51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#492 10 years ago

Just picked up the premium from my buddy down the street. It was appropriate since I had the high score on his machine.

#522 10 years ago

Price drop on these to 10 bucks. I may not be able to get more of these skeletons. I think I have 8 left. If I do sell them I would get more before the halloweeners buy them all up.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=si_shop

image-928.jpgimage-928.jpg

2 weeks later
#537 10 years ago

Not quite ready for primetime, attaches to the existing post.

image-224.jpgimage-224.jpg

#538 10 years ago

First person that says this is cool get a freebie, but has to pay shipping.

#540 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

That is very cool.

You win, star base. PM your address.

#543 10 years ago

I made up some fangs. It just slides between the metal bracket and snakes head and clips on. Play testing now. image-688.jpgimage-688.jpg

#548 10 years ago

Here's the magic. Problem is shipping these in an economical way. Let me figure it out. I want to get these out for like $5 including shipping. The print here is a bit challenging since I have multiple printed pieces and some gluing on my part is required. Even with a small seam where the teeth meet the rounded portion of the fangs, it still looks amazing. I figured at $5, how could anyone complain...

image-981.jpgimage-981.jpg

#554 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

After a ton of plays on my machine, I can see why the original teeth broke. They were in the way.
How will these hold up over time?
What are they made of?
If the ball hits a tooth, will the whole assembly just pop off?
How much play time did you have to test these?
All these questions require time to answer. Time is money.
5 bucks shipped is too cheap.

They are made of PLA plastic. Hank, PM me your address for play testing. I have two other buddies that will do the same. You can tell me if the price point is right.

#558 10 years ago

My son wants everyone in the pinball universe that this was his idea.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

#559 10 years ago

So much for play testing the cemetery mod, grave marker 1 bites the dust. Fangs are still good though. Pinballlife has the drop target, but where do I get the decal?

image-766.jpgimage-766.jpg

#561 10 years ago

I thought if I opened the goodie bag it wouldn't be 10k by christmas.

#564 10 years ago

A quickly whipped up a spare of my own. First proto worked. I am sure we can do all kinds of things to these but I have to make fangs and fangs and fangs and fangs.

152660-i.jpg152660-i.jpg152669-i.jpg152669-i.jpg

1 week later
#574 10 years ago

How about this. 3d printed, improved strength bracket and outset cross.

image-735.jpgimage-735.jpg

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

looks great! could you do clear plastic with a white cross?

Yes and it could illuminate from the bottom

#580 10 years ago

In regards to sharing the file, I need to do some consultation on this one before I can make a decision.

#581 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Does the PLA hold up to ball impacts fairly well? Or are you using ABS?

Yes, I believe it may be a bit more flexible. I have been testing the front drop down target for weeks and it has not seen catastrophic failure. Not enough experiment time at this point.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looks cool! Is that printed at one step? Or is the black part glued attached after printing. I dont know much about 3d printing so forgive me if that is a dumb question.

The cross is printed separately and glued on. It is inset into the drop target for max hold.

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Yes and it could illuminate from the bottom

I think the black cross would look sweet with the drop illuminated. Printing now. I am now an expert at changing out drop targets.

#585 10 years ago

I will light the clear one up tomorrow.

image-635.jpgimage-635.jpg

#588 10 years ago

I do like my new drop targets.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#590 10 years ago

Front two crosses illuminated from the underneath playfield. Hooked up to left ramp flasher for testing.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Looks pretty neat, can't wait to see how well they hold up. Definitely on my want list. Keep the great ideas coming.

I had one in the front for about 50 games and no issue. I did some bending test and these are more flexible.

#596 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I like the "texture" look on thr cross. Is that just an effect of the printing, or did u design that in? I wondered if they could have the weathered look of the big cross.

It's from the print. At the distance you cant see much detail anyway. Its like trying to see your fingerprints at that distance.

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Those targets look awesome easy to fit?

The whole assembly can be removed. Then it just takes some patience and writing down the order of the springs and washers.

#598 10 years ago

I just added a limited number of white with black crosses sets to be sold to get some out in the wild.

1 week later
#604 10 years ago

How about a double el wire sparky helmet.

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Love the double el wire.. Make it happen and I'll buy some

The colors I have are purple, red, blue and orange. I will finalize and announce in a day or two with pics of all the pretty colors.

1 week later
#608 10 years ago

These are available now.

