IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

If you have double scoring active when you hit a jackpot shot, then you get it.
(someone plz correct me if I am wrong)

I think you need:

1. To have Fuel double scoring running;
2. Be in a multiball and get 2x scoring from hitting all the pick targets and then depositing a shot into the snake - this makes all shots 4x scoring; and
3. Then hit a super jackpot for the multiball that is running

That triggers the "jack f$cking pot!" which makes me smile every time.

1 month later
#1276 9 years ago

Basically, EOL is the 5th Crank it up mode. You have to play the other 4, then qualify CIU for the 5th time. Start EOL at the scoop.

Hey purpledrilmonkey - you should post your score... It was gross. Thankfully you didn't sully my machine with your crap.

3 weeks later
#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

As far as starting CIU modes, my feeling is that the first CIU should be easier to start but worth less points, and each progressive CIU mode would be a bit harder to start, but worth more and more points. This would let you get into the meat of the game easier but at a lower value, and also add some strategy to the actual order you pick CIU modes. The 3rd or 4th CIU would be more valuable than the 1st, so if you were really good at say, fade to black, do you pick it first and pull low but guaranteed points out, or do you save it for last and score huge at the risk of not getting to it?

This is a great idea.

2 months later
#2042 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You can only stack one at a time. All three can stack with Coffin, but once you start one (Chair, cross, snake) that's it. You can't make any more progress towards other multiballs until you drain out of your Coffin MB.

This is right.

So in short, if you start Chair, Cross, or Snake first, you can't stack any other MB with it.

If you start Coffin first, you can stack one MB with it (Chair, Cross or Snake). After one is added, there is no more progress to other MB's until the currently played ones are done.

#2043 9 years ago

Having said that, the code still allows for lots of other stacking (Fuel, SND, Battery, CIU to some extent).

3 months later
#3372 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Hopefully I can justify the cost of the color DMD to my wife someday soon.

Buy it for her for her birthday present. Then you don't need to tell her how much it cost. I'm sure she will love it.

1 month later
#3970 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Snake = Sad But True
Coffin = One (Lady Justice Mode plays the last part of One)
Sparky = Creeping Death and/or middle of Ride the Lightning
Graveyard = Master of Puppets
My changes:
Snake = Am I Evil?
Coffin = My Apocalypse (about 2mins short, so I added the last two minutes of ...And Justice for All, which plays in Lady Justice mode)
Sparky = Ride the Lightning from the beginning of the song (put it in Creeping Death spot, and replaced CD with Four Horsemen)
Graveyard = still MoP
Also changed Unforgiven to Shortest Straw
Also swapped Enter Sandman with a louder version of Enter Sandman.

Pretty sure coffin MB is "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and not "One"

1 month later
#4473 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

First time seeing the premium translite in person. Million times better than the pro and I even like it more than the LE. image.jpg

Congrats!

But wait until you check out the awesome lighting in Fade to Black, Blackened, SJP in Grave MB, Enter Sandman, etc. Enjoy!

2 months later
#4956 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I haven't seen a topper yet that gets my attention to add to my MET....digging this one Tmezel.

I couldn't find one I liked either that would go with the purple trim I added. Then I found this one at Expo. I think it looks great.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4957 8 years ago

Closer up view.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 year later
#10415 7 years ago

I would love to see Lyman add one more song to the game to replace the duplicitous use of For Whom the Bell Tolls (used for both Coffin MB and FHTBT crank it up mode). Since the "Coffin" is from the cover of the Death Magnetic album, I think it would make sense to use a song from that album. Personal preference would be All Nightmare Long or My Apocalypse, both of which are kick ass songs and would fit within the "Coffin" theme. Plus it would be great to have those songs to choose from at the start of the game.

#10418 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It would be nice but I think it's extremely unlikely at this point that any songs will be added. That would mean a new or at least modified license agreement with the band and at this point Stern isn't going to throw extra money or complications into the build. They will sell just as many units without updating the code.

Yeah, I know. I guy can dream can't he?

The only things that make me think that this is at all possible is that Lyman is on code and Metallica as a band seem to have been really into the game (e.g. custom callouts from each band member).

2 months later
#10909 6 years ago

I gave these away to pinsiders a while back. Heres a thread with some pics of my Xmen and Metallica with the gels inserted:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-xmen-le-lighting-mods

6 months later
#12253 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Does.any one have a pic of the Laserrific topper . I can't find anything.
Pic or Video would be great..
Thanks

Here is mine. Don’t see one’s like this all that often. Goes great with my premium with purple armor.

