#2727 9 years ago

what was the cost again for those? I may be in for one

#2729 9 years ago

I have hooked's pop bumper caps for metallica. Love them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=anubis2night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.