51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

687 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 3.
#686 10 years ago

Nice. Now ya gotta light up the eyes. Red?

#692 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I did...and it's worth it. Very nicely made and very easy to install.
The red eyes take a little getting used to in the beginning, but after 2-3 games, the red eyes seem part of the game.
I would recommend it.

So you get a new snake head with the eyes and replace yours with the new one?

#693 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpg 226 KB

Very nice. Interesting to see how you did it.

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

New head replace original

Is the mod 6 or 12v and is it plug N play? Sorry for so many questions.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

bought some loose Metallica figures at estate sale for 5$. one day when I get one I can load it up with extras.

101_0222-594.JPG 246 KB

If you put all that on you won't be able to see the ball.

4 months later
#726 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"murdered out" ye olde flipper bats today to match the plastics + orange protectors from lazeriffic.
\m/, ,\m/

bats.jpeg 125 KB

Looks cool, I've got chrome bats and flor. green protectors.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I finally get to join this thread properly, been wanting one of these for a little bit now. Picked up a really clean LE yesterday from a friend and fellow Pinsider. I'll probably tinker with it a bit, I usually do, but for the moment just hooked it up to a sub and and am enjoying getting the feel for the gameplay.

That's great and an LE too. I knew it was just a matter of time.

#740 9 years ago

I "was" thinking about selling my Refinery Met a while back but when the new code came out I decided to keep it. Glad I did, it's a blast.

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Still have to wire up the powered sub and I have a Cemetary mod and Arcadeupkeep extreme backbox light kit and I think I'll be done lol.

For now.

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlover50:

Hello ! I am new here i have Metallica premium and love this game.

Welcome. Where are you from and how many games do you have?

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Aurich I'm loving it!
Here is a blow by blow of my METLE adventure... I decide to make it a family affair we left Friday night and stayed the night in Coos Bay then we headed to the Bandon Game park cpic (my daughter and her best buddy petting a 6 week old tiger cub) then we swung into the prehistoric gardens where my wife and nearly got eaten by a T-REX after that we went thru the redwoods (damn nearly got my truck wedged inside this tree) after the Redwoods we shot down to see my buddy Kevin in McKinleyville... Loaded up the METLE and beat feet home we got in last night about midnight. The family and i had a blast and I found a piece of treasure at the end of the journey

image-730.jpg 91 KB

image-638.jpg 85 KB

image-887.jpg 74 KB

image-785.jpg 61 KB

image-721.jpg 68 KB

image-865.jpg 48 KB

image-61.jpg 45 KB

Now THAT'S the way to do a road trip. Enjoy the new game.

#807 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just got my premium on Wednesday

10441979_10202005019516825_24099... 87 KB

10399983_10202005019276819_45645... 68 KB

10527331_10202005007316520_51743... 78 KB

VERY nice.

1 week later
#836 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Iam also noticing where the ball drops on the inlane switch blade from the right wire form ramp, it has bent it towards the side of the slot touching the wood. Can I bend this over, or do I have to replace it? The left ball drop in the inlane appears fine, but the right one when it drops off ramp, it slams the blade into the side of the cut out slot. Thanks.

Yes, it's only a wire.

#871 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Feel free to come over and try your hand.

What does your level say Frax?

#879 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

At rest, the left flipper sits higher then the right flipper bat, it is just above the playfield, where the left one is what i'am use to seeing. I pulled them both and everything seems ok, so not sure what is causing it to look off some. They are not the stock bats, they are chrome bats.

Sounds to me like the metal shaft is bent or where it goes into the plastic bat is crooked.

2 weeks later
#976 9 years ago

Yeah that is pretty sharp, one of a kind too.

#1017 9 years ago

Just put Sparky's MDM on my Refinery Pro. It's really neat.

IMGA0180.JPGIMGA0180.JPG IMGA0181.JPGIMGA0181.JPG
#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I completed battery tonight for 8M. I dare any of you mofos to beat that! Ya you read that right, 8 million baby!
I love it when you get coffin mb then can get snake mb or grave marker mb, then complete it all with RTL mb. Had 3 of those 4 going and fuel and blackened all at the same time then hit a big JP and James screamed, 'Holy F*ckin shit!' And I lost it and drained lol

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Welcome to the Met club! The honeymoon seems to never end!

Congrats....nuthin like NIB.

#1067 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

MDMs? Is that your video mod? I'm actually considering it. I have ST too, just waiting to free up some funds

I have it on my Refinery Met Pro and love it. Here is where I put mine. I bent the MDM mounting support so the viewing angle is perfect. The hex post is from a PBB double spot light and works perfectly. I have one for my ST Pro also but haven't put it on yet.

IMGA0180.JPGIMGA0180.JPG IMGA0181.JPGIMGA0181.JPG
#1072 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

@ MustangPaul , can you post a pic a little further back showing the MDM placement ?

Sure, here ya go.

IMGA0183.JPGIMGA0183.JPG IMGA0182.JPGIMGA0182.JPG
#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Wrong Paul, but I am pretty sure he means pinballbulbs.com.

Yeah that what I meant.

#1076 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yep, I'm definitely moving mine to that spot!

It's perfect, I find myself watching the vid before I plunge.

#1078 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Gotta pick one up. Do you find it distracting during CIU modes when the lighting is darkened?

Not really, I'm to focused on the game then.

#1082 9 years ago

You gotta quite using those cheap non reg balls. Just checked mine and I have a little less then 1/8th inch clearance.

#1090 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

just physically bend the ball guide away from the orbit by hand (shouldn't take too much on each side)

Easy fix....zero $$$.....unless you break something.

#1093 9 years ago

and this coming fro a guy by the name of "Ballsofsteel". Priceless.

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Has anyone else noticed that sparky no longer does the Nanananoooo when activated? Since the new update I have yet to hear him say this as it was my favorite.. Am I just missing it or did they do away with it?

Good question.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

man! your having the worst luck! prolly got blue balls from all that teasing..

Nah...he's just to picky. Major bummer.

#1140 9 years ago

He just wants to hear the call outs, I'm sure he'll turn the music back up when he's done. Quit raggin on the guy.

#1143 9 years ago

I hope it was worth the loooooooooooong delay. Enjoy.

1 month later
#1216 9 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do with this? I was thinking of making illuminated wall art.

That's what I've been doing with mine. Not lit up yet though. I had to take the Christmas tree lights off the CSI cuz they wouldn't stay taped down. Looked really great with the 12 dif. light patterns too.
3 PF.JPG3 PF.JPG

#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Just finished installing a new LED kit and some mods (crosses by the pop bumpers, spot lights, led strip by the flippers and back, snake tongue, cliffy kit)
Also swapped out the translight to a monster signed by John Borg.

IMAG1669.jpg 173 KB

IMAG1671.jpg 318 KB

IMAG1670.jpg 301 KB

Purdy.

#1242 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Full LEDs, mirror blades, shaker, sparky and snake lighted mod, back box light mod, geo interactive light mod, full powder coating, coffin eyeball, Cliff burton signed translight

Sound like you have almost a Refinery edition. Except for the Cliff Burton part.

#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

What made me look closer at this, was because of the ball coming right back at the flipper when the shot is made up there .Can you all check left ramp and ball guide there on left side/ If you look in the pic's you can see the issue. It must have been installed like this from factory, I only had this game since July, about 200 plays or so. That guard rail is bent all the way down. Tried bending with fingers but she not budging. No way ball strikes did this on such little plays. The edge of ramp is getting direct hits and is starting to get bashed.

