51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8887 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday, what an awesome game.

The modding has begun. We now have an undercabinet rgb light mod tied to the flashers that is fully customizable so you can pick which color of the light strip is associated with which flasher. In my game, I tied the red to the sparky flasher so that every time he is hit, the mod flashes red. I tied blue and green to the left and right ramp flashers so when you hit the ramps, the strip flashes. You can tie them to any other flashers in the game very simply.

These are now available on our website. Installation takes minutes, no tools require. Many more mods coming... Available on our website and through the pinside shop.

http://lermods.com/products/undercabinet-lighting-kit-for-metallica-pinball

#8900 7 years ago

The modding possibilities with this game are endless...

Blue backboard light, purple trough light, lighted red eyeballs (camera doesn't pick up the red light well) and a backboard flasher mod that flashes red whenever the pops are hit.

Most available in our pinside shop or our website... Lermods.com. The backboard flasher mod isn't on our website yet, but is the same one we have for Ironman, which is blue.

20161210_180749 (resized).jpg20161210_180749 (resized).jpg

20161210_180754 (resized).jpg20161210_180754 (resized).jpg

20161210_193853_001 (resized).jpg20161210_193853_001 (resized).jpg

20161210_180745 (resized).jpg20161210_180745 (resized).jpg

#8904 7 years ago

Lit up the snake's mouth, tied to the bulb above the snake. Im new to metallica so not sure if anyone has done this before, probably they have, cool mod.

#8906 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh yeah we have. I put 2 double flex head green in mine.

Mine is just a 3 smd led strip. I put it under the top of his mouth, but it was affecting the angle of the ball eject, going sdtm, so I moved it to the side.

#8928 7 years ago

Check the switch, it may be loose. Had similar issue with the snake.

Quoted from Lemank:I just played my met pro this evening and the right scoop is intermittently working. Sometimes it registers and shoots the ball out etc but sometimes it has to do a ball search before it comes out. What things should I check out to make it work properly. Any help is appreciated. Love my met!!
Thanks!

#8934 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I checked the switch. I tightened everything up I could get a screw driver too. I still have the problem. It kicks out sometimes but not all the time. It also won't register when I get an extra ball either. Could it be a bad switch?

With the playfield up on the pegs, turn game on and put the game in switch test mode. Drop the ball into the scoop. Does it register? If not, manually engage the switch with your finger from underneath the playfield bt pulling it down. Does it now register? If yes, the switch/bracket holding the switch needs to be adjusted. If no, you need a new switch.

Even if it registers with your finger, you still may need a new switch as the trigger point may be too low and it can't be adjusted.

#8952 7 years ago

Modified my backbox to remove the fluorescent tube and replaced it with led strips. The center area has rgb color changing and fading effects. sides and bottom are blue, top is orange for fire area and green for metallica lettering, those are lit all the time. Really brightens and evens out the backbox lighting, particularly the outside edges.

#8954 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Looks nice! Where do you draw the power from?
Could you post pics with the translight out and where you plug it in?

Yep, no problem. Power is pulled from the auxillary plug in the front of the cabinet. I have it hooked up two different ways, but off the same controller. One set is on all the time, other set has fading effects. It's a little complicated. There's a lot of soldering involved and in very small spaces.

The effects are very significant. Look how bright the outside edges are. Compare to a stock game.

I'm willing to make these for anyone who wants one, it's plug and play. Takes several hours to make and get right. I can also tie them to flashers if requested. Can be done to any stern.

20161218_144707 (resized).jpg20161218_144707 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20161218-174904 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161218-174904 (resized).png

#8959 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

My Metallica has arrived safe and sound! Merry Christmas to me! This is what we work hard for. I am an official Metallica pro wooden backbox owner. What an awesome game! 600 plays on it since new. Looks like it's got most of the Cliffys' done. I guess the guy did LED's on this one. I had it set up played 2 games and installed the color DMD what a difference! I did one in my Monopoly and it was a huge difference but the Metallica color DMD really pops! I love it! I guess speakers and shaker motor will be first up for mods! Is there a color changing led flourcent tube for these? Be nice to just do something like a color changing tube for a quick and easy change. I know I want to get that out of there quick before it kills the translate and ribbon cables!

Here's my translite mod...

#8964 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Very nice now you just have to show me how you did it and where you got the parts!

You can get the parts on eBay, you need a 12v rgb strip, controller, remote and power supply, plus any individual color strips you want. Runs off the 12v plug in the game. The mod runs off two circuits, one to allow fading rgb (center area on met) and one so lights are always on. This requies either tapping off the controller or running a separate line and using a 12v splitter. The parts aren't expensive, rgb strip is about $12 and individual colors are about $10, foam poster board and some hardware, but it's very labor intensive and tedious. Takes 3-4 hours to make and there are at least 50 solder points. You need decent soldering skills as soldering wires to an rgb strip isn't that easy and if you screw it up, can take some time finding a short. The tube comes right out as do the brackets that hold it (1 screw)

We sell these on our website for modern non-spike games, but I'm happy to walk people through it if they want to do it themselves, just pm me.

http://lermods.com/p/custom-work

20161218_144707 (resized).jpg20161218_144707 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9017 7 years ago

All you need to do to Install the fangs is remove the screw in the back of the snake and remove the one on his head. Then, using a flat head screwdriver, insert it between the metal guide and the front of the snake, pry it up just enough to slide the fangs in being careful not to break anything. It's not ideal, but it works. I was contemplating taking the snake assembly apart, but it looked like a huge PIA. I literally just did this two weeks ago.

#9019 7 years ago

Yeah, I forgot to mention, there is a screw on the inside roof of the snake's mouth, you can get to it with a wratchet and a Philipps head bit, not easy, but you only need to loosen it a couple of turns to give more leeway.

