Topic Stats

• 16,514 posts
  • 926 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 352 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,787 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6B0F5A65-E6C4-4CB3-BD95-2997A68C8934 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4613 (resized).JPG
IMG_4608 (resized).JPG
20190714_172123 (resized).jpg
20190714_172209 (resized).jpg
abcmetallica (resized).jpg
8D9C92D7-19D2-40D6-8FDF-99B94C21F58F (resized).jpeg
9AA6B948-F30D-4E19-AEEB-1DDE3DF0394A (resized).jpeg
9FAE932D-2109-40EE-94E2-A14E9858C7C8 (resized).jpeg
795D7FB4-A3C9-49C5-8B50-A65891374B0A (resized).jpeg
7C94140D-4F2F-4B52-9DE9-4490D010519F (resized).jpeg
F7E21765-6170-4375-9BE3-D6E87DF31676 (resized).jpeg
1D8903AD-8170-40BD-B0F5-64C1E5626FB8 (resized).jpeg
0CE93676-743F-4521-9DCF-71ED77EE0359 (resized).jpeg
1B2E0945-DF53-41B8-A507-725049BF099A (resized).jpeg
bf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Koos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12986 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I did the same thing. There are probably pics of it in this thread, but there are over 2K pics in the image gallery right now.

Here you go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/81#post-2560841

#13047 1 year ago

Hey guys, hopefully I’ll be able to join the Metallica family as well very soon. Hope to have my MET arrived within two weeks or so.

Now I’m desperately searching for the snake mod but specially the “3D version”. Any ideas where I might find it?
Also the snake fangs seem to become quite rare. Do they break easily? Otherwise I might consider passing on them.

Thanks!

#13050 1 year ago

Thanks! It isn't listed under Metallica mods so I couldn't find it.

#13053 1 year ago

Since I don’t have my Met yet I don’t know how many balls need the be installed.

I want to order silverjets to replace the stock balls. How many do I need? 4?

Thanks for the help.

#13055 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Make sure silverjets don’t magnetize quicker

I was aware of this but thanks for the heads up.
My local parts retailer sells normal Superjets and a “special low magnetic” version for use in pins with magnets. Does this makes sense? I do trust this retailer so if he specifically mentions this I assume it shouldn’t be an issue.

And thanks for confirming the amount of balls.

#13058 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mistake. There is NOTHING WRONG with the stock Stern balls.

I bought a used (one year old) one so maybe it’s better anyway to replace the balls?

#13063 1 year ago

Anybody noticed this mod?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6G7KVP9JP/metallica-pinball-coffin-insert-plastic?optionId=61116030&li=ostatus

Looks like a great wat to cover the misaligned LED's in coffin. And it also looks like there are "balls" inside like on prem/LE.
I've ordered the part and will post the result.

#13066 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You know Leon also living in Helmand? He has a modded met to so you can get some ideas.

Nope don’t know him. I really need to get in touch more with other collectors (thru NFV?) because my own friends still think I’m crazy.

Going to pick-up the machine in little over a week from now. Can’t wait!

#13067 1 year ago

I have a question regarding Mezelmods gels for colorizing the fuel gauge.

I know that a green sheet is included for the fuel targets well. But can I also use the reg/orange/yellow pieces for the separate letters under the target? Or are they too small?
I might consider adding an extra set to colorize the target letters as well.

I have a Metallica PRO so maybe I don’t need the gel sheets anyway since I can replace the LED’s with colored ones? (Unlike Prem/LE)

#13078 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Warm white is a color. I never felt the need to change the fuel gauge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m more interested in colorizing the letters at the targets. I think it looks kinda sweet.

98E16A82-BAA4-4862-85B4-EF1FFBBC063C (resized).jpeg

#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are Cliffys suggested?

I assume this is a matter of personal opinion as well. I went for a full set of protectors:
• Shooter Lane
• Rail Guard™ w/screw
• Mystery Scoop
• Graveyard magnet protector in carbon
• Sparky magnet protector in carbon
• Two inlane switch protectors (to protect from ball drops from the habitrails)
• Ball through/out-drain protector

But other will argued that putting protectors on a perfect playfield is like buying a nice wooden coffee table and wrapping it up in plastic.