1911881_10202497860957553_452408... 65 KB

10171850_10202497861637570_46992... 55 KB

Just looked at mine and it's straight up and down. Lift the pf and see if it's bolted on, if so you should be able to remove and straighten it. I can't get at my game to check. If you can straighten it and put it back in I'd change all the balls, they are probably pretty banged up which is not good for the pf.

#1253 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I wonder if loosening those two wooden screws on the ramp flap would allow me to slide it over some. If you see my pic, it seems it could slide some to the left which will put the edge lined up with the guard rail. Would I need to make new holes under the ramp flap after adjustment?
Thanks

I don't think that would be a good idea and I don't think that would work. Look and see if you can unbolt it from the underside and take it off, I'm pretty sure you can. It has to be fixed the right way. No hack job.

#1255 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I will have to look to see if its bolted. If it is, how do I go about straightening it out?

Run nuts the complete length if the threads, put that in a vise then bend the unthreaded part with whatever will work but something without teeth as not to mar the part surface, something like a cresent wrench.

#1261 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

but your saying the guard rail is secured from under the playfield with nuts? I though these were hammered into the playfield

I can't get at my game that's why I asked you to check yours.

#1274 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can clear or flourecent purple rubber be bought? Any suggestions on what to Mod it with?

Clear yes but floresent purple I don't think so. I put a plasma disc on mine.

IMGA0026.JPGIMGA0026.JPG
#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

It's a MUST HAVE.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dammit! I knew that would be the case. I was going to order one last night and mentioned it to the wife. She put a kabosh on that. I think she's at her limit with my pinball purchases as of late. Just wanted to see how far I should push for it.....looks like I'll just ask for forgiveness and forget the whole permission thing. The way I see it. Ya spend that much on a toy, why now spend a hair more to make it that much better! I always think a shaker and a sub-woofer is a must have.

that's ONE of the reasons I never got married. I can do what I want.

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! Right on man. I hear ya. To be honest though, I wouldn't be able to afford the life I/We live without her income as well. I think I'll keep her

That's a good enough reason.

#1321 9 years ago

I for one like the all clear white leds in the new games, the facets in the inserts "sparkle" with them in.

#1324 9 years ago

Here's mine a EQ which is a little large 90X25cm = 36X9.5in. Next smaller is 70X15cm which is 28X7in. I believe. Still pictures don't show it well, it's constantly moving with the music.

IMGA0297.JPGIMGA0297.JPG

IMGA0292.JPGIMGA0292.JPG
IMGA0300.JPGIMGA0300.JPG

#1372 9 years ago
Quoted from geekmiki:

Finally! I'm joining the MET owner's club... Beautiful HUO MET Premium Road Case, with Monsters backglass (signed by Borg), a ton of cool mods and in perfect shape.
Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

photo.JPG 242 KB

Welcome, great game.

#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Joining the club today. NIB Met Pro is scheduled for delivery this afternoon! Just dragging through work waiting on that phone call.

Dang another one. Welcome, let the modding begin.

#1376 9 years ago

Hey you guys, you HAVE TO check out drummer Meytal Cohen's drum rendition video of Enter Sandman. She is one KICK ASS little lady and if ya have a good sound system CRANK IT UP! A friend posted it up on my FB page, it's on utube I imagine. I've played it about 10 times already. I wonder if she's that good playin the pin.

#1378 9 years ago

Don't know how, you'll have to find it yourself. Maybe Google her name or find it on utube. If ya find it post a link.

#1381 9 years ago

No that's not it, the one I saw was just her and the sound was alot cleaner.

#1383 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

These chicks are awesome..., any chick's who plays rock and roll are the best, thanks for adding!!!!
Listen to these chicks to compare...
» YouTube video
they are all great..I think she is the much better drummer, love this song...

I'll give um an A for effort but they just sounded off to me. Look for Meytal's video where she's all by herself, that's the one I saw and listened to.

#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Is this it? I've watched a lot of her in the past, she rocks!
» YouTube video

Yup that's it. Thanks, Is she from the States?

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Since we're talking Met and Meytal.....these are good as well!
» YouTube video

And my fav:

» YouTube video

Yeah those are great too. Thanks

1 week later
#1468 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh it's in the works right now.... pick up tentatively this Sunday....w00t

Have fun modding it. What's first to go on?

#1478 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh trust me, this one has all sorts of bells and whistles already on it...!
Pictures to come late this weekend. Weirpinball is setting me up SUPER well!!!

I know of 2 it doesn't have.

#1496 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

is there anything that I should do right away besides wax the playfield?

GET GOOD BALLS.

1 week later
#1568 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I just did not like the Metallica songs in the game, so I decided to create my LedZep pin.,
Sorry for the awful video, but the sound should be good., pin plays insane with them.!!
» YouTube video

That's a truly a one of a kind Met but you'd better watch out for the Met Boys....they'll come lookin for ya to do ya harm. I like it.

#1570 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

LOL, yes MPaul, I got back -up...thanks

FOTEBFD.JPG 179 KB

"THE" Jimmy Page?

#1572 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sure awful adequately describes that one. I think you just won the prize for most unwatchable video on Pinside.

and your gonna furnish the prize too right. If that's the case I want to enter for a chance to win some of your cool stuff.

#1582 9 years ago
Quoted from triadwatch:

Today I just came from limelines house where he changed up the music to play led zep which makes this pin amazing. I was not a Metallica fan but playing the game with led zep is awesome. He also changed up his acdc to play different songs as well pretty cool. Thanks limeline for having me over today and the music plays real well with the pin

Sounds like he may have started something.

#1602 9 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Just bought a Met pro

Nice. Now BLING the sucka out.

#1603 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yep i will make a sparky airball plastic for anyone that wants one for $5 (paypal as a gift) shipped to ya. Just need to have a USPS address (international is way to expensive). Pm me for paypal info.

I'll take one. PM sent. Thanks

#1606 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got Laseriffic's crosses in the back inlanes. Something about them really makes that area pop now. I love them - well worth the money to me!

20141112_210751.jpg 220 KB

20141112_210806.jpg 294 KB

They fill that dead spot with light and look perfect.

#1619 9 years ago

I've got these on my Refinery Pro and they look great.

#1623 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Started upgrading the audio system tonight. Waiting on the Boss amplifiers....
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. So you think the cab mid-sub was an improvement over stock and worth the money?

#1628 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

epic game tonight ,it was about 30 to 40 minutes to get this score, what an awesome pin!

20141117_164026.jpg 208 KB

Crap.....you aint commin to my house and playin mine. GREAT game, I'm jealous.

#1635 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Yeah, quite unlikely that mine will see that kind of score from me, unless I wuss out and turn on extra balls instead of replays and 5 ball mode...

Even then I wouldn't be puttin up a score like that.

#1638 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Officially in the club today!
This is the new style with the metal backbox, angled speaker panel with decal and LED's. Wayyy too bright for me, I'll be making some changes to the lighting in the near future. The speaker panel decal is ok, but I think they could have done better.
Think I'll be late for work tomorrow!

IMG_1202.JPG 142 KB

IMG_1235.JPG 205 KB

IMG_1236.JPG 268 KB

Welcome and let the modding begin.

#1644 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, yeah, maybe it looks better when you can see the sides of the cabinet, but that closeup shot does make it look a little out of place, it doesn't really match the feel of the translite. Cool design though, I don't think it was executed badly, just maybe should have matched the translite instead of the cabinet design.

To me it just looks drab, like the colors should be brighter.