163876-i.jpg163876-i.jpg

1 week later
#634 10 years ago

I used of bunch of gels from the stock I have for the windows in Donut Heaven for my Premium. I just ordered more. How about I put some kits together for a reasonable price? I am gonna redo mine, so I might as well cut a bunch.

1 week later
#639 10 years ago

I bought a bunch of colored gels and this what I got on my Premium. Give me some more suggestions and I will make these available. Fuel light, Sparky, etc...

Red, orange, yellow, light yellow and green.
image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

20131227_190201.jpg 167 KB

Crap. I like yours Sparky. That is more of a tricky place to install instead of my one sheet.

2 weeks later
#675 10 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Display shat itself the other day : (
very impressed our distributor here in Australia AMD, had a replacement to me pronto.
Cheers AMD

20140105_192311.jpg 50 KB

Heard the new code with fix that.

1 month later
#685 10 years ago

I figured out how to light up the snake mouth on the Preminum/LE. It is really cool. You choose the color.

image-317.jpgimage-317.jpg

#690 10 years ago

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpgimage-380.jpg

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice. Interesting to see how you did it.

I made a nifty bracket that holds the LED in just the right place to maximize the lighting effect. I also did the mystery hole.

image-138.jpgimage-138.jpg

4 months later
#720 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Just joined this club and had a question? I see in earlier revisions that people were disabling or replacing the up post for the orbit shot. Is this still recommended or has it been improved in newer software revisions? Thanks

Hold the left button when plunging and the post will drop for a super skill shot. I don't think anyone is complaining since they added that.

3 weeks later
#830 9 years ago

I am revisiting the Metallica drops with the redesigned version that seems to be working on Star Trek. As you can see they are back lit.

image-879.jpgimage-879.jpgimage-148.jpgimage-148.jpg

4 weeks later
#1011 9 years ago

Heres a reference of the snake without fangs, the bracket does show a bit here. For those interested I just added the Premium/LE snake mouth LED to light when the FEED SNAKE LED flashes or is lit.

152687-i.jpg152687-i.jpg

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#1194 9 years ago

Any interest in this skull to be mounted in the somewhat barren FUEL area. You can see the lighted version that would be hooked to a flasher and next to it is what it looks like when it is unlit. It's nice and detailed.

image-918.jpgimage-918.jpg

#1202 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):

I have about 7 of these that are hot wheel size, I was thinking about also putting these above the fuel target area, not a rat-rod, but metallic purple with flames. They are collecting dust now, just have not pursued it. It's a FUEL truck.

image-662.jpgimage-662.jpg

2 months later
#1724 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does the Pro not come with spotlights on the slingshots? Never noticed before, but see they aren't in that shot.

My neighbor has spotlights on his slings. Weird.

4 months later
#3092 8 years ago

Would you guys be interested in translucent orange, red or yellow drop targets for the cemetery. Not sure if I would put decals on them yet. There would not be any extra lighting, just illuminated by natural lighting. This has been a long time coming.

#3095 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

I am working on them for Keith Elwin so it's just a matter of time!

#3097 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am working on them for Keith Elwin so it's just a matter of time!

Here is the yellow translucent one for CC.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3105 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

They need to be stronger than the ones lit winkle drop made for WOZ as the first met drop takes more beating i think. My 'new design' one didn't last long and I fear it is the process unless the translucent materials are just weaker.

I have a new design that is printed horizontal instead of vertical and they appear to be very good.

#3106 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The CC design is slightly different due to being held up with only a patter pulse on the coil. Easy enough to alter the model though, I'm sure.

I have the CC target and it does have some different design features in it. We can incorporate those features into the target, but only if they really provide some functionality. Send me some pics to [email protected] to help me understand why it is designed this way and I can send you some test targets.

#3111 8 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I was going to suggest printing them this way. I figured it would probably work out to be stronger that way. Cool stuff.
Brian

Gcode editing = secret sauce

#3199 8 years ago

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

1 month later
#3817 8 years ago

Making another run at making translucent drop targets on Metallica. Have not lighted them up yet because I need to play test them.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPG

4 months later
#4944 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This would also look great on Acdc
Nice work

I think it might look good with KISS too. Thanks for the feedback, I will get this into production, along with everything else I owe you guys.

#4946 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

could you post the dimensions, i really just need the height measurement, thanks

9 inches

1 year later
5 months later
#10771 6 years ago

I put a plastic cover on the mystery hole lights to give them a more diffused look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.