Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17840 3 years ago

I recently picked up a fairly clean Metallica Premium that was on route and was wondering what mods are worth putting on it. I know its a older game and not everything is (probably) available. I know the Color LCD looks great but Im not ready to spend the $400+ just yet.

The only issues that I see is some ware around the Sparky magnet, but not to bad and should be able to touch it up. Also, the coil that moves Sparky works but it seems that the gap is to far to make it work in game, maybe just a small adjustment is needed...?

Any Advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

#17847 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you want to enhance the gameplay experience, there is nothing better than the external subwoofer. 100 bucks on Amazon

What model works the best off Amazon?

This is the one thing that is a little disappointing to me for a music pin, especially a game that should crank. Plus I'm spoiled with the sound on TNA, best sound for a Pin ever! How do I go about doing this? The current wires are soldered to the sub speaker. Im assuming I remove them and attach a extension with RCA jacks and then run it to a powered sub? No other power boards required? How about something like the flipper fidelity or Pinball Pro.

#17904 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Is there a protector for Sparky's feet? I've seen another game where this happened and I don't want it to happen to mine.

Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't think so. There's the airball protector that stops balls from landing on his feet, but I don't think there's a way to stop the ball from hitting his feet directly.

I have not taken Sparky apart yet (waiting on all my mods to get here first) to see if there is anything we can do to prevent a cracked foot. This is also the first time I have seen this so it may not be a common problem. I offer the air ball protector (with slings and return lanes plastics) in my Pinside shop if interested.

#17910 3 years ago

A couple quick questions for the group.

1) I just got done cleaning up Metallica and I have this black spacer left over. I remember seeing when I took it apart but forgot where it went and my before pics dont show it.

2) Where can I get the Stern replacement LED (blue), I need two of them. I know I can just get any Blue LED but I would like to have them match all the others without replacing all the others. Marco and pinball life dont show them (#112-5033-05)

3) Sparky magnet ware: I have a new magnet core and I want to stop the art for waring any further. I was thinking to just touch up the paint and use fingernail polish (clear) to protect it. I have read threads on playfiled repair and have done some many years ago but nothing this modern. It was a routed game now in home use and I dont see it getting worse. Any pointers would be great. Also its not flat enough for a cliffy ring.

4) Game Play, why does the post behind sparky pop up when shooting the right or left orbits! This drives me nuts and the only thing I dont like about the game. I got the Premium because I love shooting the spinners and orbits. What am I missing here....

IMG_0947 (resized).JPGIMG_0947 (resized).JPG
#17916 3 years ago

Thanks for the pic and the info guys! Spacer back on game and bulbs ordered Now to figure out what is the simplest solution for my sparky magnet ware...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#17967 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I swapped mine out for a regular captive ball as soon as I got the game.

I did the same on my premium. I bought the Captive ball kit from pinball life (Plug and play). I was concerned how it would effect game play but I actually think it plays better. Plus I'm getting less rejects for the hammer lock magnet.

3 months later
#18333 3 years ago

I have been messing around with this for a couple of months and finally got something Im happy with. Simple add on Mod that takes up some of the bare area. I will have these listed here on pinside when I get a chance and my internet speeds pick up, plus Im late for work I currently do have these on ebay if you didnt want to wait.

LMK what you think or PM me with any questions/suggestions.

Thanks
Rob

GM005 (resized).jpgGM005 (resized).jpg
#18336 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The Cliff Burton cross I get but seems kind of strange to me having names of people still alive on a cross.

True, but I wanted to have the other guys names since that was my time that I listened to the band. Not a fan of the "new" Metallica.

I do have the option, not to have the Jason or Dave on the Grave marker in the listing here on pinside.

#18338 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You can have the dates they were in the band instead of when they were alive.

That was a thought as well. I was playing around of making a guitars with their names on them in place of the Grave marker but I couldnt get the scale right to get them to fit in that space. Maybe I will play around with that a little when I get a chance.

As far as the grave markers go, I can put just about anything on them if someone wanted a custom set.

1 year later
#20213 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I will be getting a Metallica soon and does anyone know where I can get the green plastic protectors for the whole playfield? I see some for sale but it’s only for the sling area. Also I see the price for the Polk psw10 have gone up in price significantly. Any recommendation for a good sub for it under $200? Thanks

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pinbits had the full protector set but they are now defunct. It looks like the only option I can see is the same thing you're seeing (4pc set for slings and inlanes), unfortunately.

I make the plastic protector set and offer the return and slings (4pc set) and the Extended sparky air ball plastic. They are 1/8" acrylic and come in colors. I can also make them in clear PETG (thinner and stronger). I have made the graveyard plastic in clear acrylic for some on this site and have one on my game. I dont have them listed. The rest of the plastics on the playfiled you will run into issues with clearance and not enough thread on the posts to install them. I test fit fit everything to ensure it will work without extra hardware, so thats why I dont offer the whole set plus its probably not necessary. If you want something specific I should be able to make it. I have done this many times for other Pinheads for different games as well.

1 month later
#20351 1 year ago

For those that are interested, my Florescent Acrylics plastics are now listed here on Pinside. I will have pics added most likely next week since I will be busy with the Cleveland Pinball Show that starts today. If anyone is interested in these and want to pick them up at the show I will bring them or any of my other items with me on Saturday. Just let me know before then. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks
Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=MrCleanHead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.