51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Delta9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5214 8 years ago

Just picked up a prem look foward to modding this monster image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5225 8 years ago

? Anyone know if theirs a paint / powdercoat code for the purple image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5228 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i searched a powder coat in austria
no standard color will match, you have order a special color (to expensive for 1 kit)
we use color now and clear coat it
see the sample part above, will post more pics soon
why is the hole to big?

Not sure about the hole this is a fellow pinsider I really like the purple i wanna do my pin

#5279 8 years ago

Need some help installed a shaker and found this wire none of my other sterns have this wire that im aware of feeling kinda stumped

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5284 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

there is anew stern shaker kit with a new pcb
if you have this new kit, you will need this connector
if you have the old shaker, you don't need it

Thanks

#5306 8 years ago

Whos got the trickest met with all the custom mods ? I wanna see a vid

#5330 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

My MET Premium has about 100+ differences than stock, maybe I will make a video.
Some changes are internal including PCB boards, and items such as a real knocker installed in the lower cabinet.
There was already too much going in the backbox, and it is the new metal version. I am not drilling any more holes in it, like I had to do for my custom topper.

100 plus mods make a vid can u tell me how you made the knocker i want one

#5331 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I just installed the snake mod last night and I think it looks awesome although for the shorter player it may block the rollover lane inserts but I can see them fine. Lol

Digging the green you have shining on the snake

#5332 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My refinery Pro is pretty tricked out. The ramp leds are hooked up to 2 different Sparky flashers and the skull to another one.
IMGA09181.jpg

Ramps looking good

1 week later
#5380 8 years ago

I just did my own 4$ elwire mod for sparkey anybody interested ill post a link . Not sure if this has already been discussed my eyes started bleeding on trying to read all the pages on this thread

#5401 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Always interested in do it yourself mods.
That is how I got my flipper buttons lit up cheap.
So post away.

Really simple just take the adapter that you would plug into your car and cut it off their will be a red wire and a black wire i put alligator clips take the red wire and connect it to the orange wire on the sparky flasher then take the black wire and connect it to the black wire and thats it your done on the wiring i took a screw driver and wound the wire real tight on the post and put a peice of tape on it and let sit for a day to keep its shape i havnt found a sparky cap just yet but im sure ill find something that will work at homedepote ill post that later but this should get u started feel free to ask any questions ill do my best to help ps the pics of sparky are before I wrapped the elwire on the screw driver

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5402 8 years ago

ebay.com link: itm hers a link to elwire

#5435 8 years ago

My snake ate the alligator clip know my lights are stuck on green

#5505 8 years ago

My sub wires are sodered and the bass hits hard can't imagine it hiting harder but im all ears if it does whats the trick on turning up the highs to match the bass

1 week later
#5658 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

BTW, I should have mentioned, I would just replace that magnet core.
$12, Pinball Life.
In fact, buy a few.
The one shown is beat to hell, and soon you are going to need to sand and buff it flat on a lathe or drill press or replace it anyway.
The damage will continue along the playfield edges if you do not.
I still recommend a Cliffy protector as well ($12 for a pair of protectors)
They are carbon fiber now (no magnet issues), easy to install (or remove), and worth a couple of bucks.
Looking closely at the photo reveals that the magnet core has been unlevel for a while due to edge "denting".

Is this just on the pro ? I have a prem

#5675 8 years ago

Fade to black is aussom the whole pin went black then just blue haha cheers this pin kicks assssss

#5676 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well if you start going to crazy with the colors you loose the great artwork on the plastics and playfield. I like the clear whites in the inserts because #1, it helps you see what they say and #2, I like the "sparkle" of the inserts facets. I just took most of the colored leds out of the inserts on the Batman Forever I just bought and the inserts really pop now, to me it makes the game look more modern. But everyone has there own tastes so go with what ya like.

Whats your take on the green plastic protectors

#5682 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like them and what I and a few others have done make the out lane protectors look even better. The out lane plastics have an eyeball on them and with the green protectors on the eyeball color looks weird so what we did was drill a hole in the protectors the same size as the eyeball. That lets the white outlane light light up the eyeball in a natural color instead of an odd greenish color. It's easy to do but take your time and measure accurately and you'll be fine. If you have a drill press all the better.

Thanks paul

#5692 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

In case anyone was wondering what the Dirty Donny blacklight painted Sparky looks like with the UV/blacklight flashers installed... It is much darker than the bright white flashers but the effect is kinda cool and his brains really GLOW.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Who did your sparky that looks aussom

#5693 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Who did your sparky that looks aussom

the green looks sweet on the protector

#5701 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Dirty Donny... The artist who did the backglass, cabinet and playfield Art.

Fking aussom

#5702 8 years ago
1 week later
#5835 8 years ago

My polk hits hard wires sodered to the sub

3 weeks later
#6064 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That guy was douchetastic. No wonder he self destructed err.... Deactivated .
Oops, I called someone a douche , thread eject.......cuming....

I say we ban u untill u put back your avatar

1 week later
#6170 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Disable the pop up post, game plays so much faster.
Try it out for 20 games and see what you think</blockquote ive been wanting todo this with out the post you know have a true skill shot

2 months later
#7113 7 years ago

Looking for some pics with sparky lcd tv mod i have a ride the lightning mod looking for some ideas on where to put it

1 week later
#7206 7 years ago

Just order up a blanket to put my met asleep at night

#7209 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Bad ass! It will be a nice touch!

Thanks bro heres a link if anybody wants to buy one ebay.com link: itm

#7213 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7973 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Where did u get that apron timebandit

#7979 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.
Coming soon to redshiftLED. These are pretty darn nice in the flesh, but this version is NOT rated for playfield lift. There will be a premium, built-like-a-tank version, that will be more expensive and available in fewer colours, but totally capable of replacing factory aprons in terms of strength when used as a playfield lifting handle.

Put me on the list ill buy two

3 months later
#8717 7 years ago

Met monster blowing f10 fuse continuesly Checked for a short cant seem to find one // game will work fine till about the second ball then pop flippers go dead

#8735 7 years ago

Blowing f10 fuse no shorts that i can see ??? Anybody?? Have this happen before

#8739 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What does F10 supply? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

It supplies the flippers and I believe the magnets i can put a new fuse in then start playing no problem / then i hit sparky bam fuse blows i see no shorts no wires smashed im really lost on this one

#8744 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I got some good news for you. F10 supplies 20vdc flasher circuits. You most likely have a shorted flasher bulb, or could be a socket or wiring to a socket, but most likely just a shorted bulb. Since you said it happens when you hit Sparky there are 3 circuits to check
Q27, Electric Chair x2
Q28, Electric Chair Spotlights x2
Q32, Electric Chair insert
So replace your fuse, go into solenoid test mode, make sure you pull out the interlock switch to supply high voltage. Test these 3 flashers one at a time. When the fuse blows you've found the bad circuit. Then I would first just try a new bulb, or you could try it with no bulb and see if it still blows fuse.

You rock im on it will report back thank you

#8773 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I got some good news for you. F10 supplies 20vdc flasher circuits. You most likely have a shorted flasher bulb, or could be a socket or wiring to a socket, but most likely just a shorted bulb. Since you said it happens when you hit Sparky there are 3 circuits to check
Q27, Electric Chair x2
Q28, Electric Chair Spotlights x2
Q32, Electric Chair insert
So replace your fuse, go into solenoid test mode, make sure you pull out the interlock switch to supply high voltage. Test these 3 flashers one at a time. When the fuse blows you've found the bad circuit. Then I would first just try a new bulb, or you could try it with no bulb and see if it still blows fuse.

I found the problem thanks to you ended up being the sparky elwire mod went bad soon as I disconnected games playing great thanks a million

1 month later
#9127 7 years ago

Anybody have a interactive backbox kit they wanna sell ? Pm me

#9128 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Joining the club suuuuuuper soon! \m/
Putting my order in to Pinball Refinery on Tuesday, and then it'll take about 3-4 more weeks until I can play it because I'm getting it modded to the gills. Then my wife can stop rolling her eyes; I've been talking about getting one for so long. She finally agreed as long as I redo the floors next year fair trade by me!

Theirs a pinball refinery met pro huo on the market place might be able to save u some cash

#9130 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately it's missing some mods I want and includes one of the few I don't. I'll just order new, not worried about a price difference really.

You do know about the ghosting dimples and clear coat chipping issues good luck

#9132 7 years ago

Not really worried, plus historically METs haven't had these problems. The occurrence is way less than 1%. As far as dimples, literally every game gets them. My WoZ has plenty. I was sad when they started to show, but now they're starting to "disappear".
I buy games to have fun, I'm really not looking to nitpick or worry or kill the experience of getting a NIB. Thanks for the concern though.

Youll think differently if the clear coat chips and ghosting happens might wanna wait a min for stern to figer out the problem batman 66 is having all these issues

#9149 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dude..u own quite a few sterns to be doggin them! Gotta ask..3 ghostbusters?!? What up wit dat?

Not doggin keeping it real sold two pros with ghosting and crazing have a le with ghosting i love stern dont get it twisted ! i just want them to get their playfeilds fixed $ right know buying any new in the box is a gamble $$$$ older met are a sure win no ghosting no crazing no insert lifting no chipping of the clear

#9150 7 years ago

Time for a cliffy set

2 months later
#10473 7 years ago

Met for the win imo

4 months later
#11494 6 years ago

Paul u ever think of making interactive

Quoted from bent98:I think I am pretty much done with modding my MET Premium. I got a base unit with a few minor mods from Steve over at Pinball Refinery and then went buck wild. Steve @ PBR and Melissa @ Cointaker kick ass. I recommend them to anyone looking to get a NIB pinball that want to get powerdercoated and modded from the get go. The only thing left is to color the cross LED's but I am waiting for the cross LED mod to be made for the premium. If anyone notices any other tasteful mods I haven't done yet, please me know.

Spiders on the spot lights by mezel plus a tv by sparky im sure ill think of a couple more

8 months later
#13317 5 years ago

just installed Powerblades from pingraffix took my met to another level

1 month later
#13579 5 years ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Let me know how your powerblades work. Mine cause sparky to go off without a ball hitting him. Joe at pingraffix is stumped...

I think your on crack the Powerblades plug into a 110 outlet how in the hell could that make your sparky go off lol adjust your sparky switch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Delta9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Delta9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.