Topic Stats

• 16,514 posts
  • 926 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 352 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,787 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6B0F5A65-E6C4-4CB3-BD95-2997A68C8934 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4613 (resized).JPG
IMG_4608 (resized).JPG
20190714_172123 (resized).jpg
20190714_172209 (resized).jpg
abcmetallica (resized).jpg
8D9C92D7-19D2-40D6-8FDF-99B94C21F58F (resized).jpeg
9AA6B948-F30D-4E19-AEEB-1DDE3DF0394A (resized).jpeg
9FAE932D-2109-40EE-94E2-A14E9858C7C8 (resized).jpeg
795D7FB4-A3C9-49C5-8B50-A65891374B0A (resized).jpeg
7C94140D-4F2F-4B52-9DE9-4490D010519F (resized).jpeg
F7E21765-6170-4375-9BE3-D6E87DF31676 (resized).jpeg
1D8903AD-8170-40BD-B0F5-64C1E5626FB8 (resized).jpeg
0CE93676-743F-4521-9DCF-71ED77EE0359 (resized).jpeg
1B2E0945-DF53-41B8-A507-725049BF099A (resized).jpeg
bf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The Hammer does not block the view. That is a mute point and has been for a few years now.

Quoted from Roostking:

Yea it blocks the mechanism and nothing else, but not going to rehash, we all have opinions. One thing you do miss is the thunderous BOOOOOM when it smashes the ball through the playfield. No mod can replicate or replace it. None.

How is there such a large boom when it has a mute point?

2 months later
#7230 3 years ago

Just joined the club! What a great game. The first thing I want to do is replace the plastic post at the top with a metal one. I see there is simply a metal post you can buy. Is it as easy as screwing this into the current assembly, or do you have to buy a whole new assembly to replace?

#7249 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You don't need a new assembly, just remove the assembly and slide old post out of coil and put new metal post in.

So can anyone who's replaced the plastic post with a metal one link the post they used? Thought this would be easier to find. Thank you!

2 months later
#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Good to know , but it sure is fun wingin' that ball around .

I have to disagree. Disabling it makes stringing combos together not feel as satisfying. Replacing the plastic post with a metal one has eliminated annoying rebounds too.

#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Swapping out that post is an absolute must. With the metal post, the ball is stopped 95% of the time. With the plastic post, it is rejected 95% of the time.

Absolutely. I cannot believe they chose such a small thing to cut costs on when it affects gameplay and flow so drastically.

1 month later
#8530 2 years ago

Anyone ever get stuck balls in the left orbit if it goes up slowly? The obvious solution is to try to bend the inside wire in a bit, but am curious to see if others have / had this issue.

#8538 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Finally reached End of the Line. Wow, what an exhausting game!

I've gotten to about 20% of that score in my short stint as an owner. I feel tired just thinking about the game it takes to get there.

1 week later
#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This mod is an absolute must if you want the game to play like it was designed to.

I could never go back to the plastic post. If you have not changed it out yet, do it now!

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You are one of the lucky ones. Most plastic posts cause greater than 50% rejects, mostly at the left orbit. Changed my LE to metal, rejects went to zero. My pro still has stock plastic, rejects all the fricken time.

Yeah, I would say mine were rejected well over half the time. None with the metal replacement.

I don't really know why Stern skimped out on such a small piece that makes such a big difference.

#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Umm bc they are cheap lol.... save a dollar or 2 on every met made and thats 5-10k extra.....

As jawjaw mentioned I don't mind the things that don't affect gameplay. Saving a buck or two per game just seems like a bad trade off when it negatively affects gameplay so much. Moot point now I guess.

3 months later
#9287 2 years ago

The ball hitting the post and coming back down the orbit the same way it came being construed as possibly intended is dumb.

The incline on both sides of the post feed to the bumpers for a reason. So yeah, one more vote for metal post!

1 month later
#10445 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

When sparky , or James starts counting down from 10 usually in multi ball what in the heck am I supposed to shoot for ?

Sounds like when the ball is being held by the grave magnet and the timer to knock it off for super jackpot.

#10488 2 years ago

Holy shit has this game pissed me off tonight. I don't think I averaged over 30 seconds per ball over the course of an hour. I've realized the only true safe shots in this game are the ramps.

Orbits to the pops, if ball comes out left watch out. Hit sparky and the ball is out of control and possibly screaming sdtm. Grave drop targets I feel you should never actively be aiming for especially when it takes two extra hits when they are all down to start MB and it dribbles back sdtm half the time. Coffin ricochets the ball out of control, and snake and scoop shoot it back at you 100 mph. Piston has the potential to hit the middle inlane divider and pop to the outlane.

Yes I'm frustrated as shit right now....No, I am never getting rid of MET!

#10496 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Tough night hugh. We all have them.

Well I only made one CIU that whole time and proceeded to score a whooping 700k on it... so yeah.

#10499 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

How can i hear Jack Fukin'Pot? I made some super jackpot with Grave MB but i haven't hear this callout yet... No censure in adjustments.

