IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#668 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Yah, was just looking at that last night. I have added cliffy protectors to my TZ and JY already. Definitely a good investment.
I would also think that 2 in-lane protectors would be a good idea.

Yes, yes, and yes......super cliffy your MET....100%

#670 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Do you mean the metal rollover switch slot protectors? Or something to protect the pf where the ramp returns drop the ball. Or one in the same?

Same thing......

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2716

The ramps drop the ball right onto the switch slots.....these protect it from chewing up the wood.

#672 10 years ago

Hahaha love that shirt rensh....loooove it! He did a good job with the helmet too....I like it.

10 months later
#1716 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on a custom shooter rod for my Metallica. Bought a miniature skull from some Thailand eBay shop, sculpted an electric chair helmet and eyes out of Kneadatite, and gave it all a paint job.
Need to clear coat it and buy a new blank shooter rod from Terry, it's on the back side of an existing one for the pic.

image-844.jpg 102 KB

image-459.jpg 87 KB

image-419.jpg 92 KB

This is the best MET shooter rod MOD I've seen so far....nice touch man!!

6 months later
#3778 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I requested the clear protector. Mine is plain, no spiderwebs. I got the green sling protectors. I'll be honest, they're cool looking, but too much. Going to take them off my game. Just not a fan of how the color is so dominant on the playfield. Nothing wrong with the quality or design.
If I can every find enough free time to finish up this Metallica mod I've been working on I have new plans for the slingshots anyways, so not big deal for me.

Well I was interested in the pinbits protectors but now I'll wait for your MOD.....some more Hook it up dude!!

2 months later
#4389 8 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

It will work off the left spinner plug and play, but the spinner plays a base drum sound. Doesn't make sense. I hooked to the fuel target switch but I had to unsolder the green wires and install a diode. No problem for me, but those challenged by a soldering iron, definitely not plug and play.
But it is wicked cool to hear the top fuel dragster rev up and see it on the tach!

That's definitely worth a diode install to get it inline with the REV of that target shot. I'm not thrilled with where you placed it tho....seems to far from the actual target shot. I'm guessing it wouldn't fit anywhere a tad closer??

3 weeks later
#4513 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Picked these up a while back(from Pinball Life) and wanted to share. Just installed a set on AC/DC as well. Made by Laserific and a bit oversized, but really adds a lot of life to the game as well as protects.

IMG_1180.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1178.jpg

Keep in mind they are supposed to be over sized a bit as they are still PF plastic protectors as they keep any wild ball bounces from smashing the sides in.....and strengthen any well placed hits from the top.

2 months later
#4942 8 years ago

I haven't seen a topper yet that gets my attention to add to my MET....digging this one Tmezel.

#4959 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I couldn't find one I liked either that would go with the purple trim I added. Then I found this one at Expo. I think it looks great.
image.jpeg

Yes Laserriffic does some extremely sweet toppers....beauty's!! But I'd like something a bit different for my MET.....something that doesn't scream MET since the game itself does that enough. I am looking for more along the lines of accenting the game.....kind of off the cuff but still ties in with the whole theme

2 weeks later
#5064 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't know if running out of a mod you hyped, offered a discount on, then ran out of, then raised the price on is a great start in my book.

I'm not sure I understand your logic here.....they had over 100+ made and ran out in the course of one day. Even large factories churning products for people run out if the product is popular enough. That's what happened here. To me selling out that quickly of this MOD at that quantity is an awesome start....maybe too good
They will make more man....don't you worry about it!!

1 week later
#5210 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a start....how deep are your pockets.

True story

#5266 8 years ago

It does block those top two inlane insert lights.....thought I was the only one to really notice it since I don't disable the up post back there as I like that rule set. It's not horrible as I have to stand up a bit higher to see the ball working up there and get my lanes lit but heck a MOD to keep another MOD.....why not!!

#5316 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I didn't notice any obstruction to the top lane lights but I am 6' 1"... I guess I can see over.

Welp I'm 5'10" so yes.....a few more inches would grant you an advantage of seeing over that plastic. Buuuut I simply stand up a bit more forward and can get them in sight. So this MOD is more interactive in a physical sense

3 weeks later
#5690 8 years ago

What LEDs can you guys recommend on the four large inserts (the mode inserts) just above the flippers.....my last couple choices didn't work out. I want colored LEDs in them.....preferably comet brand.

