51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thanos75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9625 7 years ago

Man....this has me kind of freaking out...lol...and I put out industrial fires for a living. I just ordered mine today and it will be here Friday.I have a feeling I will be referring to these posts often. Thank you Korn for asking some of the questions I'm sure I would be asking. And thanks in advance to the rest of your who I'm sure will be helping me aswell. Did I mention that this will be my first pin ever? Fingers crossed.

#9627 7 years ago

I'm sure you'll guys will be hearing all about it....lol

#9669 7 years ago

I have been thinking about your situation all day Korn. It sucks. Mine gets here Wednesday and I ordered mine from the sameplace as you. I am already nervous about setting it up. I have never even opened one before. If I notice any problems with mine you guys will be the first to know.....well second....maybe third because I'm sure my neighbor will be hearing me cursing and smashing stuff.

#9673 7 years ago

I'm assuming that the playfield is already locked into position for shipping. So shouldn't it just go right back in place?

#9679 7 years ago

@Korn ...... Have you played your first game yet?

#9705 7 years ago

My machine was delivered today. Everything looked fine. I unboxed it and set it up. No problems with the playfield....heck didn't even have a single light out. I spit shined my balls and threw caution to the wind and fired it up. Had a great time. Played about 30 games before having to leave for work.

#9707 7 years ago

That's what they were made for. Play it like you stole it.

#9736 7 years ago

Hey fellas...so it appears I have my first problem with my game. Haven't seen it covered yet.

I had noticed that sparky had stopped shaking when he was getting shocked. I thought it was a fluke but decided to check diagnostics to see if there was a test for it. Not one I could find. So I played another game and sure enough he didn't shake. Then all this smoke started blowing out the top of him. At first I thought it was a super cool effect that I hadn't heard about but then realized the situation. He is smoked.

#9740 7 years ago

It's the coil on the back of him. I was able to disconnect it and new parts are already on the way... Thanks Melissa.

IMAG0158 (resized).jpgIMAG0158 (resized).jpg

#9741 7 years ago

I didn't have the door opened or anything. Just happened during a normal play.

#9743 7 years ago

I will be sure to give it a good going over before installing the new one.

#9905 7 years ago

My parts from Refinery came today so I have been a busy little beaver starting the installs. I'm having way more fun tinkering with the machine then I ever thought I would. This is my first machine and I was a bit scared with the idea of spending that much money on something then basically tearing it apart. So far so good.

#9911 7 years ago

I just got mine NIB two weeks ago.I have about 400 games on mine. Other than the dimpling the clearcoat is great. I haven't installed any cliffys or protectors yet and not a single chip or anything...Yet...lol

#9915 7 years ago

I had to adjust my mystery box switch right off the bat aswell. I have had the ball get stuck a couple times at the top but nothing a little nudge didn't fix. I do like the bigger ring solution. If it happens again I know what must be done.

#9925 7 years ago

I love the green lights around the bottom of the PF. Sweet. I'm ready to change up my GI lighting and have been looking for a good layout map to get me started so I can gets some lights ordered.

#9935 7 years ago

The more I see those Baywatch machines the more I think one would look great next to my Metallica aswell.

#9958 7 years ago

Dammit.....I was beyond excited to put in my order for my ColorDmd today only to find out that are out of stock. Bummer.

#9988 7 years ago

I love Breadfan.... I would love to have Damage Inc. on there aswell. Next to Battery , which is my all time fave Metallica song, it's the song that most gets me fired up. When I played Pro Paintball it was always my pump up song.

#9996 7 years ago

I have had a bunch of air balls from launching. If you don't do it just right the ball jumps right off the ramp. I have had it happen when auto launching aswell. I would be curious about which spring works best.

1 week later
#10145 7 years ago

The bulb inside the cross came glued in from the factory in mine. I had to reglue a bulb in when I replaced mine with a red stacked bulb.

#10149 7 years ago

I have been noticing that after the Sparky magnet catches a ball and holds it that sometimes the ball sticks after the magnet is released. It doesn't happen everytime and when it does it just takes a shake or another ball hitting it to knock it loose. Could one of the balls have become magnetized? Also I tried... Alone....to install those Blade graphics. One went on pretty good the other I made a total disaster with. I just have a pro so I don't have those fancy table legs and I couldn't find a good position for the playfield to get a good alignment on those. I will remove and try again and this time with help.

#10152 7 years ago

It only just started doing this and it doesn't do it everytime. The mylar disk is feeling pretty rough so I will swap it out to see if it helps.

#10167 7 years ago

So....since I totally screwed up the installation of the graveyard Blade stickers and will have to replace them I figured I would ask opinions on which ones look good. I have only found three types so far...the flames from tiltgraphics....the graveyard and the mirrored ones. I do have the ride the lightning MOD installed.

IMAG0171 (resized).jpgIMAG0171 (resized).jpg

#10172 7 years ago

I wasn't very bright and thought I could install them by myself with the playfield in the up position. I was wrong. I ended up making a mess of it because the field was in the way. Oh well lesson learned. You can see it in the pic on the right side.

#10174 7 years ago

That's what I attempted to do. It worked on the left side but it took a bad turn when I did the right side. I will take a shot at fixing it eventually.

#10178 7 years ago

My girlfriend really gave me a hard time for attempting to install it without her. She said next time she will show me how it's done.

#10188 7 years ago

I have that skull MOD on my coffen and it looks great. It's only $5 and it really makes a nice difference. I had to trim it a bit to get it to fit bit but it's a super easy install.

#10195 7 years ago

Now that ColorDmd has screens back in stock I'm really torn between the LCD or the LED. Other than videos and pics I have never seen one in person. I know everyone says it comes down to personal preference but in the end which one is better for this game?

#10197 7 years ago

I was looking for insight into why one is better then the other for Met. Maybe something might sway me towards one or the other.

#10204 7 years ago

I know that you need to order the extra installation kit for the color LCD screen but do you have to order that for the LED screens or are they a direct replacement?

#10206 7 years ago

Thank you Randy. I just placed my order.

#10229 7 years ago

So the reason I would have a ball stick to the sparky magnet was because one of the pinball became seriously magnetized. It wasn't a big deal because during multiball the incoming balls would just knock it loose. Well today I had slow rolled a ball up to the captured ball and it stuck to it. So now after only having it a month I need to get new pinballs. Pinballife seems to be the go to place but I have yet to find any in-stock. Do where do you recommend me getting new pinballs that won't get magnetized so soon?

#10233 7 years ago

Marco and Cointaker both sell pinballs but they don't have the info if they are ok for games with a magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thanos75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Thanos75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.