51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adios.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2546 9 years ago

Anybody running colorDMD with hd scaling? I looked on YouTube but didn't see any videos.

#2550 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, I have a ColorDMD on my Metallica, but it's set to white DotXL, and I love it. Until I get full color at least!

Ordered my pro today, thinking about getting a colorDMD to install when it shows up. Really wanted to see how the hd up scaling looks, if it half as good as Acdc I'm sold

#2552 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well it's going to be in full color shortly, and it's going to look better than ACDC, only because it has such amazing dots. So I'd just order away personally.

Awesome! going to order then! Hype train is pulling into the station!

#2566 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Here is a video I took for Gio so he could show off the badass lighting effects. He tied in the flasher colors to the DMD.
» YouTube video

Thanks! That's awesome! Can't wait till the full color is done.

#2607 9 years ago

State tax maybe? If he lives in the same state the company is?

#2615 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I have officially joined the club! The local freight shipper said they had it on their dock Friday, the sticker on the back said it was built on Thursday. That is pretty impressive.

I have a shaker, cliffys, sling & sparky protectors to install but those can wait until tomorrow. Right now I just want to play a few games and take in that new pin smell

Congrats! Damn, can't wait till mine shows up. I'm jealous.

#2629 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Now I just need to learn how to play it. Never played it before so I don't know the rules yet. Any good links to rules would be greatly appreciated.</blockquote

Papa tutorial

#2646 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome to hear about so many NIB Met machines stern is churning out. You all wont be disappointed!
Only thing that would make me sell my Met pro is if stern ran another premium run. Back in 2013 buying my first pin, i think I made the right decision to get the pro NIB. Spending 5g on a pin that i had no idea how to take care of was kinda jumping into the deep end of the pool already. But now that im a 3 pin owner, im thinking maybe the extra $$$ would have been worth it.

Thanks Rick, my sparky air ball protector showed up today! If anybody is looking for a good mod at a great price contact Rick, Fast delivery too..it beat my machine here

#2651 9 years ago

Excited stuff is showing up
Shaker, snake teeth tongue, sling protectors, sparky protector, super bands, shiny pinlife balls, green cup holder. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2654 9 years ago

Looking good Meph! What do you think of the LEDs they put in? I ordered some extra led bulbs to change out to put some color under fuel/sparky inserts and to move the spot lights off the slings. What setting did you end up running on the shaker?

#2664 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't understand how the lack of a proper protector gets past whitewood testing and quality control? I saw a picture of a MET with a few thousand plays on it and the dimpling on the upper playfield looked absolutely awful.
Before anyone plays one ball on their game, the sparky protector is a must!
Rob

Man when that magnet grabs that ball out of the air and slams it on the playfield it looks cool as $#!+. I just don't want it to happen on my new machine..lol. Protectors are going on before I play my first game. Just got an update game will be here Monday!

#2692 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Pro LED in the house!)

Looks good next to WW & ST! Congrats! Mine will be here Monday can't wait!

#2699 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ugh... I got the call today, should ship Tuesday :/

Be here before you know it.

#2704 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have been tracking my game and the truck broke down in NM. Geezz

Mine made it to the hub here in town tonight, but not scheduled out for delivery till Monday

#2779 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I seem to have a bit of trouble hitting the scoop though and find myself draining ball 3 with CIU lit, which really sucks.

You try the right orbit to left -> right flipper dead bounce to scoop shot? It works on some games.
Edit: think the game I did that on had the post divert disabled

#2787 8 years ago

Hell yeah! Just showed up!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2792 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Can you post some pictures of the playfield all lit up? Enjoy it.

Oh yeah! putting together now.

Quoted from northvibe:

Just got mine too! Has to wait in the garage until after work/gym though

Getting this thing up the stairs was a work out.

#2794 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

In or out of the box?

In the box

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2819 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

where did you get the sparky protector?

Rickwh, highly recommended!

#2828 8 years ago

I had a good game last of the night yesterday. My son and I had a debate about it this morning on the way taking him to school. I'm on ball 3 just finished my second sparky multiball. I have snake and graveyard multiball lit to start plus crank it up. I choose crank it up make it half way through the mode and drain. Game over, he said I should of went for the mutliballs and not crank it up. What would have you done? I was trying for the big points, or should I have played it safe and just went for the multi? Damn, I love this game so many ways to attack it.

#2830 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think you played it right. If I have CIU ready at the same time as a multiball, I will always start CIU. Then you can use the multiball afterwards to work toward CIU again. Your son is looking for the easy points, but he is assuming you're going to drain soon, so grab easy multiball points. You can't play assuming you're going to drain. Big points don't come without big risks.
Now if you were in a tourney, and you were only a few million behind, then yes, I would have gone with a multiball for a guaranteed win.

Yeah, I was thinking so too, damn sling launched the ball right into the outline way too fast. Damn old man reflexes lol. I was looking ahead, I have been trying to get him to understand the rules better for more points, 2x snake add a ball with fuel running. He is learning, he don't like to get beat, especially by the old man...lol

#2835 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Typically in this situation, I would have started CIU, focused the 4 feature shots to light the CIU jackpot (and naturally made other shots by mistake) during the ball saver, and then make shots until you roll into the scoop to collect the (possibly small) jackpot and exit CIU. Then you are one shot to get into a multiball, and I would immediately bash the hell out of the coffin to get that MB ready as well, while also making progress to the next CIU.
While there are many more points in CIU, unless you are confident in your single ball shooting ability under pressure, the risk (on ball 3) is very high once that ball save turns off, so I will tend to exit the mode at the first chance on my final ball. My exception is if you had Fade to Black available and you're on a premium. The mode is quite forgiving (switch hits) and if you can dial in on the orbit shots the return to the flipper is usually safe-ish
But as a general rule, if I have a multiball ready, I will light the CIU jackpot asap and collect it.

The right pick target by the gravemarker is what got me I was off by a hair and it punished me, my idea was to get in and get out get my points then start multiball. Well at least I feel better about my plan next time need to execute better.

#2881 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Very well intergrated. You guys that have the new pro is your inserts lit by little led boards? If so could someone post a pic of the underside of the playfield.

No. it's regular bulbs and sockets, I can get you a pic later we are playing now

#2986 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

First of all, thank you to all that have posted on this thread. It has been really helpful and informative.
Secondly, I should have listened to the poster several pages back who advised installing a Sparky Protector before even playing one game. I had to keep the game in the box the last few weeks due to a move, but was finally able to get it assembled last night. After only 12 plays, I noticed no fewer than ten permanent dimple marks surrounding the magnet by Sparky's feet.
I have ordered a protector from Rickwh and cannot wait for it to arrive so I can start playing the pin again. But I am a little surprised that Stern would not have done something to prevent this problem on their own.
And one final thought. The shaker motor is definitely worth having in this pin.

That magnet just has its way with the ball, even though I put a protector it still has thrown the ball over the snake, launched the ball with so much force that it's hopped over the flippers, bounce off of the flippers and hit the playfield glass. Plus the countless times it just straight drained the ball with no time to react. Have fun! play the game, the protecter just really helps stop air balls off of sparky's feet

#3063 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Joining the club! Have a Metallica Pro LED on order and a Coin Taker red tremor shaker on the way. Can't wait. Out of all Stern pro games I think MET pro offers the most for the money.

Congrats, that red tremor shaker rattles the crap out of the game. That was one of the main reasons I chose it as my first nib. The code, rules and modes made it a buy for me, Star Trek was close but I liked Met more

#3100 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think you are spot on. basically snake mb will start after earning the letters to spell S N A K E. I t sounds like the biggest diff between prem/le and pro would be in hits when the snake isnt lit.
On the pro you only get a snake letter when you get the ball in the snake scoop when it is lit (green led on his head). Hits to snake when it isnt lit just kick back out t you with no snake letter.
Sounds like on the Prem/le the snakes jaw would close and keep you from getting the ball in there at all when the snake shot isnt lit. So unlit shots just bounce off the snakes bottom lip.