#5705 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Colors look a bit washed out on a cell phone, but I went with the cointaker 555 2-LED White Blue Red Orange.
20160118_092020_(resized).jpg
I also added a socket and bulb, so each insert has two bulbs. One near the top of the insert, one near the bottom.
20160118_093009_(resized).jpg

Ahhhhh ok nice. Two bulbs makes sense bc I've had 2 LED bulbs in there and it never lights up the inserts all the way....looks like crap. Thanks!!

1 month later
#6182 8 years ago

I'm against disabling the pop up post. The "flow" of the game doesn't matter much to me as this was the way it was intended....plenty of "flow" without it being disabled. I like giving the pops a work out...especially with HOOKEDS pop caps MOD....so pretty

I will also recommend Pinnovators volume/headphone/sub kits.....having all that without opening up the game is super slick. +1

#6202 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I disabled it on my IM. I hated the fact that the skill shot required zero skill. I also have it disabled on my Tron.

MET has a super skill shot when you hold in the left flipper off the plunge. The pops skill shot is not worthy.

#6205 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The pop roll over switches are worth the most points in super skill shot

Hitting the pops and not passing go is not a super skill shot off the plunge.

1 month later
#6510 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

That is is why I do not use LEDs in my games.

Well now you can with Hergs LED OCD boards

#6511 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Dimming control is not a critical feature.

Try telling that to my capcom Airborne...it's hugely critical as LEDs were HORRID in it before. And the power draw with incadescents (especially with the controlled GI lighting) was too much for these old capcom boards. It feels better now

1 week later
#6584 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Few new additions to my met ... color dmd, topper, pdi glass and purple Armor (partially installed lol) Also have speaker lights and inserts, hooked spinners and few other goodies to be installed. I must say met has the best color dots ever and is a must have along with the total lightshow and pdi glass. Such a great pin .20160405_014007.jpg20160405_014507.jpg20160405_014554.jpg

20160405_014943-1.jpg

I really dig the purple armor on MET....is this from pinball refinery?? There candy purple is pretty sweet.

#6585 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

so much purple....

YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE

1 week later
#6704 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

I have yet to pull the trigger on the total light show....must be getting closer to decision time. This looks funky cool

#6705 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O it can be done

I have a fog machine MOD underneath my BSD cab everytime the MIST MULTIBALL is triggered. Fancy tech

#6798 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it does.

He's right it does. I have the red light up one on my MET and it looks great bc it's clear and lights up when Sparky gets work done to him. I enjoy it.

#6866 7 years ago

I'm having a random METPRO happening. It doesn't hurt me but it is something I notice and bugs me....the 3rd cross drop target (the one farthest back) will sometimes drop at the push of the start button or at the start of another ball. I thought these drop targets were only triggered by hitting them yet this happens randomly with no pattern. When it doesn't happen I have to hit the first 2 drops to get to the 3rd as I normally would and it acts just fine. I've investigated underneath and it all looks as it should....clean and set up properly yet this is something that is there.

Anyone else have this experience?? Or have a way I can test and correct this?

#6868 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I may be wrong here but I'm thinking it's the WPT Stern drop target fix that's needed. You may need to add a washer. I've had that same problem with my AVLE Hulk targets & other games.
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-165-world-poker-tour

Good info Butch. I'll give this fix a run through. Thanks!

#6880 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Which met model you have? I know they made some fixes with the drops and snake on the met led pro compared to the original?

I'm in the original METPRO owners club. I'll have to try the spring tension thing and maybe adding an extra washer to that part to see if I can get that drop target dialed in properly.

What tool do you need to break the seal on the sparky magnet bolt?? I need to raise it a bit so it's more level with the PF and it doesn't want to budge with just me and my flat head screw driver.

3 weeks later
#7061 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Ask and you shall receive haha. That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of something along those lines! The light is perfect it would really help in letting you know when the lane is ready. I'm sure if you offered a few different colors people would be all over those. I know I would

This. I like this piston MOD but I'd like to line up 4 of them that the ball traveled under....since FUEL has 4 letters. Each one would have a different color. Cool MOD.

