51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5947 8 years ago

Damn ... I gotta get a Metallica!

Okay - I'll be back.

2 weeks later
#6189 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Your missing the
Pinnovators pp2mac headphone kit with built in up and down game volume controls and powered sub audio out adapter.

These are great! Right there with a subwoofer and shaker as "must" mods on all my new games.

#6222 8 years ago

The pop rollovers lanes skill shot start out at only 250K on the route MET LE game I've played.

The super skill shot (via left orbit) has been worth a minimum of 500K.

#6225 8 years ago

Yes. SUPER SKILL shot via left orbit only available by holding in left flipper button - correct?

#6226 8 years ago

Is there a Super Skill shot to the rollovers as well?

#6233 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hold in the left flipper and plunge the right rollover is the highest scoring Skill shot. It can progress to over 2.5mil.

Cool - thanks!

1 week later
#6342 8 years ago

2 weeks later
#6468 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Hey I'm getting ready to join the club. My machine was actually delivered to Pinball Refinery today and will be getting their treatment. Obviously I'm beyond excited. But, one thing I can't find is a cup holder that looks purple powder coated. It's not the normal plastic kind. I saw a picture recently on here but can't remember where. Please let me know if you know where to get this.

Pro or Premium? I have one on order with PR too, but have no idea of the current status. (I know - I need to contact Steve)

As far as the beverage holder goes, Pinball Life has the PinGulp in various colored metallic versions, but no purple. I'm considering just painting and clear coating a standard black version. Should be simple enough.

#6472 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Pro...he said he expected to receive 2 yesterday. Lmk if you're the other
And as for the cup holder, maybe that would work but I don't want MY shoddy craftsmanship to compromise PR's outstanding work. We'll see.

No - I've got a Monsters Premium coming.

I'll probably end up painting a PinGulp chrome rather than purple; it will fit in better with the various chrome extras that will be on my game's exterior. As MustangPaul pointed out, there are some pretty good products readily available for this as well.

2 weeks later
#6727 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Curse this thread, every time I come back it makes me want to get a Color DMD for the game. I need to play more.

Quoted from mtp78:

Just ordered my Pro led, Will have it next week.....Automated had them in stock..... Now I have to read this whole post to find out what mods are a must....

MET's ColorDMD is one of the best I've seen and consequently a "must mod" in my book.

#6813 8 years ago

That is a sweet looking MET! Congrats!

1 month later
#7109 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

New owner here. The best rules I found so far is here: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/.

Great rules info - thanks!

In addition to the info available at Tilt Forums, and PAPA's tutorial with Bowen Kerins, I've found the informational MET streams by McSirTuna on Twitch to be particularly helpful in learning (and seeing) the finer points of its rules/gameplay.

#7111 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are you referring to yourself? if so, unless you're jimmy from senfield, stop it!

Members of the same Tuna username clan, but no direct relation.

1 month later
#7381 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

1.7 code is here. No new songs, but it looks like it has a lot of cool stuff in it.

Cool indeed! How much will this affect the existing color DMD?

#7519 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I agree, but chrome is out of the price range. I can get the current armor powder coated much cheaper, just not sure if there is a good color for it.

C'mon man - go chrome or go home! That is definitley THE armor treatment for the road case cabinet.

1 week later
#7766 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Damn ... I gotta get a Metallica!
Okay - I'll be back.

It took longer than I anticipated, but I'm back and I'm now OFFICIALLY in this prestigious club as my MET Monsters arrived a few days ago! Added a few additional mods this weekend, installed the latest code, and took some pics. Still fine tuning a few things, but I've noticed that the hammer seems to operate much better than on other METs I've played in the past which is a plus indeed.

My thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a great game and service as always! Unfortunately, photos don't convey the awesome lighting extras that PR adds to their games. DSC02470_(resized).JPGDSC02470_(resized).JPG DSC02490_(resized).JPGDSC02490_(resized).JPGDSC02478_(resized).JPGDSC02478_(resized).JPGDSC02423_(resized).JPGDSC02423_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#7936 7 years ago

The RGB LEDs under all of the arrow inserts on my 1 week old Met Monsters stopped working.

After checking various components, connections, etc. and talking to Chas at Stern, I now have a replacement driver board heading to me. Hopefully it gets here soon and does the trick as I'm jonesing to play again. Such a fun game!

#7943 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Where's that MET ruleset Big Daddy ??!!
Your last one was grrreat !

Thanks man. I'd love to be able to do one for MET (and ST and TWD too), but the Man keeps me busy doing other things for a living and commuting big time to do it.

I do have a FINAL version nearly completed of that Mustang doc though. Just need to find some time and finish it.

#7959 7 years ago

With the variable GI colors on many of the recent (MET or so onwards) Sterns, I've opted for translucent rings throughout most of my newer games. I like that they are neutral and take on the changing colors emitted in the various modes per the newer deeper codes.

That said though, I agree that there are a lot of ring color options that will look good on MET due to its multi-colored artwork.

#8002 7 years ago

Followed up with Stern tech today regarding the replacement spider inserts RGB driver board that I was supposed to have received for my new MET Premium.

Part is on backorder and no info as to when it will be in.

#8015 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

what is the problem?

None of the spider inserts light except for the right orbit, and that only lights a constant blue. Checked the circuit connections from the LEDs to the driver board under the playfield to the CPU board in the backbox. Stern tech thinks the driver board is the issue.

#8020 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

I ordered a premium, and it was lost in transit. ... Shit, it will be 30 days since it shipped this Friday....

My condolences man - that truly sucks. My driver board issue is minor in comparison. I hope you are able to get this resolved and enjoy a shiny new MET Premium in your gameroom very soon!

#8027 7 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Check for the correct wire colors ...

Thanks. The insert LEDs actually worked for the first few days that I had the game. I'm going to take another look at the components this weekend since I'm in limbo with Stern.

1 week later
#8093 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Sounds like my Friday night!

rimshot_(resized).jpgrimshot_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#8214 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hammer is one of my favorite features.

The hammer seems to get a lot of criticism on this thread (perhaps more so from Pro owners? ) but I honestly really enjoy it on my game. A lot more than I expected. Love the BAM! effect every time it locks a ball!

#8247 7 years ago

I really like that the spinners trigger a varying tom tom drum beat sound for each switch contact while they're spinning. A cool audio touch!

#8257 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pretty sure the pro code is tuned differently to allow for the missing spinners.

Wasn't aware of this Pro code revision - thanks. My post has now been corrected.

#8292 7 years ago

I dig mine as well - LOVE the lighting effects! Went for the Creeping Death speaker panel to complete the artwork look and no regrets.

#8339 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just ram a jam that bitch back in there.

Damn these arcane technical terms!

#8362 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you tell me exactly where this damage is? The pic is upclose and cannot tell where it is on the PF. I'm going to ask the distribuitor to unbox it and inspect that area before buying. Thanks

Playfield damage typically shows up after the game gets played.

3 weeks later
#8534 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Anyone ever get stuck balls in the left orbit if it goes up slowly? The obvious solution is to try to bend the inside wire in a bit, but am curious to see if others have / had this issue.

I had this exact problem on my game and had to bend the inside ball guide inward. Also had to adjust my right orbit's inside guide similarly as it was interfering with the ball on the plunge.

#8537 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Finally reached End of the Line. Wow, what an exhausting game!

Congrats - quite the achievement!

Factory default (i.e. is there hope for me?) or personalized settings on your game?

#8559 7 years ago

Shooting Sparky is a popular strategy for tournament play as it's comparatively safe and you can score some big points with Sparky multiball.

As Indusguys mentioned though, there are lots of other strategy options and fun modes within Met's rules for those who take the time to learn them.

#8569 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There is a mod for everything.
I was actually surprised Denis was selling this for Metallica.
Not for me, but who knows for another?
http://bit.ly/2cYEyZr

That's one classy MET mod.

#8585 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I could never go back to the plastic post. If you have not changed it out yet, do it now!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Most plastic posts cause greater than 50% rejects, mostly at the left orbit. Changed my LE to metal, rejects went to zero.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Yeah, I would say mine were rejected well over half the time. None with the metal replacement.

