51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9103 7 years ago

Was at my buddies place last night, he has ACDC and MET. I noticed that the songs on ACDC were very predominant when playing (you could hear the music more over any other sounds such as callouts). On the MET, it's opposite. Songs seem very low compared to everything else going on. I tried playing with his settings but didn't find much of a difference overall.

What settings would most recommend so that the music stands out more?

#9106 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The values of these settings are counterintuitive. Higher numbers means quieter. (Attenuate = reduce)

Awesome. Thanks for the help. Sounds much better now!

2 weeks later
#9305 7 years ago

Picking up a NIB MET Premium tomorrow. So f'n stoked.

#9322 7 years ago

Well, got my MET today, right now trying to install the shaker but cannot find the connecter to give it power........I've looked through all the wires around the front of the cab, pulled the harnesses out of the plastic holsters, still no connector. Any suggestions??

#9324 7 years ago

Found the ground.....but still looking for the 4 pin connector.

Sparky, I know how to install the shaker...it's all done. Last step is this missing connector!! Grrrr

#9327 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There are two connections, a molex plug in the front left where shaker is mounted and a brown plug toward the back of the cab. I'll check mine when I get home.

I think it's the brown connector I'm missing then....going to hunt!

#9331 7 years ago

I haven't had to buy a shaker in quite a while. This one is used, so now I'm wondering if I'm missing a wire?

The one from the motor itself is there. Should it have come with another one to plug into the board and then run towards the back of the cab and plug into a molex? Or, should there be a wire from the pin itself that should reach the shaker board?

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

#9333 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The connector attached to the shaker goes into the board that came with your shaker. there is another connector that should have come with the shaker, it contains a red wire and a brown wire. The red wire runs to the 2 pin connector in the front left of the cabinet and the brown wired connector runs to the back of the cabinet. Sounds like you are missing that second connector. Maybe post a pic of what you have.

Mystery solved....I did not receive that wire!

#9341 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I actually installed a shaker motor today from pinballlife. It took me longer to install it then to wire it up. Brown wire up near the head laying in the bottom of the cab already and everything else was there. I love the fact all the holes were pre-drilled for the PCB and for the shaker motor already. I think it was the fastest mod I ever installed.

Since mine is a new build.....I'm wondering if they're doing something different now. Because I was able to find a wire that is tagged to plug into J1, but it's only a two pin connector. I'll take a pic and post later on.

#9364 7 years ago

Odd......my NIB Premium, built in Nov 16, PF date stamp of Apr 16. Hopefully that's before they started having issues??

1 week later
#9514 7 years ago

Question. New Premium. When I shoot the orbit shot, either left or right, the divertor (the white plastic post) continuously pops up, stopping the ball from making a full orbit. Is this normal?

#9525 7 years ago

Was just gonna start a game (played last night with no problem). Turn it on......and all I hear is the sound of the post inside the coffin, going up and down. There's a ball in there. Fiddled around a bit trying to get it out, now have this error. "Device Malfunction Coffin Lockup".

Any suggestions folks??

lockup (resized).JPGlockup (resized).JPG

#9527 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Could be an opto error
Maybe something fell in and jammed it (screw, bulb, etc)
Did you clear it out?

Tried clearing it out....same thing, the plunger just keeps going up and down, with no result.

#9559 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Damn! Just unboxed it right now, issues already. One of the holes to secure the top box doesn't line up
Is it me or this machine came with NO yellow handle to release the lockdown bar?

I have the exact issue with the holes not lining up. One side is fine, other, nope!

#9563 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was just gonna start a game (played last night with no problem). Turn it on......and all I hear is the sound of the post inside the coffin, going up and down. There's a ball in there. Fiddled around a bit trying to get it out, now have this error. "Device Malfunction Coffin Lockup".
Any suggestions folks??

Was able to adjust the bracket enough that when the plunger drops, there's enough room for the balls to get out of the coffin. But the problem still persists. When I turn the pin on that plunger in the coffin goes off about 5-6 times, stops and I get the device malfunction tech alert. I've checked the wires, unplugged at the molex, plugged back in. Turn the pin on, same behaviour.

I've got an e-mail into Chas and my disto, but I'd really like to get this pin up and running sooner rather than later. Any tips folks?

Again, here is the error I'm getting.

lockup (resized).JPGlockup (resized).JPG

#9565 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Pics of the mech might help those with a prem le see something that might be wrong/different.
If you put balls in the coffin trough, do they come out when the game opens the trough?
Is there a coffin trough test in the menus to help?
Sorry i dont have a prem/le.

So, once the balls are in the coffin trough and multiball is supposed to start, a ball kicks out of the regular ball trough, but thats it. None release from the coffin. When I power the game off and back on, the coffin spits out the balls and the plunger continues to fire 5-6 times, then goes into the Tech Alert.

Here's the coil going to the plunger.

IMG_3075 (resized).JPGIMG_3075 (resized).JPG

#9714 7 years ago

If your PF is gonna ghost, it's gonna ghost. Cliffy's won't protect that! I just picked up a NIB MET as well, playing the hell out of it. Cliffy's are on the way, but I'm enjoying the pin all the same!

1 week later
#10013 7 years ago

Hi all. Hope someone can help!

Just got the powerbladez. Left side, no problem, fits like a glove. One on the right however is a little long and extends over the washer that serves as a ground for the flipper button. Is this going to be a problem (Pics attached, showing it touch the end by the head,, and the existing over lap onto the washer).

Secondly, I didn't receive instructions for the speaker panel. Just looked at Pingraffix' website, no instructions there either. Can someone tell me where I plug this molex into? Also, for the pins that plug into the blade itself, do they have to be a certain way? I.E. where should the red wire be?

Thanks so much in advance.

At tip (resized).JPGAt tip (resized).JPG

blade touching (resized).JPGblade touching (resized).JPG

#10028 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Here is the ribbon cable

Thanks so much Cole. Very helpful.

Success with the speaker panel blade. No success with the cab panels though. I've tried every variation of hooking up with the harness, all to no avail. Here's how I hooked it up, anyone notice anything off? And yes, I ensured to turn the box on.

hook up (resized).JPGhook up (resized).JPG

#10057 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Did you check to see if the fuse was in there? Or is there some other problem?

I did, and indeed there is a fuse there. I also checked the voltage coming out of the 120V that the control box plugs into as recommended by Joe. Reads 121.6 so that's good too.

Now, when I took these out of the box and started getting ready to install, I noticed that back of them didn't look very good and am now wondering if that is the issue. Sent an e-mail to Joe yesterday, waiting on a response. I know everyones busy.

blade 1 (resized).jpgblade 1 (resized).jpg

blade 2 (resized).jpgblade 2 (resized).jpg

#10059 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Sorry if you didn't get an email, it's a long story, but Joe had a power outage at the studio yesterday, his computers are being repaired at apple, so he has no email access. I will text him now and let him know that you are trying to contact him.

No worries. But thanks much for letting me (and him) know.

#10063 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Sorry if you didn't get an email, it's a long story, but Joe had a power outage at the studio yesterday, his computers are being repaired at apple, so he has no email access. I will text him now and let him know that you are trying to contact him.

Just to follow up. Joe (and the gang from Pingraffix) are awesome. Just got an e-mail from Joe, they are going to expedite new ones out, and cover the shipping for me to send the defective ones back.

Top notch customer service right there!

#10083 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Here's a quick video of what I was talking about with the Super Skill Shot going into the Mystery Hole and exiting to a cradle "successfully, if anyone wants a visual.
» YouTube video

Hmm, interesting shot. Didn't know it existed. However, on my MET, when I plunge the post pops up, stops the ball and sends it back to the lanes. Is this not normal?

#10089 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, what Ballsofsteel said. Notice in the video my left flipper is up when I plunge, and then I release it. This Super Skill Shot is a feature on a few different games including Bally/Williams. I know AFM has it, too.

Thanks very much for the tip!

3 weeks later
#10388 7 years ago

Question folks. I installed the post from PBL in my MET. Works like a charm now when I shoot up the left orbit, where it will deaden the balls movement and drop to the inlanes. However, when I plunge or shoot the ball up the right orbit, it typically bounces and comes right back down the right orbit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance.

#10390 7 years ago

Isn't it supposed to only be flush at certain times? For example, when you're starting a ball, I know it's supposed to be up isn't it??

#10391 7 years ago

But yes, it is flush at all other times. No problem making full orbits when it's supposed to

#10396 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I see what you're saying now, instead of stopping it so it can drop after a launch, it is bouncing all the way back. Mine hasn't ever done that. I'm gonna play a few games and think on it
** OK, I played a bit. I can't see how it would bounce back like that. I assume it is tightened well and there is no play in it?

You are correct in your assumption! No wiggle room, nice and solid.

1 month later
#10656 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Just the height. It seems to work best when it is set just high enough that the ball doesn't get stuck on the hole when in the down position. When I had it higher, I was closer to the 75% you are seeing.

I'm having this issue as well, but when the ball approaches from the right (either via auto-launch from shooter lane or if I hit it up the right lane). Works perfectly when ball approaches from the left lane.

Question.....how do you adjust the height of the plunger?

#10661 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

It has been a while, but there is a set screw at the bottom of the assembly. You should be able to see it easily once you lift the playfield.
If you set it too low, you will know. The ball will get stuck on the hole when the post drops, and you have to wait for the ball finder code to activate to fire the coil to free it...then half the time it gets stuck again. lol

Thanks Nexyss

3 months later
#11402 6 years ago

Hoping for some help/guidance folks.

Snake stopped working. During gameplay the jaw won't lift, resulting in no hits registering, and when the ball goes in the snakes mouth, goes into ball search until eventually spit out. When I go into the snake test, everything works as it should. I've tried "Closing" the mouth in the test, then launching into a game. As soon as I do, the jaw drops. No clue what is going on.

Having said this, while inspecting the snake, I noticed that (what I assume to be) a pin is missing from the snakes tongue on the right hand side which would secure it to the jaw, although I don't really see this causing the issue thought I would disclose that here as well. (Pic attached).

Thanks for any assistance!

tongue (resized).jpgtongue (resized).jpg

#11411 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am not sure if this is normal but when I lock all three balls for the coffin multi-ball, only the first ball comes out right away. The other two slowly get feed downward and eventually gets released. I'd say it takes about 8-10 secs to get all of them out . I can hear a mechanism clicking as the balls slowly make their way out. Is this by design?

Nope, they should come out in close succession of each other. I'm having the same issue with mine, except sometimes they get hung up all together and I have to manually get 'em out. Following to see what others have to say about the fix. Been an intermittent issue with mine for quite a while now.

#11421 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

***Edit - Looks like dmieczko already advised on this. Leaving it here anyway as additional reference.
When is the last time both of you changed your balls? Reason I ask is this is a very common issue for when the balls become slightly magnetized. it causes the balls to slightly stick to either each other or the guide which prevents them from dropping fast enough to get past the post that is dropping down. I.E. at the same time you should be hearing that post engaging multiple times. First thing I would do is try some new balls and if it's still an issue then their is something else preventing the smooth movement of the balls.

Excellent suggestion. I'll try that.

#11422 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Have you tried the switch test? It really sounds like the switch that registers that the ball is in the mouth is not working. Coils sound to be working correctly though. I haven't noticed my tongue being like that but it shouldn't impact the registration of the ball going in the mouth. If the coil is shooting it out with the ball search then the problem is with the game not knowing the ball is in there (switch problem).
Also, the snake jaw dropping at the start of a game after manually locking it up in test is normal. The game is resetting state for the first ball which includes the snake shot being open.

85vett thanks for the response.

Figured out the switch that should be triggered when the ball goes in the mouth wasn't registering. No matter what I tried, no luck. Took the whole snake mechanism out of the pin (what a bitch to get out and back in). Anyway, all switches working fine once I tested with the snake removed from the PF.

Back in, now it registers when ball is in the mouth. But now I have another problem (I think). All I have to do is hit the jaw ONCE now when it's closed, then it drops and I can shoot the ball into the mouth. Pretty sure I used to have to hit it at least three times before the jaw would drop enabling me to shoot it into the mouth. Wash rinse and repeat around 5 times in order to launch Snake MB.

#11426 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hit jaw once, then it opens. That is how it is supposed to work.

Thanks. Guess my MET has just gotten easier to reach Snake MB on!! LOL

10 months later
#13767 5 years ago

I've hunted high and low for a fix...couldn't find one so apologies in advance if I missed a fix.

Problem: Dreaded F7 fuse blows once I turn on the pin. This started back in January and managed to get a replacement board. Things worked fine for a while. Then last month same thing. Chas graciously shipped me another board which I've just installed, and the problem persists.

Trouble-Shooting Completed: checked the ohms at the coffin magnet (reads 4.5) and checked the continuity in the wire going from the coffin magnet to the magnet PCB. Checks out fine.

Any ideas?

#13774 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I've hunted high and low for a fix...couldn't find one so apologies in advance if I missed a fix.
Problem: Dreaded F7 fuse blows once I turn on the pin. This started back in January and managed to get a replacement board. Things worked fine for a while. Then last month same thing. Chas graciously shipped me another board which I've just installed, and the problem persists.
Trouble-Shooting Completed: checked the ohms at the coffin magnet (reads 4.5) and checked the continuity in the wire going from the coffin magnet to the magnet PCB. Checks out fine.
Any ideas?

Well...must be Gremlins. Just got home from work, decided to take a look at the fuses. Put in another new fuse, working like a charm. Only thing I can figure is the new fuse I put in yesterday may have been burnt already. Guess maybe a good idea to test them before putting in. Weird!!

1 year later
#17329 4 years ago

My MET Premium started acting up about a month ago. Some times (most of the time), all the GI's start flashing very quickly, this happens in attract mode as well as during game play. Very distracting. Also, don't know if it's connected somehow, but randomly during gameplay, graveyard multiball will start meanwhile, no targets have been knocked down so there just isn't any way to justify it starting. Any suggestions folks?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Bigbossfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.