2 weeks later
#7190 7 years ago

I'm not getting rid of my snake ramp MOD neither even tho I have to lean up a bit to see the lanes up there as to which ones are lit or not. The mirror is a good idea but doesn't fit well....does the trick tho. I was hoping MEZEL MODS could do something similar to their PKE lit clear stand ups for the back of GB games....does what it's supposed to.

4 weeks later
#7421 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I really want to change the songs on my Metallica. I want to swap in some Avenged Sevenfold. I'm a bit intimidated by the task but I think I'm going to try to tackle it this winter. Where is the best place to go for instruction on this? I know there's a thread but it's really long.

Yeah I'd like to switch out one song for now but I need a video or "song swapping for dummies" to get it done......that thread just has me confused.

1 week later
#7580 7 years ago

One of my drop targets was dropping/triggering on its own.....and it was suggested on here to tighten the drop target by pulling the tension spring down a bit more so some of it was hanging over the hook it pulls from. I did this and it hasn't dropped by itself once since than.

1 week later
#7673 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let the games begin!
Picked up my MET PRO LED today!!

Looks good man!! I'm digging your collection so far....all hail pinball

1 week later
#7901 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks for the offer bigd! I might have to take you up on that sometime.
Are external subs tough to hook up to the machine?
I'm really asking about the audio because I'm coming from a KISS machine on the Spike system and the stock sound system was a major plus.

We should plan a day and go visit him.....I need to play Congo someday since I've never had the chance. That and TWD. You aren't too far away from me either.....near alpha ridge park maybe?!

4 months later
#8801 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I stacked three pcs. of thin self-adhesive felt on the underside of both ends of my lockdown bar when I opened up my NIB machine to a) tighten down the lockbar and b) keep the lockdown bar from scratching up the ends of the side rails (I put new side rails with the metallica cut-outs on them on my machine and didn't want them getting all scraped up
jo-ann fabrics sells a 9"x12" sheet of the stuff for $1.99 and I probably only used a 9" x 3/4" strip of the entire sheet (6 pcs. of 1-1/2" x 3/4")

I think that he's talking about an older wooden back-box or a premium/LE machine. not one of the newer ones with the luggage type lock-down clips

Mine is a first run wooden speaker panel non LED version and still has these latches....came that way from factory.They are as tight as can be....never had an issue with them. Ever.

1 month later
#9034 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I like the way you tied it into the coffin flasher, but that little skeleton is creepy looking

I like him

#9081 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What are the must have mods for Metallica? Specially for protection like cliffy's and plastic shields...
Also, what about this magnet mushrooming issue I've read about? Is that still going on with new MET's? Thanks!

Just buy the damn game dude....you are going to anywayStop nitpicking about about issues that some have had....they will arise. It happens. Mushrooming magnets are from improper leveled magnets with the PF.....simple fix. LEVEL IT!!!

2 weeks later
#9274 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good pop action always puts a smile on my face.

Agreed. I don't need to disagree on much on here but disabling the up post is absurd IMO. Getting to the pops is half the battle Plus I'd never see my beautiful HOOKED pop bumper cap MODS in action if I did this....not cool!

1 week later
#9537 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah not pinching anything...but Thanks!
I just got back from dinner...So....Can I turn in ON now? Do I have to download anything before playing it? Thanks guys!!!

Question number 56,543......and he still hasn't played a game yet

#9574 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I put mine on without taking pegs off or drilling anything......

Me either. I think after I removed the pegs...I used those front holes as the holes for the support brackets. I did have to drill into the middle of the PF from underneath for the other side of the brackets though.

#9606 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mines a new one also... u just use the peg holes/bolts.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats fine and great , but mine work fine and i didnt have to drill anything . Why drill holes if you dont need to ?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I used the peg holes on all my games that had pegs, no problems at all.

Yeah +3. I mean if it came with support brackets this is where Stern would put them anyway.....makes sense to use what ever is pre existing as long as it fits properly.

#9607 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If anybody else has any other suggestions please feel free
J_M: Thanks for that link!

