51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16519 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Joined the club today with a NIB Premium Monster that I managed to snag.
Holy shot-rocks this Pin is smoking.
My favourite so far can’t wait to get my mods[quoted image]

Your coffee table is the tits!

#16520 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just joined the club!
Picked up a MET prem a few weeks ago.
What a great playing pin!
Modding time![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One of the reasons I prefer the METALLICA pro over premium is because I always though the hammer was blocking too much of the playfield so this CLEAR hammer is a great idea! Is that why you did that as well?

5 months later
#17138 4 years ago

I'm looking into purchasing a Metallica Pro in the next couple of weeks. It has ZERO mods on it. I was considering adding both the COLOR DMD and SHAKER MOTOR, do you guys think they're worth it? I realize it's all subjective but for those who invested in them, are you glad you did?

#17163 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have meallica, Jurassic park and attack from mars? all different. considering 1 of them. not sure which. always hard deciding.

Ironically I'll be trading in my JP PRO to get a MET Pro....lol. I liked JP but it just wasn't "fun" ultimately. Not for me, at least. I also have DEADPOOL and I friggin love that game!

#17164 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hell yes!
But I recommend the LCD (will require the mounting bracket provided by Color DMD). Costs a little more, but you have more options. I like the Scan mode the best. It's a high resolution mode, but doesn't look flakey like Hires mode. Many people like the Dots XL mode also.
Also, get this black 1" thick foam from amazon for a gasket... It's peel and stick. It keeps out the light from back box and lighted speakers (if you have them).
amazon.com link »

Thanks for this! I assume this is the one you meant, eh? http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/. Says to purchase "a clear shield and hex standoffs" separately though, whatever that is.

#17203 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get these LED colored light MODS for the 4 bottom items (cross,sparky, coffin, snake). The white lights don't look as AMAZING as these colors, methinks. I know a guy on Pinside used to sell them but I don't think he does anymore. Anysuggestions?

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpgLED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
#17225 4 years ago

Hey guys!

I started playing my Metallica Pro this past weekend and it's a friggin blast so far! A few issues I noticed, just wondering if they're "normal" or problems that I'd need to fix?

1) For the CROSS drop-downs, 70% of the time when I hit the first target, the 2nd one drops at the same time. Sometimes the 2nd one drops before the 1st one. Seems wrong.

2) Whenever I shoot a ball around the left side orbit/loop, 80% of the time it gets stopped at the very top and gets send back down, i.e. doesn't go all the way around, or get to the bumpers. It does it from the right side as well, but less than 50% of the time, I'd say. In both cases, I'm talking about during "regular play". During modes or CIP, it does seem to go around more often. I also hear the plastic POST *pop up* at the top of the playfield pretty loudly. I can even hear it over the music sometimes....annoying. Is that normal or something that I can fix?

3) This isn't a physical issue or anything, but WHERE on the playfield do you see if you have 2x or 4x going? I hear it sometimes, but can never tell via the playfield (it's pretty clear on most pins)

PS: I'm not a techie by any means. Thanks for understanding!

11 months later
#18010 3 years ago

I lent my Metallica to a buddy over the holidays but the gravestones are "popping up and down" at unforeseen times. He's a COMPLETE NEWBIE and doesn't even know how to raise a playfield so for now, I thought I'd tell him to DISABLE the gravestones, so he can -- at least -- continue to play the game until he can get someone out there to fix it (no time soon, obviously).

Can someone with a METALLICA tell me step-by-step which SETTINGS to update so that he can disable the gravestones and still be able to play?

Thanks a bunch!

#18012 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I remember in the setting adjustments there was a way to disable sparky and his magnet, so I would think there would be a setting to disable the grave markers. Did you already go through the adjustment settings?

That's what I mean. I can't see his machine or go to his place (covid) so I can't advise him "in the blind". Can you tell me which MENU items he needs to click on to get to that option? For example, click on MENU first, then choose ADJUSTMENTS, then choose FEATURE ADJUSTMENTS, etc....?

#18015 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Feature adjustments # 89 change to yes

Thank you, it worked! Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=BeeGeeMtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.