#1646 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might be the way they printed it. For my Star Trek ones I had them laminated for extra gloss, makes the colors pop more.

That's what I was thinking.

#1649 9 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Joined the club today

image.jpg 237 KB

About time. Your room looks interesting. Got more pictures?

#1650 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

LOL, the only thing I changed on the factory settings was set it on free play, the ball just would not drain, it was a crazy game. it must be a great game cause I want to do it again, I did notice a few hard hits on the flippers during multi ball did push them down

They have no problem draining on my game, maybe yours is defective.

1 week later
#1673 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

shout out to Rickwh for the sparky plastic , I got it today and it is real nice, easy install and it looks great, do not hesitate to deal with Rick, thanks!

Got mine too and it's a quality piece. Thanks Rick.

1 week later
#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Why take them out... when you can simply let them fall out

Because they usually fall in a place where it takes ya 15min. go get it out of AND it's usually during an epic game.

#1736 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I picked up the same skull a few weeks ago... Still not sure if I like its placement on mine but a couple of my buddies thought it was cool

image.jpg 185 KB

I've got some skull and Cobra night lights for sale and am going to put a skull on my Refinery Met Pro. I put a Cobra on my Mustang and tied it into one of the pop lights and it really looks cool. PM me if your interested in a skull or Cobra night light not the mod, you have to mod it yourself. I have a post up on how I built the one for Mustang, the skull would be the same.

IMGA0510.JPGIMGA0510.JPG
IMGA0506.JPGIMGA0506.JPG
IMGA0504.JPGIMGA0504.JPG
IMGA0505.JPGIMGA0505.JPG

#1738 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Argh, the autolaunch on my MET is acting up again! During multiball today it was repeatedly launching balls directly into the right outlane. Yup, flipping them in the air somehow, over the lane guide and down the right oulane. Time to check it out.. again!
Rob

Dang, it's happened before?

#1739 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've got some skull and Cobra night lights for sale and am going to put a skull on my Refinery Met Pro. I put a Cobra on my Mustang and tied it into one of the pop lights and it really looks cool. PM me if your interested in a skull or Cobra. I have a post up on how I built the one for Mustang, the skull would be the same.

IMGA0510.JPG 202 KB

IMGA0506.JPG 89 KB

IMGA0504.JPG 130 KB

IMGA0505.JPG 301 KB

Just got done with the skull mod on MET Pro and started a topic about the build. I tried to get a picture of it lit up but it's tied into the flashers and impossible to get. Here it is on the game though.

IMGA0531.JPGIMGA0531.JPG IMGA0532.JPGIMGA0532.JPG IMGA0533.JPGIMGA0533.JPG
#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, before it was routinely launching balls into the middle of the playfield from the shooter lane. I adjusted the launcher several times before it seemed to be ok, but something is still wrong. The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path. Perhaps the shooter lane switch wire is hanging up and acting like a ramp.. I'll check it again.
As comic book guy might say, worst autolaunch ever!
Rob

Hope ya fix it for good this time.

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got my blank shooter rod from Terry so I mounted my skull.

image.jpg 85 KB

image-745.jpg 105 KB

Looks great but how does it feel when using it?

#1762 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

WELL..... worth it.

You bet it is, REAL easy to install. Removed one nut on the right side and one hex post on the left side but had to make that hole bigger so it would fit, that hole was a little off. When I put the hex post back on I had to put a washer down first then screw on the hex post. It really prevents air balls but I hope it doesn't get foggy from ball strikes.

#1802 9 years ago

I hear ya Ron after 9 months I still love my Pro, it's a Refinery though. I've put 3 homemade light up mods on mine and will be putting the Creeping Death mod on soon. What mods do you have on yours?

#1804 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

What is the Creeping Death mod?

Go to the Refinery web site to read and watch a vid of it. It's great.

#1811 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Started out with service rails, although not really a mod but I find it a necessity to do mods/service.
Shaker, Snake & Mystery Scoop flashers, Keith's Sparky plastic, Sparky helmet el wire, full Cliffy set, snake fangs & tongue, Rock Custom under-cab light kit and speakerlightkits.com kit with tie-in harness to match under-cab lighting sequence, which is really nice especially during Sparky hits/mb along with the CD lights, lights up the whole room!
And of course the Creeping Death lights and side-art. I find the lights to be blinding when standing to the side watching someone play, so I contacted Gio/Steve at Pinball Refinery and was able to order an extra set of the lightning decals that currently are on the sides of the plastic light rails, of which I'm going to apply to the top.
Thinking about upgrading the stock speakers like Kosmo did and I have a few little ideas brewing. I'll throw a few pics up when I'm done.

Nice bling, I'm waiting for my friend to come over and help me put the Creeping Death stickers on. I also have a small plasma disc to the right of Sparky and the light up skull mod I made to the left of Sparky, Modfathers flashing skulls on the speaker panel and a big light up audio equalizer as a topper. It really lights up back there now.

#1844 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

everyone is back in pretty much 100% now

That's great news. Back to pinball.

#1845 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I added these as well, what a difference, I'm however going to come up with a better solution to the light's plastic angle.

Share what you come up with please.

#1864 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will no longer be making any Sparky airball plastics.
If you have already contacted me about getting one, but haven't paid, and decide you still want one, I will complete that transaction and send you out one
If you have issues with sparky plastics that I have sent out over the last few months and need a replacement, I will support that and get you a replacement.
But I'm not going to be accepting any new requests.
Sorry for any inconvenience, but its time for me to focus more on family and not spend my weekends in the garage making plastics. Also the endless trips to the post office to get supplies is getting old too.
Thanks for all who have purchased a plastic from me and the kind words/feedback. I have been glad to have been able to help peeps out.
Thanks,
Rick

Completely understand Rick, thanks for your great product. Family first.

#1870 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The sockets in the slings are also a tricky spot for me. The 2 leds seemed to wash out or make bright spots on the plastics. So tried warm white retro leds from CT. They work better, but have a slight green tinge to them that i dont really like. The frosteds just look funny and dont out out enough light in this position.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried Comets new Sunlight bulb? The color temp is between regulars and retros.

#1889 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm sure most of u guys have already seen it, but Metallica has now jumped up to 11th in the PINSIDE top 100. Nice to see it's finally moving up to it's deserved place in the top 10. Top 5 next!

#1891 9 years ago

Looks great. Your gonna have tons of fun. Don't forget the self powered sub woofer.

#1929 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Became a member this weekend, plus this is my first NIB pin. So excited! Now just gotta keep my cool and order extras in an orderly fashion!

met 13.jpg 144 KB

Congrats. "order extras in an orderly fashion" yeah that aint gonna happen, there's a ton of "extras" out there and once ya get the mod bug all hell is gonna break loose. I even made some of my own mods to go along with the premade ones. Your gonna have a blast making it your own.

#1933 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I did that myself and I'm still not done! Welcome to the club of over-spending!

IMG_1310.JPG 252 KB

But Ron you still don't have my 2 home made and one store bought mods on yours so you have more to go. But I still have my Creeping Death to put on so your ahead of me there.

#1935 9 years ago

My coffin sticker lasted a few months before it lost it's stick. It's only one of those cling stickers.

#1959 9 years ago

For those of you with your minds in The gutter... I'm not talking about the crotch region of my pants

I was thinking no such thing.

#1972 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Was this a serious question?