Where do you live? I want to come over there and drop that damn playfield into the slots for you!!! Than play a game before you

#9695 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks like tomh hit it right on the nail!!!! Now the playfield sits with very little effort!!! I'll keep testing it just to make sure but it looks like this resolves the issue! Hope The playfield didn't get damaged when I was having a hard time with it!

Wow if your PF was that tight against the sides like that....don't every get pin/mirror blades!!! That's redunk!

2 weeks later
#10069 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My full plunge Super Skill Shot used to do the same thing about 9 times out of 10. However, something must have "broken in" a bit because a full plunge misses the hole to the left now. I have to do a 3/4 to 7/8 plunge to make it now, which still doesn't always make it. Now it's a true "skill shot."

Mine does this as well....I'm more in the 50/50 club. I don't think it makes it any less of a super skill shot...it's always fun to hit. All of the super skill shot hits aren't overly tough to hit....there are plenty of options once that ball makes it all the way around.

2 weeks later
#10276 7 years ago

I have Zenes coffin MOD too.....and this lane switch guitar pick MOD that he personally installed himself! Great guy and has a nice touch for doing MODS

IMG_1091 (resized).JPGIMG_1091 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#10522 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Finally got a Metallica! Received it yesterday and spent the day installing mods I'd been collecting for a while. Full cliffy protectors, red apron, illusion orange armor, snake ramp mod, back lit skulls beneath coffin. Was wavering on getting the game again but super happy with the decision.

You forgot to mention one more MOD you installed......sheep skin footies

2 weeks later
#10615 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Will work for all versions of the game, will have original art and interactive lighting, it's not a topper.

Wow I remember you hinting about this awhile ago....time to get to work Aurich! Just don't post it in the infamous "Mod removal" thread
This time finish the darn thing.

1 month later
#10942 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Here is what I use. It works great, has a customizable setting to dim when a game has started, and is much more affordable if you just want white LEDs to replace the fluorescent tube:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

This is what I have as well. It eliminates BG glare and works perfect.

2 weeks later
#11000 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm confused as to what this mod is. the instructions say replace the old bulb with a l.e.d. light plate. Isn't that just another bulb with a colored piece of plastic that fits the insert?

Pretty much but it's a HUGE improvement. And it's plug n play meaning he did all the work for you! Go get one ya fool

#11002 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I did the same mod on my Pro before I even knew about this mod. I used the short LED strips and just taped them in place across the inserts. A little scotch tape on each end of the LED strip and stuck them in place.
I made the Cross insert purple and then color matched the small cross inserts with purple bulbs. The Snake insert is orange to match the already orange snake inserts on the PF. Coffin insert is red and that matches the red coffin lock bulbs and the electric chair insert is white to match the white playfield chair inserts.
Also replaced the white FUEL inserts with Red-Orange-Yellow-Green and the fuel tank inserts above the large inserts also. I think doing all that really makes the playfield artwork and inserts look very cohesive.
Can probably see all that in this video I posted showing the spinners and rising cross.
» YouTube video

Looks great man!! I really need to invest in that total light show and spinner board....been putting it off for awhile now as the install makes me nervous. It's def worth it. I haven't tried your set list yet you gave me but after watching the video I'm gonna test it out....really solid song picks

#11054 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I also find that hitting the orbit shots that flow all the way through during a combo feel much more satisfying compared to disabling the diverter and having every orbit shot go all the way around...It's the little things.

Agreed. The pops are active on this game so disabling that up post is lame. I like to get the whole game involved.....not 95% of it

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#11307 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I am still selling the original through pinside shops or message me if interested.

I removed my eyeball coffin sticker MOD and put this one on in place of it...it's that sweet! Go all original 100%....cheap and worth it.

1 week later
#11399 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Which shaker do you guys have? The coin taker red tremor is a little wild but the stern/pinball life one is a little less.
I have the red tremor in my met pro. I don't mind the earthquake

I'm in the red tremor club as well and I'm not leaving

1 week later
#11470 6 years ago

I actually had IAMDARRASs eyeball sticker MOD on mine and replaced it with the under casket transparent skull insert....it has a cooler MET feel to it than the eyeball sticker MOD.