Maybe it’s just my OCD but I hate seeing bald creating bumps on the shooterlane rail. I have seeing scuffs at scoops etc etc.

Quoted from Damien:

Also saw a video of a lighting upgrade that would make it look like a premium/LE. Does this work with the Pro LED model?

Yes that would probably be the Total Lightshow mod which you can order here:https://redshiftled.com.au/

As far as I know the only differences between the incandescent and LED versions are the light bulbs and the back box (wooden versus metal including artwork on the speaker panel)

EDIT:

It appears that there’s one other difference according to the Total Lightshow manufacturer. So make sure to order the additional part of you have an older version of #MET Pro.

**Older Pro models vs LED Pro**
Sterns newer, LED Pro models ship from the factory with termination resistor boards fitted to the lamp matrix. These are primarily to address ghosting, but they also do a nice job of cleaning up the signals and they are necessary for 100% performance of the Matrix Interceptor.
If you install the kit in an older, wooden back box style pro, you will need the add on Matrix Terminator boards which I produce for the kit. They are similar circuitry to the factory boards and guarantee full performance of the main board.

#13085 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Some put the cliffy around the magnets. I went with mylar.

Maybe a newbie question from my part by I thought it’s not done to put Mylar on the playfield since it will damage it upon removal? (I’m seeing all those restoration videos about Mylar removal)
And what about putting Mylar (or some other sticky plastic material) on the cabinet around the flipper buttons?

#13091 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What’s much more important here is to remove the magnet core every 500-1000 plays and fix any mushrooming that has started.

Do you have pictures of how dit does look? And can you just sand down the core? Isn't it a plated material?

#13125 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It makes my center playfield so dark without them.

You might consider buying PinStadium to solve this issue?

#13133 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I have Pinstadiums on my MET. Guess I really don't need those spots. Might pull 'em out. Never thought about that!

What do you think about Pinstadium? I'm still on the fence deciding between creeping death lighting from Pinball Refineries or Pinstadium UV+GLOW flasher integration. I guess they do the same thing right? And Pinstadium lights up your playfield more evenly. Pinstadium can also be dimmed down to lower intensities right?

#13152 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The previous owner never cleared the default (20 combos) either. It's hard!

Is it possible (maybe thru Pinball Browser?) to edit these values? So say that a 2-way combo get your name mentioned the first time and it increases from there?

#13179 1 year ago

I’ve officially joined the club!!

Had to remove the backbox to fit it in the car!

After setting it up me and a friend played our first games for a few hours. Man this game is hard!! Managed to get my first CIU once so there’s already some progress. “One more game, one more game!” Can’t stop playing!

78EFF828-2DAA-470D-BD08-F239478CE29B (resized).jpeg

#13184 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! I am getting mine this weekend. Traded out my POTC for it like lols like you did. Pirates is great but I think MET is an upgrade.
Getting Eddy this week also. Sparky needs a friend.

Congrats! MET is obviously a total sly different game then POTC but I like it a LOT!

Who knows I’ll be able to put a IMDN next to my MET one day as well. That’s an me combo!

#13214 1 year ago

Yes, EXCEPT for the Lars callouts.

James’ call outs really stand out but not sure who’s who on the other ones...

Man that mystery scoop is hard to hit when you need it! Starting CIU, but especially to collect the jackpot! Haven’t been able to collect a single CIU jackpot so far!!

My current high score is 215 million something after two CIU’s. Not bad if I say so myself after owning it for just four days.

#13227 1 year ago

Any Met Pro LED owners here with a ColorDMD LED Version?

I want to know if the LED panel doesn’t have the gap the LCD version has. Since you need to add stand-off posts on the newer metal back boxes.

I’m not sure if I like the additional distance of the panel and that I need to tape the edges.

#13234 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback guys! And what about colors? I heard that the colors of an LCD version are more 'faint' and that the LED version is brighter. Since Met's LED GI is very bright as well I thought the LED might be a better combination.

Too bad I'm not able to check both out and send one back...

#13247 1 year ago

??? New (same) speaker panel?

#13268 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list

It's seems like a lot of work to cross check every insert but I checked a few spots which I'm sure of and it seems exactly the same. I make some errors while trying to change white LED bulbs for colored ones. I assumed that all inserts were wedge based (555) but sometimes they're combines with bajonet (44) based. For instance the row of Fuel LED's in de center of the playfield uses a combination of both.

