met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#759 9 years ago

wow. they have one ugly crowd at the concert in that translight . So much going on , and which one is sparky. the one with the eyes popping out or the guy to the right with the Stern logo at his mouth ?

1 month later
#999 9 years ago

Damn.. I will try this strategy out now.. Bye

6 years later
#17806 3 years ago

STill my Grail #1 pin but have Gnr Coming . Only time will tell if Gnr Puts my Grail to 2nd . Can not wait to sit it next to my Metallica

#17808 3 years ago

Seeing them together Sweet Show that was and the 2 Pins side by side extra awesome

1 month later
#17918 3 years ago

Still my #1 fav game to play . And I love The Roadcase Premium The Best , Such a Rare Bird it is, I have only seen 2 others ever , Wish i knew how many were out there

1 week later
#17959 3 years ago

has anyone replaced the Coffin lock Cube Metal yet or can you just turn it 180 degrees and use other side?

#17961 3 years ago

i have seen that way done but like original flat Square as is. A shame the edges get burred and can scratch pinballs which is bad so i take care or the edge every so often to smoothen it out and debur the failing steel .. now is indented but i don't know if i can just turn it around or have to buy new Block.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:I swapped mine out for a regular captive ball as soon as I got the game.

20201129_121000 (resized).jpg20201129_121000 (resized).jpg20201129_121018 (resized).jpg20201129_121018 (resized).jpg
#17966 3 years ago

he was looking up at the DMD with the famous WTF is going wrong face

Quoted from finnflash:

What's up with Sparky's head?

1 month later
#18032 3 years ago

nICE mAD Hatter Sparky

3 months later
#18401 3 years ago

The Purple matches the Graffiti artwork perfectly . Would not work on the Limited Roadcase however

1 week later
#18417 2 years ago

Great mod man , i have it too.
To me The premiums SnakeMouth is one of the best Bash toys in the game with the working Jaw / I do not consider Sparky a bash toy just like i do not consider lil Deadpool one / Sparky is just there and an opto triggers a hit and lil deadpool is just a standup target with a mounted bracket on top and you hit the standup target /
Now the Snake mouth is operational , you hit when closed / shoot a ball in when open , it closes with ball in it and that is a functional toy .
Wolverine is a bash toy / hit wolvie to activate / the well walker is a bash toy .
I guess the Barn door With Zombie in it is also a cool Bash toy.
lil Deadpool is not a bash toy. there is no bash toy in deadpool . I said it !

1 week later
#18476 2 years ago

"Having spent $7000 on my met premium and $7600 on my tron pro I'll agree...lots more mets to choose from.

Jfc I can't believe I spent this kind of money on any pins, ever..."

and shouldn't ! but considering the price for nib Stern pro is now 6199 or some crazy ash number like that I can see a tron costing 7k and at least it isn't a Spike Homepin with a coin door pretending to be a Commercial grade Pinball machine like that of Tron

#18477 2 years ago

6500 Was the Price of a Commercial Grade Metallica Premium Just a stone throw of years ago. Now a Cheap Ash Pro is that ! Tragedy!

#18484 2 years ago

tRON=rEAL PIN
Met= Real Pin
BM66 and every Spike pin There after is a Homepin
Twd was the last of real Stern Pinball Machines Commercial Grade .
That is what i am saying .
Many know this already though .
hey at least you can get new titles , And soon maybe you can swap inside decks and just change Mpu and a few node boards and wallah !! pin2k revisited

#18496 2 years ago

Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:AHAHAHA touche. I've not been much of a player (let alone collector) of newer games period so I can't speak on a lot of this. Met and Tron were my two biggest grail titles. I have a Black Knight Sword of Rage coming in a week or so (straight across trade for a super cheap Avengers Hulk LE I bought) and I've never played it. Guess I'll see if I like it at all. Hard to go wrong with a Ritchie game USUALLY and I love the black knight IP. These three are likely it for me as far as moderns go for...a while.

When you get the Bksor ,Let me know how you feel about quality of the build /one to the other .
Everything i had after i sold my TWDle from stern as spike felt cheapo , Costco Cheapo !