1 month later
#11661 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

I want to revisit the spinners on Met. Pro. Any help is appreciated.
I know on the pro the Hooked kit ties into the pic target. Doesn't do anything but make the drum sound.
I like spinners on a game, makes the shot feel complete. Wondering if anyone has bought the kit, or made their own.
Pinball life has spinners way cheaper....wondering if this could be replicated by sourcing parts. Anyone done this before? Anyone know if the pro has pre-drilled holes for spinners?
Thanks for anyone's help that has done this before. If you prefer a PM conversation, that is fine.

It does more than make the drum sound.....it also counts towards pic hits to whatever target you have it hooked to. I like to support the MOD guys on here and Hooked puts out quality goods.....so I went that route.

#11690 6 years ago

Hmmmm I actually like this MOD.....it’s viscerally detailed and I do enjoy how it follows the ramp. I mean the animation of the snake does have him exploding as he eats the extra ball....so this gives that animation a fun, tangible look to the ramp run

3 months later
#12335 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I’m not arguing , I was attempting to be witty. Either way pro or Prem you can’t loose.

Or lose if you will

1 month later
#12576 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cemetery drops acting funny. For the last month the 1st or 2nd would kinda randomly drop. Now when I start a game it immediately gives me 25k and 1st drop falls. Anyone?

I've had luck adjusting the springs on my graveyard markers with this issue....the first one was falling and registering on its own during gameplay. You have to adjust and readjust but eventually you get it right.

2 months later
#13251 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Lighted speaker panel installed. This is a prototype, and much of this panel will be changed when we start producing.
» YouTube video

Will these fit on the original non LED PRO versions? It has a plain speaker.

1 month later
#13520 5 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

On my game, when I plunge the orbit post is always up, so that it drops into the pops always, is this not right?

Reread the post....HOLD THE LEFT FLIPPER BUTTON BEFORE YOU PLUNGE....keep holding and the ball will scream all the way round the orbit.

2 weeks later
#13575 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Great
Hopefully it goes better than the snake mod. It is so cheaply made. None of the screws holes even lined up properly. Things had to be bent and forced and I still had to leave a screw out. I was so unimpressed that I decided not to do the blades today because I'm worried they will also be of cheap quality. VERY UNIMPRESSED with pingraffix so far. (Both in quality and shipping) Fingers crossed for the powerblades.
Are yours the creeping death? How long have you had them?

I had to dremel out my snake MOD a bit for the screws to fit..not a huge deal. Such a cool looking MOD so try fitting it all in if you can

#13583 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also worth pointing out to people considering this mod that it makes it almost impossible to see the upper lane lights

Just get the guitar pic MOD that zene10 makes...it looks great and works perfectly to see those upper lanes that the 3D snake MOD hides.

#13588 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

Nice! Any fan of Clerks is ok in my book

4 weeks later
#13833 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

mattosborn, no, the spinners do not award the pic targets, still have to hit the stand up to get pic insert solid... the spinners just steal from the sound it makes when you hit the pic targets (sound is a single drum bass hit)...so when the spinners are spun, it sounds like double bass! Just installed the 10"Flipper Fedelity speaker system and it's sounding awwwesome!! Also finally got the snake extension mod in same package from Pinball Life and got that badboy hooked up.
-chip

Actually you are wrong because I have the same set up...spinner hits award pic target since it’s hook up to it. You need the TLS with the board to eliminate pic counts. I do love the drum bass hits going fast tho...goes so fast it’s behind the spinning spinner.

1 month later
#14155 5 years ago

All these posts about reducing shaker strength...I have a red tremor shaker motor and it rattles the glass with the machine! I love it!!

1 month later
#14577 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm in!
Just picked up a pro with very few plays.
What a great game!
Need to add a shaker and a sub to really be in business, but that can easily be done.

Somembody owned it without a shaker?? FOR SHAME!!!

Grats!!

3 weeks later
#14965 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

New code has me dusting off my game, I'm rusty as hell, haven't been playing pinball much for a while now. Need to get my shit together so I can see some of the new stuff!
Also dusting off an in progress mod I teased years ago, see if I actually get it finished this time, heh. There's a gaping hole in my game where I removed the stock stuff to work on it, playing it again is motivating me.

