51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#292 10 years ago

It looks like I am on board for a Metallica Pro. Hoping to get it in early June. I was considering the Premium as well, but I could barely afford it and I'm not sure it's a big enough difference for the extra $2k. I have been playing the pro on location for the last few weeks and it's highly addictive. I am not the biggest Stern fan and I really didn't like Avengers and thought XMen was just ok, but this game has a lot going for it.

Brian

1 week later
#412 10 years ago

Just got my pro today as well. Played it for about 6 hours tonight with a few friends. This game shows a lot of promise so long as they keep up on the code, add modes and do something about that damn post. Possibly the best looking and most solidly built pro that Stern has ever produced.

#414 10 years ago

Yea, like many others, I ended up disabling the post in the settings. It makes the game a lot more exciting and everyone was still getting their fair share of upper rollovers and pop action from incomplete orbits. I really hope they do something about it in the long run.

Brian

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

A better way to put it is it makes the game harder. A ball dribbling out of the pops or down the left orbit is lot easier to control than a ball rocketing down the right orbit. Kills me how people don't care about the outcome of their changes, just so long as the game has plenty of 'flow'.

I was supposed to be afraid of the game being harder? It's not exactly a permanent modification...

#425 10 years ago

Well if it makes you guys feel any better, I re-enabled the post before another long night of playing along with friends and the game still rocks hard.

#438 10 years ago

+1 on the green flipper rubber. I have had green and purple break on many games.

#456 10 years ago

It's all on Stern's website. Instructions pop up when you download the file (for free). You need to put it on a USB flash drive (digital camera, thumbstick, etc) which plugs into the game.

4 years later
#13472 5 years ago

Wrong thread

2 years later
#17650 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I recently replace the stock square block on my LE for the regular newton ball and assembly from pinball life. Now I regularly get airballs onto the Graveyard predominantly. Has anyone else experienced this upon swapping and if so, what was your solution?

Quoted from Apex:

Check to see if the captive ball is sitting too low. The centerline of the ball in play has to be below the centerline of the captive ball or else every hit to it wants to bounce the ball in play up when it rebounds.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to raise the captive ball? I replaced the block with the captive ball from pinballlife a few months back and have also been getting airballs into the graveyard area. I am thinking of putting washers in somewhere...

#17651 3 years ago

...actually I'm not completely convinced that the captive ball height is the issue. At least, it appears that the captive ball is already slightly higher than the ball in play, which would make sense since the captive ball is sitting on a metal plate. I'll try anything to stop the airballs, though.

#17660 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Could it be that the ball is getting airborne slightly before hitting the captive ball? Is it hitting the magnet, lifting, and then striking the captive ball higher than it should?

Quoted from tilted81:

Do you have a cliffy on the hammer magnet? I had to remove mine because it’d send it into the bottom of the hammer. Also, make sure that magnet isn’t sitting too high

I'll have to try to see if it's gaining any air off of the magnet. It's kind of difficult to see what's going on since it's so random. No cliffy on the magnet and it appears flush with the playfield...

1 week later
#17675 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So I'm looking to add some color to my pro. LCD or LED? Please help!!

There's a whole thread about the LCD vs LED debate. I have a 'tallica with a color LED display and a TWD with a color LCD display. They both do the job, but have their strengths and weaknesses. First off, if it's got the metal backbox, installing the LCD display requires more effort because of the size of the bezel. There will be a gap between the LCD and the speaker panel that needs to be blacked out with some kind of trim, or electrical tape. The LCD also becomes slightly washed out at off angles, so it looks better for the player than it does for spectators. The key advantage is that the images on the LCD display can be set to display larger dots, squared dots, or even upscaled to create smooth images instead of just dots.

The LED display fits right in where the original red display sits, so it's easier to install and there is no gap. The downside is that you can't change the appearance of the dots on the LED display and there is no upscaling options. It is basically like the original Stern display, but with color dots. This means it looks the same at off angles as it does for the player and contrast is much better with true blacks in the image. So it comes down to whether you want to be able to change the appearance of your dots and how important contrast and viewing angle is to you. It really comes down to personal preference.

2 months later
#17801 3 years ago

Technically, the packaging says 'BALLY/WMS - STERN - STERN SPIKE', so thinking these are not actually made specifically for the Spike system.

1 week later
#17835 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

I finally joined the party recently. I didn’t think I would ever find a good condition premium model, let alone NIB

Outstanding find! After having 2 Pros, it took me a couple of years to find a nice Premium. Even though I am sure they made a ton of them, they never seem to come up for sale near me.

1 week later
#17849 3 years ago

On the Premium, replace the hammer's 'cube' with the captive ball from pinballlife. I am also partial to the Cemetery Arch mod from Mezel. I agree that the snake fangs and tongue are a must, and they are inexpensive.

1 month later
#18007 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I didn’t think about it. Yes it’s near the vent for the room. Blows right on it. I will redirect the air today. Thank you!

Not that the vent couldn't be a contributing factor, but this was a fairly common problem on Metallicas a few years back. I had a Pro that had this issue on both sides and it was never near a vent. I was able to smooth it out somewhat by taking the bolts out and using a heat gun, but it never looked perfect again.

2 years later
#20614 1 year ago

Did anyone else notice that the Metallica Premium/LE models are no longer grouped together on Pinside? I first noticed this today. The LE now has it's own profile with no ratings, owners, or other data. This seems like an odd change to make 10 years after the game's release...

#20616 1 year ago

Ah, so it's happening to all of the grouped together models eventually.

10 months later
#21382 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm trying to think of one sequal that isn't better than the original?

>>>

Quoted from Gorgar666:

That IJ is so Sweet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.