Quoted from swampfire:

This almost feels like a troll post. I’ve put Aerosmith and Stern JP on location, and they’re just as reliable and robust as any of my SAM games have been in home use. They aren’t “Homepins”. Heck, my friend’s mall arcade is almost completely Spike 2 games. They very rarely break down, and when they do it’s usually something mechanical that we can fix ourselves.

I hope for you and new Spike game holders this stays the way !/
not a Troll post , just many would not touch the Costco Cost games at the lower price so they just upped the game to standard size cabs and cheaper by the Bundle parts by cutting more and more corners . Not Sterns bashing either . just the Prices of the Pro/premium /le i am .
No way jose!! i will not thow down more than 4600-5k with mods Spikes . nope sorry / Not me . not your guy

3 weeks later
#18676 2 years ago

i like this Translite
And i liked the Pro one too. I have Both but nothing wrong with the Real Guys One at all.
I actually like it better than the Monsters one that just has to much going on. But The Pro translite is awesome for the game because it matches the playfield art And Framed the Real One and hung it up. Lovin It

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow! It's the Lars "beaver tooth huge forehead" edition.

2 weeks later
#18805 2 years ago

Met is one of the games premium balls which gets magnetized are not a good choice. Same with STTNG / Get regular Balls

#18809 2 years ago

it rocks right... Even Better when you use pinbrowser and add songs you like or grab an already modified one from a good Pinbrowser editor .
Thank you Sparky //
Hey what happened to Fluffy ?

Quoted from Kenz:I upgraded the sound package to Flipper fidelity 10inch sub option. Wow!

2 months later
#19155 2 years ago

must be talking Pro Snake mouth scoop. I have no issues ever on my Premium . I could never be content with a pro.
the Interactive skake Droptarget mouth is so fkin Cool

Quoted from ralphs007:

My Metallica is much better now,and I also added 3m double sided foam tape to the face of the power scoop just for an experiment. It helps to soften the blow,and it makes the mystery scoop more receptive .
I Googled adding foam to the scoop of a pinball machine. That's when a whole thread of MMr owners came up. They were talking about bending the scoop like I did,and they also mentioned adding dead drop foam to the power scoop. I bought some on ebay, to replace the 3m foam I'm using.
Hth
Ralph

3 weeks later
#19217 2 years ago

Insane!!!!!

Quoted from pinzrfun:Well, I quit the club this morning, moved out my HUO Met LE MoP and making way for a Godzilla Premium. It was fun while it lasted.
[quoted image]

3 months later
#19507 2 years ago

check your serial number to this one maybe you be lucky and get new board

Quoted from Bestshore:Pm sent
I totally appreciate all the help people provide here.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb182.pdf

2 weeks later
#19570 2 years ago

Keychain

Quoted from loneranger:Anyone know where this plastic goes?
[quoted image]

#19572 2 years ago

a Goodie bag Extra . I used it on my Coin Door set of keys

2 months later
#19810 2 years ago

<block quote cite="#6866942">Anyone have the directions on how to install the UV lights that go down the sides of the playfield that light up when sparky gets shocked? I bought a machine and I think they are not installed correctly? Hard to tell in the pics but the right side sits much higher than the left side?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a pinball refinery mod . you can try to contact Steve from Pinball refinery or check thier webpage.

Pretty sure it connects to the sparky flasher..

3 months later
#20145 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Finally got the newton ball installed on my LE. Wow, I never realized how big of an eyesore that block was. Opens up the shooting lane to Sparky from the right flipper to.
That pic was before it was completely secure.
[quoted image]

I like the original block and won’t change it.

#20173 1 year ago

My opinion Also doesn’t matter but here it is-I absolutely love the hammer and bash drop balls into the playfield and would feel terrible missing it along with all the other premium perks as in rising cross from playfield as well as the snake jaw that actually functions and the two spinners and all the light coding. So for me there is no pro . It is not an option and dead to me. Waste of good parts that could have been used making nothing but premium and le models. Honest thought I have when thinking about making a sub par model off a masterpiece

Quoted from mikespins:

I too don't like the hammer. I prefer Pro for this reason, but my opinion doesn't matter! lol

#20175 1 year ago

You had to be equally as thrilled for everything else the pro lacked which is alot that you got when you upgraded

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I had the pro and the primary reason I sold it to buy the Prem was the hammer pounding the ball below the BP.

