51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1575 9 years ago

Has anyone found good (with newest rules) free play/instruction cards for Met Premium? I've seen some cool pro and LE but no Premium...thanks!

#1579 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I guess it depends on which Premium you have. I have the pinballcards.com ones for my Roadcase and they look great. I know they've got a couple sets, but I don't know if there's a dedicated Monsters Set.

Yeah, monsters. I'd love cards with similar art, colors etc as the rest of the cab, translight and cab...

2 months later
#2162 9 years ago

Question about the hammer/magnet board...So I got a MET PR a few months ago. Came with the most up to date software (I believe and if not, I updated it) but the manufacture date was a year or so ago...The hammer/mag board doesnt look like the replacement/newest one...How do I know if I should replace it? Thanks

#2166 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

There is a thread somewhere around here that shows the difference, ill have to look. But I will tell you this if you are on the latest code you will get a lot of phantom hammer strikes if you have the old board and very few if any with the new board. When was yours made? if it was in 2014 I think you have the new one.

Phantom hammer strikes....Like the hammer literally just slams down with no ball there?

#2168 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Yes. Often triggered by the Sparky flasher once lock is lit if I recall correctly. It's a bit different on everyones machine.

hmmmm. I dont recall ever seeing that...Any other symptoms?

#2172 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

It was a Stern Service Bulletin. Just check your serial number. I had a premium and it had the newer board.
Date: 8/30/2013
Subject: Metallica L/E and Premium machines. New firmware for the magnet processor board along with software version V1.22 or higher optimizes the hammer/magnet feature.
Symptoms: False hammer strikes. Or the magnet will grab and hold the ball for a brief moment and release it without the hammer and disappearing ball mechanism activating.
Solution: Contact your distributor for a replacement magnet processor board # 520-6801-00. Please note. Games manufactured with serial number # 242584 or higher will have the new magnet processor board.

Check this out!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2174 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The other problem was the opposite symptom, the magnet would grab the ball, then release it without doing the lock sequence.
If your game is playable and exhibits no weird lock sequences on the latest code, it's unlikely you need anything. I would still double check but when the code came for this new board, the game was almost unplayable due to phantom hammering.

I've never seen anything strange on it but the board itself looks like the old one...

1 month later
#2443 9 years ago
Quoted from Prof_Pinball:

The Professor Pinball Team is proud to announce code for Pinduino interactive LED lights for Metallica!
We really like how this setup came out (and Metallica is such a rocking pin!):
» YouTube video
There is a strip of addressable LEDs across the top of the backpanel of the playfield and a strip in the ball trough under the apron. No LEDs strips are visible. Let us know your thoughts (or download the code and customize it.)
Code is open-source and available for download: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Metallica-Apron-Back
PM us if you are interested in the Pinduino. We have DIY kits available and can make preassembled, plug and play kits. Game list is available: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11VoKNLjT155F_1Cb9qFR242T72BXVptGnAP17ZsIu4Q

Cool, how do we order? Thanks

#2452 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to paint Sparky more often. I won't top this for a while, lol..
IMG_20150326_144640356.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

great score!!!

What did you go for? I still cant ever decide where to spend my time when I play and my score shows it!!

1 week later
#2488 9 years ago

ok...I need help. I love my MET but I am TERRIBLE. Like, barely breaking $100M terrible...and thats on a good day. Has anyone listed what they consider to be the 'optimal' settings? I like the pin but I am really frustrated at my inability to put up a decent score and am hoping I can tweak my settings to be a little more forgiving..ARGGG!!!

#2490 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I never answered your question before.
-Number one - nudging is your friend, embrace it. It will keep the ball out of the outlanes. Use dead bounces as much as possible. Flailing is the enemy!
-Master the fuel lane and mystery scoop shoots. Tons of potential points rely on you being able to hit those two shots!
So here is a typical "good" scoring game for me
-I shoot for lighting the inserts toward CIU on the ramps and loops right away. Complete those and lock them in. You will get to CIU way faster. ie. The big points.
-I go for the coffin locks first. I often accidentally hit sparky enough to start his multiball first. During this multiball I usually get the extra ball lit from coffin bashing.
-At this point I'm usually ready for a CIU. I go for FTB or FWTBT first.
-During CIU try to hit sparky, snake, cross and coffin to light the mystery scoop. Hit several shots and then go for the fuel lane. This gives you 2x scoring. Hit the scoop. Collect the cash out option on the CIU and you get double points. It's not uncommon to get over 100mil from cashing out on the CIU 2x jackpot.
-At this point I'm usually close to coffin and I try to stack immediately with sparky or cross when I start coffin multiball.
-Then you are usually close to another CIU, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, etc.
-On a really good game I will at least reach the above goals.
This game is so much more than bash sparky/ rinse/ repeat. Truly one of the greatest games IMO.
Hope this helps and gives some goals to aim for. I am absolutely positive that you can find other/better strategies but this is just my fair to middling strategy.