Have fun with your Met next week! It's an awesome game!

#13294 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This will fix 99.9999% of all left orbit rejects.

Ok so just to clarify; when I shoot the left orbit during normal gameplay, my ball should not return over the same path?

I’m not sure how a metal pin should change this bevaiour over a plastic one.

#13309 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Man i hate how eveything in pinball is abbreviated, I couldn't follow any of that.

Totally agree! I had to look one up as well.

I have not put a ton of time on MM but BFTK seems to be quite similar to RTU. For difficulty, I would say RTU is only about a 6 or 7, WITH EB's turned on. With no EB's, I have yet to reach RTU. With EB's, I've done it probably 20 times. I came very close to getting it twice in a single game.

They were talking about the difficulty of certain wizard modes.

Metallica - The End of the Line (EOTL)
Attack from Mars - Rule the Universe (RTU)
Medieval Madnesses- Battle for the King (BFTK)
Lord of the Rings - Valinor multiball

And EB’s are extra balls

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you guys keep saying “MET LED” I’m gonna start calling mine a “MET wood”.

Sometimes I’m having a great game on my MET LED that’s so good, it gives me WOOD as well.

(Sorry guys couldn’t resist. )

#13331 1 year ago

I’m having a minor issue with my MET. When a new ball gets eject into the shooter lane, it very often bounces back from the wooden rail back into the trough. The auto launcher engages but there’s no ball there anymore. The machine automatically ejects a new ball but sometimes this happens three times in a row. Not a very big deal but I’d like to resolve this.

It seems that the ball trough eject coil is too powerful. Haven’t checked inside the settings menu if it’d possible to tune this down. Thought that was only possible on JJP machines.

#13343 1 year ago

Question for the experts.
What is happening to my MET cabinet? And WHY? Game was NIB less than 6 months ago! Set up in my home and has never been moved. Just noticed this recently. Seems like the wood is splitting/separating at this front left edge! Never seen this happen before. Is my concern warranted? Is this something that is going to get worse over time? Do I need to be extremely careful when I move the game, eventually? Can the distributor I purchased from, and/or Stern, actually DO anything to help?
Any advice is much appreciated. Haven't had ANY issues with the game otherwise. Has around 1000 plays.
Sorry for the crappy pics.

Oh no!! I'm sorry for you man!

I also wonder about this since this issue is also reported in the Iron Maiden thread. Some people say that the bolts might be too tight on the legs in combination of heavy nudging. I move the machine around a bit ass well (required to play Met!) but I'm also getting afraid that this might happen anytime soon.

My guess is that the only solution is gluing the parts together. The decals can be replaced as well. But It's an expensive repair I guess.

1 week later
#13380 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Decided to powdercoat my wireform so that it looks like the snakes tail. It looks pretty good. Contact me if your interested

Very nice! Was thinking about doing this as well. Unfortunately you don’t live nearby so shipping back and forth is too expensive.

#13385 1 year ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Alright guys, If you were to list your huo pro in great shape with the lightshow mod and spinners running through the mod, what price would you ask? I'm clueless on what one goes for with the added lightshow.

Normally I would say that mod's don't really add up to the price since not everybody will be a fan. But I think the lightshow would be an exception since it actually an upgrade to the premium version. So add the costs of the upgrade to the price. (But some collectors won't like the addition of the spinners since you modified the playfield and plastics to make them fit)

I recently bought a 1,5 years "old" Pro HUO LED version stock for about $ 1000,- less then a new one. But prices of new machines are much higher here then in the US, especially if you factor in currency conversion.

#13393 1 year ago

I used a little bit of lock-tite on the two spotlights and posts to make sure they don't move around any more.

But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?

I'm done searching for them every time. I'm almost considering a tiny dab of hot glue...

#13397 1 year ago

What a coincidence that this was posted 5 days ago. Will try this for sure. Thanks!

#13406 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

My only problem at the moment in the ball launch. I'm not sure yet exactly what is wrong but I'm 90% sure it has to do with the first piece of metal the ball touches down the shooter lane. The ball rarely wants to clear the lane and skill shot area smoothly. Most of the time the ball just jostles around on the way up the launch and either end up in the pops or doesn't keep much speed going for the super skill. This seriously effects gameplay.

Mine has the exact same issue and I’m sure it has something to with the rod not shooting off the ball at the exact center.
I also noticed that if I don’t fully retract the plunger, the issue is gone. So replacing the spring could be an solutions as well.

Now I know this, I might leave it as is.

#13409 1 year ago

I don't have the exact same issue and my ball never gets stuck in the wireform.

But if the plunger shoots the ball of too strongly and slightly of center, I can imagine it can do strange things to the ball.

#13411 1 year ago

The ball shouldn't fit between the wires on the underside right??

#13437 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Had the same annoying issue. Put a carefully placed dab of crazy glue on both sides of the spotlight bulbs and reinserted them. They aren’t popping out anymore. I still need to put loctite on the two posts as they rotate after a few games. I also changed the shaker setting from maximum to moderate.

I applied the solution as suggested by @Who-Dev and it seems to work great! Much more graceful then using glue.

See earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/268#post-4411497

#13445 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Looked at the track list online an realized I'm missing "end of the line" as an option. Is this standard? Does it ONLY play if you enter end of the line e gameplay? Seems odd.
Also is there an option to make the song you choose continue through all balls. The song restarts every time you sewer.
Thanks

The only moment I will EVER hear EOTL playing thru my pinball machine’s speakers is by activating the jukebox. :-/

(enable from within game adjustments (in conjunction with free play) and activate by holding a flipper button while in attract mode)

#13447 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I just tried. They actually start over every ball. I tried sewering immediately or waiting a minute. Starts over. Lame

It depends on the song and there’re certain key points within a song at which the machine returns upon the next ball.
So no exact resuming where you left of.

That’s one of Stern’s firsts with #IMDN by the way.

#13470 1 year ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

but would a loose wire really cause a fuse to blow out?

A loose connector probably won't but any loose wire could. It could touch something else inside the machine and cause a short circuit. Check if you haven't accidentally exposed some wiring or maybe bended something so that it touches other metallic parts.

#13471 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Does anyone have a link to the guy making the cross inserts? The little plastic things to direct the light at the crosses only instead of white rectangles. Thanks you.

While you're busy on your OCD (I feel you man) mattosborn creates nice 3D printed plates so that all your CIU lights line up nicely! I bought one from him and am super happy with the result.

1 week later
#13550 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are the LEDs in the MET Pro LED model color,changing LEDs? Any other significant differences between the original MET Pro and the MET Pro LED?

Pro doesn’t have color changing LED’s. Prem/LE only has color changing inserts under the arrow. So just few of them.

I highly recommend Mike’s Total Lightshow mod for the Pro. It adds interactive GI and the additional red and blue LED’s. So you basically get a Pro with the exact same lightshow (and more) as the Prem/LE.

#13557 1 year ago

I ordered Sparky’s electrocution helmet mod from Mezel (single color orange) but it’s barely noticeable that it lights up.

Others have the same experience? The backpanel is quite bright and the mod is tied into one of Sparky’s flashers so it doesn’t help that these are on at the same time I guess.

Wondering if there might me something wrong with mine? Or doesn’t EL wires light up as brightly as you probably want?

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Cool mod, but I’d rather have a color DMD for the money.

Over here ColorDMD is at least $100-$150 more expensive then the Total Lightshow mod. But that might change depending on currency and shipping.
And for me Total Lightshow adds more to the game then a ColorDMD.

I do want a ColorDMD someday but it’s more for the spectators then for the player and just nice to look at.

1 week later
#13593 1 year ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

Congrats! Nice first pin!

#13643 1 year ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

This is my problem. I found one local for 3.5k (Pro) has a shaker and color DMD but the magnet area is chewed up pretty bad, the art work (black ring) and clear coat is gone around the magnet. There is a large area right above the coffin that is chipping pretty bad (clear is gone) it's about the size of your fist maybe a little smaller. It is definitely noticeable. The drain area and shooter lane are fairly beat up too... In any case that is a really good price but maybe it makes more sense to just buy one NIB. I've wanted this game for a long time and once I get one its not going anywhere. I thought that I could locate a new PF and just play the hell out of it until I could get around to doing a swap but I'm having a hard time finding one. If I did find a PF I'm willing to bet it will cost around 1k so I would be in the game 4.5k and that is about the cost of a NIB... not sure if it's worth all the hassle to save 800 bucks.

NIB for 4.5K?
Don’t forget that a ColorDMD and shaker aren’t free as well. The magnet can be ‘fixed’ with Cliffy’s but the coffin area sounds like an issue.

But even then at 3.5K it’s a bargain IMHO. It doesn’t play worse then with a new PF.

#13653 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Also Snake seems to spit ball SDTM about a third of the time, any fix for that? Any help would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to the club!!!!

I think the first two problems were already answered above. I also have Flipper Fidelity speakers and also discovered the the volume needs to be raised much higher then with standard speakers. Mine’s at 45 and that’s loud enough for me.

But for your last question regarding Snake eject it quite curious myself as well! Mine ejects some balls straight into the left slingshot instead of my left flipper. Really no clue on what causes this.

#13671 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Not sure if it's official until the game is sitting in my game room, but I just sent a payment for a Metallica Premium and will be joining the club shortly. Game is unmodded and I'll likely be adding the fangs and decal, but will likely wait for awhile before adding more. I do also have an extra subwoofer and may install that on this game.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

#13705 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Been in the club for about a week now and so happy to finally have one of these badboys! Such a great game. Added some snake fangs and mouth decal, creeping death side blades and ride the lightning UV lighting mod as well as the coffin skull insert. I'm loving it!!!
Made it back early from work today had to get a game in...turned the volume way down so as not to wake the wife, of course you can still hear the flippers...She showed up with coffee in hand and said, "see your having an acoustic set, huh..." Ha!

Welcome to the club!

What UV lighting mod do you have? I don’t see the Pinball refinery strips on the picture. Is there a new option I might be not aware of?

#13722 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

That AFMr would be tough to part with for me, love that game so much. Haven't played the re-make yet, but such a classic pin, you've got MMr too, LOTR and DI, TWD, really, really nice collection. Can't squeeze the MET in there somewhere and keep them all?

Very nice collection indeed! But I’d sell MMr and buy Met!

(Did he really said that?!) Yep! I did!

#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hole pre-drilled for shaker?
And how about Total Lightshow. What's the install like, and does it perform the same as Prem/LE?

There is a lot of of information regarding Total Lightshow. In my opinion best mod and maybe even a must have for every Pro! I was blown away by how immersive the lighting becomes when it reacts to all sort of things. It can also become very moody during certain modes like CIU.

I haven’t played a Prem/LE before but based on the videos I’ve seen it looks the same. Total Lightshow even has more interactive effects then the Prem/LE if I’m not mistaken.

Putting it in your machine is very easy unless you’ve never opened your machine before and tried fixing something like replacing a bulb.
It is time consuming if you want to tidy up all the cables. It took me about 2 hours or so I guess.

I’d also recommend to extend Total Lightshow toward the flipper area to truly match the Prem/LE experience (except for the apron) but that does require you to temporary remove the flipper mechs from the playfield. If you’re not confident with this skip this part. Check the Total Lightshow page for more information (and required additional parts)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

If you have any more question about this PM me.

3 weeks later
#13919 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That being said.. my MET is now on its third set of 2" slingshot rubbers.. has anyone used 2-1/2's on their slings? Big difference? For a few bucks I dont mind replacing them more often!

How often do you replace the rubbers?
My game is about 1,5 years old. Should I already replace them?
I’m not sure what rubbers feel like once they need to be replaced.

#13928 11 months ago

Yesterday I managed to shoot the ball up the fuel lane right before I collected my Crank it Up jackpot. But the jackpot wasn't doubled!
I'm not sure how the "blown pistons" work but does it only work when all three are lit?

I know for sure that one of those two times at least two piston inserts were lit and I heard the engine noise once I shot the ball up there.

Hopefully somebody can clarify this. Thanks!

#13932 11 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You have to spell FUEL. It then lights that shot for 2X. Those 3 inserts below the lane actually correspond to the pop bumper progress.

I'm sorry I'm still confused. Every time I spell F-U-E-L, the gauge on the lower playfield progresses. And when the gauge is completely full the Fuel mode starts.
But I don't have to be in an active Fuel mode to collect a double crank it up jackpot right?

#13938 11 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Question, while playing a game last night I cleared all 3 drop targets and hit the grave marker to start 2 ball multiball. Multiball began which obviously then clears the grave marker lane after the ball drops out. My question is, while you are in 2 ball multiball, what happens if you hit the ball into the grave marker area while all targets are down and the marker is left exposed?

It builds up the grave marker multiball jackpot just as all the other shots with flashing crosses. Once you’ve hit enough crosses during multiball, you can go for the super jackpot. James will tell you “shoot the grave marker!” Once you shoot a ball up there the magnet will hold it. You’ll need to shoot this ball of the magnet with your second ball and you’ll collect a super jackpot.

You can repeat this process for even more super jackpots. But I’m ready happy when I’m able to collect one of them.

Every multiballs has their own jackpot and super jackpot rules. Check:
http://tiltforums.com/t/metallica-wiki-rulesheet/228

#13942 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Agreed!! Drives me nuts when that happens. Have to wait for ball search to release the balls. Kills the vibe.

Only seen this once but does the ball search trigger the super jackpot as well or is it lost then?

#13951 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s de energized...but I think if you hit the shot enough, you can re energize it...but I can’t prove that as I’m not that good . Someone else may have a more concrete answer.

I answered this a few posts back...

And yes there’s a time limit for collecting the super jackpot.

The magnet is de-energized once that locked ball goes thru the opto right above it. That’s why backhanding is dangerous since it may not have the strength to do that when it’s not a clean shot.

#13957 11 months ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I've looked around and can't find this but I am sure it is out there, so sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.
What do the lights indicate around the fuel spider arrow? I understand the other spider arrows and collecting the cross, snake, and electricity. I just don't understand this arrow. Thx.
[quoted image]

Each bumper represents a piston and 10 hits on each bumper causes a blown piston. The associated orange insert will be lit and you need to ‘collect’ them here. Collect 10 blown pistons for extra ball. Never saw that happening though.

The spider arrow will be lit every time you spell FUEL to indicate you can activate 2X scoring. The loud engine will roar to confirm you’ve activated 2X scoring.

#13989 11 months ago

There were some wondering how to skip Sparky’s multiball intro?

I saw Chuck perform a neat trick on a STDM stream on Twitch. Apparently the intro skips when changing the volume! My guess is he’s using some sort of external volume control.

Check it out at 27:08:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294433530

Thanks chuckwurt!

#14015 11 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't believe so Your best bet would be to manually copy over the higher quality pages from another SAM game (Spider Man for example) for all the common stuff that isn't game-specific, and splice in the stuff specific to Metallica.
I wish there was a higher quality color version available for Met.

I also wondered why there isn't a better PDF. Searching for something is impossible!
You would think that there must be some digital version on Sterns network...

#14019 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Figured. Alert just popped up on my pinside email that I need to change batteries which is what made me think of it. I guess if it's the original battery, it couldn't hurt to replace it?

No you can just replace it. I would keep the machine turned on while replacing to make sure to not loose your high scores and setting.

#14029 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, so the next question
How many of you reach Blackened or Seek and Destroy?
Blackened seems tougher to get to... S&D not too bad if you concentrate on completing the ramp inserts.
I love the S&D music intro! Blackened is very cool too!
Rob

I’ve deliberately made reaching Blackened a little bit easier through settings. That way I can enjoy it more often. Really like the animations and lightshow. Especially on Total Lightshow mod!

By the way: good to read here that not everybody is scoring easily hundreds of millions. My GC is around 250mil, reached a third CIU once, but my biggest issue is collecting jackpots. For some reason I’ve a hard time shooting the scoop when it really counts.

Great game! Really like the moment when the game really “blows up” when casket multiball is going and you manage to combine it with snake multiball for instance!
FRANTIC! (another great Metallica song )

#14039 11 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I had the left spot light bulb pop out yesterday and land in the trough area, but still on the playfield. I quickly trapped the ball to avoid anything from happening but as luck would have it, opening the coin door caused the high voltage to go out, drop the flipper and drain the ball (of course, which hit the bulb and sent it into the trough with the ball following behind
fast forward to 15 mins of trying to get the last ball out of the trough so that I could use some tiny craftsman screwdrivers and "walk" the bulb back to the left edge of the trough (center of the playfield) where I could fish it out by hand.
at least that was an easier fix than when the ball baron chromium balls got so magnetized that 3 of them were almost permanently fused inside the subway and would not move. that one left me dumbfounded until I had the throught to force more [new] balls into the subway to push the magnetized ones through

There’s an option to enable ball save upon coin door opening! Saved my game a few times!
The machine just gives you a new ball once the coin door is closed again.