I think the snake jaw operating could be equally missed and ramps up the gameplay

#20177 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Metallica pro is awesome. Also, Metallica premium/le is awesome.

They are indeed !! Can’t go wrong and surprised they didn’t go even cheaper with a home model as this title exploded when first released like no other

7 months later
#20681 1 year ago

I have left and right roadcase cab decals . My opinion is they look better than MOP art anyway. But good luck for I almost couldn’t find even these anywhere. I still need front decal and top left and right roadcase art to be complete

#20689 1 year ago

And he would love a scan of your LE Cab art .

Quoted from Roostking:Oh thanks, he meant Met LE. Im familiar with that.[quoted image]

3 months later
#20982 10 months ago

The stock hammer is awesome to me. . The hammer mod is dumb

Quoted from Anony:There's pin2dmd that is a decent amount cheaper and looks really good too. It's what I went with since getting a real colorDMD here in Canada is super expensive.

Yeah agreed, of all the mods I'd say Aurich's hammer is up there at the top of the list with a color DMD.

#20984 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Too funny! You prefer an oversized blowmold plastic hammer?

it is a good one yes, got the faces in it. If it came color painted it would have been even better but you can get modfather to paint it . Hey if the wood hammer appeals to you buy it . I like the hammer as is . I am sure opinions go both ways and mine is to the original. No issues . Color dmd is a must yes

4 weeks later
#21047 9 months ago

I have an original old men premium translite .

4 weeks later
#21089 8 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have #199 and my buddy has #200. Never selling!

And you shouldn’t as it is the greatest pinball of our time !!!!!!

1 month later
#21147 6 months ago

The color dmd in my premium looks fking awesome and not outdated in the least. Any owner with a color dmd in this game will say the same . As is it is an awesome display and many modes and great colors on every scene . No need for any new display whatsoever!!!!!!!

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

AC/DC had a "Vault" run about four years ago. Metallica had simply an additional run - also about four years ago, maybe five. Both of them are still commanding solid prices in the used market, but I get the impression that MET is slightly more sought after and, if it were between MET and AC/DC, Stern would run MET. I mean, isn't Metallica touring to support a new album? Is AC/DC also touring?
I realize no one thinks Stern would ever update the display of a SAM game if it were rerun, so maybe they will just run MET in exactly the same configuration as before. A new pin with a monochrome DMD is going to look CRAZY dated alongside a SPIKE2 pin with an LCD, but it should still sell as well as, say, Bond just because the layout and code are so beloved. And maybe buyers are feeling a little Zombi Yeti overload and will respond to Dirty Donny's great art package for MET.

to me if it was rerun as a spike it would be a cheaper grade game and would tell anyone in the hobby to pick up an original!!!

#21166 6 months ago

If you have an original release game up to a certain point serial # then you may have an original magnet board that has been replaced by stern if you submitted a ticket to replace as they had problems like you are experiencing here. You can look up that stern bulletin and check yourself and stern may help you out on that . Good luck . Met premium is my number 1 pin made ever !!!! And not sure why anyone needs a spare playfield as mine looks like it did day one with no evidence it will ever need to be swapped with an owner that keeps up proper maintenance and cleaning!

Quoted from ralphs007:Occasionally the coffin magnet on my Met premium holds the ball to long, preventing it from entering the ball lock.Then the magnet returns back to the playfield ,still holding the ball. After the magnet returns to the playfield,the ball comes loose ,and goes back into play. I also noticed that if I hit the coffin magnet right after the ball was released,the magnet grabs the ball,and sometimes its released into the coffin lock,like it should
I did replace the balls,but the problem is I can still hear that the magnet is still being energized,so the ball isn't released.
Can this be a problem with the magnet board?
I've been going back and forth with Sterns tech support,and so far no improvement.
The ball lock plunger was acting up,so I gave the optos a quick cleaning with alcohol,and they seem a little better. Before the cleaning the the ball lock plunger would keep firing after it was empty. I'm not really sure if the cleaning helped or not.

2 months later
#21421 4 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’m guessing it will be the same art and layout, but “upgraded” with a LCD screen with maybe some concert footage added. Add some new armor and voilá—“new” game for double the price of the original.

who wants concert footage clips. If they are anything like Led Zeppelin’s short clips -no thanks . The color dmd and clips now are already the best of any current Dmd . Not sure this or the art can be any better than it already is

1 month later
#21547 81 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

That mech is cool when it works ! Always been flaky.

