51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1205 9 years ago

It looks like a Bally...maybe Lost World?

Phoebe

3 weeks later
#1352 9 years ago

Hubby originally ordered an LE, but ended up not being enough to go around...so he opted for premium Road Case, now he is glad he did because he says he would've had a hard time (having me) doing all the custom stuff he wanted done to it. He is much happier with the Road Case!
Will have it at Expo this week in the free play room for everyone to play!

Phoebe

9 months later
#4202 8 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I'm experiencing ball over during game play recently. I'm thinking it's a switch issue, but can't point to anything in particular.
During game play, the flippers will die as if the ball drained. I've seen it happen while holding a ball on the left flipper and/or the right flipper, along with various shots during game play. It's weird. I can have a ball in play and the game thinks the ball drained. Any ideas on where I should look first?
Thanks in advance.

Check your trough switch connector...reseat it that should solve your issue

Phoebe

2 months later
#4741 8 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Where have any of you seen the best price on a nib met pro led? I'm in Ohio if that makes a difference.

Trent at TILT is in Columbus Ohio, and Cointaker is in PA a bit farther away, but I would check with either of them for best pricing and either is great to deal with!!

Phoebe

4 months later
#6273 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Can only imagine what it would look like after a few thousand balls played.

Quoted from pauloz:

kinda like the beat up box look.

Yeah me too! I've never had a problem with the way it plays, I get the bounces off it to the snake and ramp. Mine has never been cranked down tight, it has a bit of give to it and moves some so it deadens the ball when it hits it.

This is what mine looks like, build date 6/26/13 one of the first premiums off the line, and it is still original. My game has been to 7 shows and gets anywhere from 700 to 1200 plays on it per show. Plus league and tourneys here at our house, so I would guesstimate that it has between 9 and 10 thousand plays on it. Probably closer to 10K. The block started looking like that fairly early, but once it got a bunch of plays on it, it really hasn't gotten much worse. I keep waiting for it to get a hole in it or something but it works fine and I see no reason to swap it.

Phoebe

P2280002_(resized).JPGP2280002_(resized).JPG

P2280003_(resized).JPGP2280003_(resized).JPG

P2280004_(resized).JPGP2280004_(resized).JPG

4 months later
#7463 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, I'm finally officially in the club now. it only took me 1 year, 2 months, and 5 days to un-box my monster premium
I've swapped out the side rails and hinges with these

and am currently going through my "punch out" list before the first game is played. it's going to be a rockin' 4th of july this year

It's about time!! Congrats on finally getting it out of the box!!

Phoebe

2 months later
#8532 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

When I shoot the piston target, it rolls back down and bounces off the top of the sling-shot and out the left out-lane. Its infuriating to say the least, especially when I'm in Crank it up and want to initiate double scoring. I finally make the shot only to have it tossed to the out-lane. Does any one else experience this on their machine? I've played other machines and it didn't ever seem to happen.

Yep mine does this too...if it goes up and hits at a decent speed it normally doesn't do it, but if it goes 3/4 of the way up and doesn't hit it it will come back down look like it's going down the in-lane...then bounce and go out the out lane...to which I generally scream "Damn Borgie lane!!!" and stomp away till it is my turn again.

Phoebe

2 months later
#8810 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can anyone direct me to what I should be looking at for this issue? the G.I. and the spider inserts seem to be working intermittently. some times when I power on my game everything is working, other times it's really dark because rows 1+2 of the lamp matrix do not appear to be lighting up at all.
all of the fuses are good (if one wasn't, I wouldn't get any G.I. intermittent), and the connectors to the back box boards seem good and secure.

Check the data cable and re-seat it in the head and under the PF see if that fixes it. We have had ours act this way a couple times.

Phoebe

2 weeks later
#8913 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, Soon to be new HMU Met Pro wooden backbox owner here! Can't wait to get it. Just curious, the "sparky" figurine, will it be ok if it's shipped without putting the foam back in it? Long story short the current owner who had the game given to them, is shipping it for me. It was hard enough for me to talk to her over the phone to get the balls out of the machine to ship. Just curious if sparky can take being shipped 1600 miles. Thanks!

My Sparky has traveled many more miles back and forth to shows folded up in the back of my trailer and he is still Rockin' and Rollin' just fine! So I can't imagine there being any problem!

Phoebe

3 months later
#10225 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does anybody else sell the color insert mod for the 4 CIU inserts on the Pro model? HankScorpio made a nice looking kit to color these white inserts but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

Not sure if anyone else has made a kit if no one does then Cointaker sells the colored LED boards So you can do it yourself...
http://cointaker.com/

Phoebe

4 weeks later
#10541 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Recent Metallica owner. I've noticed it is easy to get air balls on the ricochet off Sparky's feet. Is this normal? Any way to reduce this?

I swapped out the small rubbers on the 2 posts in front of Sparky for posts that a Cliffy style rubber fits on and we haven't had the issue. Most will tell you ... You have to have an extended Sparky plastic protector. (similar to you have to have the metal post instead of the plastic one that comes in the orbit...) I've never had this on mine and haven't seen a need for it since I swapped out those posts and rubbers for the Cliffys. All what you think it needs...

Phoebe

#10558 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Cool, thanks Phoebe. I'll look into that. So, replace the posts with standard posts with Cliffy post sleeves installed, right?

Yes that's all I did and haven't had airball issues from Sparky!
Congrats on your new game !!!

Phoebe

2 weeks later
#10695 6 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Quick tech question for you guys - My Sparky magnet has suddenly stopped responding. When this happened to my Well and prison magnets on TWD it was a blown fuse that I could visibly identify as such, but when I checked the Metallica fuses they all looked OK. Anybody have any experience with this or ideas what the problem might be/which fuse I should try replacing?
Thanks in advance for the help.

It is F-7 fuse...and it should have a red LED light above it, if that red LED is out then your fuse is blown.

Phoebe

2 weeks later
#10803 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I did a similar speaker grill MOD. Not only do I like how they came out, subtle but evident. They were printed no a 3D printer so I bought a printer to start to work on my own mods and other useful / useless things. I'll come up with my own unique design and give you all an update.
I be printing a standoffs and adding an LED strips to see how speaker backlighting looks.

Here...you can get the original ones already made...
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Speaker-Light-Kits.html
http://cointaker.com/t/speaker-lights

Phoebe

1 week later
#10847 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I haven't done any testing yet aside from visually inspecting and replacing the transistor Q18 that is for the step driver board. I can test right now since I'm working from home today though.

Just throwing this out there...
Did the spring on the coil on the back of the chair to Sparky's back break or come loose?

Phoebe

#10879 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

another 8 amp fuse blew in the F7 position.

F-7 is the magnet fuse... Is this a premium or an LE? If so check the magnet board under the PF to see if the ceramic resistor is still attached to the board. It's possible that the hammer magnet has locked on and blown the board in that case the fuse will keep blowing because the board is bad.

Phoebe

#10890 6 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Thanks for the link. Here is the magnet board.

If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.

Phoebe

1 month later
#11093 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Damn. If I have to remove that I may kill the metal and have to but a new one. I guess I will have to do some more testing to be sure before I actually attempt..
When I first got the machine I noticed the auto launch screw that holds the mechanism was extremely loose. I tighten that up and it help the auto launch by about 25% but both auto launch and hand plunge are still too inconsistent.

The auto launcher on mine screws up sometimes and starts binding up...You take it apart and put it back together and it helps for awhile.

Phoebe

1 month later
#11384 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe some combo of slow color changing RGB.

Quoted from jawjaw:

try some flex heads and direct the light to where it looks good.

I have flex head slow color changers across the backpanel on MET. I like the color changing effect. I have UV flashers on Sparky cause I painted him with UV paint so when the flashers go off he really lights up!!

Phoebe

4 weeks later
#11538 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

The magnet on coffin multiball suddenly stopped working - i realized it after i hadn't got a locked ball in a while - any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Is it just the Hammer Magnet that is not working or are all your magnets out? Check F-7 which is the magnet fuse...Also check your magnet board under the PF...
Heree are some previous posts about this...
>>>> Quoted from roddog:

>>>> another 8 amp fuse blew in the F7 position.

<<F-7 is the magnet fuse... Is this a premium or an LE? If so check the magnet board under the PF to see if the ceramic resistor is still attached to the board. It's possible that the hammer magnet has locked on and blown the board in that case the fuse will keep blowing because the board is bad.

Phoebe

>>>>Quoted from roddog:

>>>>Thanks for the link. Here is the magnet board.

<<If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.

Phoebe

#11547 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Does anyone know what size the fuses are in Metallica - the manual says they are 5, 7, 3, 8, 4 amp etc slow blow but doesnt say the actual size. Thanks

If you're referring to the magnet fuse, it is a 4amp slow blow...

Phoebe

3 weeks later
#11678 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Color dmd LED version vs. LCD version, specifically in Met? I want to pick one up at Chicago expo but I’m not sure which one will look better?

I have LCD in mine (LCD in all my games as I don't care for the LED, too bright and only has DOTS mode for display) set on high res (smoothing) I prefer this setting. To me it brings out some detail that is lost in DOTS modes.

Phoebe

#11696 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I was wondering this, too. Isn't there animation on the DMD of the snake rattling its tail? I remember thinking in the past that the green was the wrong color for a rattle snake.

I had to research this extensively before I could paint the snake on my husbands MET. (He's a PITA for detail) Anyway, this image appears on the Black album and is an image from the Gadsden Flag. It has a coiled Timber Rattlesnake with the words Don't Tread on Me which is a song on the album...So I googled Timber Rattlesnake images and painted the snake to resemble an actual Timber Rattlesnake. So it is actually a rattlesnake on the game...That being said the snake on the game is enough snakeyness for me...I hate them (all of them...my theory is only good snake is a dead snake!) myself so the fact that I had to do this research and actually paint the thing creeped me out enough thank you!

Phoebe

#11703 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Here is one that I did for mine...it's in a post about 1000 pages back...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

and here's another one I did for someone along with the hammer and Sparky...

PA080014 (resized).JPGPA080014 (resized).JPG

WOW I miss the old days when most folks knew me!!

PA080007 (resized).JPGPA080007 (resized).JPG

Phoebe

#11712 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

aren't you that lady that keeps losing to that idiot in michigan @ joust? 3 years straight now, isn't it?

LOL!! I've lost to you twice to date... granted this year will probably not be an exception...but it hasn't happened YET!!!

Phoebe

#11713 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Nice work, Phoebe!

Thank you!!

Quoted from sudsy7:

What type of paint did you use for the snake eyes and hammer flames? It really pops.

I use UV/black light reactive paint on pretty much of everything I paint, so they really POP with UV bulbs!

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.