#9032 7 years ago

Added a lighted coffin to the blank area above the mystery scoop. Tied it to the coffin flasher so it lights when the coffin flasher lights in the middle of the playfield. PM me if interested.

metallica-pinball-illuminated-coffin-mod-1 (resized).JPGmetallica-pinball-illuminated-coffin-mod-1 (resized).JPG
metallica-pinball-illuminated-coffin-mod-2 (resized).JPGmetallica-pinball-illuminated-coffin-mod-2 (resized).JPG

#9037 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So several peeps have asked about sparky protectors over the last few months. I didnt have my scroll saw so was unable to make more. But I have my scroll saw back now. So putting feelers out. If i can get 10 or so peeps that want one, ill make a new batch of protectors for 6 shipped to ya USPS.

I'd be interested, what do they look like?

#9040 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Heres a pic of the stock plastic and then a pic of my machine with the wider protector.
I can only do clear plastic no etching or colors.

Nice, count me in.

#9068 7 years ago

I received a pro drop shipped from stern about a month ago. Other than a loose snake switch, I have no issues to report.

1 week later
#9124 7 years ago
Quoted from theyallhateme:

I got a NIB MET pro in December, so of course I've been modding it like crazy. I have a Comet Matrix UV strip in the drain, wired to the GI. I'd like it to stay on during the bonus count, when the GI drops. Is there a way to tap into something on the playfield so that it's "always on", independent of the GI state?

Yes, wire it to the 12v plug inside the cabinet by the coindoor. You need a 12v strip as i assume what you got from comet is 6v. I have a 12v strip if you want one and can give you a connector. Im right around the corner from you.

#9136 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

You do know about the ghosting dimples and clear coat chipping issues good luck

I bought a met pro in December with a November 2, 2016 date stamp on the playfield that shipped directly from Stern, I have no issues with the playfield. Normal dimpling and no chipping or ghosting issues. In fact, of all the NIB games I've bought, this one required the least amount of adjusting and was almost perfect out of the box. Only thing I had to do was tighten the switch for the snake as it was registering only sporadically.

20170120_154825 (resized).jpg20170120_154825 (resized).jpg

20170120_154836 (resized).jpg20170120_154836 (resized).jpg

20170120_154858 (resized).jpg20170120_154858 (resized).jpg

20170120_154906 (resized).jpg20170120_154906 (resized).jpg

#9138 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

This is what I've been hearing from several of the recent MET purchasers I've talked to. Minor adjustments, snake switch sometimes a little loose. I'm not afraid of dialing in a game, they all take adjustments out of the box.
I'll put probably 200-300 games into mine the day I get it and report back with results

have fun, the game is a blast to play.

#9141 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So glad to hear that! Does your playfield have the Churchill stamp on it? Just wondering since there is talk of Churchill doing Stern Playfields now....Thanks!

i don't see any stamp indicating who manufactured the playfield.

#9151 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You do notice the clear lifting by the ball return right?

Quoted from Delta9:

Time for a cliffy set

Guys, chill out, the clear is not lifting, it's a slight discoloration in the wood. Man, people trying to find fire where there's no smoke. I also looked very closely at every single insert, all perfect.

This is lifting...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/183#post-3555549

#9158 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Hey that's my machine! Yes, the MET is lifting under the apron. Looked exactly like the first picture here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/75#post-3313793) on SMVE. The "discoloration" happens before it actually lifts/chips/cracks. The clear coat is starting to lift from the play field.
Unfortunately, you're recipient of a poor quality play field.

I do t think so, but I'll keep an eye on it.

#9161 7 years ago

Mine hits left flipper every time. If i have flipper up, it will go upnthe inlane and out sometimes, really smooth.

#9164 7 years ago

Another pic with apron off...i see no issues with the clear, looks perfect to me.

20170121_151609 (resized).jpg20170121_151609 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9223 7 years ago

I put the carbon magnet cliffy on and i have the sparky airball deflector as well as the scoop protector. I like the magnet protector, no airballs from it so far, only on a week.

20170128_074724 (resized).jpg20170128_074724 (resized).jpg

20170128_074747 (resized).jpg20170128_074747 (resized).jpg

#9316 7 years ago

The wires are there, look inside. Wired the same as the start button.

#9326 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is the shaker from Stern or another company? It didn't come with instructions? Stern's connection is in the back of the cab, I believe. Cointaker's is near the front of the cab.

There are two connections, a molex plug in the front left where shaker is mounted and a brown plug toward the back of the cab. I'll check mine when I get home.

#9329 7 years ago

There is a 2 pin molex up front with red wires on it, there should be a brown or grey wire connector toward the back. It's there, search, it can be buried.

#9332 7 years ago

The connector attached to the shaker goes into the board that came with your shaker. there is another connector that should have come with the shaker, it contains a red wire and a brown wire. The red wire runs to the 2 pin connector in the front left of the cabinet and the brown wired connector runs to the back of the cabinet. Sounds like you are missing that second connector. Maybe post a pic of what you have.

#9346 7 years ago

The two pin connector is not new, its in my ironman too, as well as twd. Metallica does not look any different

#9385 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Metallia Monsters Premium in da house!!! November 4th Playfield date, looks really good right out of the box.

that's the exact date stamp of my pro and I have no issues.

#9390 7 years ago

If you deactivate it, the ball will almost never be in the pops. Unlike IM, there is no center shot to the pops. Do a search, you can replace the plastic post with a metal one and you won't get as many bounce backs.

1 week later
#9534 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great! Let me try it right now...Also, this was disconnected???

Its for a bill validator.