Never was flaky for me !! Still works fine , no issue . Sorry for your woes!

1 week later
#21582 70 days ago

Spike is lesser quality,PERIOD!!!
I could care less how many spike fanboy naysayers who didn’t yet experience a failed node board chime in saying it is good and never had a problem with them , !

If you look at my past games history you see I have been through most pinball companies games in my collection and have only had issues and repeated issues with stern spike games.
So my experience is personal and perhaps mine alone and stand by the fact I feel and know spike is not a system I want in my lineup and won’t have a place until the integrity of the spike product and the availability and price reaches a tolerable level which it is not now with the stern node boards .

Also turn on old stern pinball machine and play in 4 seconds , most of my old spike games takes more than a minute up to 2 minutes to boot up and forgo the node board boot up sequence while I pray they all work or the game won’t play at all.

Not just 40 seconds extra .

I just can’t wait to see what if any will be improved on. I doubt anything good !

One can hope . The stern fanboy brigade is already claiming great stuff without any info. But fanboys will be fanboys . Stern can do no wrong !

#21586 70 days ago

Hopefully a good product arises! Me, I have a Mettallica premium that I covet as #1 pinball machine ever made ! Yes a Stern !
But by no means a fanboy of Stern (currently) .

Quoted from John_I:LOL! You must not read my posts because I already mentioned that and labeled it as a clusterf*ck. I am totally aware and understand that issue as an early Rush premium buyer. I spent the ten minutes to cut out the offending connector in my Rush and prevent the Node 10 issue from ever happening. Even if it did happen, Stern has sent out replacements outside of warranty to make almost everyone whole. There are still a few people with broken machines from this issue, hence the clusterf*ck label. I don't want to minimize or ignore their pain.
No system is perfectly designed or 100% reliable, but it is simply a fact that SAM and SPIKE 2 are both great systems and SPIKE 2 is more reliable and more foolproof. Not to mention the SPIKE 2 boards are more readily available for purchase these days. Try to find an MPU or driver board for SAM and then make sure it is the correct one for your machine of the five different types they made.
Back to Metallica. Whether or not you are on board, it will be interesting to see what Stern comes up with. Hopefully not a fail.

1 week later
#21614 63 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

My initial thoughts are that its time to pull my Metallica off marketplace. Seems like a lot of people were hoping for a Spike port of the original with LCD which doesn't seem like it's happening

if true it will be a sad day for those who ditched their original game ! Can’t wait to see this modern marvel !!! I hope it is a great machine like the original and if not ,my thanks will be to Stern for failing and saving me money again !!!!

#21615 63 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Most likely it will feature concert footage, pictures of old men playing instruments and songs from Metallica's newer albums. I'm a fan of Metallica but not some diehard. None of those things appeal to me in any way.
I'm interested in what the new Spike platform will be like though, that should be neat to see.

Definitely will be neat if spike 3 has more powers so they could put even less boards in it at a higher cost (profit) for them at stern !

#21624 61 days ago

we will never know. could be Star wars/Deadpool/Godzilla/elvira to name a few reruns of sales . some still being produced and stern Keeps thier Profits and machine numbers Classified Like UFO files .

Quoted from newpinbin:

Does any one know if Metallica was Sterns highest selling pin?

1 week later
#21634 53 days ago

Me too on the Metallica anniversary game . I hope it is a single level small game like a Bond 60th and hope it to is over 15k and super special so it is easy for me to say no way on buying it just like a Bond 60th.

Quoted from Codybomb2000:

unfortunately, i don't think stern is going to remake anymore dmd games like you said, but there are rumors that they may be making a metallica anniversary game. just like JB 60th LE. im hoping they do make a remake of the game but as an anniversary edition but i also hope they also make a new game because if they make another remake it could potentially de value the older Metallica games.

1 month later
#21647 18 days ago

Met is still my number one!!!!!! What seems a simple design with so deep an awesome code ,the game has been hard to beat as far as code.shots and fun factor . So far has outlasted any pinball in my vast history !

#21648 18 days ago

Can’t go wrong with either model but I personally could not do a pro ! To much a downgrade with to many missing elements!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.