2D931A85-9D99-42D7-B7BA-C8F46FFFF6DF (resized).jpeg2D931A85-9D99-42D7-B7BA-C8F46FFFF6DF (resized).jpeg

B658DFA1-6B47-43B8-AC47-629EB898DBC5 (resized).jpegB658DFA1-6B47-43B8-AC47-629EB898DBC5 (resized).jpeg

3834FC8F-E59C-4CFE-B714-B2E54E4DF947 (resized).jpeg3834FC8F-E59C-4CFE-B714-B2E54E4DF947 (resized).jpeg

#12255 6 years ago

There is a slightly different version. More redish. Goes great with the LE.

1E952E76-82F8-4F49-B890-B3F689D6F418 (resized).jpeg1E952E76-82F8-4F49-B890-B3F689D6F418 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#12876 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've also got to the mode that you can select one of four modes a couple of times but i had any success at it yet. I think you get that after completing all four multiballs right? What is the crank it up mode and how do i get there?

Those are the crank it up modes (where you pick one of Battery, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, and Enter Sandman).

Getting those qualified has nothing directly to do with the MB's. You don't need to play any of the MBs to get a Crank it Up, but they do help speed up the process.

They are lit by collecting enough Snake, Coffin, Cross and Sparky hits. You know you have enough of each when that insert is lit at the bottom. When all 4 are lit you light CIU at the scoop.

You collect Snake by hitting the snake or hitting a shot with a snake insert lit (you light those inserts in your progression to Seek and Destroy). Cross its cross target hits and cross inserts. Sparky is sparky hits and the electric switch inserts. Coffin is just coffin hits although you get bonus coffin hits if you hit one directly after an inlane switch hit.

Hope this helps.

#12877 6 years ago

These are the inserts that show that you have qualified a CIU mode. When all are lit, you are ready to go.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12878 6 years ago

Blackened mode is qualified by lighting all of the guitar pic lights (i.e. the ones below the Cross, Switch, Coffin, and Snake inserts). Hit the stand up targets enough times to light each band member. When all 4 band members' guitar pics are lit, Blackened begins.

#12880 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok cool, thanks alot for clarifying that I appreciate it. I really like the CIU mode so far but i just need to do better at it. Is there any one of those modes that i should pick or are they all about the same score wise?

For me, Battery seems to be the lowest scoring. FWTBTs I have had some great scores. It helps to get 2x scoring lit, and then cash out on the scoop. In a CIU mode you need to hit each of Sparky, Cross, Snake and Coffin to allow to you cash out and finish the mode (again these inserts light up to show which ones you have left to collect to cash out).

Scoring in the mode itself varies for each mode. Basically, in Sparky you hit him over and over. Fade to Black is all switch hits and the lit up shot. Enter Sandman changes the flashing shots based on switch hits (hit a shot with flashing inserts and you collect that insert. Collect all inserts for big bonus). FWTBT is set up like a grid - each shot collects one insert on that shot).

I personally love Fade to Black as you literally have the lighting on the game fade darker and darker as you get more switch hits.

#12887 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I believe that you meant 'seek and destroy' mode. and that is actually started when you collect all of the band members by completing the pick targets a number of times (1x for the first band member, 2x for the 2nd, etc... up to 4x for the 4th and final band member). 'fade to black' (if that's what you meant) is one of the 4 crank it modes that you can choose from after qualifying the number of crosses, electric chair switches, coffins and snake hits

No. Blackened is the mode for collecting the band member pic targets.

Seek and Destroy is from collecting all shot insert lights (i.e. shoot a shot to "qualify the shot". Arrow is Red on that shot. Then hit coffin, snake or sparky and that insert for that red shot lights. If you light all 3 inserts for that shot, then you hit that shot again to light the coffin for a hurry up. Hit the coffin hurry up in time and all 3 inserts for that shot light solid. Light all inserts for all shots solid and you start Seek and Destroy.

Also, when a shot's inserts are solid, when you hit that shot, you collect 1 "hit" for each insert. So if the right ramp is has Snake, Sparky and Cross all lit, each successful right ramp shot will collect 1 snake, 1 sparky and 1 cross. Very helpful to get CIUs lit. But once you play Seek and Destroy, all inserts go unlit. Then its tougher to start CIUs. So there is strategy as to when to start Seek and Destroy.

#12888 6 years ago

From Tilt Forum's Metallica wiki sheet:

Coffin Hurry Up

Collecting Coffin Hurry Ups helps progress faster towards the Crank It Up modes and is required for qualifying the Seek and Destroy mode.

To collect a hurry up you have to:

select shot with red spider arrow by shooting it once (red arrows are your ‘selectors’)
once an arrow is selected it will turn red.
then you must collect each of the three inserts in that lane (electric chair, snake, and grave marker) by hitting each of the Sparky, Snake, and Grave shots.
once you have collected all 3 inserts, the red arrow and all inserts will strobe
hit the lane once more to activate hurry up
the coffin will strobe. hit captive ball to collect hurry up (starts at 1.5 mil and counts down)
Multiple hurry-ups can be started / collected at once for at least double the award.
Once you have collected a hurry up, all three inserts for that shot (or shots) will light solidly, indicating that shot is completed.
if you complete a hurry up, progress will be saved from ball to ball.
if you do not complete it, progress will be lost.

Seek and Destroy

To qualify Seek and Destroy, you have to collect all 5 hurry ups --> Left orbit, grave marker, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.

You get a nice intro animation and call out, then the band rips into the thrash part of the song.
Timer counts down as the band plays on stage.
One lane will strobe, this is your ‘SEEK’ (also indicated on DMD)
Hit the lane for a jackpot and to add time, and the coffin shot will strobe.
Hit the coffin, this is your ‘DESTROY’, and you are awarded a super jackpot and a new animation / callout.
Repeat until time runs out or you lose your ball.
During the mode, any non-lit spider arrow will score a mini jackpot (250,000 and grows each shot).
At the end of ball or round, you will see your SEEK AND DESTROY total.
If it beats the current record, you make the scoreboard.

Blackened

This mode is started by collecting all 4 band members by hitting all 4 stand-up targets.
Completing the fourth band member requires four completions of the stand-up targets.

For the Blackened mode you have to complete the Guitar Pick targets to light the shots for points. The base starts at 1M and goes up each time you hit a target. The value for each target is 250K + some small increment for each target hit. However unlike most other values in the game, the Blackened mode adds the multiplied value to the base (1M). So if you hit a target with 2x scoring running, it will add +~500k. Times 4 targets and you have 1M + ~2M = 3M which you can then collect with the multiplier.

CRANK IT UP

Huge scoring potential modes, but also high risk because they are single-ball play modes with a short ball-save to start each mode.

To activate the first crank it up mode, 15 hits are required for each of the following:
Grave marker, electric chair, snake, and coffin. (adjustable in settings) Each subsequent CIU requires 5 additional hits (ie. 20,25,30)
Coffin requires 15 captive ball hits, while all others can be scored by the associated shot or a lit corresponding insert on a ramp, loop, or grave marker.

For Whom The Bell Tolls:

All shots will be lit for jackpot shots. Shoot each one three times to complete the mode.
Hit flashing shots. Seems to be the highest scoring mode on the Pro.
Fade to Black:

Jackpot value collected based on switch hits.
One shot will be lit for full value jackpot, then usually changes to different shot if you collect it. for flashing shots and hitting a set number of switches.
Battery:

Sparky bash mode. Each time you bash Sparky, it lights other shots electric chair inserts for jackpots.
Enter Sandman:

This is a controlled, sharpshooting mode. On-the-fly play does not work as well in this mode.
Three random (I believe) inserts on the ramps/loops/cross will be flashing. You must shoot a shot with at least one of the flashing inserts to get a full value jackpot and light that insert(s) solidly.
Each time you hit ANY switch, the 3 inserts that are lit will change to new random positions.
If 2 or 3 inserts are flashing on the same shot, if you shoot that shot, it will award you a 2x/3x jackpot and 2x/3x progress value.
Solidly light all the inserts to score the completion bonus.
Once all are completed, CIU will light at the scoop.
CIU can only be activated in single ball play.
Note: Seek & Destroy carries over into CIU

CIU can be used to achieve monster scores or progress to END OF THE LINE.
To collect your CIU super jackpot exit out of CIU, you only have to hit each of the 4 CIU insert shots (Cross, Chair, Coffin, Snake) and finish at the scoop.
Any ramp or loop will award some points and progress toward completion, but much higher values and greater progress awarded for hitting flashing shots.
Completing enough ramps or loops (or sparky hits in battery) will award a finishing bonus of 15mil.

After hitting the 4 major shots, followed by the scoop, you have the option to end of the mode and cash out or continue. Try to stack 2x scoring with the cashout for huge scores. Choosing to end the mode will give you the opportunity to re-collect 1/4 of your CIU collected super jackpot by hitting all lit spider arrow shots, followed by the scoop. The CIU reprise takes place during both single ball play or multiball, but doesn’t carry over to your next ball.

If you are playing for EOTL, finishing CIU quickly and relighting it is the way to go.

END OF THE LINE

Wizard mode that requires starting all 4 Crank It Up modes to qualify it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.