You have to activate double scoring through the piston target and also double scoring by hitting all the picks and then the snake for add a ball, then if you hit a JP with 4x scoring you get the special call out. Always a fun time hearing it!

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Hey guys,
I did about an hour of searching and didn't find anything so I'm assuming the game is acting as it should, but wanted to ask anyway for clarification... Are the grave marker drop targets supposed to reset frequently? I can have 2 or 3 turn and hit a snake shot or ramp shot and it'll click like 3 times and reset them. Seems odd that a shot that's already as difficult as that one would reset itself within the same ball. Just got the machine Thursday so wanted to make sure that's how it's supposed to act. Thanks!

Not that I am aware. Only time I see this happening during an active ball is after a MB has played out and I'm back to one ball.

4 weeks later
#10733 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Have this mod and have to say its awesome!

Agreed. A must imo.

1 month later
#11034 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So this metal post is for a right orbit shot when the post is raised that will prevent bouncing back down the right orbit?

Was both left and orbit rejects for me previously. It fixed both. It has to be a scorching right orbit shot to even have a chance of bouncing back. The left never bounces back now.

#11053 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Both the pops and the top lanes are very important if you want to maximize your score.

I also find that hitting the orbit shots that flow all the way through during a combo feel much more satisfying compared to disabling the diverter and having every orbit shot go all the way around...It's the little things.

2 weeks later
#11169 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey Bee-Dow, YOU started shit with me when I simply posted what I did in that Show Off Your Sparky thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-post-your-custom-painted-sparky-here/page/3#post-3775549
I didn't realize that thread was for Elite Artists Snobs. But you sure shit all over my posts so much that I just deleted them because I wanted nothing to do with a douchebag who takes doll painting SO seriously. I thought it would be a fun thread to participate in but you sure pissed all over that notion.
Why would you feel "trolled" because I commented on a photo of a clown sparky that was taken at a show? I didn't comment directly to someone who posted, "Hey check out my Sparky!". I didn't comment or reply to anything you said. I simply wondered why a clown would be on a Metallica. Like maybe I was missing something and now clowns are a part of Metallica's live act or whatever.
Get over my opinion of clown Sparky. Isn't art subjective? I'm entitled to my opinion whether you approve or not. I only know you on this forum because you never cease making snide comments about how I modded my sparky. I'm not selling them, so I'm not competition for you (I think you sell them?), so again, I ask why the fuck do you care?
Now that I know it bothers you SO much though.... Oh, and I showed that clown sparky photo to my wife and asked her opinion. She replied, "You are NOT putting a clown on Metallica. That's ridiculous looking."

Why shouldn't a creepy ass clown get fried though?

#11174 2 years ago

You're queerer than a ten dollar bill.

2 weeks later
#11270 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You should get the $5 skull insert instead

This.

2 weeks later
#11431 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Maybe chopping wood is too harsh, but I owned mine for over 3 years. Loved it. But eventually, I guess like all pins, I wore out from the grind.
It takes a lot to get to the CIU modes and I used to focus on hurry ups to make it a little more fun to get there, but eventually it wore on me.
For novice players and kids, there's no way they'd see CIU modes. It's too involved. I don't think a single guest (non-players) of mine ever got to one. They'd drain before it was even active.
Don't get me wrong it's an awesome game (an arcade a mile from my house as a premium, so that made it easier to trade it away).
Rule wise, I think It's just missing a couple mini wizard things to being a perfect pin though.
I think Seek and Destroy is one of the best modes in pinball ever.

I've cut the amount of hits needed to qualify for CIU in half. Now guests have a fighting chance at seeing a CIU mode.

Alternatively, you could keep the hits needed at 15, but change it so inserts stay lit after you drain. Makes it easier to see CIU and also S&D.

6 months later
#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok cool, thanks alot for clarifying that I appreciate it. I really like the CIU mode so far but i just need to do better at it. Is there any one of those modes that i should pick or are they all about the same score wise?

I would only say that Battery sucks. Fade to Black is my favorite especially when you complete it and the lights go out. Enter Sandman is a lot of fun too. Really unique mode. FWTBT is good if you just like to let it fly.

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For me, Battery seems to be the lowest scoring. FWTBTs I have had some great scores. It helps to get 2x scoring lit, and then cash out on the scoop. In a CIU mode you need to hit each of Sparky, Cross, Snake and Coffin to allow to you cash out and finish the mode (again these inserts light up to show which ones you have left to collect to cash out).
Scoring in the mode itself varies for each mode. Basically, in Sparky you hit him over and over. Fade to Black is all switch hits and the lit up shot. Enter Sandman changes the flashing shots based on switch hits (hit a shot with flashing inserts and you collect that insert. Collect all inserts for big bonus). FWTBT is set up like a grid - each shot collects one insert on that shot).
I personally love Fade to Black as you literally have the lighting on the game fade darker and darker as you get more switch hits.

Good explanation. For Battery I’m pretty certain you can hit other shots to increase Sparky’s Bash value as well. Still sucks though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pollock Pines, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballNewb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside