51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#735 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I finally get to join this thread properly, been wanting one of these for a little bit now. Picked up a really clean LE yesterday from a friend and fellow Pinsider. I'll probably tinker with it a bit, I usually do, but for the moment just hooked it up to a sub and and am enjoying getting the feel for the gameplay.

Congrats! I'm now in the club too (see my unboxing thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-a-new-metallica-premium-pics ).

Put a ton of plays on it already. Love this pin so far.

image-945.jpgimage-945.jpg

#757 9 years ago

Holy crap. Normally I drain within 5 shots on For Whom The Bell Tolls, but not this time. I hit every shot and then cashed it. Did NOT have 2X scoring lit but could you imagine? 201 Million!

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

That extra ball is gonna be tough now though...

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

1 week later
#791 9 years ago

For those that have an issue with magnetized balls, what did you replace them with? They're starting to cause issues when in the shooter lane.

#810 9 years ago

Holy **** awesome!

REALLY crappy day. Finally headed down to play a game. No restarts, just one game. Nearly doubled my high score. Finished Blackened and Battery. First time collecting all band members then completing Four Horsemen. Really fun machine.

image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg
image-351.jpgimage-351.jpg
image-587.jpgimage-587.jpg

image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg image-351.jpgimage-351.jpg image-587.jpgimage-587.jpg
#822 9 years ago

Thought you guys would like this Metallica Sportscenter ad which will start airing tonight:

3 weeks later
#930 9 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

hitting the captive ball (after completion of all items , snake, sparky and cross) will then lock those items, so when you make that shot again, and till the GAME is over, you will get credit for a snake , a cross and sparky. if you don't lock the lane (by hitting the captive ball) the items need to be relit after a drain. its funny that my highest score to date was done before knowing the rules! imho, the best pinball game out there! waiting for the honeymoon to be over. lol

Didn't realize that! Thanks. Such great rules on this pin. Honeymoon still going here.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anybody hit End of Line yet?
I had a freaky ( for me ) game of 292 million with 3 CIU's so wondering if anyone got EOL yet?
And then feeling great, next game was 4 million!

Haven't. Tried like hell to get there.

#995 9 years ago

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPGphoto 1-2.JPG
photo 2-2.JPGphoto 2-2.JPG

#998 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holy crap well done! Good to see that a lot of points can be earned in CIU. When I had my measly 300+ mil game I drained on battery CIU just before collecting and the jp was in the 50's with double scoring running so that would have been 100+, I was so pissed! ...but 300mil?!! Kudos to you!

It was crazy. I hit EVERY shot in For Whom The Bell Tolls. All shots light as crosses, then you hit those, all lite as snakes, then switch, etc. I was ready to cash in at like 30MM, but then decided to try to finish. Then double scoring popped up and BOOM! The confusing part is when you're going to collect during CIU and double scoring is active, the "collect" value isn't reflected. So I scored about 100MM during FWTBT, then went to collect. The collect value was about 102MM, but when I cashed in, it was doubled. Just something to be aware of!

1 month later
#1219 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

You got to light them twice to get one band member, 3 times for the 2nd band member, 4 times for the 3rd band member and 5 times for the 5th band member. I've only got end of line started one time and I choked and didn't even hit one shot.... Basically, you have to light them all 9 times to start end of line.

There's a 5th band member of Metallica?

Who's the fifth?Who's the fifth?

1 week later
#1306 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

Shaker is great with MET. Plenty of use!

1 month later
#1589 9 years ago

New bests for me this morning. Love this game. 115MM jackpot during Blackened!

photo 1-5.JPGphoto 1-5.JPG

photo 2-5.JPGphoto 2-5.JPG

photo 3-2.JPGphoto 3-2.JPG

2 months later
#2094 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This worth complaining about?

WP_20150123_19_17_10_Pro.jpg 111 KB

Tell them. Would you have bought it "New" if it looked like that? Heck no.

#2098 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I moved my outlanes. Its my game, Ill be the one playing it mostly, I paid for it, so Im setting it up how I want lol
My lip is a bit higher and its just something I think you have to deal with.

+1 to this. You're not sucking quarters on location. Move em in. You get good? Move em back out.

2 weeks later
#2222 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No, what you're describing is what happens after you finish a shot. At the beginning of the game, one major shot will be 'marked'. You can tell the marked shot by the flashing arrow insert on that shot. You can either change the marked shot by shooting another major shot, or you can work on the already marked shot.
Once a shot is marked, you can 'finish' it by shooting the other major shots while that shot is marked. Hit Sparky and the Sparky insert below the marked shot lights. Hit the snake and the snake insert under the marked shot lights. Once you get all four inserts lit, you get a hurryup at the captive ball to finish the shot and lock it in. Once it's locked, it acts like you described above. Each shot gives you credit towards CIU for Sparky, snake and graveyard. *The marked shot can move.* Keep your eye on the flashing arrow. That's the currently marked shot.
The captive ball hits have their own shortcut. The inlanes start a brief hurryup for double hits on the captive ball. Can't recall if it's just double for coffin MB or if it's just for CIU (don't own one). Using instant info to see how close you are to the next CIU mode is a must. There's a screen specifically for CIU requirements. Use it. Most often, you'll have everything but the coffin finished. There's no point in hitting any other shot if all you need is coffin hits. From watching others much better than me, I've learned that the right ramp is the best overall shot to get back to CIU. Post passing is easy on MET. If the ball is on the right flipper, I'll pass it to the left flipper and shoot the right ramp. The right ramp is safe and it returns to a flipper. Easy money.
I also always go for the super skill shot on the right ramp. If I'm really lucky, it's marked for the super duper (flashing arrow) and I make the shot. One flip, right ramp completed. If it's not the super duper and I make the shot, I collect the super points and have the right ramp marked. If I miss, I quickly look to see which shot is the super duper and see if I can make that shot before time runs out.

I usually play this way -- trying to finish shots and collect hurryups -- but lately have been focusing on:

1- Super skill shot
2 - Getting Sparky meltable going ASAP

Once Sparky is going, you can nail tons of shots and let finishing shots and hurryups take care of themselves, basically.

Meltable Jackpots are light. CIU modes are where you want to get to. The quicker the better.

Then in a CIU mode, get 2X scoring ready, then cash in for double. Scored over 300MM in Sandman this way.

2 months later
#3087 8 years ago

I ordered the pinbits plastic protectors (slings and Sparky) and the don't fit. Too deep, so I can't reattach the screws to posts. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 months later
#4049 8 years ago

Here's why MET is so damn good.

So here you are. FTB completed. Shooting every shot you want. Good game going. Double scoring is lit. Do you cash in?

IMG_7230.JPGIMG_7230.JPG

#4052 8 years ago

Oh, yeah. Cashed in. What if I risked it for 2x scoring though!?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4055 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A better question is when are you replacing those red dots with a ColorDMD?

I know. I know. I will eventually but she sits between Roadshow and LOTR so I'd wind up doing all three! $$$

#4060 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can hit the scoop just fine. (Unless CIU is lit. )

I'm good at the piston lane. Scoop kills me though. Half the time it's a bounce in from the left sling (which is what this did), so I cashed.

I tried a few times hitting the piston target then scoop, but just couldn't get the scoop clean.

In other news, whenever AJFA starts, that's nearly always a guaranteed drain for me. 100K total. Kiss of death!

#4070 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This happened to me the other night. On 3rd ball, shot left ramp which started both SnD and Lady Justice at the same time. Hit a pick target and immediately drained. Scored 100k for Seek and Destroy and 100k for Lady Justice! Top that!

Haha good times! *bangs glass*

2 weeks later
#4284 8 years ago

MOP #462 in the wild in Kitty Hawk NC begging to be played

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

3 months later
#4941 8 years ago

That topper kicks ass

3 months later
#6037 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I love my block bounce shot into snake mouth on one side for double hit and the block bounce shot to sparky on the other. It would kill me to give it up and I know the captive ball won't do the same... Or does it?

Mine still has the block from 2 years ago. I get bounces into the snake and magnet depending how on force/direction.

#6042 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine still has the block from 2 years ago. I get bounces into the snake and magnet depending how on force/direction.

Here you go

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6050 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man...I got my monsters last November and in four months I have 1098 games played.

Sorry I was working and on the iPhone.

Code updates KILLED the plays. I'm sure I have a lot more. Somewhere in this thread waaaaaaay back I posted 300,000,000+ Enter Sandman score (cashed in a double). I held out updating code for a while. Then hit 2K plays and the scores reset so I updated it. Lots of plays on her.

1 week later
#6217 8 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I assumed the post was meant to not only send the right loop shot into the pops, but the left as well. So are you saying the left loop shot is meant to reject back down the left side? If so then it is definitely doing its job.

Correct. Great description on Pinball News.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_9.46.19_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_9.46.19_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_9.46.31_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_9.46.31_PM_(resized).png

#6234 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe it needs to hit the stand up target and not just the rollover?

It does. If you do that Double Scoring is lit. You need to hit it again to start it.

#6242 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This is the opposite of what is true on my game. With the metal post installed, he ball comes up the left orbit, stalls and then falls down into the pops.

I *think* the orbit post is controlled by the inlanes. Not sure where I read/hear this. There's a "semi random" feeling to the ball's behavior once it happens.

Tried again this morning and the ball can come back down left orbit, or wind up trickling into the pops from the left orbit shot.

From the right, if it hits the post, it'll come down into the rollovers, or if it's got a lot of speed, with come back down the right orbit.

Post is disabled for And Justice For All and I think when shooting all combos.

#6251 8 years ago

In other news, this is visually my favorite mode in pinball: Enter Fade To Black, complete it, then keep hitting shots where only a few inserts are lit.

Happened this am. I forgot how good it is.

FullSizeRender-2_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender-2_(resized).jpg

#6252 8 years ago

dupe

1 week later
#6319 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FWIW my guy still wants to do this, he even built a rotocast rig for it, I've seen the video of it in action. Just busy like me is all, hard to make pinball mods a priority sometimes when life keeps throwing other things for you to juggle. I'm just now catching up on this thread for instance, which is why I'm replying to an 11 day old post!

I'm in on the the next run

#6324 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I talked to him yesterday, it's still something he's working on doing. I'll update when I actually have news.

Thanks!

#6358 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I love the hammer, two stage snake, rising cross, light show, and art of the Premium. I'm sure the Pro is just as fun, but the small amount of extra $ it costs to go Premium, it's worth it for these extra features that add so much to the MET experience. It really just depends on budget and if those features are worth it or not- to some they are, to me- "Hell ye-ahh!"

image_(resized).jpeg

Yeah I think if you ONLY had a Pro, you'd be fine with it and wouldn't miss anything.

But if you play a Prem/LE extensively first, you wouldn't want the Pro.

Make sense?

#6371 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I owned the LE since release, and sold it last May. I've owned the Pro LED since then, but I don't miss the LE. The only thing I "miss" are the spinners and rgb inserts, but I don't miss the hammer, snake jaw, or motorized cross at all. In fact, my pro plays so much better without the hammer and snake jaw.

So was it a money decision or gameplay decision?

1 month later
#6889 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its just a little thing, but I wish they'd update the ball saver text to a font/graphic that matches the game. Everything else is so cool, and this frequently seen message is just generic text.

I agree. #FirstWorldFontProblems

#6890 8 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got it and have no idea what I am doing . Action is fast and furious.I can't even end look at the dmd . Really great game

Check out the Bowen Kerins tutorial on the PAPA YouTube channel. It's awesome.

2 months later
#7405 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Same here...played a dozen or so games and heard no new call outs.

I didn't hear anything new either. Played a few multi balls and Enter Sandman.

Lighting looked different to me when you locked a ball or started Fuel, etc. Dimmed then, red then back to normal.

Maybe I hadn't played it in a while and didn't notice before?

6 months later
#8996 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I did flip dip switch 8. Still nothing. When I insert the USB stick, a green light lights up. This leads me to believe that the machine recognizes that there is indeed a USB in there. However, it never advances from this screen.
Side note: I can also not back up data to a USB. No USB functionality seems to work. I have tried multiple sticks as well.

Easiest thing first. Try a different USB stick.

Make sure it's clear of everything but the file.

2 months later
#10337 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No choice. Seek and Destroy starts as soon as you nail the 5th hurry-up, which is usually about 10 seconds before I drain ...

For me it's death, taxes and draining 5 seconds after FUEL starts

1 week later
#10463 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Was playing tonight with people over and suddenly the mystery hole gave an error message. Opened it up and found a wire broke off of coil and what seems to be a blackened plastic where coil and wire connect. Anybody else ever have this and aside from resoldering wire on, is there anything else to be concerned about? How does a wire suddenly break off?

Anything mechanical is headed to a state of breakdown. I've had I happen on other games.

1 month later
#10727 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Maybe it's just me, but the snake's tongue looks crooked in your pic.

Agree!

1 week later
#10793 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

shitty deal! Looks like she's getting old and developing granny boobs.

hey, so am I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 months later
#11429 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have seen people mention MET is like chopping wood, but I don't really understand this. If they mean they have to keep bashing something over and over, I'm assuming they're only playing for specific multiballs for competition purposes(?). If you're playing the game to progress through the game (reach CIU modes), the coffin is the only thing you need to bash multiple times (7 times, if you take advantage of the double-hit inlanes). Everything else you can collect by hitting the lit insert lanes. Setting a few of the lanes up doesn't require repeatedly bashing graveyard, Sparky, or Snake. Avoiding Seek n Destroy also helps reach the other CIU's faster.

Maybe chopping wood is too harsh, but I owned mine for over 3 years. Loved it. But eventually, I guess like all pins, I wore out from the grind.

It takes a lot to get to the CIU modes and I used to focus on hurry ups to make it a little more fun to get there, but eventually it wore on me.

For novice players and kids, there's no way they'd see CIU modes. It's too involved. I don't think a single guest (non-players) of mine ever got to one. They'd drain before it was even active.

Don't get me wrong it's an awesome game (an arcade a mile from my house as a premium, so that made it easier to trade it away).

Rule wise, I think It's just missing a couple mini wizard things to being a perfect pin though.

I think Seek and Destroy is one of the best modes in pinball ever.

#11460 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I've had a few balls get caught behind the hammer. Just wondering if there's a fix for it?

That's strange. I never had that happen in 3+ years of ownership OR see it on pinside.

1 year later
#15282 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

My right ramp flasher on my MET Pro went out this evening while playing. (For completeness sake in this querry, I do/did have small strip UV LEDs attached/alligator-clipped to both ramp flashers that I had brought up to the pf to light installed spinners when flashers go off, had been working fine and looked cool)...anyway, I thought is was a bad bulb at the right flasher, had a spare and replaced it, but didn't fix the issue. Went through test, every other lamp and flasher were working fine. Examined the flasher housing and all wires looked good on inspection. Went to the backbox and didn't see anything unusual. Removed the alligator clips holding the LED strip on both sides, no difference. Ran test again...everything working but right ramp flasher.
It's driving me crazy!
Any ideas? Thanks!

Transitor?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.