Good info. thanks. So, lighting the inserts for CIU...Follow the red arrow, hit the item thats flashing (electric chair, snake etc) right?

What exactly is the blue arrow indicate? Thanks

#2493 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The blue arrow indicates which shot you have selected, so if the left rap is blue, and you hit the electric chair, it will light the chair insert on that shot.

Interesting. How does that get chosen?

And when I see multiple red arrows...What created that to happen?

Sorry guys, first NIB pin...All of my others are old school!

#2509 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I never answered your question before.
-Number one - nudging is your friend, embrace it. It will keep the ball out of the outlanes. Use dead bounces as much as possible. Flailing is the enemy!
-Master the fuel lane and mystery scoop shoots. Tons of potential points rely on you being able to hit those two shots!
So here is a typical "good" scoring game for me
-I shoot for lighting the inserts toward CIU on the ramps and loops right away. Complete those and lock them in. You will get to CIU way faster. ie. The big points.
-I go for the coffin locks first. I often accidentally hit sparky enough to start his multiball first. During this multiball I usually get the extra ball lit from coffin bashing.
-At this point I'm usually ready for a CIU. I go for FTB or FWTBT first.
-During CIU try to hit sparky, snake, cross and coffin to light the mystery scoop. Hit several shots and then go for the fuel lane. This gives you 2x scoring. Hit the scoop. Collect the cash out option on the CIU and you get double points. It's not uncommon to get over 100mil from cashing out on the CIU 2x jackpot.
-At this point I'm usually close to coffin and I try to stack immediately with sparky or cross when I start coffin multiball.
-Then you are usually close to another CIU, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, etc.
-On a really good game I will at least reach the above goals.
This game is so much more than bash sparky/ rinse/ repeat. Truly one of the greatest games IMO.
Hope this helps and gives some goals to aim for. I am absolutely positive that you can find other/better strategies but this is just my fair to middling strategy.

Great post, thanks.

OK, so, I follow the blue arror...I light all the items (snake, cross, electric/switch) and the whole thing kind of pulsates with the blue arrow staying on the area where I've lit all those on (lets say, the grave marker area)...What are you supposed to do then? Shouldnt the blue arrow move to another area? It moves around UNTIL I've lit all the targets for a particular area..Thanks for the help!

#2512 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When a row is all lit and blinking, you hit the captive ball/Hammer, which should also be glowing. I don't know how much time they give you, but it's kind of a hurry up. When you hit the captive ball/Hammer, the blinking lane/ramp will go solid, and it's one step out of five toward S & D. It's better not to start S & D before CIU because all the inserts you have lit count toward CIU. Once you start S & D, all those lit inserts disappear. When you finish your first CIU, you can continue to shoot for lanes/ramps toward your next CIU, instead of the more dangerous/unpredictable toys.

got it. Will try. thanks!

1 month later
#3478 8 years ago

My met premium is blowing the sparky magnet fuse every 20 games or so..this happen to anyone?

2 months later
#4294 8 years ago

Wow! Made the feature changes as outlined by someone here (cant find the post now but it basically changes alot of the modes/multis to 10 instead of 15 and holds them over between balls). I scored 196M which is about 4X my prior high score...It was a crazy multiball-fest though. Really felt like i was just mashing buttons for a good portion of the game...

May need to throttle it back a little...!

2 months later
#4702 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I made some progress on an MET mind map yesterday. I should be able to finish it this week. Here's a preview. The final version will have much better resolution, for printing on a poster if you like...
Metallica.png

oh god. this is so frickin great. I think I'm going to print and laminate when this is completed!!! GREAT WORK!

#4703 8 years ago

Triplicata duplicato posto.

#4704 8 years ago

Duplicato posto muchcho.

1 week later
#4792 8 years ago

question for you guys...

I installed a pinnovators headphone and sub jack. (great guys and great systems as you are all aware I'm sure). Well, I noticed that there was a bit of hiss and what I can only describe as static/echo/distortion when listening through the headphones. Its most easily heard on the begnning of 'bell tolls'...I unplugged everything and realized, with my head close to the backbox speakers, that the sound is there even without the headphones (and without the pinnovators mod)...

Do you guys here this? Is it clipping or some weird result of the compression?

The easiest song to hear it on if 'for whom the bell tolls'. Turn it up, get close to the speakers and see if you hear it.

Would LOVE to hear back from a few of you. Thanks!!

#4853 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

he noticed his new KISS is super light

stern lists kiss as the same weight as its other cabs I think?

#4858 8 years ago

stern specs list Metallica and Kiss both at 250 Lbs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.