You have to light the snake by making a snake insert shot. This shot which in turn will light the green light on the snake. Make the snake mouth shot gives you a letter. Then repeat till you collect all 5 letters then last shot to snake to start snake multiball- on pro model

#3166 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thank you,
Surprised to find another listener, I think that makes you #5. Trip went great other than the fact that I had to do housework today after getting back to town and setting up the game at the arcade...and will be working 20 hour days the next two days, but come next Tuesday I will be playing the game a lot, hopefully have another podcast recorded this Sunday as well.

I listen too! Hope to hear one on Met but it's got to be while your driving! Lol

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I can't get my fangs installed for anything. The little screw inside the jaw is so damn tight...Anyone else have this issue?

I lifted on the plastic head a bit(had a little give) and slid the teeth in at an angle.

#3252 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have a lot of friends up here, and made myself a pretty sweet deal.
Brought home ACDC prem. Friday night as well.
N.B. Wife is away for the weekend.... oops

Nice! With your collection what's pin or two she'll never notice..

#3254 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

She plays them. So She will know.
Funny enough, AC/DC was the one pin she said she missed when I sold it the first time.

I Want an Acdc, that pin might get my wife to play but she has no interest. Hopefully that or Star Trek will be my next one. Awesome collection you have there enjoy!

#3279 8 years ago

Pissed,image.jpgimage.jpg less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

#3282 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wow that sucks. That just chipped off in one hunk?

As far as I can tell, I can't find the piece though.

#3292 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wow, how unfortunate for you, and I would be quite upset as well. Definitely contact Stern and see if they warranty this damage. What happened? Just an air ball that caused that much damage? I hope this is not a sign of bad production games in this latest run because I got one and It definitely concerns me. Good luck and sorry that happened.

Not that I know of, my son plays it when I'm not around. I haven't seen any since I put my sparky protector.

I guess I'll give stern a call today and see what they say.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would be pissed too! Hopefully Stern helps out.
Clear issue or magnet too low or high from factory?

The magnet is flush.

#3294 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This worries me also as I just ordered a met pro and picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday the one at Allentown after one day was really really bad with most of the paint around the magnet and 3 inches out was gone seems like there may be a bad batch of met led pros within the last month or so I heard of this from other newer owners also at the show .

I wouldn't let my incident deter you from getting this great game. I work in manufacturing, so I know things happen that can be out of your control. I'll talk to stern today and see if there is anything that can be done. I am really happy with this game other than this one issue. The reason I posted is to make other owners aware of a potential problem around the magnet area and that they might be diligent in protecting this area.

3 weeks later
#3625 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Dear middle metal Outland post,
You suck!
Sincerely Adios

#3627 8 years ago

The outlanes kill me in this game, I shake the crap out of it still no stopping that bounce out. The sling shot to outlane beats the hell out of you. Man this game will straight out punish you for missing shots

1 week later
#3681 8 years ago

Mines going out this week to get repaired, got sent the wrong box the first time around so that's why I haven't updated.

#3750 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Power Ball captive ball.

power-captive.jpg(Click image to enlarge)

That looks great! I got a monster green one to put as my captive ball. I got to wait till I get my playfield back from stern to put it in. I still need to send the playfield to them first but I haven't had time to remove and ship it out. Was it hard to install the power ball?

#3785 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It really was polished with the more recent code. FWIW this came with 1.64 code which is needs than the 1.63 Stern has in their site.

I wonder what the difference is? There is no 1.64 on the stern site. This sounds interesting. Congrats with the game lots of fun!

#3803 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Double checked when I got home:

image.jpg

That's weird on the number after the English is that your serial number? Cool that there will be an update coming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 149.00
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adios.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=Adios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.