I think about this every once in awhile...what was Aurich planning?? I just figured you scrapped it. I’m not one of those “pest” pin guys so if/when it comes out...my MET will be here waiting to see if it’s cool or not

#14973 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aurich made an initial run of 30 custom hammers that have leather, chrome spikes etc. Really cool, but very time consuming it appears. He was kicking around the idea of making a larger run of less intricate of custom hammers, but the I believe Alien came around and the hammer was put in the back burner.

Yeah I knew of the hammers but they were for the prem/le models. As he just said he was toying around with a NEW mod idea....he didn’t give away much info on it though.

1 week later
#15119 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hey guys 3d printed this piston and painted it up. I think it looks cool and may print another to put on the other side but not sure yet. What you think of it? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks wicked cool!! I like the skull/piston combo...nice attention to detail. I’m not sure of the placement though

#15150 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additionally, on the plunge if you hold down the left flipper button [just like for a the super skill shot] and land the ball in the left top lane, you receive a 2x bonus or a 4x bonus for the right top lane.
if you can hit that shot repeatedly, you can rack up 3.1M (on the 3rd ball) for that one shot alone

Wow that’s news to me! Thanks!!

#15274 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Depends on what you're looking for.. we have a 200watt external sub and totally enjoy shaking the house on hammer locks or CIU jackpots... I mean, it's Metallica for chrissakes..

I’m in this catergory. I have a red tremor shaker motor and it rattles the glass!! Yes the glass shakes...I don’t care and I feel zero need to dampen it

3 months later
#16070 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've had them all lined up side by side and they were all silent.

What everyday tempered Pinball glass has never spoken to you?!

2 weeks later
#16170 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys!! Question, what's are the go to subwoofers for these things nowadays? I'm finally looking to install one but don't know what to go with. I do have an old non powered 12" sub that works but I'd have no idea how to hook it up to a pin, along with an external amp and it sounds like a waste of time and effort honestly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer

2 months later
#16493 4 years ago

But a backbox MOD will do that for you.

10 months later
#17598 3 years ago

Agreed. Those are goofy looking. MET needs a badass topper.

#17603 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

There's this one:[quoted image]

It’s fun to look at but it doesn’t kill it for me. I have yet to see a MET topper that just blows me away. There are many nice topper choices out there tho.

#17605 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love mine
[quoted image]

Haha yes I’ve seen that one too!! It’s wacky and one of kind...dude only made so many of them humungous bad boys

#17611 3 years ago

Is spinny-vinny still around? I messaged him about his ramp snake MOD but no reply after a few days.

5 months later
#17846 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All of the things you listed are cosmetic.

I’m confused by his paragraph too.

#17875 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

shooter rod, sparky, and snake mod w/ramp pieces all done by spinny-vinny. (apparently he has moved on from pinball mods & not sure he sells stuff anymore)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I missed out on the full ramp snake MOD cover. Bummer.

3 months later
#18203 3 years ago

Hey friends. I’m having an issue where the back 2 inline cross targets are resetting and dropping down immediately upon start up. I read a thread that fixed the issue with added washers to push the drop target lip over more to grasp it.
Does anyone know the size washer needed for this fix?
Thanks

#18209 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I had that problem after I replaced the targets with new ones (I had one break). Turned out the new targets were slightly warped. Heated them up with heat gun and bent them a bit so that the lips caught properly when reset. Worked perfectly after that.

Interesting. I’d still like to know the washer size. But I’d like to try this fix as well.
Thanks @mattosborn

6 months later
#19099 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Blue skies, green hay, life is good, metallica on the radio "and nothing else matters"

Pretty cool how it’s all lined up and systematic. Slow n steady wins the race!

8 months later
#19904 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I have the spinners on my Pro and they are great! If I progress the pick targets more quickly because of the spinners I don't even notice it or care. I don't care about tournament scoring or anything like that, just having fun. And spinners are definitely more fun than no spinners. I would recommend this mod to anybody with a Pro.
I have never seen someone be so passionately against this before I love my bastardized game

I’m in the “bastardized” game club too
And I’m never leaving.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Pinballerchef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.