Ditto. Easy swap and the metal post performs WAY better at stopping left orbit shots and dropping the ball into rollover lanes & pops as intended.

1 week later
#8603 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

You guys that switched out the plastic post behind Sparky for a metal one... which one did you buy? Also, is it an easy swap?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

Yes - an easy swap.

#8610 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems pinball life does not sell the super shiny balls anymore, what do you all recommend for Metallica? I am due...
Thanks!

I'd suggest you give Terry at PBL a call if you haven't already - they've just run out of stock in the past. More recent info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shiny-pinballs-gone-from-pbl-again

3 months later
#9696 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have played 3 games only. I'm wating for the cliffys. I do not want to play it until I install them cliffy protectors. They are on their way.

O. M. G.

#9706 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

My machine was delivered today. Everything looked fine. I unboxed it and set it up. No problems with the playgirl....heck didn't even have a single light out. I spit shined my balls and threw caution to the wind and fired it up. Had a great time. Played about 30 games before having to leave for work.

Playing your newly received and just set up MET!? You are living on the edge!

Congratulations and welcome to the club - enjoy!

#9814 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Here's my new sparky -

WOW - that is very artistic, but also one SCARY looking Sparky!

#9940 7 years ago

Nice Hawaiian themed section in that lineup too!

3 weeks later
#10326 7 years ago

Grave/electric chair/snake hits really start to add up in multiballs when you've locked some lanes first.

Plus - the Seek and Destroy mode (activated once you lock all 5 lanes) is really cool to play!

#10328 7 years ago

Good advice - thanks. Do you have a choice in activating Seek or Destroy though other than purposely not locking all 5 lanes? I don't recall and it seems that I just ended up in it after locking a lane or two followed by some furious multiballs.

3 weeks later
#10581 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default?

I have a ton of mods on mine, but I'd add a color DMD first and foremost. MET's is one of tbe best too.

10 months later
#12721 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have never had a single issue with my hammer and it's a very cool feature. I think a lot of that talk is from pro lovers.

Quoted from Fezmid:

... I *LOVE* the hammer - it's a great feeling when the hammer smashes the ball under the playfield with a thunderous BOOM. I wouldn't trade it.

+1 to both above. Plus the shaker action accompanying the hammer strike adds a great effect!

A day behind this discussion, but FWIW, I have to add my 2 cents as it always amazes me when the hammer is questioned or bad mouthed as I can't imagine playing MET without it if you have a choice. I've had my Premium nearly two years now and I'm still enjoying the hammer feature immensely. Undoubtedly, one of the COOLEST ball locks in pinball!

#12757 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Eddie Vedder is one Bad Azz MF Gryszzz. People don’t realize what a great talent he is. Here is my most favorite performance by him, this is epic and i never get tired of watching this video!
» YouTube video

And here's mine ...

Oh yeah - and I LOVE my MET!!!

DSC02501 (resized).JPGDSC02501 (resized).JPG

#12769 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can you take a pic of the Playfield facing straight on and more specifically the light rails? I have the creeping death pinblades and haven't been overly pumped about blocking my ramps and whatnot, but I do love how the blades light up

DSC02491 (resized).JPGDSC02491 (resized).JPG
DSC02490 (resized).JPGDSC02490 (resized).JPG

#12798 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

100 mil is a good score without getting to CIU modes. CIU modes can be 100mil - 200mil + all by themself. Complete the CIU and get 2x sxoring behind the piston before collecting. Plus you have a chance at 20% of your collect after the mode is over by collecting all the lit spiders and going back to the scoop.

Yep - CIU jackpots plus 2X scoring are where BIG points are to be had.

For those not already aware of them, McSirTuna (w/ Buffalo Pinball) has made some excellent MET tutorials for maximizing scoring as well as general rules info. Here are just a couple of them:

1 year later
#17173 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I have dp too. So glad I got it instead of potc in 2018. Fun game, still is. That and game of thrones will always stay

JJP Pirates?!

Love my MET Premium and LOVE my JJP Pirates. I like JP's layout a lot, but the theme/vibe (other than the T-Rex toy) is just MEH for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.