Actually that's a good question. I have a Refinery MET Pro with the clear red apron and my rails have T nuts put in from the top under the apron for the back bolts, one on either side of the T nuts that are attached on the underside of the pf that are used for the 2 hex stand offs used to attach the plastic apron. So those would be attached first and then the other screws positions would be marked on the other end, up pf where there is space available, small pilot hole drilled 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 inch screws attached.

So T nuts mounted from the top under the apron is the way to go, they will be rock solid and never come out.

#1978 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I know about the knocker not being made but why? Isn't that sound part of the nostalgic pinball madness, why take away an integral part of the game to save a few bucks. Oh I know why so they can bend me over after spending almost $5K on a new machine.

I can see someone is in a bad mood tonight.

#1980 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No not at all I'm actually quite psyched about getting this game, but I wish I could get more for my money as I'm sure you would like to too.

New? When ya gettin it? I sure would but not having a real knocker doesn't bother me.

#1986 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Count your blessings... you could be spending $8k on WOZ, Hobbit to get a real knocker and service rails. Or $8k on a WOOLY, or $10k+ on MG, RAZA, AIW, etc. Or just get full featured Metallica Premium and call it a day.

Yeah, 10 years from now we'll be talking of "the good old days" and the "remember when" days of 5k NIB games. So enjoy while we can.

#1990 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

And everything they used to come with today...

I don't think we'll really have to worry about that, heck they may even come up with something completely new to put on um....like they put a laser on Star Trek just as one example.

1 week later
#2079 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Rails were a pain in the ass. Thank you 85vette! I set the right one then made sure the left aligned. It turned out perfect.

WP_20150123_20_40_01_Pro.jpg 208 KB

WP_20150123_21_15_27_Pro.jpg 165 KB

WP_20150123_001.jpg 137 KB

Glad ya got um on, they are worth the effort. Now do you know how to slide the pf into position?

#2081 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I thought all pinball machines would have those rails. Learn something new every day!

New Sterns did for a while then they went to the pegs as a cost saving measure.

#2084 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This worth complaining about?

WP_20150123_19_17_10_Pro.jpg 111 KB

that'll buff right out.........I think. I'd send them a picture and see what they have to say.

#2087 9 years ago

I wonder if the helmet mod will cover it.

IMGA0641.JPGIMGA0641.JPG
#2136 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Congrats, it really is a great pin, let the modding craziness begin, good luck and enjoy

Yeah, you'll go broke modding this one. But it's sooooooo worth it.

#2146 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I added a coffin with and a gi light. Doesn't appear that red in person, although I'm going to try other colors to see if I like something better.
I have to admit, that silver coffin posted in another thread looks pretty good.
The reflection in the second pic makes it look like the snake is rolling his eyes, like I know some of you will!

IMG_1357.JPG 265 KB

IMG_1358.JPG 345 KB

I think it looks good. How do you like your modified Creeping Death decal led strip holders? They look real nice. How did ya do it?

#2150 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I like them a lot, helps from being blinded when standing to the side while watching someone else play. I asked Gio at Pinball Refinery if I could order a set of the decals that are on the sides to put on top, which he replied "yes". I believe they were $15 for the set.

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

#2153 9 years ago

I see now, I haven't put mine on yet so I didn't understand how it mounted. I'll contact the Refinery and get 2 more stickers also. Thanks guys.

#2155 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have these guy back in stock again.
http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-eye-ball-coffin

image.jpg 147 KB

Great, it looks bare without it. But will they stick better?

#2157 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do they just stick right over the insert?

Yes, they are the static cling material.

#2176 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Check this out!!!

image.jpg 151 KB

one number shy of having the upgraded board.

#2179 9 years ago

Just got done adding my Creeping Death lighting. Put the extra sticker on top of the plastic to get rid of the side glare and had to completely rework the extra spot lights and TV screen mountings and positions but now the screen almost completely blocks from view both spot lights. I also lowered the fronts of the led rails 1/2in. using shorter standoffs. Sure does look good when Sparky gets fried.

IMGA0679.JPGIMGA0679.JPG
IMGA0680.JPGIMGA0680.JPG
IMGA0683.JPGIMGA0683.JPG
IMGA0682.JPGIMGA0682.JPG

#2184 9 years ago

Yes she does do nice work especially at that price.

#2186 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

my buddy J just made this card for my MetLE on his iPad this thing is awesome I'm going to use the le shot map on the other side

image-527.jpg 132 KB

image-720.jpg 368 KB

They look great but your going to need a magnifying glass to read the rules card.

#2220 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

This game is owning me lately. My high score is 629 Million. I must have played 30 games this past weekend. Average score was in the 30-50 million range. With the highest being 180 million. I can't even get close to my GC high score that has been up there for well over a month. Yet I keep pushing that start buitton, searching for the one monster game.
Good times.

Simple....your not drinking enough.

#2229 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey fellas just replaced the cube w/ captive.. first impressions are positive anyhow went w/ an orange glo-ball not sure how it may hold up but thought it was pic worthy

image.jpg 252 KB

image-417.jpg 224 KB

Nice touch, gives ya something to shoot at. I have the green one in my Pro but it's behind the steel one. Yours is in front because if you had it in back you'd never see it because of the hammer.

#2246 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hudson, I see where you had to drill a new hole in your plastic. You said you had to do that shortly after you got it. I'd be happy to send you a new one (free). If you change your mind, lemme know. Yours was from a batch before I started test fitting each one in my machine before I ship them out.
Rick

WOW what service after the sale. Your the BEST Rick.

1 week later
#2282 9 years ago

I just put a flex in it with the back of it facing the player.

2 weeks later
#2373 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

So are the inserts on the PF clear on the LE and premium? The inserts on the pro are yellow for the snake and red for the spider so just curious. Thanks

Yes they have to be in order to change colors.

#2375 9 years ago

Nice. Thanks.
Wish all of them were clear inserts

Now that would be crazy and confusing all at the same time.

1 week later
#2417 9 years ago

Finally got my Metallica mods done up. Might tweak it a bit here and there but it's looking about how I wanted it.
Special thanks to Sparky, Rickwh, whridlsconcestood, cliffy, Hooked, and Melissa at cointaker for help.
Purple star posts
Titan silicon rubber
Neon green plastic protectors
Purple backlit at apron
Green led flipper buttons
Green led coin inserts
Color coded icons
Hooked custom Metallica pop bumper caps
Rickwh's sparky protector
Cointaker shaker motor
Orange glo ball captive ball
Moved the spotlights at the slingshots off and reroute do them to under the playfield
And many more items
it's interesting, I picked up spare star posts in Orange, green, yellow, and blue so I can swap them out and see what I like best (Also got matching colored superbands in everything but yellow) down the road I may try those orange and purple plastic protectors just to give it a different look over time. Tried colored LED's in the slings and guides but felt like it washed out the neon effect of the plastic protectors so swapped em back to white.

metallica apron underlight.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica cointaker shaker motor.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica fuel gauge.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica led set up now.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica mystery scopp set up temp.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica shaker motor set up 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica shaker motor set up 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica slingshots 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
metallica slingshots 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Metallica mystery scoop.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice mods but I'm just wondering why you went to all the trouble of taking the spot lights off and using the sockets under the pf? Why didn't you just add a couple of sockets under the pf for the flex lights and keep the spots on the pf.

#2428 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

its all ac current. Piggy back off another gi socket

Yup that's all ya do.

#2429 9 years ago

Not really a fan of the spots on the slingshots, this way it's cleaned up and reused.

I play my games in a dark blacklight basement so to light the pf better in the dark center of the pf I put a double spot on the Mystery Hole plastic and kept the singles on the slings. There are 6 on the game now plus the Lightning led strips to light the Creeping Death side decals and my DIY light up skull on the left side of Sparky and a plasma disc on the right side.

1 week later
#2462 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I still think a Napster (Shawn Fanning) version of Sparky would be cool.
Shawn fanning Sparky.jpg

Where would ya get a hat and headphones that small.

#2473 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The pinbits neon protectors really glow if you have any neon lights/signs in your gameroom.

With uv lights too.

#2477 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.

Can you tell if the light mess's up the opto?

#2540 9 years ago

I put the extra sticker on top and that REALLY made a big diff. Not blinding at all now. But it's another $18 shipped.

#2596 9 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

The coffin window on my Metallica is slightly opaque. Is that the case normally. I spoke with my vendor who indicated that the ones they had on their floor were like that too. In way of reference, sort of like the early AC/DC lower play field issue - but not quite as bad. thanks

My Pro's window is the same.

#2613 9 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Delivery is scheduled, finally officially joining the club on Friday!

#2631 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I have officially joined the club! The local freight shipper said they had it on their dock Friday, the sticker on the back said it was built on Thursday. That is pretty impressive.
20150415_175854_zpswpw7rfb7.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150415_181337_zpsa0exjjgh.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150415_183509_zpsaptbb4i4.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150415_184700_zpsxpplo8if.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150415_193154_zpsrgnfrole.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
I have a shaker, cliffys, sling & sparky protectors to install but those can wait until tomorrow. Right now I just want to play a few games and take in that new pin smell

Congrats....frying Sparky never gets old. Enjoy.

#2660 9 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Can someone post a pic of the sparky protector? How necessary do you think it will be?

See post #2651, 3rd picture down. I like mine.

#2695 9 years ago

Has anyone put the OCD board in one of the original Mets when they put leds in it? Did it make a diff.?

#2697 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not exactly the same but I think the experience will help as it's kind of the same thing. I put an LED OCD board in an original IM that has LED's in it. I set the game back on incandescent and the light show looks great again and is much better than the IM with the LED code set to on. Looks just like it did before the LED's from a fading perspective as well as the benefit of no ghosting.

Yeah that's not quite the same thing, the original Met had inc's in it.

#2705 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So did the Iron Man. It's not the led vault version. It's the original version.

Yes. Looks like no one has put it in their early Met. I wonder how it would change the insert light show, expensive experiment.

#2712 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have an original Met Pro. It doesn't need an OCD board since none of the effects seem to use any fading. I have all LEDs in mine and there is no ghosting.

Thanks Robert, I have the board in T3, Avatar LE and NASCAR and they make a night and day diff. since all of them have insert fading effects. My Refinery Met came with leds so I don't know what it originally looked like.

#2713 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How it changes it is that it smooths light lights on/off to look more like a real filament bulb -- it's a great improvement for any pin with LEDs in the inserts, period. If you get into the nuts and bolts of it, you can adjust the brightness of any insert and set the arc for the fade in/out. The videos kind of show you the effect, but it looks even better in person. A local that had us over to play recently had the LED OCD board in his Twilight Zone and it looks fantastic. Looking forward to doing my games whenever funds allow.

Thanks but I have them in 3 games already and know what they do, I was wondering about original Met's.

#2720 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well then your question seems ridiculous. Don't have one in another stern you could just move over and test out?

I know, I know, I guess I'm just lazy, thought I could get a quick answer here.

#2721 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gotta have the tongue sticker for the snake to go with the fangs, too.

and don't forget about the under pf flasher for it.

#2760 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I think someone is working on changing colors for the pro right?

But the color changing inserts need to be white right, on the Pro they are colored.

#2762 9 years ago

Oh that's right I forgot. It's been a while since you posted about that and I forgot.

#2782 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would prefer to have the middle playfield art lit, in your pics It looks very dark now?

I'm with you, I even put a double spot light behind the little TV that's mounted above the Mystery hole plastic, can't really see them because they are behind the TV.

#2788 9 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Hell yeah! Just showed up!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#2793 9 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Getting this thing up the stairs was a work out.

In or out of the box?

#2886 9 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think these look fantastic, so I emailed Eric at http://www.pin-protection.com, and he said that if he can sell 10 of these, he'd make another round. I missed the boat the first time, so hopefully 9 other people are interested in getting them...
389309-i.jpg

I like the cutouts but I don't like the 3 screws in the flipper area. The guards that came on my Refinery Met have only one screw in that area and it's 3/4 covered by the lock bar. A much smoother/cleaner look.

#2887 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw this thread caught fire, which would be unusual for a club thread, so dropped in to see the drama...happy to see it is just a bunch of happy owners being happy.

It sure did Tiger, looks like a lot of people got a good chunk of change back from the government this year.

#2894 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Those purple lollipop side rails, legs and hinges on Metalica look awesome. The Refinery's Purple Monster was amazing!

They sure do, goes with perfect with the game.

#2897 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

No doubt the refinery purplr is awesome!

And what really adds to the purple legs are the Refinery show chrome leg bolts. WOW!!

#2899 9 years ago

I really love Sparkys tv on the game, people always say "a tv on a pinball game, cool".

Here is where I have mine mounted.
IMGA0866.JPGIMGA0866.JPG

I had to make a little bracket to hold it out from the hex post because the Refinery light bar for the lightning side sticker was in the way.
IMGA0868.JPGIMGA0868.JPG

But the best thing about my installation is that I was able to put a double spotlight behind the tv so it's completely hidden from the players view.
IMGA0867.JPGIMGA0867.JPG

#2901 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm actually in talks with a company to try to get them to vend at Pintastic New England so people around here have someone who can custom powder or chrome their pin hardware. Gabe wants to do all his hardware and habitrails on Metalica in the purple.

That sounds like a good idea, just make sure they know how picky us pinball people are.

#2904 9 years ago

I would think so too but I've never seen it.

#2949 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have a few pieces of square mylar coming from PBL and intend to place them at the wire drops. I was wondering if I should find some sort of mylar for the two magnets as well?

You can buy mylar at Office Max and places like that too.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hey Paul. Just saw this. Yeah, this company is a great family business right in the heart of Boston. They do all kinds of custom parts and vehicle work. They've even done work on pinball machines and jukeboxes before. They're stunned that they could have this great new revenue stream of business come in the door from New Englander's that they never really considered before.
I told them that if they come and vend at Pintastic New England to show off their powder coat and chrome work, they will get some good business that over time will ramp up seriously once the word is out on how great their work is and prices are.
I talked to them about price and I'm hoping they can come up with solid prices for the pin community. I'll update this and the Pintastic thread if things get finalized.

I hope it works out and they give you a little discount. No more shipping parts for the locals is always a plus too.

#2950 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Whew this thread has picked up some speed and it's positive
Anyways, just got my pbr purple armor man it looks sweet! Pic doesn't show it well but pbr's site does. I still have to get the legs on.

20150423_171841.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

They look great especially with no screw holes. That's purple looks blue as blue can be to me.

#2962 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

For peeps that have the purple armor, how resistant to scratches is it? My TFLE has red/purple powder coat and there is a blemish on the lockdown bar that ive not found a way to polish away...

Powder is just melted plastic and all surface shine, it will scratch and there's really nothing you can do save for having it repowdered.

#2963 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Who does the habit rails?

Pinsider Pinchroma I believe.

#2979 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Metallica is sitting right next to my Tron, so they can share a subwoofer.

Well ya know you can add more wire if ya want to put them farther apart.

#2985 9 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Secondly, I should have listened to the poster several pages back who advised installing a Sparky Protector before even playing one game. I had to keep the game in the box the last few weeks due to a move, but was finally able to get it assembled last night. After only 12 plays, I noticed no fewer than ten permanent dimple marks surrounding the magnet by Sparky's feet.

Glad you got your game but remember it's a steel ball on a wood playfield, your going get thousands upon thousands of dimples as the game ages. Don't sweat it just play it.

#2987 9 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

That magnet just has its way with the ball, even though I put a protector it still has thrown the ball over the snake, launched the ball with so much force that it's hopped over the flippers, bounce off of the flippers and hit the playfield glass. Plus the countless times it just straight drained the ball with no time to react. Have fun! play the game, the protecter just really helps stop air balls off of sparky's feet

Yeah that magnet is crazy wicked, my Avatar LE magnet is the same.

#2989 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

.This is already feeling like the longest weekend in history.

#3068 8 years ago
Quoted from Menator:

Where do you purchase the custom apron cards?
I bought a MET LE yesterday, my first pinball machine ever, and it's awesome. I installed Aurich's hammer and ordered a bunch of mods off the web.

Hey another local with a Met. Welcome.

#3120 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Just got my sparky protector in today and it looks great. I also put the ride the lighting mod in. My machine is starting to shape up real nice.

You forgot the "n" in Lighting. It's Lightning.

#3150 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Loaded and heading home.

What no box? Oh man you got screwed. I hope they knocked off a couple hundred then. Enjoy.

#3246 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Put down my deposit today, should have my game within a week!

Congrats, that's a big purchase for you in Canada.

#3382 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just bought an electric lawn mower, and the cost was exactly what I spent on my MET ColorDMD. It's worth the price.

I could have given you mine for free.

#3392 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joined the club today with my nib led pro with shaker and it amazing and also my first nib .before I even turned it on I used better balls,hooked a sub and shaker up also waxed and put mylar down in high wear areas , cliffys at ball drops also.have the creeping death mod my lady bought at Allentown that needs put on still but I cant stop playing lol. ordered the sparky extended plastic for airballs. Still need a mystery hole protector and shooter lane one . The new cointaker shaker is very nice. Also the game definitely needs color matched inserts and some color in the gi .
Anyone else know anything I should do? Or must haves?
By the way what a amazingly fast game with awesome rules and lots of surprises with the 2 magnets throwing it at your face
20150509_004613.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Before you go nuts with color matching the inserts try one or two of different colors. I've found the insert facets loose some of the "sparkly" that the clear dome white give them. I've left ST and Mustang alone and I love the way they sparkle. Just throwing this out there.

#3397 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I also noticed the graveyard cross wasn't flashing, so I tore into that and found the flasher bulb couldn't take that many hits I guess. What a pain to change that bulb.

Try a flat 8 led in, it won't stick out so far.

#3411 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Further adventures of subtle change Sunday. I have no justification for how much this bothered me, but it did. And now it's better.
Before:
After:
What?

VERY good idea.

#3414 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The smoke/flames having an orange tint didn't bother me as much, and a circle was really easy to make

That looks like a perfect hole, what did ya use.

#3427 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

7/8" spade dril bit. The points on the edge were enough to get through it coming from one side and then the other.

So that's a wood drill bit used for cutting holes in wood?

#3430 8 years ago

Thanks, that what I thought. I have one of those so I'll try it when I have some time and I have a drill press too which will make it easier.

#3436 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, like this one, but in 7/8" size:
short-length-spade-bits-393.jpg
I put the protector on top, marked the center of the eyeball as best I could, then drilled it over a block of wood until the main meat of the bit started hitting the plastic, then flipped it over and used the center hole to re-align and cut from the back.

Just did mine and it worked great, thanks for the tip. very easy to do with a drill press.

IMGA0891.JPGIMGA0891.JPG IMGA0892.JPGIMGA0892.JPG
#3437 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

A forstner bit might make a cut that is less likely to crack the plastic.
Something loke this
Also my experience with drill presses making my sparky protectors is that they spin too fast. Even woth mine on the lowest speed. I get much better/safer contol with a hand drill.
Just my two cents.

I had no problem at all with the wood bit and my press. Much more control of the cut depth and speed of cut. Not even a hint of cracking, just let the bit do the cutting and don't force the cut pressure.

#3443 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Swapped cables from working game and still no g.i. Before switching led boards I decided to look through manual. This led control board is driver board 520-5331-00 under playfield.
Schematics had power wires going to rectifier and heat sink assy in backbox. This then has a 5amp sb fuse. Replaced fuse and g.i. Back on for now. Not sure what blew the fuse and if tub will blow again.
I was only looking at the CPU fuses marked g.i and did not even test the fuse that was out blown.
Hope this helps someone if happens to them
image-535.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-565.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#3444 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome! glad it worked out. Both the Green and Orange pics above look great with the eyeball cutout!
Rick

I'm gonna play it for a while then I might Dremel the flame part to light that up more natural. I love modding a mod.

#3469 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just received my shooter rod from "kpull"! Fits the theme perfect! If interested pm "kpull" pinside member making these, not sure for how long though.
Quick question, when taking the stock shooter rod out noticed there was no "sleeve", is there no sleeve in the shooter housing on Stern's?
1546028_10203816086032356_5788729849751833190_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11045489_10203816086152359_5804270666483113067_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11258333_10203816086392365_7654628983855408720_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11258377_10203816086632371_2298174897686206169_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11113124_10203816086872377_4414075373726631650_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11224714_10203816087232386_715634735985773326_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You have Refinery Edition #10 I have #8. Yup no sleeve.

#3470 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dang, check out those fly coin reject decals!

Yeah they look like crap don't they. The hack that sold them to him should be shot.

#3477 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

They are numbered separately for Pro and Premium models. I have Premium #8. I wonder how many were actually made?

Oh crap your right, mines a Pro.

#3492 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

Hey guys, does the shaker motor make much difference on the le? I was thinking about putting it in, but it honestly didn't do much in my acdc so I'm not so sure it's even worth buying...

But ya gotta remember AC/DC and Met are two different games so ya really can't compare the two that way.

#3502 8 years ago

The captive ball then one loose ball behind it. The captive ball transfer's the energy of the hit to the loose ball which moves to hit the target.

#3509 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's pretty cool but that is not like the Prem/LE. It's really not even that close. The prem/LE is a smooth change in brightness all the way down to dark (just the blue lights on low). This one has some going dark with the white still bright and then there are all the relay type flashing going on with the GI.
Something bugs me a bit and it probably shouldn't but it does. I think that mod is really cool and is great for all pro owners but I don't like how it's being commented on as being like the Prem/LE GI. It's really not even all that close to how the GI is done on the Prem/LE's in how it fades and the colors that are presented (not just the fade to black mode). It's probably as close as you can get using the tools available but I'm just concerned someone will get the kit and think it will be just like the Prem/LE when it's not.
Again, I think it's a cool mod and I'm not trying to downgrade it at all but I just think we should be a little more careful on how it's described/compared. If I could offer one suggestion to improve on the kit it would be to smooth out the color change transitions. Right now it's a lot of on and off where the Prem/LE is more smooth integration. The all off is kind of distracting and would make gameplay pretty tough in a darker room.

It's kind of like what the DE games do I think.

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Who loves Metallica (the pin)? This adorable 8-year-old girl does - she thinks it's "cool and rad and fun"! This makes me happy that we have a laissez faire league, where things like this can happen.

Matalica Rocks!.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Too cute. Hope she get's it.

#3523 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It just tickles things the right way for me.

I think your stand to close to the coin door when the shaker goes off then, if ya catch my drift.

#3557 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

My Metallica got an upgrade today. Game changer for sure!

20150519_191431.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Gee I can't tell what it is.

#3558 8 years ago

Going a little led strip ramp light up nuts here. I added a red led strip to each of the metal ramps that are tied into the flashers under the ramp cut outs. It REALLY makes the ramps light up.

IMGA0909.JPGIMGA0909.JPG
IMGA0911.JPGIMGA0911.JPG
IMGA0916.JPGIMGA0916.JPG
IMGA0913.JPGIMGA0913.JPG
IMGA0914.JPGIMGA0914.JPG
IMGA0915.JPGIMGA0915.JPG
IMGA0918.JPGIMGA0918.JPG

#3565 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wont the ball possibly damage those and possibly short out something ?

Not at all, these strips are half as wide as a normal strip. I checked where the ball travels on the ramp and it misses by a good margin.

#3566 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did a similar thing. I put strips of LEDs up under the backbox above the PF pointing down that are tied in to the snake and ramp flashers.

My Refinery Pro came that way.

#3567 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just wow for all these nice mods, but... just one ask : while wasting time in these, do you still have time to just play with your pin(s) ?

but of course, if anything it makes you play more to see all the neat stuff go off.

#3569 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea i see that but im sure they will get hit still

I'm not worried about it, I've had them on my T3 for a month now and no problems.

#3571 8 years ago

The ball is a red swoosh as it goes up the ramp.

#3583 8 years ago

That's one of those aftermarket tl's. Dang that's fugly. I think my eyes are bleeding.

#3586 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

You know that's the translite that comes on the roadcase premium, right?

Nope didn't know that.

#3588 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Very insightful

Capture.PNG

Good thing I like junk cuz I love my Refinery Pro.

#3590 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Yeah I agree...modding my pro pretty hard and the more it comes along the more I am looking at this game as a keeper. Really looking forward to adding the spinners and in your face light kit...

I've been modding the crap out of mine too, even more then what came from the Refinery. It's a fun game to mod.

#3594 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Thats just plain stupid! Sounds like he didn't even play the game but just because it's a pro he rated it a 1. I put a bogus mark on it. What's the point in having a ratings system if dummies do stuff like that. Might as well get rid of the whole thing

Very good.

#3610 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Yes sorry, I meant through a distributor. I found some who have Pros but none with a Premium (Monsters). If I can't find one, I'll probably just grab a Pro. Sounds like it's one of the best Pros they've ever made.

You'll like a Pro, I have a Refinery Pro with alot of extra bling and I love it.

1 week later
#3663 8 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Did you contact Stern and did they do anything for you? I've had mine for two weeks today and had the same thing happen, and it appears there are two more chips below there about to come off..
image1.JPG
Sorry for the darkness of the pic, it didn't seem to show very well with the flash on

That's REALLY bad, I wonder what batch of playfields that's from. The whole batch could be bad. You pf needs replacing NOW!! Sorry your having such bad luck with your new game.

#3668 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Anybody know a good place to pick up one of those nice chrome shooters seen on refinery editions? I don't see that for sale at Pinball Refinery. Or I missed it.

Shoot them an email. While your at it get their chrome pebble finish shooter housing. That's what on my Refinery Met Pro. They go great together.

#3670 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Shoot them an email. While your at it get their chrome pebble finish shooter housing. That's whats on my Refinery Met Pro. They go great together.

#3672 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Hey guys i am about to order some Bling for My TallicA and ACDC
I was wondering Pinbal decal and Pinball side Mirror has some Blades but
are they the same quality ?
are they secure companies ?
Side Mirror price is lower then pinball decal but quality and security that i buy and will get them and
without a scratch is also important.
Thanks for the Help

I bought all of mine from PinballSideMirrors and the quality is top notch. Good people and product.

#3677 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I ordered at PinballSideMirrors
Thanks

I hope your ordered more then just one set.....your gonna want them for your other 2 games when you see how nice they look in your Met.

#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Added speaker panel to met. Now to continue with a whole list of stuff.

11401066_760580042250_2855157276848015706_n.jpg

There's so much out there you could double the cost of your game.

#3728 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

green flasher for the snake. Having the whole area behind him light up green is so much more eye catching when its prompting you to make his shot, and looks great when the playfield goes dark and he lights up green during the tally.

Yeah, I dig it on mine too.

#3745 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i got so tired of looking for a NIB Premium for the last month, so I finally pulled the trigger & placed my order with Steve for a pimped out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition. Won't be long now until I "officially" join the club Can't wait!

Cool. What options did ya get?

#3757 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super easy install. Took a couple minutes. I wanted something non magnetic there so I could play with the magnet settings. Regular ball would sometimes magentize.
So far I like the way it plays.

But how will it stand up to the hard impacts, without it moving to lessen the impact of the hit it could get destroyed. Time will tell.

#3759 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only one way to find out!

Yup.........let someone else try it.

#3769 8 years ago

I drilled holes in my sling protectors where the eyeballs are. Now they look much better because they are lit by white light not green.

#3777 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just a quick heads up, I will be putting my MetPro up for sale sometime this week soon. Lots of goodies on this one.
You can put my name in the "Find posts in this topic" search bar at the top of this page to see a good number of the things that have been done to this machine.
As usual, I'll be putting up a thorough thread with a good 30+ pictures and a video of two of gameplay.
Look for it soon.

Sorry to see you leave but thanks for the warning.

#3779 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So what's the consensus (or is there one)? Should I be asking pinbits for the clear slingshot protectors or does the green work with the cut out below the eyes? Is there another colour to try that might work better? And the sparky protector just the default (yellow/green?) looks ok?

Red might look good, then the flames behind the eyeball would be red.

#3782 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Can you post a pic of your with the green having been cut out by the eyes. I that looks good I might just go with the green. I'd try red but without seeing it first I dunno.

The orange ones and my green ones are on page 69.

1 week later
#3828 8 years ago

I just put this little guy on mine. Lights up real nice when the lightning strip fires.

IMGA0945.JPGIMGA0945.JPG

#3846 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Finally got my NIB machine yesterday (ordered it on May 29th, but was delayed due to manufacturing issues.) I kept telling myself I was just going to put one more mod in, until I was all out of mods to do! Short video of the final result. Set quality to 1080p!
» YouTube video

Super. It's always just one more mod.

#3848 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yep just one more mod
Thanks to the idea of mustang Paul I added one. Pictures don't do it justice, much more reddish in real life
Hooked it up for the moment to the GIcircuit. Will set a 5 to 12 volt inverter but think 12 volt might be to bright. I want them to go out with the GI, preparing for the GI theater mod image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Hey cool, now there 2 of us with lit ramps. Did you know that before you post a picture you can rotate it now?

#3850 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I like the ramps Rensh, might have to give that a go myself.

If you want better leds the strip on the bottom are the ones to get, more leds and a much narrower strip.

IMGA0888.jpgIMGA0888.jpg

IMGA0915.jpgIMGA0915.jpg

IMGA0918.jpgIMGA0918.jpg

#3852 8 years ago

You could always take the core out and have it machined nice and flat again.

