51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1658 9 years ago

My Metallica Pro just arrived today! Buddy is setting it up right now while I sit at work jumping out of my skin in anticipation. Gonna be a long night!

#1664 9 years ago

Just played my new MET fresh out of the box for like 9 hours with some buddies. So awesome, everybody was in awe. Great machine, no regrets here!!!

1 week later
#1698 9 years ago

Just fixed this on my Metallica pro using felt foot pads cut thin to fit between the metal prong and cabinet wood. It works great now, although if the auto launches ever get weak I will replace the felt.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-382.jpgimage-382.jpg image-159.jpgimage-159.jpg image-921.jpgimage-921.jpg
#1699 9 years ago

Oops thought you meant auto plunger didn't read carefully enough. Anyway if anybody is getting weak auto plunges the felt pad is the fix.

#1702 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Maybe I need to adjust how the autoplunger is set up then, not sure. Here's a picture of my plunger fully depressed. So while it is contacting the ball, it's a pretty weak plunge. Sorry for the crappy picture. Shooter lanes have to be one of the hardest things to photograph...

From your picture it looks like your plunger is aligned a little to the right.

#1712 9 years ago

Looks awesome. Would love one of those.

#1727 9 years ago

Yeah, my pro has the spotlights. They get smashed by airballs all the time though.

2 weeks later
#1847 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My snake started being sketchy with registering hits again. Snake lit, get ball in scoop, spits it back out. Still lit.

I had this happening yesterday also, i pushed together the wire connections to make sure they weren't loose and the problem has improved significantly. Still get it once in a while though.

2 weeks later
#1919 9 years ago

Just wanted to say I've had my Metallica for a couple months now, and I can't get enough of it. I really hit the jackpot getting it as my first pin. I will never let it go. I have since added the shadow, tftc, Star Trek and soon creature, but MET blows the others away. I do love the shadow and tftc too, but man. This game is on another level. Just my humble opinion! Would be interesting to know how many MET owners also consider it their favourite pin.

1 week later
#2016 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I still feel there should be more utilization of the grave marker lane during multiballs that don't include it. When you shoot it, it just feels dead. I think it should fire the ball out back at you at least. That's the only thing I can think of that feels incomplete.

What if the grave marker held one of your balls during multiball for a hurry-up shot? Then release after 5-10 seconds. That'd be cool. I agree the dead hits are disappointing.

#2038 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I believe you can stack Coffin with any of the other multiballs. Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah coffin stacks with all multiball modes.

Quoted from cscmtp:

Played a friend's Metallica Prem today. WOW. This game is fantastic. I totally get everyone's chubby for this pin. Who wants to sell me their HUO Prem or LE?
Do have a question, since I have only played the Prem, wouldn't I miss some of the features if I decided to go Pro? I mean, the drums/side spinners alone are awesome, and of course Hammer was cool too...anyone have the Pro and feel like its just missing something or having regrets NOT getting the Prem/LE?

Quoted from Rickwh:

I think the consensus is that if you can afford/find/obtain a Prem/LE then go for it. but if you cant the Pro is a awesome pin as well.

I agree with this 100%. In my case, I bought the pro and I consider it the best pin i've ever played (although I am partial to MM as well) so I haven't regretted getting the pro for a second. You will not "miss" anything and it comes at a great price point, especially if you can get the old incandescent version for a deal and do the LEDs yourself. However, I split the cost of my MET with a friend, and purely because I love the pin so much if my friend wanted to buy me out of the pro I would seriously consider getting the premium as it will never be leaving my house.

#2058 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

So has anyone that changed songs on the pinball browser "shared" their new code with the public? I would like to change out a couple of the newer songs, but I am really not a computer savy kinda guy.
Would anyone like to share?
TIA.

Actually if somebody could post instructions on how to swap out songs I would appreciate it.

#2060 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

All the info you need to know can be found here. It was easier than I thought it would be when I did my ST.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
Hardest part is finding songs that match the length of the song you want to replace.

Thanks. My buddy is a musician and sound editor so he can customize song length.

#2075 9 years ago
Quoted from rexman10:

Got my tracking info today. MET pro coming to Arizona!! Gonna be a long 5 days.

Yeah waiting for my MET was the longest couple weeks of my life. Welcome to the club!

#2077 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I pulled mine out of the uhaul at 2 am, got it into the new house, unboxed it, set it up and played it by myself..
NOT RECOMMENDED hah. I was just too excited after being overseas for so long.

Yeah, I did pretty much did the same thing with my CFTBL. Was kind of rough getting the legs on.

#2105 9 years ago

My sparky head had a scuff mark too, i think it looks good like he's a bit scorched.

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Biggest complaint so far, nailing a cross drop shot only for it to stand straight up and drain the ball stdm. Is the stiff target as designed?

Make sure the plastic is clean where it slides down. Don't know if that will help but worth checking.

#2113 9 years ago

Thought I would post this here in Case anyone has the same problem, I was having issues with sparky only registering a hit about 80% of the time, swapped the opto connections on the opto board and it seems to have fixed the issue. They are labeled switch 53.

#2115 9 years ago

Actually my friend said the same thing about his TFtc

#2118 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I just picked up a ME pro last night. One quick thing I noticed is the ball gets hung up on the plunge at the top of the PF between the lanes and the plastic plunger thing that blocks the ball. It just comes to a stop and takes quite a bit of nudging to free up. Any advice, also anything else I should look out for adjustment wise, so far that is all I have noticed.
Cheers

Sounds like a leveling issue to me...

#2126 9 years ago

Old electronics made to last, new ones made to self destruct? Hope it's not a sign of things to come...

1 week later
#2178 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I realize this thread is 44 pages long so i hope you guys will bear with me, but can someone maybe make a top 5 or 7 list of mods in order of most recommended for a Prem/LE machine? Are the fangs from mezelmods holding up? If anyone has a list and or video of the mods I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance!

One of the fangs broke off my snake the first day I installed them. Curiously the second has been fine ever since. They are cheap so prolly worth the investment till they break. Super glue can fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 149.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.