Topic Stats

• 17,204 posts
  • 960 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 345.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. IS THAT A CLUE?

If only there were such a thing as a pre-pre-order .....

#4902 4 years ago

I used CT flat 8 with flex heads in the following order

Blue. White. Blue. Blue. White. Blue

The whites line up with circular electrode things on back drop. And the blues bring out the artwork lightning colors. Looks really nice!

#4903 4 years ago

Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated.

#4904 4 years ago

Looks like another run of Pro's and Premium are going to be run in December, Last chance people

1 week later
#4905 4 years ago

Can someone with a Prem/LE can scan the art used on the apron plastics? I've had a Prem/LE style apron ready to install into my Pro for a year or two now and would love to get my hands on the art used in the apron plastics.

I can't be the only guy out there that wants to install this mod on my Pro. If someone has the art, please PM me.

met-le-left.jpg
met-le-right.jpg

#4907 4 years ago

Better grab one of these while you can. They just showed up on the store.

http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny/official-metallica-poster

dtd919-1.jpg

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Better grab one of these while you can. They just showed up on the store.
http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny/official-metallica-poster

dtd919-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! This will look great with Metallica and the blacklights in my gameroom.

#4909 4 years ago

Wow, that looks great!

#4910 4 years ago

Here's a video that shows the chrome. I'm not sure I like it, but I plan to order the non-chrome version too when it shows up.

https://www.facebook.com/dirtydonnyart/videos/1108466945832717/

I have way too many of these posters.

#4911 4 years ago

Oh that video is helpful. Yeah, get the white one, the chrome is kinda cheesy. IMHO at least. I know these foil variants are popular now, but they're just too rainbowy for me, rather see the art on a clean white base.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

rather see the art on a clean white base.

Any idea if those are signed as well? Or is it just the le posters?

#4913 4 years ago

Official Metallica screen print backlight poster!
Printed in florescent inks on Chrome poster stock/paper this is one fancy print!
Measures 18x24 inches and is a signed and numbered edition of 200
(only 50 available here!)

18x24 inches
5 color screenprint
Signed by Dirty Donny
Official Metallica limited poster

i.e. Wording from DD's Site.

#4914 4 years ago

It's all about the signed chrome baby! I love it. Signed and limited edition. The 200 of these will go quickly. Mine is on the way.

#4915 4 years ago

Im

Quoted from swampfire:Here's a video that shows the chrome. I'm not sure I like it, but I plan to order the non-chrome version too when it shows up.
https://www.facebook.com/dirtydonnyart/videos/1108466945832717/
I have way too many of these posters.

The normal ones are on the metallica store.
I got chrome.
I have the stern wizards and blacklight rebellion ones so fancied the chrome for a change

#4916 4 years ago

Should look nice next to my metallica beer can ha.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

The normal ones are on the Metallica store.

I'm not seeing it there. Can you reply with a link? Thanks!

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm not seeing it there. Can you reply with a link? Thanks!

They were only available to metclub members, but the site shows sold out for both versions now.

#4919 4 years ago

Yeah sold out online at the distributor and through the Metallica Club. Looks like 50 were sold through the distributor and 100 through the Metallica Club... So that means 50 unaccounted for. People now asking $300 on eBay.

#4920 4 years ago

Sorry make that asking $200-$300US ... White ones were limited to only 120 and they are sold out too.

#4921 4 years ago

Chrome
image.png

White
image.png

#4922 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry make that asking $200-$300US ... White ones were limited to only 120 and they are sold out too.

OK, sounds like if I'm not happy with the chrome, I won't have too much trouble selling it.

#4923 4 years ago

So how many of each were made?
200 chrome and 120 white?
glad i didnt wait around

#4924 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

So how many of each were made?
200 chrome and 120 white?
glad i didnt wait around

That's my understanding of the numbers.

#4925 4 years ago

I never saw the white ones available yesterday. must have missed that. I would have preferred that to the chrome version

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I never saw the white ones available yesterday. must have missed that. I would have preferred that to the chrome version

I'm just gonna paint over my chrome with Wite-Out.

#4927 4 years ago

Dude I'm bummed just got an email.. I bought one about an hour after they went on sale, and now they are saying it was already sold out I'd imagine some of you will be getting one as well.. Grrrr

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Dude I'm bummed just got an email.. I bought one about an hour after they went on sale, and now they are saying it was already sold out I'd imagine some of you will be getting one as well.. Grrrr

That really sucks. Sounds like what happened when the LE's went on sale. A lot of people bought them to be later told they wouldn't be getting one. Hopefully the distributor can figure something out. I would definitely call around as just because your distributor is sold out may not mean there isn't another one out there with some left.

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That really sucks. Sounds like what happened when the LE's went on sale. A lot of people bought them to be later told they wouldn't be getting one. Hopefully the distributor can figure something out. I would definitely call around as just because your distributor is sold out may not mean there isn't another one out there with some left.

I think he's talking about the Dirty Donny print, not the pinball?

#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Damn same thing happened to 2 of us here as well. Really crappy way to go. Take the money and then say sorry but they are sold out... Go to eBay and pay 3x list price if you want. BS!

#4931 4 years ago

same thing happened to me as well. what kind of crappy website in this day and age doesn't know how much inventory is available?!?

I know for a fact that I was charged and they are then crediting my account back with money they took for the product. unacceptable.

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yea, sry to bring my rant here I'm pretty butt-hurt about it

#4933 4 years ago

As I'm I but I guess I snooze I lose. Don't know if I'll pay the $ cash on epay but you never know.

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

As I'm I but I guess I snooze I lose. Don't know if I'll pay the $ cash on epay but you never know.

Don't do it. You are just confirming that the pricks can keep making cash this way.

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Don't do it. You are just confirming that the pricks can keep making cash this way.

Putting an artificial limit on the prints gives flippers the green light to profit off of it instead of DD. Sucks for real fans of his work, of Metallica, and of the pinball machine.

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ops. Where is that emoticon with the face banging against a wall.

Oh, there it is....

#4937 4 years ago

Thought I'd share a couple of pics from our newborn shoot this morning. Thought these were cool. Guess now I can claim sentimental value on my MET in my argument to keep it if I'm ever pushed to sell it

IMG_6503.JPG
IMG_6494.JPG

#4938 4 years ago

Congrats

#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Flame topper I made.
ยป YouTube video

That is WAY cool. Are you gonna sell those?

#4941 4 years ago

That topper kicks ass

#4942 4 years ago

I haven't seen a topper yet that gets my attention to add to my MET....digging this one Tmezel.

#4943 4 years ago

This would also look great on Acdc

Nice work

#4944 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This would also look great on Acdc
Nice work

I think it might look good with KISS too. Thanks for the feedback, I will get this into production, along with everything else I owe you guys.

#4945 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I think it might look good with KISS too. Thanks for the feedback, I will get this into production, along with everything else I owe you guys.

could you post the dimensions, i really just need the height measurement, thanks

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

could you post the dimensions, i really just need the height measurement, thanks

9 inches

#4948 4 years ago

You wish!

#4949 4 years ago

I just installed a set of service rails on my LED pro. I know this has been done before, but maybe it will help someone who hasn't installed them yet. I could not bring myself to drill through the bottom of my playfield. Therefore I decided to reuse the existing rod holes. I just used some 10-24 bolts I had laying around. I added a washer and tape around the bolt to make it snug in the hole. It worked great.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#4950 4 years ago

Hey guys, if anyone has purchased a backup set of plastics from marcos here - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-E3 and has them handy, would you mind scanning them or taking some good quality photos of them? Scanning would be preferred but not everyone has a scanner The Virtual Pinball community thanks you in advance!

Metallica_Premium_Plastics.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 17204 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside