Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flex_in_Aus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12943 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In all these years of owning MET, I had no idea that you could pick up items by making a shot with that item lit. I’m glad I read this thread once in a while!

Yeah this was a game changer for me. Just when I thought I had seen all this machine had to offer I watched a tutorial (thanks heaps McSirTuna from Buffalo Pinball!!) which mentioned this part of the ruleset and it opened this machine up so much. MET seems to get this bad rap of 'chopping wood', but when you throw the item collection rules into the mix (and as a player understand them) it completely blows that argument out of the water!

Not sure if its been covered before, but you can also light a full row off the plunge as well, kind of like a super skill shot I guess. Its very, very hard to do as it always defaults to the left most item row that isn't locked in. So you have to long plunge around, get control and get the ball back up possibly the left orbit within a very limited time. It will then flash all item lights on that row. You then need to lock it in by shooting the same shot again, which then lights the captive ball hurry up (pro model) which needs to be hit. This is possibly easier to understand on the Premium and LE as the colour changing inserts can guide you a bit better possibly?
If I miss it off the plunge I try to lock the item rows in from left to right so its an easier skill shot next time e.g if the item rows have been locked in for left orbit, grave and left ramp, all items on the right ramp will be lit on next plunge, which is a lot easier to hit in a short period of time.

#12945 6 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Why dont you hold left flipper and soft plunge to get it to right flipper instead of long plunging and trying to get control?

Didn't actually think of that, lol (but looks like Lyman did )
After some experimenting I found the following (This is when the left orbit item light column is not locked in);

Looks like you need to hit the left orbit switch twice to get the item light column flashing within the timeout period, and a third to set them for the captive ball hurry up shot. So a total of four shots to complete locking the left orbit item row in on the skill shot.

Long plunging essentially ticks one of these timed switch hits off straight away (the ball naturally comes down the left orbit and hits the switch), and the second shot gets them flashing, after this you have all day to hit it again to set them, and then line up your shot at the captive ball to lock them in.

If you try it from a short plunge you will have to hit two shots over the left orbit switch within the timed period to get them flashing, so the difficulty level is still right up there, possibly harder depending on how good you are at short plunging.

Either way you need to hit the switch on the left orbit twice to get item light column flashing, a third to set them, and then hit the captive ball shot to lock them in. So four shots total.

It seems as though the left orbit is the most difficult to lock in this way. Once you have it locked, it looks like all the other columns only need to be hit once to get them flashing, a second time to set them, and then you can go for the captive ball. So 3 shots in total instead of 4.
Short plunging could be a better option here as there is no advantage of hitting the left orbit switch with the long plunge.

These columns will light for the skill shot in order from left to right (would be great if there was a secret that moves this during gameplay?)

Could be something I am missing with all this though.

#12960 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Which shot is lit for the Super skill shot is
The leftmost shot if in tournament play
a random shot if not in tournament play
Same for both Pro and Prem

I wasn't in tournament play yet it seems to be locked into left orbit. Factory settings, latest code, hmmmm?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12961 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I believe a lane won't flash for full collection while holding the left flipper button on plunge unless it at least hits the right orbit switch. A soft plunge is still possible, but it needs to go further than just a soft plunge and not far enough to go into the lanes. It might even need to hit both orbit switches before they flash, as Flex_in_Aus mentioned.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

On mine you dont have to hit the right orbit switch to get things happening.

8 months later
#15107 5 years ago

Updated to 1.8. Noticed the other night the wife finished her game but a song either continued playing, or started playing as she walked away. It played through the whole song whilst no-one was on it, no game started, no ball in shooter lane, nothing. Even if this had been the case it would have only played the first few seconds anyway.
Does anyone know if some sort of attract mode or jukebox trigger has been added in? She had a very low score game and I wondered it was maybe linked to that? I did try this theory but it could be random I guess?

2 months later
#15936 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Thank you everyone for your input towards my trough question.
Now I have another.
Can someone tell me what this is or what the purpose of it is? It looks like an unfinished piece for something?
It’s clear and just to the left of the ramp return. I circled in red
[quoted image]

If your talking about the clear post, I would imagine that post is there to stop any possible ball hangups behind the ramp mounting nut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flex_in_Aus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Flex_in_Aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.