#9617 7 years ago

The playfield came to you down and secure so it should be able to go back in. Honestly, what others have said is very accurate. Check the cables in the back carefully and make sure nothing is bunched up. This could also be the issue with your head not aligning. I would lift the playfield all the way and inspect the rails they slide on, make sure nothing is getting stuck in there, particularly in the back. Playfields can be stiff and sometimes you just need a little force to push them back and then down.

1 week later
#9817 7 years ago

New high score on 3 ball with a couple of extra balls at 20 mil and 150 mil. I had a ciu shot of 51 mil to the scoop.

Previous 5 games i couldnt break 15 mil.

20170220_141112 (resized).jpg20170220_141112 (resized).jpg

#9824 7 years ago

What is the part number or can someone post a link for the metal post? Thx

#9953 7 years ago

I installed the metal post at the top today, much better. I had no roll backs. First game I played, broke 300 million. My game is set to 3 ball with a couple of fixed interval extra balls, rest is factory.

#9963 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I read this as "My game is set to 5 balls".

An extra ball at 20 mil and 150 mil for metallica is hardly the same as 5 ball. I doubt many people could score 300 mil on 5 ball. The lower interval is set for my kids to give them something to shoot for.

#9983 7 years ago

Just installed the cemetery arch from Mezel Mods, looks fantastic, what a great addition to my game!

BTW, I never noticed there was no LED bulb on the left side of the cemetery, yet there are two bulbs on the right side? what's up with that?

20170227_211113 (resized).jpg20170227_211113 (resized).jpg

#10132 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone decide the plastic between the left orbit and the drop targets was lacking a light under it? My eye was always drawn there thinking there was a bulb out. Not anymore.

Go back a page or so, I flagged this exact same thing. No bulb on left, but right side has two.

#10160 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I know for some reason it's taboo to give an honest price on how much you paid for something here on Pinside but don't care. I paid $4500 for mine. Local owner, HUO, low plays, Shaker, full led's (Pre Led model) Mirror blades, Chrome pop caps, under cab lighting, Green plastic Apron, snake fangs and FF sub woofer.

That's a great deal, you stole it basically. Someone took a big hit at that price. These have been going for around 4800-5200 depending on mods, assuming nice game.

2 weeks later
#10380 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is my high for FWTBT. My overall score was only 400+mil.

Is that an LCD DMD? Looks awesome. What mode is it in?

#10426 7 years ago

I had eotl ready last night, based on what the dmd said, but i didnt know how to start it. Seemed I may have needed to hit a pic or two??

#10429 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is it not the same as starting a 5th CIU mode? I thought hitting the scoop when ready will start it. Never been there myself though...

The scoop was not lit. Maybe I misread the dmd, but it did say something about eotl being ready. Maybe it said x more hits to start eotl? I couldn't figure out and the animation was gone.

#10448 7 years ago

Came up with a new mod for the pro version to keep track of the locked balls. Yeah, I know it's cigarette case, modding this thing was no picnic. I painted the face silver metallic, added three sets of leds (video shows four as it was a prototype), production mod has three. It's tied to the three lock ball lights underneath. I could never tell how many balls I had locked as the lights underneath were always blurry. Now I can.

#10471 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

For those of you who have played Aerosmith I'm curious as to how you think it compares to Metallica. I haven't had a chance to play one yet but I'm hearing lots of good things about it and some are saying it's better than MET.

I prefer Aerosmith music to Metallica music, but I much prefer met to AS. it will depend on what stern does with the code, which feels very flat right now. Met code is a work of art. I got no rush when playing AS, but we all know how much of a rush met can be when you get it going. The toy box is cool.

1 month later
#10835 6 years ago

Not a good way to start the day..just exploded when I was pulling it off, must have just enough flex to explode it. Quite a show actually, never had it happen before. Luckily all the glass exploded when it was 3/4 off so most went on the floor. I guess it's a good excuse to buy a sheet of invisiglass

20170526_081635 (resized).jpg20170526_081635 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#11043 6 years ago

Changing that post fixed bounce backs 100%. It never happens anymore. Stern just doesn't care. It's a $10 part from pbl, had stern bought in bulk it probably would have cost them $1 or less each.

#11045 6 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I disabled my post years ago due to the bounce backs. I love the flow without the post. How integral are the pops to the rule set and how often is the post enabled during gameplay?

The lanes are important to complete. The pop up is active on most left orbit shots, not sure exactly when, but without it you won't see the lanes as much.

1 week later
#11118 6 years ago

GC at pintastic...not my best, but good enough for today. 262 mil.
I

20170707_185422 (resized).jpg20170707_185422 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#11627 6 years ago
Quoted from NEOZATZY:

Same problem here mate, my machine is a met premium monsters and running the stern shaker rev a.
I don't have any problem with when it drops it goes in fine but the problem is making it stay on the coffin lock the only time I will have faultless play is when the shaker is off otherwise it will fault every time which is really sad

i might be wrong here, but I thought Metallica used a Rev B shaker?

3 weeks later
#11778 6 years ago

You can try to use an led ight strip and a different color for each figure, tied to gi if you want steady light or tied to flashers for a more interactive mod. Plenty of flashers in Metallica to work with. Or you can do both, steady backlighting always on with individual strips tied to flashers. Let me know if you need help.

1 week later
#11889 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Christopher Cross douchebag. Air Supply on ACDC. So ride like the wind on outta my bidness.

Crap, I thought for sure I had you pegged as a Carpenters guy.

3 weeks later
#12097 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

Does anyone have a photo that shows how they ran the mezelmods cemetery arch wires to the thru hole in the playfield, the instructions are unclear?

I believe you need to remove the surrounding plastic and feed it underneath a bit off to the side.

2 weeks later
#12202 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Coin door ball save with options "Yes" or "No" I believe.

That’s not it, that’s only if you open the coin door, for example, to free a stuck ball. It’s freeze time on tspp, on my twd, it’s called ball save time.

#12216 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So the setting is named differently between Stern titles and it's called "FREEZE TIME" on TSPP? I asked originally because my MET almost always gives the ball back if it hits nothing and drains, in my TSPP the game never gives the ball back even if you hit nothing and it drains.

The shoot again insert between the flippers will blink when ball save is active. On tspp it is called freeze time. You can set the number of seconds it is active, 5-7 is a good ball save for home use.

2 weeks later
#12270 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought a Tournament button from Pinball Life, and was expecting it to have some instructions... But all I received was literally a button... I've looked on the forums and found some posts that it's "easy" to install - just solder a diode somewhere and solder some wires to some other wires... But didn't find a post that explained in details that a complete newbie who has used a soldering iron only a single time in his life would understand. Anyone see a doc like that for me?

It is wired exactly like the start button. The diode and one wire need to be soldered on, other wires are spade connectors already in the game.

#12281 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

OK I will try to take a look at the start button and see what I can figure out, thanks. What diode do I need (or where can I get that info)?

Check the manual, but I Think it’s 1n4004 or 1n4001.

2 weeks later
#12363 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Has anyone else ever heard a beeping coming from inside the game? I noticed it once last week and once today. Basically a quiet, constant, "beep... beep... beep..." The first time, I opened the coin door to lift the playfield and see what was going on, but since the 20v/50v power cuts when you do that, the beeping stopped. Today I heard it again, so turned the volume off, and started listening around the cabinet. It sounds like it's coming from the back of the machine in the main part of the cabinet, not the backbox. I looked through the grilles but didn't see anything blinking in time with the sound. And like last week, when I opened the coin door, it stopped.
Any ideas what it could be?

Squeaky shaker motor, if you have one.

#12368 6 years ago

We’ve got a couple of these ball lock coffins available. Keeps track of your ball locks. Lock one ball a set of eyes light, lock ball two a second set lights, etc. video shows four sets, it was a prototype, production unit has three sets of lights, red, green and blue.

Available on our website or pinside shop...

1 year later
#16940 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I keep debating on selling my pro for a SW premium, but just can't seem to pull the trigger. Anybody sell Metallica and regret it? Anybody buy it a second time and upgrade to premium? Any thoughts compared to a sw premium? It's probably my most played pin, so I'm really on the fence.

Funny you ask, though not a premium, I bought a Metallica pro led from a friend yesterday. It’s the only game I’ve ever owned twice. Love the game. It was pretty much stock except for a color dmd and I’ve been busy modding it with undercab lights, led backbox and a bunch of other things. Ordering a shaker and mirrors for it tomorrow.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16942 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I seriously love the game and play it the most, but the family considers it the weakest theme in the house and if I want anything new, I have to sell. First world problems.

I’m the opposite, my 15 year old loves it, one of the reasons I bought it back.

3 weeks later
#17015 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This may sound like a super silly question, but I cant seem to hit the mystery scoop with any sort of consistency whatsoever, its almost always pure luck. How do you guys approach this shot?

Very late off the left flipper. It’s not an easy shot for me, but makeable. I have a harder time with the piston target.

#17023 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

the mystery scoop advice is MUCH appreciated. ill just keep practicing my shot from the left flipper. I used to be able to get it in via the orbit method out of a skill shot, but the moment i put titan rubber on changed that completely! the titan rubbers changed all shots for me, mostly in a good way, but i just cant hit the scoop. then again, i could never hit the scoop very much, so ill just keep at it.
this game just isnt getting old to me, love it.

It’s easier to hit when extra ball and ciu are not lit

2 weeks later
#17153 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I have a Metallica pro, Jurassic Park LE and a friend has AFM. In my opinion, AFM is not close to the other two, which are two of the best games ever. Don't know about Jurassic Park pro, though.

I own Met pro and AFM SE and owned JP pro. I would rate AFM at the top, it's just great at what it does and it never gets old blowing up the space ship. The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game, you pick a song and it plays the entire game, has nothing to do with game play until you get to CIU. So if you don't like Met music, you may not like it. I never liked Metallica music until I got the game, now I can tolerate it. It should have been coded like ACDC and AS where songs change in the game. That said, the rules on Met are top notch and it plays fantastic. JP pro to me was good, but not one of my favorites. It has a unique layout and good rule set, but the theme integration just wasn't for me.

#17160 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That's simply not true about Met music. Different modes get you into different songs - Fuel, seek and destroy, ride the lightning etc etc etc.

yes, there is some, I mentioned CIU, for example. in general, you pick a song at the beginning and it plays over and over the entire game. That's not my preference on how it should be.

#17166 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

You actually said it plays the entire time and never changes until CIU. You also said it has nothing to do with the game. Those statements are flat out false.

how does the song you pick at the beginning of the game have anything to do with game play?

#17168 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That's not what you said. You said "The issue with Metallica is the music as it has no reflection on the game" - This is dead wrong. But if you want to change your position, the song you select at the beginning has as much to do with the game as any other rock game and any other game that has background music.

Acdc and AS change songs during the game and are associated with modes. I choose back in black at the beginning of the game, it's immediately associated with a mode and I then can change the song once i light the jukebox. If I choose enter sandman at the beginning of the game, how does that have anything to do with the game. And you can never change it. Only time you hear a different song is when you get a certain mode like CIU, and those are far and few between, but then it reverts back to that original song when the mode is over. What have I got wrong, I'm being serious.

1 week later
#17206 4 years ago

does the flipper drop down when the game is turned off? if so, it is almost certainly a blown transistor. The transistor is Q15 according to the manual and you need need STP22NE10L, which can be found at Marco https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/STP22NE10L or other suppliers. as for testing the transistor, check pinwiki, but if I recall, you should not get continuity across the legs.

#17210 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi Lermods,
Love your mods btw; got the backbox LED interactive kit for my machine! Anyways, to answer your question, no the flippers did not go down when the machine was turned off as the blown transistor caused issues with the coil. The coil fried keeping it locked on in the upright position. I believe the answer is, and correct me if I am wrong, replace the coil and coil sleeves, on both flippers and then replace the transistor in Q15? Please confirm.
Thank you,

thx. the coils have different transistors associated with them so there is no need to touch the other flipper, unless it has an issue or it's time for a rebuild. I would just replace q15 and the coil and sleeve on the left flipper. Sometimes, transistors will just blow, but many times something causes it so look around for any shorts, could have been the coil itself causing the issue. through hole basically means the legs on the transistor go through the holes on the board, which is much easier to repair compared to surface mounted components.

2 months later
#17462 4 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Thank you, do you happen to have a picture? I installed the drops last night, figured I would order some Comet strips today. Also, did you paint the side tabs of the targets so the opto would see them, mine aren’t registering. Thanks again for sharing!

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just used comet led strips Under the Playfield and tied into nearby GI. Comet sells a 3-way splitter, so you can tie all three strips together. Makes it a cleaner install. I will say, you’ve gotta get creative to make the leds work because they need to be facing up towards the bottom of the Playfield. I manipulated a few “L” brackets and some heavy duty mounting tape to get them to stay solid and so I could install led strips so they are facing up, towards the bottom of the Playfield, specifically right below each drop target.

We use a 3-d printed mount that tilts to help shine the light up through the playfield. We use our own led strip to produce the light. The mount adheres to the metal bracket just behind the drop targets. Seems to work well. I used red.

IMG_20200402_153334 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_153334 (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200402152819259_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200402152819259_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200402153532765_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200402153532765_COVER (resized).jpg
#17464 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Hey Guys,
would any one have any experience on integrating lights into a custom topper? I found miniature replica drums, guitars and amps. I want to mount them to a sheet of black plastic and put some up lighting on it, hopefully integrated with game play. any feedback would help. Picture posted of them just placed on top of machine for visual. (yes I know Lars has a double bass, I have second one coming)[quoted image]

Pretty easy to put lights on the top, interactive, static, whatever. Layout a design you want and I'll help you with it.

#17478 4 years ago

Being home provides me with some additional time to work on mods. Been wanting to do this one for a while, it's a skull mod that interacts with the extra ball and crank it up lamps. That area is a bit bare and there is the ugly plastic, which I can't exactly tell what it's for since there are no issues with balls flying off the ramp. looks like a sneeze guard. In any case, the skull can be installed with or without the plastic in place. Available on our site and in our pinside shop shortly...
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmetallica-pinball-interactive-illuminated-skull

#17482 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And that's no burn to Lermods at all! I love his work and products.. I am into pimpin out machines however the owner sees fit! Just not feeling this one and leaving my opinion! Stay safe peeps!!

no offense taken at all, it's all good, appreciate the feedback, otherwise I would not have posted it.

1 month later
#17568 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok. I'm stuck here.
I am trying to replace the magnet core, but the nut will not come off. The whole core moves but the nut is on for good.
What am I missing to remove this?
I read about heating it up, but not working.
[quoted image]

I’d spray some pb blast on it and let it soak for an hour. Then give it another shot.

#17578 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I've played around with that setting a lot. When I turn it down it does stop the strobing, but only temporarily. It always comes back regardless of the intensity, sometimes within minutes.
I was reading another thread where someone was having the same problem and it seemed to be due to having too many extra lighting strips and mods tapped into the GI. That could definitely be my problem as well. Off the top of my head I have the following:
under cab lighting
custom backbox lighting with multiple led strips
lighted snake eyes
lighted snake mouth
lighted fuel target bank
led strip under left graveyard plastic
lighted translucent targets using 3 comet opmax bulbs
lighted topper (not sure if this is tapped into GI)
I'm going to try to disable these to see if I still have the strobing. Are there other folks who have a number of GI lighting add-ons that are 'not' experiencing strobing issues?
For the record, I have inspected the GI board and the 3-pin connector. They appear to be fine, but I will replace the connector once it arrives from pinballlife and I'm still on the hunt for a replacement data cable.

not sure where you got the back box and undercab lights, but those almost certainly are not tied to the GI (likely 12v) and would not be causing the issue you describe. the other mods you list draw very little power, but what I would do is unhook all of them and see if the strobing persists. If it does, you know it's not the mods. If it doesn't, add the mods back one by one to see when the problem begins.

4 months later
#17794 3 years ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

That is where I plugged it in, just below the plunger. Here's where I get to the potential "doh" moment in that I thought the lights were for Stern SAM, but were in fact for SPIKE. I did not realize this would be the result.
Hoping it's not ending up with a new Board.

Plugging in your spike flipper buttons to a Sam plug should not harm anything, both are 12v. the flipper buttons just wont light if the polarity is reversed. It’s when a short occurs you run into issues, but that would mainly be a blown fuse. Should have nothing to do with your switch matrix. Is it possible your flipper button lights touched the flipper switch and caused a short?

If you have a spike set up for the flipper buttons, how is it even possible to plug into Sam as the connections are a different size.

#17797 3 years ago

It is possible that the flipper button lights touched something. I had the power off while installing but could have shifted slightly when I lowered the playfield. I'm not sure about the Spike/SAM issue -- this is my first Stern so I don't have anything to compare to -- it's just after this happened I looked at the bag the buttons came in and it states "Stern Spike" on it, but the connector was the same so that may have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Weird the connector would say spike and have the sam connector. That connector isn’t compatible with a spike game. Can you post a pic of the connector and the mod? Spike games often utilize 5v and the wiring is backwards relative to Sam, but not sure how it could cause switch issues. Even if it shorted, you’d blow a fuse.

It is possible something touched the flipper switches and caused the issue, that’s why a pic of the install might help.

#17800 3 years ago

Thanks! I don't have a picture of the install, because I removed everything when everything went to hell (pardon my french), but here's some pictures of the items. I'm coming around to the idea of wires touching and shorting out the RAM, but this is to date well beyond my limited tech abilities.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s very odd someone would sell a spike mod with that connection since that connection doesn’t exist in a spike game. If you have an external 12v power source, you could test them.

2 weeks later
#17841 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I recently picked up a fairly clean Metallica Premium that was on route and was wondering what mods are worth putting on it. I know its a older game and not everything is (probably) available. I know the Color LCD looks great but Im not ready to spend the $400+ just yet.
The only issues that I see is some ware around the Sparky magnet, but not to bad and should be able to touch it up. Also, the coil that moves Sparky works but it seems that the gap is to far to make it work in game, maybe just a small adjustment is needed...?
Any Advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Put a carbon cliffy around the magnet to cover up the wear.

1 week later
#17905 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I have not taken Sparky apart yet (waiting on all my mods to get here first) to see if there is anything we can do to prevent a cracked foot. This is also the first time I have seen this so it may not be a common problem. I offer the air ball protector (with slings and return lanes plastics) in my Pinside shop if interested.

Sparky’s foot broke off mine too. I used jb weld and attached a flat metal bracket to the piece that broke and his heel to fix it and it’s been fine ever since. Surprised more haven’t broken off, area takes a beating.

#17907 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Which type did you use? Looks like there are quite a few that are similar. amazon.com link »

I use the quick set.

2 weeks later
#17947 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

So I have never played Ironman, but I do like the theme. I have an opportunity to sell my Metallica pro to buy a new Ironman vault edition. I am on the fence about what I should do.
I like the look (art) of Metallica better, but I am not sure about everything else. They both have the same amount of toys, 3 each including 1 bash toy each. Metallica has 3 drop targets while Ironman has none, but Ironman has 3 spinners and Metallica has none.
As for rules, I know Metallica and the crank it up modes are great, but I don’t really know Ironman rules enough to compare?
As for game play , Metallica shots are tight, but not having played Ironman I don’t know how it shoots?
In the end I would put a lot of emphasis on is it “fun” ? Some people say Metallica is like chopping wood, is Ironman like this?
So if any of you have both of these games or are familiar with both of these machines I would appreciate some feedback. My window of opportunity to sell my Metallica is small so I have to make a decision very soon.
Thanks
Mike

The scoring is a mess in iron man, extremely unbalanced. The game shoots well, but unless you get to Jericho or the DoD hurry up, your scores will never break much above 30 mil. It’s more about progression, but parts of the game are not attainable on 3 ball, at least not by a mere mortal. Metallica is a much more balanced and fun game.

#17954 3 years ago
Quoted from Holtamania:

Hey all,
Hopefully one of you fellow Metallica family members can help me with my newly acquired Metallica Le. I am unable to update my game code, after multiple USB attempts (fat32 format) bin files from stern, it doesn’t seem to get recognised as per pics. I have recently purchased a new epprom just in case that was the issue. Any tips? Thank you in advanced!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you change dip switch 8?

#17956 3 years ago
Quoted from Holtamania:

Sure did. You can’t even get to the update area without changing dip switch 8. When it goes to scan the USB, it doesn’t seem to find the .BIN file. Have tried multiple USB’s without any luck

Did you try a different stick? Also, what size stick are you using? I think it’s supposed to be 8gb.

2 weeks later
#17990 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Anyone know the reason this is happening? How to fix it before it splits?[quoted image][quoted image]

i'd remove the bolts, heat up the decal with a hair dryer or heat gun and try to smooth it out by pushing the air out where the bolt holes are with a credit card..

3 months later
#18364 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for the response. Is it the push in type flasher that sits above the playfield? Or is it the twist in style that is below the playfield and under an insert?
The only flasher I see behind the snake and to the right is the push in style. It's kind of under the ramp and under the plastic. Is that the one?

PXL_20210329_142249732~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210329_142249732~2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#18456 2 years ago

I think others have made cross mods, but we designed our own and made them a little interactive by tying them into the two top inlane inserts.

PXL_20210429_181339951.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210429_181339951.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#18461 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does it work on the Premium?

Don't see why it wouldn't. Is there anything different on the premium in that area? They mount to the screw holding the front star post down.

They are up on our site now. I think $35 shipped is reasonable.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/metallica-pinball-interactive-cross-set

#18462 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Very nice. Can I get it in purple?

I can do them in red, green, blue, ice blue, purple, warm and cool white. Choice available on our site.

These are plug and play, 5 min install.

#18518 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Not the power blades, I have those already. I meant these lightening rails.
[quoted image]

I think Steve at pinball refinery made them. HemiOrange09

1 week later
#18563 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

None of the problem ones respond in game or test mode. My slings work, as well as my pops. Just a bunch of others are suddenly out.

Are you sure you put all the connectors back where they belong. Did you miss a connector, maybe it’s behind the board? Are all the fuse leds on the board lit?

#18565 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Nope, I triple checked, reseated cables, etc. I remember one time I was looking at fuses and there were several that weren't lit and I thought I might be on to something.. But then they all lit when I cycled power.
So I just pulled both solenoid fuses in order to test outside the game -- 3A and 5A. Tested both. Put them back in. Now it's all working again. W t f

hopefully it stays that way, maybe something just wasn't making a good connection. Glad it's fixed and working again!

btw, when the coin door is open, some of the fuse lights will be off as high power (50v) is killed when the door is open.

#18578 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just got powdercoat back from Robert. Sooooo sweet!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good choice, I had mine done in a similar color, illusion purple.

#18625 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, but Mezelmods was founded on the fangs, so no turtle. Mezelmods shipped two sets of fangs with initial orders, just in case the first ones broke. I had the first one in my METLE for 3 years with no breakage. I put the second set of fangs in my MET LED, and they were still good when I traded the game about 6 months ago.

I have the Mezelmods fangs too, no issues.

1 month later
#18829 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Ok thank you. I could get some EL wire and make one myself (I have a nice 3D printer and can do the helmet piece easily) - I’m just not sure of the power source and voltage. Maybe I’ll do some experimenting.

It’s 12v, but you need an inverter to power the el wire. Not sure how this specific mod is wired, but you could potentially power it off the sparky spotlight flasher.

3 weeks later
#18956 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I assure you…. The wood is def not flush with the rest of the playfield. The ball can sit in the lowered area around the magnet.

I’d pass on that game, something isn’t right. It’s like the magnet was tightened and pulled the playfield in. Not sure how that game could be playable as There would be airballs into sparky.

1 month later
#19136 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Just got a Metallica Pro, 2017 build. After a few games I started having issues with Sparky registering after every vibration. Mainly flippers. After some troubleshooting, switch test mode, everything normal, banging the playfield near Sparky, not abnormal registering, I unplugged the shaker and everything was back to normal.
I haven't opened it up to see if there's any abnormal wire issues yet, as the shaker seems to work normally and did so entirely for a few games. Was wondering if any of you had this same issue and what you did to correct it (aside from just keeping the shaker off). I tried searching on here but didn't see a whole lot about it and didn't want to scroll through 383 pages.
Thank you!

Check the target between his feet, might be gapped too tightly.

#19139 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Yeah I checked that initially. Nothing doing. I unplugged the shaker and that seems to stop the Sparky issue but now I am having an issue where anytime it ejects a ball from the trough it automatically registers hitting a skill shot yet the ball is just sitting waiting to be plunged. Also because of this it eliminates being able to choose a song. Not sure if this is a voltage issue, an opto issue or an issue stemming from the board the shaker was plugged into.
I'm having a filter mailed to me that may help with the voltage but won;t know until it gets here.

What switches are showing as active in the switch matrix?

1 month later
#19246 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I have a 2018 Pro Led version I bought used. The lane guides are all the wedge style. It has the ultimate light show mod installed (not too sure exactly what that is) and I don’t see any bayonet GI’s.

The bulbs under the sling shots and along the flippers are all #44 style bulbs, also on the outside. Stern didn’t change lighting design across games, just switched to led bulbs. Circled areas contain 44 bulbs.

A8559FE4-98D7-4EC7-B967-B5776043D06B (resized).jpegA8559FE4-98D7-4EC7-B967-B5776043D06B (resized).jpeg

#19251 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Looks like my game was modded and this trough light isn’t compatible.

Where did you get the trough light?

I have a later run led version and I have 44s under the slings.

PXL_20211009_135318009 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_135318009 (resized).jpg
#19256 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Appreciate the response. I just found a set of alligator clips from another mod from them that I didn’t use. Gonna see if that will work

I’ve never run across any game that had 555 style bulbs under the slings or really in any GI socket. Sounds like you got it resolved, but we could have sent you a matrix type 555 adapter too. Lmk if you still need it. Btw, when we sell through Mezelmods, they ask us to use the matrix style, though our website, we supply alligator clips. The problem with the matrix set up is that you kind of need to know the color that each game uses, some use cool, some use warm and there are others where the gi light is colored. For this reason, we prefer to use alligator clips as they are more universal.

2 weeks later
#19298 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If you have a moment, Any links to Amazon would be greatly appreciated

You can get them at home Depot or Lowes too. Just bring the one from your game to match it up. It twists off.

1 week later
#19309 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So I bought a new fluorescent bulb as well as new starters and still nothing. Anything else I should be checking before I give up and just switch to LED’s as mentioned above.

The only other part is the ballast.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-test-my-fluorescent-light-ballast

1 month later
#19393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

any one have an extra sparky or recommendations on repairing a broken foot?
[quoted image]

Jb weld.

4 weeks later
#19451 2 years ago

I have El wire and inverters on hand and use it to light the engines on the SW falcon. I am not familiar with this mod. Is it always on or is it interactive? Is there a pic of it somewhere?

#19454 2 years ago

looks like it hooks into the spotlight flasher to the left of sparky. I don't think it's a terribly difficult mod to make. I'll make a proto on mine and then will see how it looks. El wire is not particular bright in well lit areas, it kind of gets washed out, it's great in very dark areas. First, I am going to check with Mezelmods to see if they are still or will do more runs of it so I am not duplicating their work.

I think Mezelmods may have discontinued it due to reliability so I don't think I really want to go down that road.

2 months later
#19790 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So I just went through the changing of the battery on my Dialed In, which the pin needs to be on. What is the process with Sterns? Can I just change while game is off or not?

if you change them with game off, you will lose all your settings and scores.

#19792 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, so game on with any pin manufacturer will work? Thanks

Don’t know about every manufacturer, but for all stern, jjp, Cgc and bw, the answer is yes.