#3877 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I decided to join the club and purchase a MET Pro. This thread has lots of information on varying types of protection needed for the machine. I believe the short list for the playfield is the magnet mylar, drop mylar, mystery hole protector. I also saw they have a whole playfield protector listed on bay. Has anyone purchased and installed this? Would this playfield protector be better than adding mylar? I am still relatively new to the hobby and want to ensure I do what's right to properly protect my new game. Any comments will be appreciated.

Welcome, don't forget about the switch slot protectors.

1 week later
#3965 8 years ago

I'm working on colorizing the score digits and can't decide which color palette I like the most (red or green), which coloration do you think looks the best:
Score Digits.png

I like the green.

#3984 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm sure this has been covered alrwady somewhere in this thread, but I'm very pleased with the results of adding a couple flexable leds underneath the snake. Makes noticing when the snake is lit easier...
Quick video of it in action.
» YouTube video

My Refinery Pro came with those but mine are green.

#3999 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Looks phenomenal and I can't wait to add some things to it.

Congrats and there goes another 2k cuz once you start you gotta have it all.

#4030 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Looking at the pics of the lightening mod strips on Pinball Refinery's website, it doesn't appear that the MDM will fit in the spot where most guys have installed over the Mystery Scoop.

I beg to differ dragon breath. I used a stainless steel strip, cut it, drilled 2 holes, bent it and attached it to the MDM and the first hex post that the clear plastic that keeps the ball from popping off the ramp is attached to, that bumps the MDM out enough so it clears the Lightning led strip plastic. On the 2nd post for that plastic I mounted a double spot light on top of the plastic then attached the post that comes with the Lightning led strip plastic. When the MDM is mounted it completly hides the double spot lights from the players view. In the 3rd and 4th picture you can see somewhat the stainless steel strip I used to mount the DMD looks like and the last picture shows how the spot light and Lightning strip plastic are all attached.

IMGA0679.jpgIMGA0679.jpg
IMGA0680.jpgIMGA0680.jpg
IMGA0681.jpgIMGA0681.jpg
IMGA0683.jpgIMGA0683.jpg

IMGA0026.jpgIMGA0026.jpg

#4035 8 years ago
Quoted from reFly:

I've noticed a couple of things when I was changing all the rubbers to transparent ones.
I really recommend adding a M4 size washer between the wedge base socket of the right electric chair spot flasher and the "Feed snake when flashing" plastic (-28).
I've also added 2 M4 washers under the support of the left wire ramp to keep the ramp centered between the two wire guides.
While I do know receiving a perfect product is impossible, I am quite disappointed with the overall quality control of Stern. (I bought a NIB Metallica premium monsters at the end of September in 2014.)
I've sent a mail about some of the following problems at [email protected] in the first week of November in 2014 and I've still haven't got a reply from them.
- The left side of the cabinet came scratched and has a fairly large air bubble under the decal.
- There are some fairly deep scratches on two capacitors on the I/O power driver board.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkik6oozslpf4fd/IMG_20141028_023108.jpg?dl=0
- The two electric chair optos were already defective after 70 plays because of cold solder joints on the LED's.
- Three lamps had bad solder connections and were broken off which made the lights flicker.
- Some plastics still had some protective tape on them.
- The rusty screw of the right electric chair spot flasher.
- I had to adjust the bumper/stop of the hammer assembly and the up-post coil. These were set to their lowest position.
- The connector of the magnet processor board wasn't plugged in all the way. (I know connectors can come loose during transport but it was the only one. I guess it happened during the board swap.)
Has anyone had a similar experience with NIB games?
While I really enjoy the machine, I really doubt I'd buy another NIB Stern in the future for such a price.

metallica.jpg metallica2.jpg

No, my Mustang Pro was perfect.

#4054 8 years ago

Good new for Metallica SmartDMD users - new code will be released later this week
Here's a look at the new Sparky MB Into:
Sparky Multiball.png

So how much is your complete kit for this one?

#4110 8 years ago

MET 1.64 is now available for SmartDMD. The color file is FREE for all licensed SmartDMD users, just drop me an email and it's your
I still have some more work to do, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel
At this point we're using over 100 color palettes with more than 400 unique colors.
Grave Marker MB.png
Coffin.png
Fuel.png
Extra Ball.png
Seek & Destroy 1.png
Battery.png
Enter Sandman.png
Ball Drain.png

Those look great. Now if I could just afford it.

#4148 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hey gang.
just got my nib Metallica saturday. plan on placing and order for cliffys. is there any thing else i need?

Congrats.....how much money you got.

#4150 8 years ago

Well if you bought EVERYTHING that's out there for the game in my opinion you'd probably spend another 4k +. There's a crap ton of stuff out there for it. What adds to the look of the game the most for the least amount of money are mirror blades I think.

#4152 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mezelmods
snake tongue
snake fangs
Protectors
spinners from hooked
color dmd
and there are a ton more

Yeah....you just scratched the surface with those.

#4154 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't even install my mods My spinners are half installed. I bought all the socket stuff to do extra lights for snake and mystery hole.....ughhhh I need to stop being busy.

Tell me about it, I'm installing light up game start buttons on 3 of my older games that have the plain white buttons and I'm developing a TOP SECRET DIY lighting mod that looks WAY COOL so far.

#4160 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

where do you find time?! I seem to ADHD and try to buy other things to fix then forget the pins are in the house

Well being older and single helps.

#4185 8 years ago

I added the "Metallica M" logo to all of the coffin frames for my SDMD. I also added shading around the edges for depth.

Cool, you could put your name on a coffin if you wanted.

1 week later
#4285 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

MOP #462 in the wild in Kitty Hawk NC begging to be played image.jpg image_1.jpg

That's on location. That's one classy place then.

#4297 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Awesome! New member in the club!!!
image.jpg
Metallica in the house / T2 relegated to the garage until all finished!

You do know you can rotate pictures now by selecting rotate after you download the picture.

#4303 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Sorry - thought I did - just too excited about playing My MET It's fixed now!

I know what's that like.

1 week later
#4363 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just installed the side lights from Pinball Refinery. They look fantastic in game play. I opted for the "extra" stickers on the corner protectors and happy with how it looks.

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg

Don't they make the blades just kick ass.

#4365 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looks fantastic. Put it off as I wasn't sure initially. Really adds to the gameplay. Even my scores picked up.

I switched from mirrors to those and love the way they interact with the game. Draws you in more.

#4388 8 years ago

You'd think Stern would have Sparkys people could buy for cases like this. Send them this picture and ask them. Ya never know till ya try.

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Marco has Sparky's in stock again. I had thought about picking one up as a spare but just can't justify the $$$ for a part I may never need.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

Thanks, I didn't know that.

#4406 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I like how the games always seem to be delivered by an 18-wheeler where it is the only package onboard. VIP all the way.

Mine are always delivered by a dock truck but it's usually the only thing in it.

1 week later
#4450 8 years ago

Of all the color DMD's MET is my fave! Great dots and great colorization DMOD.

Sure is but now I'd like to see a 4X one like the MMR LE.

#4453 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just updated the ColorDMD ROM.
image.jpg

Aw man quit tempting me.

#4457 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You don't have it?! Your machine is covered in mods, but you're missing the best one!

No not yet. I'm sticking all kinds of money into my garage finish, had the roof reshingled so it doesn't leak and finally got the heater installed and have to finish the insulation and inside sheathing. Gotta make a home for the Mustang "before" it comes home. There's no way I'm gonna do all that with a car that has a show quality paint job on it in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
687 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.