IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8552 7 years ago

I put my level across the letters in Metallica because my level is to long to fit between the slings.

#8558 7 years ago

There is a lot more to this pin then shooting Sparky all day. Crank It Up is the way you score big on this pin, and that requires you hit Snake, Coffin, Grave Markers, and Sparky 15 times each (on factory settings). If your main strategy is to go for Sparky all day that is because you will inevitably open up other modes in the game, Lady Justice, Blackened, Crank it up etc. If you are only good at targeting Sparky you won't get high scores once you reach Crank It Up.

Don't worry there is a deep rule set in Metallica that will keep you interested for a long time!

#8564 7 years ago

Check out purpledrillmonkeys response to the article I linked, all the way at the very bottom.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

Hope that helps.

6 months later
#10580 6 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I'll be wading my way thru all 10,000+ posts in this thread, but it will take a while.
Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default? I don't typically go crazy with mods, but I know it isn't uncommon for there to be a few essential mods or adjustments to make to pins to get them playing and looking good, and perhaps prevent breakage as well.
I just installed a Rev B shaker tonight, and I have a full set of Cliffy's on order to help prevent wear. I'll address the Sparky airballs using the suggestions offered a few posts above this one. Are there any other things I should look at right away? I'm not likely to do a full LED conversion.

I would just play the heck out of the game, and after a few dozen games you might have a better idea what you think the game needs. I think painting Sparky is a must, adding teeth to the snake, and adjusting the stock settings to make a couple of the modes more accessible. Also check out these links:

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/category/product-reviews/
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

1 week later
#10632 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And if you hold the left flipper and soft plunge into the pops, i believe that is the hardest skill shot.

Yep if you soft plunge into the right lane it is 4x and the left lane is 2x super skillshot.

#10690 6 years ago

Hey guys, not really sure what is going on with my MET pro, every so often when I activate the left flipper the game awards me 500,000 points? Also if I activate the left flipper soon after I plunge, the game will do a ball save, and I will have 2 balls in play right after plunge. Any suggestions what might be going wrong here.

#10692 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Sounds like the vibration from the left flipper is triggering a loose solder joint/connection on one of the switches for draining. Check those connectors. Also does anyone know if you get 500,000 points for just draining?

Yeah I can't think of anything other then a skillshot off the plunge that awards exactly 500,000 for a single shot.

#10697 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

500000 is awarded for hitting any shot. I would take the glass off, go into switch test, test every switch, and bang around the playfield. Sounds like issues with different switches. One on one of the shots and the other trough optos. Perhaps both are opto issues.

I figured it out, the left flipper was somehow activating the left outline switch. I lightly bent the switch and now the problem has been fixed! Thanks for the help!

1 month later
#10997 6 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Took me 30 seconds using search to 'count' them.
I appreciate Hank's mod, but I'd rather not have to scroll past the same ad that's been posted numerous times already - it dilutes the content of the intended purpose of this thread.
Isn't that what the Pinside Marketplace is for?

I think posts with people complaining dilutes the entire internet.

4 months later
#11993 6 years ago

Best thing you can do to this game is paint Sparky, also need to replace the instructions cards.

#12011 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I recently took my custom sparky off to replace my playfield. His feet are pretty beat up, but the most concerning part is there is a crack in one of them that will soon cause a chunk to fall off. I can reinforce this with resin/epoxy, but I was wondering if anyone has ideas on protecting the feet. I don't want to get 3 years down the road and have a footless sparky.

After I painted Sparky I spray a couple layers of this clear coat over him. I don't know how strong it is or how long it will last, but I have had it on Sparky for over a year and no chipping or cracking yet!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Testors-Spray-Paint-Dullcote-Clear-3-oz/22056097

#12016 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks for the info! My custom sparky has clear on it, but not sure what. My wife (who does artsy things and paints), is gonna paint the original sparky that came with the new playfield and was asking me what clear to use...Thanks!

No prob, let me know if you have any other questions when painting Sparks, me and my wife had a lot of fun painting him!

#12022 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I'm not the artist, but my wife has some questions. 1) Did you prime him first...or do any prep (lightly sand him). 2) What paints are best. She usually is into spray paints. She assumes some sort of artist paint, but what did you use. 3) will small artist brushes be ok for the finer detailes? We don't have an airbrush. 4). If we want to do any sculpting, do you know what works best.
Thanks for all your help. Really fun to look through all the custom Sparky's and get ideas. I like the one I had someone do for me, but look forward to doing ourselves.

I dabble in painting miniatures so I have a lot of supplies for painting already. This is what I did:
1) Yep, I removed him and primed him with white, I did not sand him I just washed him with a soap and water before priming with this https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Corax-White-Spray-Global
2) I used mainly Citadel paints, but they are pricey, I think you could get away with what you already have.
3)That's what I used
4)Can't help you with that, I haven't worked with sculpting medium; yet.

Good Luck!

#12025 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Getting there. I have most mods on and leds changed, but need to hook up the lighted mods (solder...I suck at it). spinny-vinny made me my latest mod. I think the snake skeleton along the right ramp is awesome!

Hey you should change your rule cards out to something a little nicer. Just do a quick search and you should find something nice.

#12031 6 years ago

I think you are allowed to say "after all these years". Sheesh, am I allowed to say sheesh, please say I am allowed to say sheesh, after all these years!

2 months later
#12418 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Your numbers are swayed pretty heavy IMHO in the wrong direction.
Games that can do the dead bounce to scoop is way less than 70%. I think I've found one total that would do this. I'd be surprised if that number was really higher than 15-20%.
Decent SPARKY - 10-15 million A 4 million sparky is a really bad sparky. If that is average their is no way that player has the skill to complete the EOL strategy. I still find the better advantage to Sparky is progress towards CIU vs the actually points from it.
Really good end of the line - I don't think I've ever seen it get to 5 million a shot. Colin MacAlpine played my Met and did this strategy for fun and he never even made it that high. It takes a really good player to exploit those points as both shots are pretty tight.

I have figured out how to set up my game to do the dead bounce scoop shot. I use Titan silicone and keep adjusting pitch (via the front legs) until you can make the shot. On my game it works 9.5 times out of 10. I am not sure, but I think if you gave me enough time I could set up nearly every MET to do this.

#12420 6 years ago

I think the game was designed to be able to do this. Furthermore my game is perfectly level and at around 7-7.5 in most areas. Every game needs to be played with and tweaked, might as well find the sweet spot! If you need to drain to shoot CIU then you just made the game a lot more difficult in my opinion, by wasting a ball.

#12421 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think the game was designed to be able to do this. Furthermore my game is perfectly level and at around 7-7.5 in most areas. Every game needs to be played with and tweaked, might as well find the sweet spot! If you need to drain to shoot CIU then you just made the game a lot more difficult in my opinion, by wasting a ball.

Whatever people like is fine by me, that is just the way I set up my game. Now time to go play!

#12431 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not on the fence at all. LCD, hands down. The LED display looks out of focus to me because each color is in a slightly different spot. So the light that comes out of it is too sharp, and I don't like the look. I've installed quite a few in other folks games, and I never like it.
The LCD rocks.

LCD is the way to go for MET, not sure about other games, but LCD looks fantastic in MET.

1 month later
#12894 6 years ago

It was noted that Seek and Destroy carries over into CIU so does Lady Justice.

#12898 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Don't know how you remember all that. Crikey. I played a bit tonight trying to light the inserts to make it easier to get ciu. I suck. Can never keep it in play long enough to capitalize on it. Some nights it's just drain city.

Just go for Sparky multi ball right off the hop, don't worry about lighting inserts that will happen naturally. I turned my CIU requirements down to 10 hits and the game is more rewarding and everyone has a chance to get to CIU. Also I try to hit the Snake's mouth ASAP (just once), so when I do hit ramps/orbits/crosses I advance the snake portion of CIU.

#12901 6 years ago

200m is a great score, keep the ball alive and you will get there!

#12929 6 years ago

I disable my post too, makes the game flow so much better, advancing mystery scoop through the inlanes works good enough for me.

3 weeks later
#13161 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I think I saw one of the menus that actually lets you set the defaults... I'd rather keep fighting to beat the default though to make it REALLY mean something. I was just curious how many combos other people have on MET.

I set my defaults to 10, I hate seeing default high scores come up. 20 is just ridiculous to me, you have to be extremely focused on just hitting combos. On all of my best scores on the game none of those games had more then 10 combos.

1 week later
#13204 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So close to getting my name on my game... only 10 million away, and I lost both balls of a multiball on my 3rd ball... so close!!! Argh!!!
(I bought it from a pinsider and told him to keep his scores so I had something to aim for... almost 6 months later, I'm still trying...)

I always erase the old high scores when I buy a used pinball. It is my game, in my house, I don't want to be looking at some strangers high scores, that just seems like torture.

2 years later
#17585 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hope I'm not annoying people posting this stuff but here's my first painted and in position prototype of the coffin that covers the ball hop plastic. I did make a mistake in painting under the lid black and then realised I covered the cross. Sanded a good bit of it off too let the light through again. Currently it turns on and off with the white gi.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now it’s time to paint Sparky! My favourite of all time mod, it really changes the game for me and makes it more personal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.