#14055 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Colordmd looks fantastic in MET. It's easy to install and requires no cutting, soldering, or any hacks. It took me a while to do it the first time because I took my time to make sure I was doing it right. In the metal backbox, it does sit about an inch back from the speaker panel. That's why you need to extra hardware kit to get spacers and such. Good thing is vireland is making a gasket to fill in that gap to give it a much better finished look.

I was JUST going to plug his great product!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels/page/2#post-4551628

Go check it out. Nice clean solution!

1 week later
#14075 10 months ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hit 1 each
Snake
Cross
Sparky
Coffin
Then scoop and it should let ya have the option to cash out.

And the large item inserts will light up once you hit each item once. That way you can easily see which one you need before you can cash in.

#14094 10 months ago
Quoted from Koos:

Each bumper represents a piston and 10 hits on each bumper causes a blown piston. The associated orange insert will be lit and you need to ‘collect’ them here. Collect 10 blown pistons for extra ball. Never saw that happening though.
The spider arrow will be lit every time you spell FUEL to indicate you can activate 2X scoring. The loud engine will roar to confirm you’ve activated 2X scoring.

I thought this was the accurate description of how the blown pistons work. Never collected the extra ball myself btw.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

So ten shots to the piston target to light EB? That’s it?

Nope! 10 x 10 bumper hits + at least 4 x fuel lane. Not sure if the lane is enough or that target must be hit. Need to check this with glass off.

2 months later
#14764 8 months ago

New code!!!

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL180-README.TXT

This fixes a lot of bugs (blown piston collect!) and also adds small thing like new sounds. Unbelievable after more then 2 years!

Great work Stern! Thanks!

It does surprise me that a lot of changes have been made to The End of the Line CIU. Although most people will never reach it.
Maybe I should start lowering the required amount of items someday.

#14766 8 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are you shitting me???

Euh... nope!

I’m wondering if the changes they made to animations (extra ball animation changed/shortened?) requires an update from ColorDMD.

#14832 8 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

In the settings you can select the end effect for completing any CIU.
Rob

Which setting is this? And will changing the setting preview the sound? Haven't gotten the time yet to try out the new code.

#14903 7 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Uploaded the new code and all good, this game kicks more ass. Just wondering if colorDMD knows of a coloring issue when feature adjustment #125 Grave Marker Type is set to RIP tombstone instead of normal. I changed this setting to RIP Tombstone to check it out, and when the ball ends the bonus screen is not colored. Since they have to update for the new code anyway, they should fix this too.

Maybe send out an email to ColorDMD? I’m not sure if they read all these threads on Pinside.

#14907 7 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Lovely. The previous owner obviously had a good eye for detail

And the previous owner went the extra mile to also apply the total lightshow mod to the flipper area!

As far as I know Redshift itself never sold the rising cross mech but they were available thru Marco's a while back. Quite pricey though do I didn't bother to buy it.

#14946 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also dusting off an in progress mod I teased years ago, see if I actually get it finished this time, heh. There's a gaping hole in my game where I removed the stock stuff to work on it, playing it again is motivating me.

Could you refresh our minds on what mod this would be?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#15271 7 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Yeah.. yeah everyone says to get a sub. I figured that if I got a sub then I'd piss the wife off too often.

Get Flipper Fidelity with the big sub speakers! Sounds great! And does’t exaggerate the lows as much as an external sub. And with the extra volume control you can nicely balance the lows without shaking the house.

#15280 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Flipper fidelity makes a minimal improvement. The external sub is most noticeable.
Also flipper fidelity is expensive and a good sub can be found cheaply. Boxing day is coming up

A minimal improvement? Really?! Have you maybe only upgraded the front speakers then?
I have the "Flipping Fantastic" set with 10" internal woofer and the improvement in sound quality is massive! I must say that the audio could've sounded even better with different system hardware since Stern SAM still uses mono 24Khz audio files. But we're stuck with that for Metallica...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Koos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside