51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oshara.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11179 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

I've lurked around this site for a long time but never bothered making an account because I had nothing to talk about. Those days are over now, its time to join the club! Just got my first pin yesterday. Picked up a HUO Metallica Monsters Premium from Kurt at hemispheres amusements. I've played plenty of pros out on location but never a premium. For the price I couldn't pass it up. Ordered some leg protectors, a pin gulp, some super bands , and a full set of plastic protectors from pinbits. Really looking forward to diving into this game over the weekend without my job getting in the way!

Congrats! Great pin to start with.

#11191 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

thanks to everyone that replied on the wire ball guides
my next problem is with the snake kick out on my premium, but I believe that I've finally figured out this issue
for those of you that have had to completely dismantle the snake assembly to insert the teeth from mezelmods.com, and are now experiencing ejected balls that seemingly kick out where ever they damn well want to instead of to the left flipper, this is what I've found:
not only is it a rather complicated assembly, it's a pain in the @ss to re-assemble and position the parts correctly. incorrectly assembling it is the cause of the balls being ejected in a somewhat random fashion because the plunger assy [part no. 515-7309-00] is not striking the ball dead-center when the coil is fired

the 2 longer metal screws that join and line up the 2 assemblies together (as indicated with the green highlighted areas). those plates need to line-up *perfectly* before you tighten all six screws; the 2 metal screws joining the assemblies as well as the 4 wood screws that mount both assemblies to the playfield (indicated by the purple areas)
if the 2 assemblies are not lined up correctly, the nylon end of the plunger assembly will not strike the center of the ball as it sits in the snake's mouth, resting in the small, circular cut-out of the snake upper jaw weldment [part no. 515-9669-00] (as shown highlighted in blue in the above [inset] image)
it's ashamed that stern did not create these parts to automatically line up when they are assembled (either in the form of "ears" on the snake upper jaw weldment or the snake coil bracket assy [part no. 515-9671-00] or some sort of stiff gasket to line them up, because it's very difficult to see where the top of the plunger assembly is sitting in relationship to that circular cut-off of the weldment where the ball rests
I'm going to purchase an endoscope from amazon.com (like one in the link below) that has a 45° mirror to correctly align the assemblies and hopefully correct my issue
amazon.com link »
edit:
since the endoscope allows you to take photos and video, I'll try and take some of both and post here once I receive it on thursday (2017.jan.05)

This post talks about the snake kick out issue. Going to try to line mine up correctly today. My Metallica is only 2 months old and I get probably 40% Outlane drains, 50% kick outs that end up in the inlane, and 10% that go to the actual flipper.

5 months later
#12285 6 years ago

I just got my replacement playfield, got everything hooked up except these wires. If you see in the attached pic that I took while unplugging the PF, there is a female to female connector. I sent this connector back to Stern but the new PF didn't come with one. Does anyone know what this type of connector is called and if it's something I can find it at hardware stores? Kind of bummed I couldn't get my game back up and running for the weekend.

Thanks!
Osh

Missing connector (resized).jpegMissing connector (resized).jpeg

#12287 6 years ago

Thanks Vibe. Hoping to avoid having to wait on Stern mostly because it's a long weekend and I'm impatient

At least you gave me some better words to use when I call around to local stores.

#12291 6 years ago

Thanks Bellagio & Vibe, I can just have Stern send it to me, just trying to see if I can get it up and running this weekend. Appreciate the offer and advice.

Pin_Guy, good suggestion, I'll give that a try.

4 weeks later
#12479 6 years ago

Ever since we replaced our playfield, we've been having trouble with a ball getting stuck in the trough. Generally 3 balls make it all the way down, but about 40% of the time, the last ball stops 1-2cm before it touches the other three. Small nudges don't really push it either, we usually have to nudge hard enough to cause a tilt, or open the coin door and use a small object to push the last ball down.

Any suggestions?

Edit: +pic

IMG_1794 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpg

#12483 6 years ago

Thanks Neal, Rick, and Dave. I’ll try to adjust the switch. Appreciate the advice!

#12487 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If the adjustment doesn't work. Rather than buy a new one, swap switches 1 & 4. The extra weight of the balls will most likely cause the stiff switch (previously switch 4 now switch 1) to register

Another great tip thanks! Adjusted the switch and looked good through the ~50 tests I did. Hopefully it’s solved but will try this if the problem persists.

4 weeks later
#12717 6 years ago

Ok I've tried to be self sufficient but can't make heads or tails of the manual to track down some lighting issues I'm having. The start button lamp, bottom pop bumper flasher (the yellow light on top of the bumper), and the 6 flashers behind the playfield on the back panel are all not working.

I've traced what I believe to be the start button (Yel-Brn) to LED board 4, but the connections look fine and some other lights powered by this cable (left/right pop bumpers) are working fine. I've tested the start button LED in another slot, and it lights fine, and I tried testing a bulb I knew to be working in the start button but didn't light, so it seems to be wiring. I haven't gotten that far with the other lights.

Any guidance is appreciated, any any help deciphering the manual to help track down the issues would be great!

#12719 6 years ago

It’s a prem. All LED. I’m fairly certain it’s a power problem not a bulb one. At least the bulbs I’ve tested seem fine. I will test the rest when I get home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oshara.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.