1 month later
#19948 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Z-connector- should be .100
One link below, but you can but them all over. I would get a big one and break or cut it to your need.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CNR-Z100M36&Category_Code=CH

They are .156, not .100 and I don’t believe they are made anymore. Pancon was the manufacturer, but they went under. PPS has them ,but not sure if they are just NOS or if someone picked up the tooling and is again making them,

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CNR-Z156M13

1 month later
#20063 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

All of a sudden my machine is serving up two balls into the shooter lane 90% of the time. It will serve up balls while I'm playing randomly too. The coffin mech is making a noise and trying over and over to move... would these two be related in any way? It's a little frustrating this is happening out of the blue now.
EDIT: Looks like the weld on the ball trough is broken... going to have to see if I can find a replacement part. This looks like it
https://www.pinballlife.com/upper-ball-trough-assembly-2-piece-set.html
[quoted image]

Check your opto boards in the trough. Go into switch test mode and see if they are activating by feeding a ball in the trough. Unplug and plug them back in, both sides. They may be failing.

4 weeks later
#20131 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

What is the fit for the Mezel Mods snake fangs supposed to be like? I couldn't squeeze mine in and loosening the screw in the roof of the snake's mouth didn't help, pretty sure it was just spinning the knurled post that it screws into.
I ended up having to remove the snake head entirely but the fangs are quite loose after putting it back together and there's a decent gap where his mouth is.
Is this how it should fit?
I might have to glue that knurled post back into the snake's head and try putting it all back together. It seems the thickness of the fangs is never going to make that gap any smaller though.[quoted image]

I just loosened the screw on top of the snake and slid the fangs in, it was tight, but i was able to do it without having to do anything else.

4 months later
#20421 1 year ago
Quoted from DaBanan:

Got a nice PRO the other day and found two pieces in the cabinet, as shown on the picture. Left overs or where does these go? Can not find anything that is missing underneath the playfield. [quoted image]

The right one is a broken switch actuator.

1 month later
#20471 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just recently started getting phantom hits to Sparky and the grave marker targets. Now I get un warranted jackpots when in Sparky multi ball or grave marker multi ball. Anyone have this issue before and what did you do? Don’t have any added side blades or light inducing flashers other than stock to trigger the optos. Thanks in advance.

Check your opto connections. Put the game in switch test mode and see if they are registering to confirm it’s the issue. Maybe loose wires, loose opto mounts or bad connectors.

1 week later
#20516 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Mezel mod made it and they said they stopped making it due to design issues when I asked a few months ago. I also read somewhere that it wasn’t that bright. I ended up putting a slinky type bracelet and 3d printed a mini cylinder for the attachment. I think I posted a pic on here before but can post again if needed.

El wire works ok in a darkly lit area, in a brighter area, you really won’t see the effect a very well, if at all. I wonder if a fiber optic might work better, but I’ve never really seen them in anything but a straight run, not curled up.

#20520 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I’ve never worked with EL wire before, so wasn’t sure what exactly to get or how it wires up. Is it pretty basic 2 wires or something different?

It’s not that basic. You need an an inverter and you need to understand how to wire it. There are three wires that need to be connected, two of which are as thin as human hair. That link to the Amazon product cannot be attached to the flashers directly. Go on YouTube and you can find videos on how to wire el wire. Honestly, I think you’ll be disappointed with the results as it won’t be very bright.

#20527 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Questuon: One of the shoes on my sparky broke off and is wedged under the metal wall beside it.. just wondering what kind of solutions or repairs people have come up with to re-attach the shoe! Thanks.

I used a small plastic bracket I 3d printed and attached it underneath with two small screws to hold the broken shoe to the main body. I then adhered the joint with jbweld. It’s been a couple of years and has held up.

1 month later
#20678 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ok ,GI fixed ,now I’m down to 2 things .1)working with Joe from pingraffix to see if I can get the right power blade going and 2) the mystery mod power cords shown here.I know pinside likes a good challenge so here it goes.The box with the blue light feeds power to that board mounted under the plunger .That board has the black wire coming out that I’m holding in my hand and it’s severed (no idea what was at the end ).Then there’s 2 adapter like cables that come out of the board ,1 goes to the adapter with the green light shown and the end sits in the cabinet , 2goes up through the head into the back box and is just hanging there .Does anyone have any idea what this may have been used for ? I want to know before I pull it all out .It may be something I want to replace .Any info will be greatly appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some kind of a light sensor triggered mod. Do you have lighted hinge plates maybe? Lighted dmd surround?

#20693 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No there’s 2 cables like this (I always remember these from Nintendo ,Atari etc usually to power up the consoles ) .One ends in the back box and the other in the cabinet .I don’t see any kind of markings on the board .There’s actually a third line (molex?) shown that one leads to the cabinet also .
[quoted image]

That likely goes into a power supply. Do you see any black boxes anywhere?

7 months later
#21228 6 months ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

I'm quite new to pinball and I suck at reading the manuals. One of the red LEDs in my right slingshot has gone out. From what I can tell it's a BA9 bulb but I'm not certain does anyone know what the exact bulb is or where I can find it in the manual? Cheers thank you Metallica premium or whatever the purple one is

Bulbs under the slingshots are #44 and they are 5v. You can get them from cointaker or comet.

3 months later
#21576 79 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, if its the same pin, but just LCD, not interested. If its a new layout, then we shall see.

If I had to guess, we might see expression lights and an integrated topper, plus insider connect, which may or may not matter to some.

#21579 79 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Sounds like an $11000 premium at least

Isn’t that about what met premiums go for now? You could buy a stock game for maybe $9500 if current nib pricing holds.

#21597 74 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have a problem that acts up once every few games.
The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Check your trough optos. I’d unplug and reseat them. You may need to replace them, very inexpensive. In test mode, they may work fine, but vibrations from the game can cause intermittent issues that might be hard to diagnose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.